• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dixie Kong's Barrel Of Support Spirits. Farewell Everyone, Thank You ALL For Making This Thread An Excellent Place For DK Fans!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dixie Kong is definitely the last Nintendo all-star if you don't count Toad.
I know some people say that Dixie Kong and Toad are the last Nintendo all stars to not yet joined the roster, but I feel like classic Pig Ganon and to a lesser extent Paper Mario are also the last Nintendo all stars as well.

Mariomaniac45213

The Nintendo Villain main!
Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
I know some people say that Dixie Kong and Toad are the last Nintendo all stars to not yet joined the roster, but I feel like classic Pig Ganon and to a lesser extent Paper Mario are also the last Nintendo all stars as well.
I always forget about Pig Ganon cause we have Ganondorf and I do think Pig Ganon is up there but Ganon is Ganon...so it's weird. lol Paper Mario kinda is but he's really just Mario but Paper even if I personally want both Pig Ganon and Paper Mario in Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I always forget about Pig Ganon cause we have Ganondorf and I do think Pig Ganon is up there but Ganon is Ganon...so it's weird. lol Paper Mario kinda is but he's really just Mario but Paper even if I personally want both Pig Ganon and Paper Mario in Smash.
Pig Ganon was the first antagonist in the Zelda series and has appeared in more games than Ganondorf, so I feel like he has earned it. Plus in All Star Mode, Ganondorf is listed as a N64 character appearing in the late 90s section of the cast. So he really doesn't count as Pig Ganon.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Pig Ganon is always overlooked simply because it's Ganondorf's final smash, so most people figure it has no chance of getting in even if they base it off the classic NES/SNES design of Ganon.

As for Paper Mario, I'm 100% willing to bet if Geno was never a thing, Paper Mario would be in his place as that long request. Problem is everyone latched on to Geno, a character with rights issues, over Paper Mario

Then there's Toad, who is unfortunately part of Peach/Daisy's moveset. At least Captain Toad along with Toadette give more possibiliy of him being DLC, they make perfect male/female alts of each other.

So Dixie is the last one that's likely, besides the inevitable new Pokemon.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Pig Ganon is always overlooked simply because it's Ganondorf's final smash, so most people figure it has no chance of getting in even if they base it off the classic NES/SNES design of Ganon.

As for Paper Mario, I'm 100% willing to bet if Geno was never a thing, Paper Mario would be in his place as that long request. Problem is everyone latched on to Geno, a character with rights issues, over Paper Mario

Then there's Toad, who is unfortunately part of Peach/Daisy's moveset. At least Captain Toad along with Toadette give more possibiliy of him being DLC, they make perfect male/female alts of each other.

So Dixie is the last one that's likely, besides the inevitable new Pokemon.
I still think it's possible we could get both Paper Mario and Geno in the roster. But one of them would have to be DLC for that to happen.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Came up with this trailer idea for the ultimate discussion thread and obviously seemed necessary to post here

So it's set in King K Rool's lair, he has DK and Diddy tied up and he's preparing to launch the blastomatic, he pulls out a remote and is about to press the launch button while DK and Diddy watch on in terror... when suddenly a blonde ponytail comes out of nowhere and snatches the remote away. K Rool, DK and Diddy all look around in confusion until the ponytail manages to pick up K Rool and launches him away, DK and Diddy continue to look around in confusion before they see a figure standing on K Rool's seat nonchalantly fixing her hair...

"Dixie Kong comes to the rescue!"
We have a trailer thread. FYI.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
One of the most acclaimed? I'm pretty sure DKC3 did the worst out of all the DKC games. Sure, it was in the top 10 best selling SNES games. But that was one game she ever had. And historically speaking, whenever someone talks about the DKC series, that one is often forgotten or even hated. Even back then, she still wasn't as celebrated as the likes of all the other Nintendo big names. I sometimes wonder if DKC3 sold as well as it did simply because it was a DKC game..
She had co-star billing in DKC2 as well, and you are letting "internet people" (the same people who are grating their teeth over Isabelle getting in) dictate to you how a game was received, when the sales should tell you a lot more. For a game that launched AFTER the Nintendo 64 to be in the Top 10 best selling SNES titles is absolutely incredible. DKC3 sold around two million copies in Japan alone, which puts it on par with Chrono Trigger there in terms of sales. Chrono Trigger. It outsold other big name SNES titles from 1996 such as Super Mario RPG and Kirby Super Star, and was really the last truly big sales hit for the SNES.

