• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
1. When he get's spit out how will he get back in the car?

3. What neutral special could be fitting and functional from both Kirby and the clown car?
You know that little special effect that appears when Luma is knocked out?

As soon as Kirby spits Jr. out, the "puff" special effect I mentioned appears and then he is back in the car.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
You know that little special effect that appears when Luma is knocked out?

As soon as Kirby spits Jr. out, the "puff" special effect I mentioned appears and then he is back in the car.
So Jr is a perfect counter to Kirby-cide? How would that be balanced?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Just heard about the Bowser Jr. leak. While I don't believe it at all, it's still nice for him to be in a leak. First one I've seen.
The "take it with a grain of salt" line is really getting overused...

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
Just heard about the Bowser Jr. leak. While I don't believe it at all, it's still nice for him to be in a leak. First one I've seen.
The "take it with a grain of salt" line is really getting overused...
Fine, I'll start taking leaks with a grain of pepper...

That was me failing at being funny.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I didn't take that leak at all, let alone with salt or pepper.

Nothing about the leak seems believable to me.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Believable or not, it sounds fun :p

Nothing says I'm Bowser Jr like wrecking havoc on the battlefield from the comfort of his Koopa Clown Car Jr

Seltraeh22

Smash Journeyman
Believable or not, it sounds fun :p

Nothing says I'm Bowser Jr like wrecking havoc on the battlefield from the comfort of his Koopa Clown Car Jr
So much this. I've wanted BJ since day 1. Even if all the leaks aren't 100% legit, he seems to be popping up in a bunch of them so his chances seem good right now..Hope he gets in :)

Ryan.

Smash Lord
So much this. I've wanted BJ since day 1. Even if all the leaks aren't 100% legit, he seems to be popping up in a bunch of them so his chances seem good right now..Hope he gets in :)
Ooh what other leaks? I have only seen one so far, then again I often don't pay attention to them.

Seltraeh22

Smash Journeyman
Ooh what other leaks? I have only seen one so far, then again I often don't pay attention to them.
The one most of us already know about (the Ninka/Vaanrose leak) consists of three separate leaks and at least 2 out of 3 of them said Junior is in (not completely sure if all 3 of them had him, can't remember) and lately a couple of other leaks that have been popping up on Gamefaqs and 4chan mention Junior.
All it takes is for one detail from one of these leaks to be true, and he's in.

The one most of us already know about (the Ninka/Vaanrose leak) consists of three separate leaks and at least 2 out of 3 of them said Junior is in (not completely sure if all 3 of them had him, can't remember) and lately a couple of other leaks that have been popping up on Gamefaqs and 4chan mention Junior.
To be clear, by "that one detail", I meant specifically Junior being mentioned

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Zero

Sel don't get to excited. After all, we can't forget what happened to Chrom

Part of me wonders, say the Clown Car is 100% legit and Jr gets in. I wonder if it'd be possible for him leave the Koopalings behind in later games and get his own ground based moveset with no vehicle.

Eh, it's not worth thinking about this early. I just want him in, I really do, I lost hope with Rosalina but my hope is back. I just hope its not misplaced.

Also, be careful about those double posts there friend. Use the edit function :p

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Ahh I see. I will have to reread the leaks again. I also lost my hope for Bowser Jr. with Rosalina's reveal but regained it soon after. I think he's such an important character to the Mario franchise so it's weird we haven't seen him in any form just yet.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Do you guys as Bowser Jr. supporters think that the Paper Mario stage is hinting Paper Mario? And depending of your answer, does this affect Jr.'s chances?

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Do you guys as Bowser Jr. supporters think that the Paper Mario stage is hinting Paper Mario? And depending of your answer, does this affect Jr.'s chances?
Personally speaking, it seems like something you'd show WITH Paper Mario.

I realize Rosalina and her stage conteracts that a bit, but Galaxy was all but assured a stage imo. Paper Mario getting a stage is a much bigger deal

I like his chances at any rate, if any franchises could have 6 reps, it's Pokemon, and Mario.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I don't think it suggests Paper Mario, I think of it simply as another stage from the Mario franchise.

