• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legacy of MELEE-FC - Smash 64 Side Event Discussion

Battlecow

Play to Win
Record yourself saying "OH GIRL!" and "YA HATE TA SEE THAT HAPPEN!" repeatedly, upload, and if even a couple of people in the 64 community thinks you sound like someone they could listen to talk for an extended period of time, I'll cease to object. You might get it, too; SK loves to be perverse.

Also: U mad? :troll:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I wouldn't do that if it's actually as annoying as you claim, I'm pretty picky with my commentary. I'm glad you caught on to my hipster streak though, you know me so well.

kys

Smash Ace
Any links to this awful commentary? If it's as bad as you say, that plus the ridiculous "battlecow gonna get BODIED" (God that is dumb as hell) by every gio fan is enough to make me a heavy bcow supporter.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I haven't heard him commentate, but I've met him in person and trust me, his standard mode of talking is baaaaaaad.

Fish641

Smash Apprentice
I'd be willing to record some anti-battlecow lines ahead of time. Just give me a list of lines and I'll record them for you. Make some sort of soundboard for the commentary.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I remember your voice being pretty good. But then you got on my nerves when you said "watch this" and failed like 10 shine jabs in a row :troll:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I remember your voice being pretty good. But then you got on my nerves when you said "watch this" and failed like 10 shine jabs in a row :troll:
are you addressing me? because i don't remember that at all

i wouldn't be surprised though lol sounds like me to fail 10 shine jabs in a row (though i don't think i would call it out like "watch this" but w/e)

Battlecow

Play to Win
You have that mellow California bro-tone

Lower than AA but a few million tiers above carroll and a tier or so above me.

The Star King

Smash Hero
IDK I remember something like that ballin, it was a long time ago though so I could be wrong (don't feel like looking through your YouTube)

DMoogle

A$
Star King if you think you have an edge in a match, but aren't willing to take the risk of higher stakes, I can back you for a cut.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Dude dude dude

Gambling's a critical and ancient part of the smash community

booze you can talk about anywhere

firo

Smash Ace
I actually finish work on August 10th, so there is a slight possibility of me being able to attend this. Although I wouldn't have any place to stay/travel from Chicago. Maybe I can jump on this KP bandwagon.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Yup Yup that brings the supposed car total to...? so far. Only 1 person besides me is for sure going(guy I met trough a friend who turned out to be a kailleran), while firo(THANKS FOR THE SERVER!)/boom/surri/nintendude/zhinshin/clubba/comboblaze are all on the fence. If we get 1 more driver might be awesome. Nintendude might drive over here.

Best to wait a bit more to see what will happen with everyone's plans. Would be an awesome pre tourney smashfest at my place if all those mentioned and more were to attend(JAIME/all of kaillera).

Trolling 1frame on server for whoever comes over aaawe yeah

:phone:

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
The confirmed list of attendees needs to grow much more. And if it does maybe me and Kefit will go. If we did end up going we would also need help with a driver and somewhere to stay at.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'm on the fence in the sense that I've hopped the fence but haven't touched my second foot on the ground yet. Meaning barring unforeseen circumstances I'm in.

Sensei

Smash Lord
im on the fence in the sense ive done a somersault over it and still completing my third revolution in the air and it looks like im about to land in rBn kirby slipper's with grace. JK still not sure if im going.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^wow that is a lot of money... Seems to be an all inclusive package where you get to enter melee singles/doubles, plus 2 side events. Which doesn't make sense for a lot of us because we just wanna play 64. hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Includes 2 meals though.

lol at the metaknight ban in the 64 ruleset

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
ololol meta knight is banned for 64 singles/doubles

EDIT: dammit clubba, this is what i get for opening a reply, looking at the rules, and then posting :(

Olikus

Smash Champion
yeah most likely.

smashnews of the day. falcon uair chains is worse than kirby!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
You guys may want to contact Kish to try and negotiate a reduced entry fee if you are only coming for 64. He's a pretty reasonable guy so he should be able to work something out.

Top Bottom