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
Does the music theory help or hurt Dixie's chances? Today we got Animal Crossing music for Isabelle. When K. Rool was revealed we got the new K. Rool pirate ship theme. Do you think it helps or hurts Dixie?

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Does the music theory help or hurt Dixie's chances? Today we got Animal Crossing music for Isabelle. When K. Rool was revealed we got the new K. Rool pirate ship theme. Do you think it helps or hurts Dixie?
Her chances are pretty much the same imo, I don't think music theory would apply if a franchise gets 2 unique newcomers, DK would either just get a second track and be the only one to do so or they'd skip it.

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Didn't know there was a theory going around but anyway I just listened to that track and yikes....it might be the first remix I generally dislike. I love the Happy home Designer theme but this hard rock version simply isn't working for me...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Waluigi will never be a playable character in smash, only characters that are very important or playable to/in their series become playable characters in smash. That's why Dixie fits perfectly. Waluigi was only created to be warios partner in spin off games, so he yes he starred in more games than Dixie because we get mario spin offs frequently and because of that and the huge amount of copies spin offs like mario kart sell he is of course better known. But there are also characters like boo, birdo, koopa, shy guy and many others that appear in the same games as waluigi, should they also be playable in smash?
If you asked me six months ago, if I thought Dark Samus would ever make it into Smash Bros., I would say never. If you asked me about Ridley ever happening after Sakurai saying he thought Ridley's proper place in Smash Bros. was as a boss, I would also say he most likely was never going to be made playable.

Look at Geno, he is literally just a one-off character from a game released over 22 years ago, and his only appearance since then was a cameo in a mini-game for a game released in 2003 (and in the remake for said game, his cameo was removed entirely). Yet, Geno is on the cusp of getting in as a newcomer, and is one of the few characters (or perhaps the only) the only to been stated by Sakurai himself that he wants to see him playable. I fully expect Geno to be made playable through Ultimate's DLC that is how confident I am of him getting in.

The fact is I actually see Geno and Waluigi BOTH getting in before the likes of Toad, Paper Mario, and Toadette (who has built up an impressive resume in very recent years to the point she is now referred to as a rising star by Nintendo themselves), even though all three of those characters have more importance in the mainline Mario series (Toad and Toadette) or have their own sub-series dedicated to them (Paper Mario).

Having a large, screaming fanbase goes a VERY long way for getting into Smash Bros. unfortunately (which is sadly also a contributor as to why both Dixie Kong and Toad have not made it in yet).

Last edited:

cybersai

Smash Ace
The thing is we're nearly done getting the Nintendo All-stars in, so naturally all the "lesser" characters who would have seemed like C or D tier picks years ago, are suddenly far more likely. I don't mean that in a negative way either, a lot of Melee and Brawl's newcomers were all the A-list Nintendo characters besides the retro picks.

Smash U focused more on recent picks and some old favorites like Little Mac, etc. But Ultimate seems to be "plugging holes" so to speak. Filling both long term requests and new hit characters like Inklings and Isabelle.

"Filling in the gaps" with Ridley, K. Rool, and possibly other long requests like Dixie, maybe even Geno or Isaac, seems very possible.

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Baloney, but I hope to high heaven it's real, just for the chance that Dixie is unique or at least semi unique.
I guess we'll see. Dixie, Geno, Incineroar, Mach Rider, Steve and Vault Boy... If fake, at least this person tried. Of course it aligns with Vergeben, with Vault Boy likely being the oddball choice and Mach Rider our retro pick. Right amount of great newcomers and the right amount of salt to not manage to please everyone (no Skull Kid, Isaac, Banjo, Bandana Waddle Dee), as it's usual with Smash games.