Seltraeh22

Smash Journeyman
Sel don't get to excited. After all, we can't forget what happened to Chrom

Part of me wonders, say the Clown Car is 100% legit and Jr gets in. I wonder if it'd be possible for him leave the Koopalings behind in later games and get his own ground based moveset with no vehicle.

Eh, it's not worth thinking about this early. I just want him in, I really do, I lost hope with Rosalina but my hope is back. I just hope its not misplaced.

Also, be careful about those double posts there friend. Use the edit function :p
Yeah, I meant to write something about not gettin my hopes up but accidentally posted too early and panicked about not getting another important point across. I'm personally skeptical about the clown car and Koopalings alts(but would love them to death). Though I feel Juniors chances are still lookin good. As for the double post, my bad. As you can probably tell, I'm new here XD

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I think I would prefer if he has some regular palette swaps as well, though.

I'm just happy about all the recent attention he is getting. :D

Seltraeh22

Smash Journeyman
I think I would prefer if he has some regular palette swaps as well, though.

I'm just happy about all the recent attention he is getting. :D
Same here! People started ignoring him when Rosalina was confirmed. Even if he doesn't get in, it's good to know he was at least able to hog the speculation spotlight for a bit :p

Ryan.

Smash Lord
On another note, I really like the palettes swaps on the official post, especially this one:

Edit: Woohoo 500 posts on this thread!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not at all. Even though there's a Paper Mario stage, it's still a Mario stage regardless.
In my opinion, the only thing that affects all of the Mario characters is Rosalina since a sixth one is pretty unlikely. A simple Paper Mario stage doesn't affect any character positively or negatively.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
just to add people talking about the sticker star sage that was bowser jr first appearance in the paper Mario series and we do have a nsmb stage

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm a little bit worried for Jr., that much I'll say, but I'm still holding out for him! BTW, I know I haven't posted here often, but I definitely support Bowser Jr.! I don't mean to brag, but ever since I (partially) finished Super Mario Sunshine, I was a HUGE supporter for him, pre-Brawl, so when I didn't see him as a playable character in SSBB, you can understand I was REALLY disappointed:sadeyes:, but I suppose King DDD being playable in SSBB made up for it.:) So here's hoping he's in SSB4! I guess I'm one of those people who actually think Mushroom Kingdom U confirms him. Nabbit and Kamek are stage hazards on that stage, and as much as I want the Koopalings to be playable, I personally doubt Sakurai can make them work out. So Jr.'s my last option for that stage. Also, if there's a support list for Jr., can I be on it?:b:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
While Toad will always be my most wanted Mario character and I still dislike Bowser Jr... I'll gladly accept Bowser Jr. in Smash if his alts are the Koopalings and he fights in the Koopa Clown Car. Seriously, this leak is making me want Bowser Jr. in Smash just because the idea sounds so new and original... I could see Sakurai doing something like that... I don't want Bowser Jr. to be a clone of Bowser... and I find the paintbrush to be so boring... and I always liked the Koopalings more than Bowser Jr... and I really like the Koopa Clown Car because it is too strange and too unique compared to the other newcomers... and of course, Super Mario World is one of my favorite 2D Mario platformer games.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
Things that hurt Bowser Jr.'s chances of being playable in SSB4:
  • He's essentially a small Bowser in terms of design. "Small/mini" versions of characters are almost as bad as "dark/evil" versions of characters, mainly because they're majorly lacking in the uniqueness department. This point hurts his chances the most.
  • His relevance has waned a bit since the NSMB games, as he didn't appear in Super Mario 3D World and wasn't playable in Mario Kart 7 or Mario Kart 8.
  • His roles in the games he has appeared besides Super Mario Sunshine have all been purely sidekick/elite minion roles. If he stepped it up like Fawlful and became the primary villain in his father's absence, that'd boost his prominence by a lot.
Things that help his chances:
  • Despite point #2 above, Bowser Jr. is still the most relevant/recognizable Mario series character after Rosalina (though outshined by her a lot, as evidenced by her appearing instead of him in the latest games). Fawful would actually be a better candidate if he were still alive.
  • Paint Brush would allow for a very unique and interesting moveset (so there shouldn't be any worries about him being a clone of Bowser), so long as it doesn't change him into Shadow Mario (that's a very silly idea; refer to my note about "dark" characters above).
  • He has tons of demand and popularity. On top of threads like this, several video game publishers and magazines think very highly of Bowser Jr., requesting mostly that he have his own game (though again, I think a major leadership role amongst the Koopa Troop would suffice) and appears in Smash 4.
These notes were inspired by a conversation I had with Omega Tyrant on YouTube.

