• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legacy of MELEE-FC - Smash 64 Side Event Discussion

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
I agree, but you don't play 64, so why are you here? I know I haven't played 64 since Springfield formed a crew, but I never remember you playing at all.

So the real question is this. What are you doing stalking me?
That user tracks down posts about Brawl and disparages the game, whether or not it's on topic to do so.

The "64 hype" part hardly helps.

SSB said:
Petei'm pretty sure i'm the only person in existance to like falcon uair chains
Even if you don't think they're "gay," how exactly can you like them? They're very bland, as combos go.

Sure, I consider them good for being effective and easy, but... You wouldn't say you "like" 8 minutes of laser camping because it wins matches, right?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
That user tracks down posts about Brawl and disparages the game, whether or not it's on topic to do so.

The "64 hype" part hardly helps.
Oh, I know who he is. We go to tournaments together all the time. I was just surprised he was posting in the 64 boards when I know he doesn't play 64.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Even if you don't think they're "gay," how exactly can you like them? They're very bland, as combos go.

Sure, I consider them good for being effective and easy, but... You wouldn't say you "like" 8 minutes of laser camping because it wins matches, right?
there are subtleties to uair chains. sometimes with proper timing/fastfalls/etc you can get an additional uair.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
platdrop uairs are cool in my book too

i actually like seeing a whole ton of rapidly executed uairs closely concentrated around a dreamland platform ending in falcon punch

SSBPete

Smash Lord

like ballin said, uair chains can be more complex than they look

funnily enough, i actually don't mind 8 minutes of laser camping

i tend to do it and i don't mind watching it

platdrop uairs are cool in my book too

i actually like seeing a whole ton of rapidly executed uairs closely concentrated around a dreamland platform ending in falcon punch
my specialty!

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
B-bump...?

Registration/Sign-up will be closing in a few days, and I don't see many people up yet. :(
I'm signing up this weekend. I'm going home this weekend to see how many setups I can bring to get that dinero off the $70 price tag for FC. Right now I'm getting $20 off, but it could be up to $40 off.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
B-bump...?

Registration/Sign-up will be closing in a few days, and I don't see many people up yet. :(
Combo! Are you going to this? Let's get some Sonic 1-3&K going in the hotel room bro.

Oh and in case you're new to pre-registration tourneys? Usually 50-80% of the registrants register in the last two days. Smash 64 will have plenty of entrants I'm sure.

Battlecow

Play to Win
60 entrants for teams and almost none of them actually play 64.

Daddy gon make some mon neeeeeeeeee

The Star King

Smash Hero
battlecow US (Midwest) Singles and Teams with Undecided

hm...

Also Brawl had 4 entrants register for singles. LMAO. And 64 is considered the side event.

Honestly if I was going I would probably join Brawl so I could say I got top 5 at Brawl at a national tournament, wut.

And looking at the entrants list, Battlecow might actually win. Sigh.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No, it's a pretty sure bet that I'll win. I mean, Kphox has a chance I guess since he was rusty last time we played but if he teams with me that's on lockdown.

I'm pretty happy about the whole thing TBH. A small, evil part of me is glad that no one's coming.

The Star King

Smash Hero
...Yeah, that's pretty evil. I wouldn't prefer the more hollow victory myself, but I guess that's you.

I kind of think they shot themselves in the foot with that entry fee. Apex did better for a reason.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
BC ALWAYS loves to talk about the ONE tourney that had Melee/brawl/64

I entered all of them, just cuz, why not.

i got like, top 7 in brawl a game i rarely play but isnt as foreign to me

i got 5th in melee only being out placed by VERY exceptional melee players (Tope, Taki, Vudujin, SilentSwag)

and i probably went two and out in 64. i havent held a 64 controller in about 10 years. and HE LOVESSSSSS TALKING **** ABOUT THIS. lol i couldnt give any less.

he won a 64 tourney where there were no 64 players besides hes butt buddys that he knew he could beat.

like.. really battlecow, if you NEED this to feel better go head. i suck at 64. lol

so all these people playing 64 at FC be warned. although none of you play 64 when BC beats you he will talk **** and try and act like hes something more then a basement dwelling keyboard warrior.

also

Lol Carroll. I'm not that good at 64, and I never (seriously) claimed to be. If all my 64 skills were transferred to melee, I wouldn't have placed top 5 in the melee tourney. But yes, I can beat casual players like most of the ones at that tourney; Vudu beat me in a MM because I tried to weegee ditto him as a joke.

you've never played me. never seen a vid of me. never met me, and you pick on me for being a 'newbie'.

this kind of behavior is pretty unique to the 64 scene. it's so weird.

M!nt

Smash Champion
^agree w/ gio

Also I see why he wouldn't go, with such the small brawl outcome, I wouldnt pay that much for the venue just to mm and not even make as much as I payed, but whatever i never really saw the hype for this anyway.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
you've never played me. never seen a vid of me. never met me, and you pick on me for being a 'newbie'.

this kind of behavior is pretty unique to the 64 scene. it's so weird.
You assume I'm picking at you because you're a noob, but thats simply not the case.

You're an awful troll at best, and you ran out on a MM...now I'm well aware that you probably never had any intent to have said MM, but it was pretty bad.

I'm no great smasher, probably THEE slowest in progression of all time. I never once implied this had anything to do with skill or time spent playing the game...or anything of that nature.

All things aside the price was crazy, I'll give you that.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Yea not affording to go is a legit reason, its a big reason why I'm not going. I met gio at apex briefly, seemed like a cool guy. But gio, 64 is a small and therefore pretty tight community, so if you excessively troll one of us you gotta expect people to get upset at that, right?

yes but comments concerning how stupid 'gio fans' are just make you guys look incredibly stuck up

and i said before, i'm still down to have the MM. FC is a waste for me to go to. its not like i'm never going to a tournament again

it doesnt really matter when we play, because i'm going to win :yeahboi:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
yes but comments concerning how stupid 'gio fans' are just make you guys look incredibly stuck up

and i said before, i'm still down to have the MM. FC is a waste for me to go to. its not like i'm never going to a tournament again

it doesnt really matter when we play, because i'm going to win :yeahboi:
I never said they where stupid, i said wonderful, to which i was mostly talking about FUNNY.

I'm sure you can agree this has been a good laugh all in all?

oh. i assumed you were being sarcastic.

yes carroll is a hilarious dude.

i cant take the boards seriously lol. no one ever acts the same in person as they do online. but battlecow's posts are so incredibly irritating and immature that i have no choice but to harass him

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
oh. i assumed you were being sarcastic.

yes carroll is a hilarious dude.

i cant take the boards seriously lol. no one ever acts the same in person as they do online. but battlecow's posts are so incredibly irritating and immature that i have no choice but to harass him
Trust me, me and battlecow have had our issues as well lol.

If anything though I'm surprised your saying you don't take these boards seriously, yet got so offended / annoyed with battlecow, then started / got into a huge Hype and bashing contest pretty much.....THEN turned around at this point to become very defensive about it. I had actually figured you'd just go along with the nonsense lol.

well what got me about battlecow is how my friends met him and told me about how he's possibly even worse irl than on the boards. also i really dislike it when people insult my buddies, especially carroll, he's such a nice guy.

bcow is so emo and trollable that i cant resist building up hype. and yo, it's not like i made this thread or the hype vid. i just wanted a MM

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Lol well I still find that a bit hard to believe, but you could easily prove me wrong im sure, and get another MM on the go ASAP (when ever that maybe) ?

Top Bottom