• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legacy of MELEE-FC - Smash 64 Side Event Discussion

rustyw

Smash Cadet
What are the results? It's hard to find any info. Also, knitephox, will you be uploading videos?

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
There were a lot of awesome moments at this tourney despite the amount of people that went.

On the first day Battlecow and I did a $1 MM of Luigi dittos, best two of three. It went down to a harrowing last stock to which I eventually won. I can now unsafely say that I have the best Luigi in the Midwest.

Meeting Moogle and Moogle's teammate Pekkle was awesome. Pekkle is a smasher from way back and her and Moogle both personally know Isai. Isai's old melee tag "MEL" comes from Pekkle's name. When I found that out, my mind was shattered to pieces.

Pekkle was actually talking to Isai on the phone, and Battlecow was asking if he could talk to him.

Pekkle (to Isai): "Do you want to talk to Battlecow?"
*Battlecow looks so excited*
Isai says no.
*Battlecow has an extreme look of disappointment on his face*

Battlecow

Play to Win
Han Solo's leaving out the awesomest moment of all

But I guess I should let y'all watch teams GF's and see for yourself

Champaign went in hard once again

I won more money than superboomfan did at Genesis or Apex, which I find completely hilarious

Gio is a *****

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Han Solo's leaving out the awesomest moment of all

But I guess I should let y'all watch teams GF's and see for yourself

Champaign went in hard once again

I won more money than superboomfan did at Genesis or Apex, which I find completely hilarious

Gio is a *****
Oh yeah. Teams GF were pretty great. I was expecting BattlePhox to destroy Rumblolo because they were giving it to us in friendlies, but it was a pretty good set.

Also, to add to the results.

1. Battlecow $200
2. Moogle $100
3. Han Solo $50
4. Knitephox
5. Rumbly
5. Jace (melee player)
7. Duck (melee player)
7. Vudujin (melee player)

Notable 64 players that did not make bracket:
meowmeowrainbowkitty (he went 6-4 in pools tied with Duck, but Duck won the head to head so Duck advanced. We gave him **** all tournament)

Knitephox and I had an amazing loser's semifinals match that went to game 5. Fox Dittos every game. It should be recorded somewhere.

Knitephox and Jace had the most entertaining singles set of the entire tourney I'd say, and I think Battlecow could back me up here. Knitephox went Fox and Falcon games 1 and 2 against Jace's Samus. Knite won easy. So Knite went Luigi and Link the next two games to make it interesting. Jace won those. I guess Knite wanted to use all different characters, but he still wanted to win so he chose Pikachu and counterpicked to Peach's game 5. Jace started off the game by breaking Knite's shield with shield-drop aerials. Jace knew exactly what to do. Jace brought it down to last stock, but ultimately Knite pulled it out. Unfortunately it wasn't recorded.

Teams results:

1. Battlecow+Knitephox $100
2. Han Solo+Rumbly $60
3. Moogle+Pekkle $30
4. Maybe meowmeow+slartibartfast

Battlecow

Play to Win
Dat 2004 join date and 8 posts

And SK Astral Bovine is as far beyond midnight bovine as a mighty constellation is beyond the comprehension of nocturnal and earthbound cattle.

And Isai the Midwest CHAMP is gonna try to come to apex and get the 13th place he deserves. No promises though, it's a long way to travel for a young prodigy with college stuff to do and no car to call his own.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Dat 2004 join date and 8 posts

And SK Astral Bovine is as far beyond midnight bovine as a mighty constellation is beyond the comprehension of nocturnal and earthbound cattle.

And Isai the Midwest CHAMP is gonna try to come to apex and get the 13th place he deserves. No promises though, it's a long way to travel for a young prodigy with college stuff to do and no car to call his own.
Battlecow, if plane tickets aren't cheap, I'll probably be driving to Apex with Rumbly and MeowMeow. We could work something out.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Battlecow, if plane tickets aren't cheap, I'll probably be driving to Apex with Rumbly and MeowMeow. We could work something out.
DOOD ill metra over there and be a driver if no one from chicago can come...AGAIN

3.5months ahead of schedule

The Star King

Smash Hero
I wonder how good Mango would be if he played this game seriously

Also on the recorded matches on the livestream you can see the players and hear them TALK.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Mango didn't too too half bad considering he doesn't play the game.

lmao wow that's the result of all that intensive training?

battlecow is the epitome of boring falcon 101 (except he has trouble with the most basic up air strings so maybe he's like pre-falcon 101 - he's getting there!!)

i'm considering doing $200 falcon dittos now :yeahboi: or maybe mario, or fox, or anything really

The Star King

Smash Hero
Battlecow vs Mango: http://www.twitch.tv/omnigamer/b/328598855 (I haven't watched it yet but I have a feeling there's some hilarious stuff in there)

64 Singles: http://www.twitch.tv/omnigamer/b/328598150 (haven't watched this yet either because I'm not ready to cry myself to sleep yet)

64 Team Finals 1: http://www.twitch.tv/omnigamer/b/328489590
64 Team Finals 2: http://www.twitch.tv/omnigamer/b/328494146 (there's two Team Finals vids for some reason, maybe one's Winners and one's Grand or something - can't check right now)

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
The second "Teams Finals" one is really only the last two kills that won the set for Battlecow and Knitephox. That lasts all of one minute.

M!nt

Smash Champion
wow that made 64 look horrible, couldn't you have tried to do at least a little combo effort instead of grab->dair. It wasn't even a tourney match :rolleyes:

Battlecow

Play to Win
lmao wow that's the result of all that intensive training?

battlecow is the epitome of boring falcon 101 (except he has trouble with the most basic up air strings so maybe he's like pre-falcon 101 - he's getting there!!)

i'm considering doing $200 falcon dittos now :yeahboi: or maybe mario, or fox, or anything really
I'm sure you'll bet me a million billion dollars in pika v samus. Because you're totally going to show up.

Kisses to the haters

I'm a fairly boring player, sorry if I gave 64 a bad name. Just trying to win matches.

kys

Smash Ace
It was good to see Mango get ripped in something. Also pretty scary to see him put together the short hop uair > fair > uair > upb in such a short amount of time.

I'm severely disappointed in the pikakirbypikakirbykirbypika fest.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm very sorry. We set out to entertain you, after all, and your disapproval hurts us to the core.

Galaxy-dwellers. Eesh. At least some melee players understand how competitions work.

Top Bottom