Last edited:

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
I'm glad to see the Koopa Prince's thread is getting more attention. Bowser Jr... I can't really describe how much I love the guy. Him making it into Smash would probably make me tear up a little bit.
Things that hurt Bowser Jr.'s chances of being playable in SSB4:
  • He's essentially a small Bowser in terms of design. "Small/mini" versions of characters are almost as bad as "dark/evil" versions of characters, mainly because they're majorly lacking in the uniqueness department. This point hurts his chances the most.
  • His relevance has waned a bit since the NSMB games, as he didn't appear in Super Mario 3D World and wasn't playable in Mario Kart 7 or Mario Kart 8.
  • His roles in the games he has appeared besides Super Mario Sunshine have all been purely sidekick/elite minion roles. If he stepped it up like Fawlful and became the primary villain in his father's absence, that'd boost his prominence by a lot.
Things that help his chances:
  • Despite point #2 above, Bowser Jr. is still the most relevant/recognizable Mario series character after Rosalina (though outshined by her a lot, as evidenced by her appearing instead of him in the latest games). Fawful would actually be a better candidate if he were still alive.
  • Paint Brush would allow for a very unique and interesting moveset (so there shouldn't be any worries about him being a clone of Bowser), so long as it doesn't change him into Shadow Mario (that's a very silly idea; refer to my note about "dark" characters above).
  • He has tons of demand and popularity. On top of threads like this, several video game publishers and magazines think very highly of Bowser Jr., requesting mostly that he have his own game (though again, I think a major leadership role amongst the Koopa Troop would suffice) and appears in Smash 4.
These notes were inspired by a conversation I had with Omega Tyrant on YouTube.
I agree with all of your points except the first. Following that logic, wouldn't a character like Toon Link have been cut? I would also assume that clones are worse than mini versions of characters, so wouldn't Lucina not be a character? As you said, he could have a very interesting and unique moveset, so I don't think him looking like a Mini Bowser hurts his chances too much.

I don't think the Paper Mario stage raises or lowers Paper Mario's chances, and I definitely don't think Bowser Jr is affected by this.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Do you think I should create a support list for Bowser Jr, I don't see one in the OP, might as well make one. Tag me if want to be added!

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.
8. Seltraeh22
9. Cheezey Bites
10. Toxicroaker
11. Thereallucario
12. Prince17
13. egaddmario
14. dimensionsword64
15. BKupa666
16. Hyper_Ridley
17. AIM0001
18. R.O.B.
19. Venus of the Desert Bloom
20. bombers14
21. @HBC | J
22. Frostwraith
23. ItsSilverLPs
24. Jhonnykiller45
25. D-didara
26. jigglover
27. Rockaphin
28. Keybladeguy
29. VictoryIsMudkips
30. BirthNote
31. Yoshi
32. SmashShadow
33. Ember Reaper
34. Giant Breadbug
35. MagnesD3
36. Swampasaur
37. Cool Daddy Booty Funk
38. 3Bismyname
39. goldglover5
40. bananinja
41. FalKoopa
42. N3ON
43. Vintage Creep
44. Komenja
45. Banjodorf
46. TumblrFamous
47. Michael Blaine
48. SpaceJell0
49. thethirdkoopa
50. aldelero5
51. APC99
52. SuperBrawler
53. Welshy91
54. Guybrush20X6
55. Alban712
56. grizby2
57. EddyBearr
58. No Control
59. Shorts
60. Xcsmmc
61. OctiVick
62. andimidna
63. Cpt.
64. harpuia190
65. RyanR
66. Thekewlusername
67. Lazurwolf
68. domriver
69. The smash nerd
70. Daviddreamcatcha
71. The Drilling Juggernaut
72. mini pancakes
73. GunGunw
74. PlasmaPuffball
75. xLemmy_Koopax
76. Saltwater Gem
77. Lucimar
78. Dragoncharystary
79. Sebz
80. jacobjeb
81. Arthreeteseven
82. WeirdChillFever
83. TORNADO BUS DRIVER
84. SS-Bros. 14
85. Reila
86. tacofaaf
87. Hmmmm
88. Dre.
89. RaccoonBL
90. AnoA
91. PiChuChu
92. Gooper Blooper
93. johno1995
94. Pikablu Pikachu
95. Zhu Qiuo
96. smashingDoug
97. SmilingMad
98. tomvoxx
99. Elite Gaymer
100. The Flying Brick
101. 08skidoosh80
102. Afrodude

