• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Last Tier War

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
In fighting games (like SSBM) the best players divide the characters into tiers depending on how useful they are in tournament play. The best chars are top tier, the worst are bottom tier, with several tiers in between.

It would be quite common, every time the "official" tier list was updated, for some people to question the validity of the list, and of tiers in general, preferring to think that all characters stand an equal chance. These conflicts would sometimes dominate the board, and were later known as tier wars.

But what if these tier wars don't occur just on message boards? What if they happen in the game itself? All 26 characters vying for dominance, to see who stands on top.

However, this game is over five years old. There's nothing new left to discover. It seems the newest tier list is also the last, and the low tiers have accepted their place.

But the high tiers are unsatisfied. An evil plot is hatched that threatens the very game itself. Do the underdogs stand a chance of beating the elites at their own game? Or will Melee be forever under their rule?

Watch the trailer on Youtube

dot dot dot

At this point in time, I really want people to help film for this. Requires AR and as many people/controllers as you can muster.

The Last Tier War forum

STATUS: Episode 1 is almost done, I need to recast a few inferior voices and touch up the sound a bit before it goes on youtube. It may be there by this weekend.

fugito348

Smash Journeyman
nice. i had that song before and wenever i got to that specific part..i always think...man this be great for sumtin epic. like a final battle. but u brought it to life. good on ya mate.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Omg, amazing premise. I've never seen a trailer for a Melee video before, you're too good DoodleMan. Can't wait for the final product. What video editing program do you use?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
one more thing....what music are you planning to use? i mean want type of music.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
bowser with AR?! I BET HE WILL LOOK ALL...

wait

he will probably look almost exactly like my bowser, except it will powershield stuff. xD

anyways, this looks freaking awesome, and i wanna see bowser rapin some foos.

it looks really cool dude

Tonjevic

Smash Rookie
Oh my God. You're my hero. Please, PLEASE finish this. Make it awesome.
What he said.

But seriously, awesome premise. I'm glad to see that this project is going to have some semblance of proper story line. As awesome as your vids are, I'm sure you can make this one better by having a well fleshed-out sequence of events beyond just combos.

Good work, anyway, and keep on truckin'.

Sensai

Smash Master
I don't think I've ever seen any of his other videos....someone gimme a link to where I can find 'em? I tired superdoodleman.tk, but I couldn't find it.

Sorry, and thanks.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
that and adventure, Pefect control vidoes, zero mercy and many BtT vids.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow thats awesome...i luc that your gonna bring the low tiers to life...but seriosuly...if you happen to need some pika action in their i could possibly help...alhough i didnt see pika in the low tier side...only pichu...pika still is low tier...but yeah...hope this vid m,akes it to life...peace

-hiroshi

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
^^ its not just gonna be a combo vid....and its definitely not gonna be just a recording of some good tourney matches...it looks kinda story based...with a plot about the low tiers overcoming the top tiers....watcth wrath of giga bowser and see how that vid has a stroy line...that is kinda the direction i see this going in...please make this incredible...peace

-hiroshi

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
if you need any help as far as bowser ideas i've got some nice fanciful trixies i haven't showed anyone haha, i've got recording equipment and could LIKELY borrow my friends AR... but i dont know how well i'd do as far as actualy aquiring footage, but i've got myself lots of bowser ideas har har harr

justice

Smash Ace
Will Zelda be a part of the low tier group? :confused:
I can't wait for your release, I can't really help but I would like to help with ideas if possible?:ohwell:
Well I hope Zelda makes a apperance. lol :D

SuperDoodle man good luck with your video.

Orsa

Smash Rookie
Can't wait. I want to see some Puff action!

Any idea when this will be done SDM?

Top Bottom