Last edited:

Aeon Lupin

Survival of the fittest
I guess we'll see. Dixie, Geno, Incineroar, Mach Rider, Steve and Vault Boy... If fake, at least this person tried. Of course it aligns with Vergeben, with Vault Boy likely being the oddball choice and Mach Rider our retro pick. Right amount of great newcomers and the right amount of salt to not manage to please everyone (no Skull Kid, no Isaac, no Banjo), as it's usual with Smash games.
Same. "Leaks" that parrot the same highly talked about characters are lame and boring, as it's just telling people what they want to hear. Atleast these kinds ignite some new discussion.

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
It's fake. All there is to say about that, really.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Dixie appears in this supposed leak: https://smashboards.com/threads/heres-everything.458565/

What do you think? Interesting choice of newcomers, would be a great roster. At least it's cool Dixie did not appear as an Echo there.
>Minecraft Steve and Vault Boy
>No Isaac or Elma

Into the trash this leak goes...

But seriously, I'm calling the leak fake because I can't really see either of those characters (Steve and Vault Boy) getting in individually, let alone together.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Fake text leaks are always the easiest to make. They require no effort at all other than to list a bunch of characters. A throwaway account with one post is as bad as anonymous 4Chan text leaks.

Don't believe them for a second.

Machete

Smash Ace
She's probably the one unique newcomer who shouldn't be worried about that. Whatever music could've been revealed alongside Dixie Kong would pale in comparison to how Gangplank Galleon relates to K.Rool, and how iconic that one track is. If you only get to choose one track from Donkey Kong Country, you should definitely go with Gangplank Galleon. In that scenario, I would imagine Dixie Kong being revealed alongside a Tropical Freeze stage, so K.Rool gets the music and Dixie the stage.

And if Dixie was an echo, the music theory wouldn't even affect her on the first place. So she's pretty safe from that theory.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
She's probably the one unique newcomer who shouldn't be worried about that. Whatever music could've been revealed alongside Dixie Kong would pale in comparison to how Gangplank Galleon relates to K.Rool, and how iconic that one track is. If you only get to choose one track from Donkey Kong Country, you should definitely go with Gangplank Galleon. In that scenario, I would imagine Dixie Kong being revealed alongside a Tropical Freeze stage, so K.Rool gets the music and Dixie the stage.

And if Dixie was an echo, the music theory wouldn't even affect her on the first place. So she's pretty safe from that theory.
Eh, Crocodile Cacophony is pretty damn amazing. It's better than the original Gangplank Galleon IMO, but Smash's remixed version is right up there with it.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The thing is we're nearly done getting the Nintendo All-stars in, so naturally all the "lesser" characters who would have seemed like C or D tier picks years ago, are suddenly far more likely. I don't mean that in a negative way either, a lot of Melee and Brawl's newcomers were all the A-list Nintendo characters besides the retro picks.
That's going to feel so good. The only thing that'll stop them now is fans asking for any future character cuts to get brought back, but I don't think it'll be much of an obstacle because once they get in Smash, your character has earned their right to stay, and are immortalized.

Machete

Smash Ace
Eh, Crocodile Cacophony is pretty damn amazing. It's better than the original Gangplank Galleon IMO, but Smash's remixed version is right up there with it.

I agree that Crocodile Cacophony is amazing, but it's not as iconic as Gangplank Galleon, especially considering Smash tends to favor a character's first appearance. And regardless, even if it had been Crocodile Cacophony, it would've been revealed alongside K.Rool as well. Point is Dixie doesn't have any music specifically attached to her that is more iconic than K.Rool's, so if they're both unique newcomers, it makes sense he gets the music post.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meowth is a Nintendo All-Star too, right?

About Dixie Kong, since Isabelle proved that semi-clones are still a thing... she likely would be a semi-clone of Diddy Kong... but I hope she will at least use her hair to float like in DKC2. That’s why Dixie is my favorite Kong in the original DKC trilogy.