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you think I should create a support list for Bowser Jr, I don't see one in the OP, might as well make one. Tag me if want to be added!

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
Add me to the supporter list. I'm only supporting for Bowser Jr./Koopalings in Koopa Clown Car... and not for Bowser Jr. as a Bowser clone and not for the paintbrush moveset with or without Shadow Mario.

Last edited:

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I agree with all of your points except the first. Following that logic, wouldn't a character like Toon Link have been cut? I would also assume that clones are worse than mini versions of characters, so wouldn't Lucina not be a character? As you said, he could have a very interesting and unique moveset, so I don't think him looking like a Mini Bowser hurts his chances too much.
Toon Link is much more popular than Bowser Jr., as a more recognizable and stable incarnation of Link having appeared in numerous games as the main character. Considering Lucina's appearance, I don't think Sakurai sees cloned movesets as much of a problem at all, but I do think he sees cloned designs as flawed. Toon Link is essentially a "small Link," yes, but he has enough unique traits (cat eyes, a large head, a spiral design on his belt buck, shorter legs, etc.) to set him enough apart from Link design-wise to warrant inclusion (plus the Zelda franchise is starved of potential candidates with both designs fitting well into fighting games and consistent relevance in general). Young Link fits the "small Link" criterion better, which contributed to him not returning in Brawl.

For the record, I would very much like to see Bowser Jr. appear, I just have to consider the points I made.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I want Mach Rider as the vehicle-manned warrior.

BUT... it is a good idea and a newcomer should utilize the concept.

I do not want Bowser Jr. as a clone, the paint brush idea does not grab me, and Bowser Jr. is known for fighting with machines.

Kooplings somehow being a playable character is a bonus. I was very pleased with Mariokart.

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Toon Link is much more popular than Bowser Jr., as a more recognizable and stable incarnation of Link having appeared in numerous games as the main character. Considering Lucina's appearance, I don't think Sakurai sees cloned movesets as much of a problem at all, but I do think he sees cloned designs as flawed. Toon Link is essentially a "small Link," yes, but he has enough unique traits (cat eyes, a large head, a spiral design on his belt buck, shorter legs, etc.) to set him enough apart from Link design-wise to warrant inclusion (plus the Zelda franchise is starved of potential candidates with both designs fitting well into fighting games and consistent relevance in general). Young Link fits the "small Link" criterion better, which contributed to him not returning in Brawl.

For the record, I would very much like to see Bowser Jr. appear, I just have to consider the points I made.
I understand what you're saying. I just don't think his chances should be reduced because of his physical appearance being similar to Bowser's.

Also, on the side, I don't really want the Koopalings as alts, but I will still accept them if it could mean Bowser Jr playabe. The Koopa Clown Car is pretty much Bowser Jr's thing. It wouldn't feel right if Koopalings were alts.

Seltraeh22

Smash Journeyman

1. Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
2. BluePikmin11
3. Brawler610
4. Mr. KoopaTurtle
5. Arcadenik
6. smashkirby
7. Ryan.

Add me too, please :p

Ryan.

Smash Lord
We will be at 14 pages soon!

I was just reading up on Bowser Jr. again and he appears in 31 games (not counting Baby Bowser as they are different). That's pretty darn good.

Seltraeh22

Smash Journeyman
We will be at 14 pages soon!

I was just reading up on Bowser Jr. again and he appears in 31 games (not counting Baby Bowser as they are different). That's pretty darn good.
Indeed. He deserves to join the battle with his dad! Could you imagine how epic battles between the Mario bros and Bowser along with Bowser Jr. would be? :)

Top Bottom