• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lag Tiers

Brett w/ Atreyu

Smash Rookie
An little idea I had. Basically, you make a tier list based on which characters are hurt the least by lag to which characters are hurt the most. It ends up looking similar to the real tiers, but there are some differences, and it's just fun to do.

Tell me if someone has had this idea. I checked some of the previous topics but didn't find it, so...

(characters not ordered within tiers)

---
Wolf
Pit
ROB
Meta Knight
Lucario
Snake
MGAW

Very High
---
Donkey Kong
Zelda
DeDeDe
Falco
Pikachu

High
---
Bowser
Diddy Kong
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Olimar
Ike

Mid
---
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pokemon Trainer

Low
---
Peach
Wario
Link
Ice Climbers
Marth
Sonic

Very Low
---
Sheik
Ness
Lucas

Screwed
---
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

Edit 1: Sonic moved from Very Low to Low.

Tenki

Smash Hero
No.

To anyone who knows how to hold shield and lead their airdodges ahead of time, no.

Ike is a punishment character, and punishment through yellow-red lag is horrible.

I agree for the most part though.

Sonic should be a little higher because even though he can't spindash combo properly and loses a majority of his (important) punishment game, he can get away with more spindashes and feints because his spindashes are harder to punish/grab through lag.

Captain Falcon also has Falcon Punch, which catches some people as they're dashing (so they can't shield it), and because things are done ahead of time, some moves that leave people open are sometimes done as/after Falcon has a partially charged Falcon Punch already.

Brett w/ Atreyu

Smash Rookie
Sonic I can see moving up, but Falcon I disagree with. Almost (barring stuff like Falcon Punch) everything about him is made worse with lag; especially facing projectile spammers.

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
The characters you lose to on wifi are good with lag and those you use do worse with lag, simple as that.

I saw some people on Ganon boards say Ganon is nearly imposible to time correctly in lag then people on Fox/MK say that speed characters suck in lag.

People who say their opponents have advantage in lag need to learn to see things from both sides.

There is nothing better in lag, only Johns when you lose on wifi

Johns, nothing more

Timbers

check me out
lol definitely disagree with Lucario. None of his attacks are very fast, and he relies on precision, so he's more or less screwed if he whiffs. When wifi forces you to predict more than react, he gets ****ed up.

I second ROB though, and I'm more than willing to say he deserves that spot. It's really easy to play ROB on wifi.

How I'd personally place it:

---
GaW
Meta Knight
Pit
Wolf
ROB
Snake
Olimar

Very High
---
Donkey Kong
Zelda
Falco
Ike
Pikachu

High
---
Bowser
Diddy Kong
Pokemon Trainer
Ganondorf
Toon Link
DeDeDe

Mid
---
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Lucario

Low
---
Peach
Wario
Link
Ice Climbers
Marth
Sonic

Very Low
---
Sheik
Ness
Lucas

Screwed
---
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff

Brett w/ Atreyu

Smash Rookie
I put Lucario so high because many of his attacks are fast and have high priority, and he has a decent projectile to spam. But I never actually use him, so maybe he's harder to control than I would think.

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I vote Snake to be higher than Wolf. Wolf's recovery sucks in Lag as you need to hold the direction you want to jump in right away, which many people forget, which results in suicide. Snakes does better.

Yawnbored

Smash Rookie
Pokemon Trainer should move up. If the lag is bad enough, any time you fly off the cliff, he can just keep switching Pokemon... And it lags to the point that you can't even move. :laugh:

Tenki

Smash Hero
Marth is terrible with lag, bottom tier lol
Yeah, he's so terrible. You can't tip unless you as a player is accustomed to wifi, so instead of hitting a solid tipper, you hit with a slightly weaker hit that probably can be followed up if you're holding a direction and spamming the attack button. His F-air juggles/combos are just so easy to escape, too, and it's so easy to SDI out of Dancing Blade online.

/sarcasm

When I'm playing against Marth offline or with good connections (green-blue), I usually try to pshield grab aerials, since those are basically the only openings I can get to change momentum. In yellow+, no, instead, I get hit by the aerial as I'm walking/running and get interrupted/combo'd or I won't be able to grab the opening in time.

Kazura

Smash Cadet
Ike shouldn't be Top, but he should be higher.
I'm not real sure though, because I don't experience online lag.

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
wow ness is really down there... y
if its his pk thunder thats pretty simple to do even in lag

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It looks so ******** to me.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
What I believe to be a far better version of the original tier list posted.

---
Wolf
Toon Link
Snake
ROB
Pit

Very High
---

Meta Knight
MGAW
Olimar
Donkey Kong
Wario
DeDeDe
Falco
Pikachu

High
---
Bowser
Diddy Kong
Fox
Ganondorf

Mid
---
Kirby
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Link
Ike
Samus
Zelda
Pokemon Trainer

Low
---
Peach
Lucario
Ice Climbers
Marth

Very Low
---
Sheik
Ness
Lucas

Screwed
---
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Sonic

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
So Falco, Wolf and MK are not screwed real much by lag, if so, cool my 3 mains aren't screwed in online! :)

Top Bottom