How about "Dixie Kong doubles the trouble!"
Oh, I didn’t know Dixie was a member of Team Rocket.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh, I didn’t know Dixie was a member of Team Rocket.
No. That isn't the reference. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble was Dixie's major starring role, much as Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest was for Diddy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
No. That isn't the reference. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble was Dixie's major starring role, much as Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest was for Diddy.
I know. I was playing along.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Welcome to the newest Support Buddies!
SonicMario SonicMario
C Crepuscular
S Strong DK
USAnyan USAnyan
gspindles gspindles

Hello to all of you! I'm very happy to see new faces, as well as have credible hopes for Dixie to end up like Isabelle at the very least. Also, sorry Strong DK, I thought I added you a good while back, but I reviewed the list and it turns out I didn't. Fixed it now though.

LMK if I missed anyone!
Hmm, now that I wonder about it, would Dixie not having bananas make her automatically worse than Diddy in the Tier Lists?

Unless she gains as good of an utility, if not better. :happysheep:
Depends on what the rest of her moves are like.
Here’s what my guess would be for a full moveset of my own. Assuming she’s a semi clone here so a lot of moves are just the same with small tweaks. Putting it in a spoiler tag so it can be collapsed.

Up Special: Upwards Whirl: Spins upwards dragging enemies along. Ends with a strong final hit. Like Link’s up special with a smaller horizontal hit box.
Side Special: Ponytail Twirl: Glide horizontally at high speed. Drag along enemies hit along the way. When used on the ground ends in a launcher.
Neutral Special: Bubble Gum gun: Works like peanut gun only launches upward instead of outward.
Down Special: Stage Dive: Dixie does a short hop as part of this move. Anyone she hits during her fall is knocked downward. When she lands she does a guitar strum in a big AOE.

Smashes: Done in the air rather than on ground. Works like Wrastor in Rivals of Aether. When charged she hangs in midair.
Forward Smash: Unchanged.
Up Smash: Unchanged.
Down Smash: Now a big stomp which spikes.

Up Air: multihit hair move.
Forward Air: Like Diddy’s but angled downwards.
Back Air: A flip kick that spikes like Lucas has. Slow
Neutral Air: Unchanged

Forward Tilt: Unchanged
Up Tilt: More like Diddy’s up air. Powerful launcher.
Down Tilt: Unchanged

Throws: Unchanged
The first moveset to be in the OP in a long while! Thank you for sharing! Personally I'd make more use of her throws to set her apart more, since she can grab with her hair and stuff. But it's your moveset, so your decisions.
I protest that Dixie Kong is the last Nintendo all-star.

She certainly is one but to say she's the last is insulting to other characters
Feel free to name them.

Gobliiin

Smash Apprentice
Should have thrown my support in ages ago when K. Rool got announced. Always wanted Dixie but the king was my priority now that hes done I can fully back my only other actual want.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Add me to supporters. I'm contempt with Dixie becoming a semi-clone. She has too much material to be a 1:1 echo of Diddy.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess we'll see. Dixie, Geno, Incineroar, Mach Rider, Steve and Vault Boy... If fake, at least this person tried. Of course it aligns with Vergeben, with Vault Boy likely being the oddball choice and Mach Rider our retro pick. Right amount of great newcomers and the right amount of salt to not manage to please everyone (no Skull Kid, Isaac, Banjo, Bandana Waddle Dee), as it's usual with Smash games.
This is almost believable. I think I will take it with a grain of salt.

It also aligns with CoroCoro about 108 stages. We have 103 confirmed stages. The other 5 stages are HELIOS One (from Fallout series and Vault Boy's stage), Mach Rider stage, Overworld (from Minecraft series and Steve's stage), Pac-Maze (better than Pac-Land, that's for sure), and Poke Floats 2 (YES!).

And that leak says Dixie Kong is in and is not an Echo Fighter! If this is real, I will take it!

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
This is almost believable. I think I will take it with a grain of salt.

It also aligns with CoroCoro about 108 stages. We have 103 confirmed stages. The other 5 stages are HELIOS One (from Fallout series and Vault Boy's stage), Mach Rider stage, Overworld (from Minecraft series and Steve's stage), Pac-Maze (better than Pac-Land, that's for sure), and Poke Floats 2 (YES!).

