• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Definitely a Speedy Trickster with his paintbrush in hand, doing things such as leaving puddles of paint around to cause opponents to slip and keep them distracted while Jr. goes for the kill, and also could share his Up+B with his dad, but it would have way better vertical recovery and horizontal recovery would be a bit nerfed, due to his small size not letting him travel too far across.
How would Bowser Jr. deal with characters like :rob:?

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Hello. Also, would Bowser Jr. be a starter or unlockable character? If he is unlockable, what would be the best way to unlock him?
Whoh, whoh, whoh... I just got here. Why so eager for answers?

I do believe BJ would be unlockable and you'd probably unlock him some time down the line but before R+L. don't quite know how but to make it I'll tell you what I believe he might be shown off in, which would be the august direct and with the villains in a villain trailer.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Whoh, whoh, whoh... I just got here. Why so eager for answers?

I do believe BJ would be unlockable and you'd probably unlock him some time down the line but before R+L. don't quite know how but to make it I'll tell you what I believe he might be shown off in, which would be the august direct and with the villains in a villain trailer.
Sorry about that....I just like talking about Super Smash Brothers and I wonder a lot about what people think about the different characters that they support.

I am a very curious individual when it comes to this stuff.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about that....I just like talking about Super Smash Brothers and I wonder a lot about what people think about the different characters that they support.

I am a very curious individual when it comes to this stuff.
Its good to be curious, just I was caught off guard by your sudden request.

So, let me ask you a question so where even then. Find any scraps of evidence as of late?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Its good to be curious, just I was caught off guard by your sudden request.

So, let me ask you a question so where even then. Find any scraps of evidence as of late?
Yes. I found out that Shulk would be a glass cannon of sorts.

Black Shadow would be a Bruiser/Resistor.

King K. Rool would be a Trickster/Resistor with Bruiser like moves.

Dixie Kong would be a Trickster of sorts do to her Ponytail, but would contain some Juggler attributes if I am not mistaken.

And about Bowser Jr., he would be quite interesting to play and would play in an offensively defensive type way.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
You know, after seeing Lucina, I wonder if Bowser Jr. is gonna be in, that he'll just be made a clone like her. I don't really mind clones since they bolster the roster which makes people happy, and they still have different playstyles. But it looks like Melee-esque clones are back, so do you think they would take the same approach with Junior? Only move I think they should change for him if they do make him copy Bowser is the Side-B, because Junior just cannot copy that kind of physical ability, I believe.
I don't think he would be considered a clone at all, even if he shared some of Bowser's specials. He is so much smaller, he'd definitely have to be quicker and less powerful.

I can see him being sort of like Squirtle was. Maybe his side special could be Squirtle's. I also want to see him whip out his Super Mario Sunshine paintbrush. I think he has great move-set potential.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
I don't think he would be considered a clone at all, even if he shared some of Bowser's specials. He is so much smaller, he'd definitely have to be quicker and less powerful.

I can see him being sort of like Squirtle was. Maybe his side special could be Squirtle's. I also want to see him whip out his Super Mario Sunshine paintbrush. I think he has great move-set potential.
The physicality of squirtle, some moves and maybe a taunt from bowser, throw in a unique move or two and BAM, new character.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
He may not even need to share any moves from Bowser if he has his Clown Car for his up special or Final Smash, his paintbrush from Super Mario Sunshine, and Squirtle like attacks.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
He may not even need to share any moves from Bowser if he has his Clown Car for his up special or Final Smash, his paintbrush from Super Mario Sunshine, and Squirtle like attacks.
Along with a new up-smash and neutral-special.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Yes. I personally would like to see a move where he splashes paint on the floor causing opponents to trip. :awesome:

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Amidst the recent rumors of Bowser Jr. in the Koopa Clown Car, I decided to make a mock-up character portrait for him. It might look a little better if someone downsizes it, but here's the full-size one for you all to do whatever you wish with (credit for use not necessary, but is nice). Enjoy!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Amidst the recent rumors of Bowser Jr. in the Koopa Clown Car, I decided to make a mock-up character portrait for him. It might look a little better if someone downsizes it, but here's the full-size one for you all to do whatever you wish with (credit for use not necessary, but is nice). Enjoy!
Certainly fits in with Jr's appearances in the NEW Mario games.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
link?

Seven characters? I doubt it. And definitely not daisy.
Who knows. Daisy can't be an alternate, look at the Marth & Lucina case. Pokemon had six in Brawl, Mario should have seven.

Now the main reason why I say this is because...while some wanted Rosalina and Luma in Smash Bros 4, Some wanted Daisy and otheers wanted Bowser Jr. So....why not just have all three of them in the game? I understand that it's unlikely, but it is a possibility.

I also want a Zelda Newcomer, i'd take Impa, Ghirahim, Toon Zelda (or maybe Tetra, since she won't be a clone), or Vaati (shrugs), or LANAAA!

Last edited:

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
Daisy can still be a palette swap or even a costume swap for Peach. Lucina being her own character means nothing for Daisy since Sakurai originally planned for her to be a costume. It would mean Daisy would also have to be planned for alt costume (which she almost certainly is) and then be turned into a full character with minor differences which I don't see any point in just leaving her as a costume for Peach as she has been since Melee. It's definitely possible for her to be a clone, but imo it is much more likely for her to stay as a costume.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
Daisy can still be a palette swap or even a costume swap for Peach. Lucina being her own character means nothing for Daisy since Sakurai originally planned for her to be a costume. It would mean Daisy would also have to be planned for alt costume (which she almost certainly is) and then be turned into a full character with minor differences which I don't see any point in just leaving her as a costume for Peach as she has been since Melee. It's definitely possible for her to be a clone, but imo it is much more likely for her to stay as a costume.
Daisy won't be a full-on alternate costume, it would just be orange-Peach Palette Swap. If not, then playable. I am confident that Bowser Jr. will be playable though.

Let's not sart an argument btw.

jacobjeb

Smash Rookie
NNID
jacobjeb
I've always kinda wanted him to be a character and have some of his moves based on the paintbrush from sunshine. but now that we have rosalina, which makes 5 mario reps, i think the chances are slim. i dont think there will be more than 5 characters from one game.

domokl

Smash Lord
with several mods and several otherb smashboarders says this leak pictures makes it real for them bhowser jr is looking pretty strong right now. from the leak it sayas bowser jronly attacks in the clown car and has koopaling alts.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'll be pretty honest, ever since Bowser Jr. appeared in the believable Ninka_kiwi leak, I've been warming up to the Koopa prince and I'm no longer feeling biased about his inclusion. As much as I hate to admit it, I realized at Jr. has the merits and he represents one of the biggest Mario series ever that is still continuing today (NSMB), he is still the main Meta-Knight esque villain for the games to this day, and that will probably be the reason Bowser Jr. is getting added in to the roster.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Count me in as a supporter. Jr. was by far my most wanted Mario newcomer, but after the reveal of Rosalina, I'd basically given up hope. These recent developments have given me some hope for the little runt again.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'm not a fan of the Koopa Car idea, I want to play Bowser Jr. not the Koopa Clown Car...

Well, I do want to play the Koopa Clown Car, but as a final smash, I want to play as Bowser Jr. more of the time!

Also a question for you guys, do you think the end of Rosalina's trailer could be a continuation to Bowser Jr.'s trailer?
Not really, it seemed a pretty fitting end to the trailer, and doesn't really lend itself to a follow on. Pus shoving Bowser Jr. into that setting would be a waste of his charm. Jr. is one of the most expressive Mario characters, so his trailer should show that!

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Count me in as a supporter. Jr. was by far my most wanted Mario newcomer, but after the reveal of Rosalina, I'd basically given up hope. These recent developments have given me some hope for the little runt again.
See bolded. Assuming this leak is true, i'd love to see Bowser Jr. join. He's definitely important enough.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Bowser Jr comes in the Koopa Clown Car as the leak mentions I'll be all over him.

Arthreeteseven

Smash Ace
Where can i find a Bowser Jr. support button for my signature?

Never mind I found one, thanks anyway!

Last edited:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
To me, the Koopa Clown Car idea patches my main criticism of Bowser Jr. completely. Bowser Jr. isn't very interesting without having some piece of technology to control.

Yes, his debut with the paintbrush was interesting, but looking back on it, he barely used his powers offensively. As Shadow Mario, he framed Mario for a crime rather than beating him up. Then all he does as Shadow Mario is run away from Mario, occasionally leaving behind a small trail of paint that could harm the pursuer. Then in the final boss battle, he fires Bullet Bills. The only other times Bowser Jr. uses his paintbrush are in the spin off games like Mario Power Tennis and Mario Hoops. The paintbrush was much cooler in the spin-off games, but because it lacked much impact in Sunshine, it probably never stuck in the main Mario games.

In New Super Mario Bros., Jr. is even less interesting. Just a weak fortress boss that has an uncreative koopa shell projectile.

Galaxy games? Never touches Mario directly, as far as I know. Just another nuisance.

Then in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. U, Jr. is a bit more fun to fight. He stays in his Koopa Clown Car and provides you with boss fights that are significantly more interesting than the Koopalings. And when the Clown Car gets boxing gloves in U, I liked him even more. So to me, Bowser Jr. using the Clown Car makes sense. It's what he's best at. It's what makes him more than a tiny, wimpy, Bowser-wannabe with a bratty attitude.

Sakurai, if the leak is true, kudos. You got this character right.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
How would Kirby swallow the Koopa Car, what would the hat look like, and what ability would he get?

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
How would Kirby swallow the Koopa Car, what would the hat look like, and what ability would he get?
1. Depends on if there's a roof on the Car. If there isn't, Kirby can just suck Junior right out of the car.
2. Put the bib on him or give him the little ponytail
3. He'd copy whatever the neutral special is.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
1. Depends on if there's a roof on the Car. If there isn't, Kirby can just suck Junior right out of the car.
2. Put the bib on him or give him the little ponytail
3. He'd copy whatever the neutral special is.
1. When he get's spit out how will he get back in the car?

3. What neutral special could be fitting and functional from both Kirby and the clown car?

Top Bottom