And that leak says Dixie Kong is in and is not an Echo Fighter! If this is real, I will take it!
Yeah, it lines up with everything, so I'm keeping tabs on it. Again, I'm not saying we should believe it, but at least the person did his/her research with all the information given. Also: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible

It can sooo easily be disproven once we see the next batch of Assist Trophies or Pokémon, or when a new stage is revealed. Also, Dixie is rarely, if ever, included as unique in leaks. I mean it's obviously what I want, but at the stage the game is in so far I definitely do not see her making it as an Echo.

Last edited:

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
"Powerful Ponytail Primate"
Always in favor of alliterative adjectives! Never thought of that before either, so again well done LOL.
All above are pretty nice already, hahah - I thought something like "Dixie Drifts Into A Fight!" as one more wild-cardy one - or "Dixie Spins Things Up!".

I think the current suggested ones might be close of what we're gonna get, they just make so much sense. :laugh:
I like Spins Things Up more, cuz drifting reminds me more of cars and I could see that being applied to a racer.
How about "Dixie Kong doubles the trouble!"
I like this, also Arcadenik's response was pretty funny. I thought of this too but went with "Whips up Trouble" as a double reference to her hair and her game.
Dixie Swirls In?

Something like that will do.
Pretty good; personally I'd say whirls in since swirl gives me a liquid-like impression. They both generally mean the same thing though.
Came up with this trailer idea for the ultimate discussion thread and obviously seemed necessary to post here

So it's set in King K Rool's lair, he has DK and Diddy tied up and he's preparing to launch the blastomatic, he pulls out a remote and is about to press the launch button while DK and Diddy watch on in terror... when suddenly a blonde ponytail comes out of nowhere and snatches the remote away. K Rool, DK and Diddy all look around in confusion until the ponytail manages to pick up K Rool and launches him away, DK and Diddy continue to look around in confusion before they see a figure standing on K Rool's seat nonchalantly fixing her hair...

"Dixie Kong comes to the rescue!"
I freaking LOVE this idea. It'll really highlight how much of a role Dixie played in her home series, plus whipping the remote away with her hair would allude to a very interesting moveset.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
This link is from today... the leak appeared yesterday Sept 18th at 4:42 AM, Central Time. Is there a link to this Prima guide from an earlier date?
i got this from France

https://twitter.com/nintendalerts/status/1042303473822433280

i can now confirm . we will get PLENTY of Prima worker ( false or true ) leak.. and this one is the first

EDIT : but i dont know why we will get vault boy or steve from minecraft. and getting both is absurd.

Last edited:

pepiux

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Dixie as an unique character doesn't sound bad on that leak while Geno would probably follow the insane hype train from Rool and Ridley nicely -- but Vault Boy and Steve? Yet not Isaac, Bandanna Dee and more? I'm... confused.

Probably my biggest nitpick with Vault Boy is that depending on how the plans went for character inclusion way back to 2015, Fallout makes difficult sense in same vein as Final Fantasy to get a character in Smash because it doesn't adhere to the general rule of "Has to have been on a Nintendo-system" - especially when we just got only one installment to a Nintendo-system very recently (Fallout Shelter).

Steve probably is less so, but once again, I don't think I like the idea of 3rd parties thrown to the mix this drastically still. Especially when the salt would be insanely high, and I haven't been myself very acquainted with both IPs.

Last edited:

Mariomaniac45213

Switch FC
SW 5604 9250 9133
Vault Boy and Minecraft Steve? Ugh...these would be beyond terrible to me and I would HATE even seeing them on my CSS. That being said...I got Ridley, Rool, Inklings, Chrom, Dark Samus, Isabelle, and Dixie (if this leak is true) that's MORE than enough to make up for 2 more terrible "Trying to reach a broader demographic" characters... Honestly the 7 I listed above already makes this roster of newcomers better to me than Wii U/3DS's that's for sure...

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
still prefer Vault boy than Minecraft.

Vault boy will bring many non smash bros customer.... i saw some non nintendo youtuber bring the new that vault boy is possible and i understand the marketing behind this....
but well i don't take it's real but i want it to be real now..
Steve in the base game and Banjo for DLC is better from both company because = more $$$ from dlc.

and ho man i hate steve in smash but i understand the move is this is real.

Last edited:
Top Bottom