• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Poxnixles

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vitiel
3DS FC
3823-8576-9592
You should probably re-upload those elsewhere, direct-linking 4chan is a pain after a while.

I'd actually be pretty down with the Son of Koopa if he was in a Clown Car Mech, if you ask me.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
If you guys didn't know, the Koopalings will supposedly be his alternate colors instead of pallet swaps.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
This is exciting. I finally get Bowser Jr.! Even after I accepted Rosalina & Luma as our Mario newcomer. I loved Rosalina don't get me wrong. In fact, I plan to make her my main even with Bowser Jr. confirmed, but to have her AND Bowser Jr makes me happy. <3

And with a unique move set to boot without the move set of Mario or Bowser, so beautiful. <3

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
This roster matches the Ninka Kiwi leak exactly but it still looks fake. Maybe the leaker was deliberately trying to replicate that leak?

PeterJude

Smash Ace
The leak is fake. There are too many errors and inconsistencies.

Someone put a lot of effort into it, but it's not real.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
The leak is fake. There are too many errors and inconsistencies.

Someone put a lot of effort into it, but it's not real.
The only inconsistency is the fact that the screens touch and the ESRB account. Everything else adds up. Which makes this leak very wibbly wobbly.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
The only inconsistency is the fact that the screens touch and the ESRB account. Everything else adds up. Which makes this leak very wibbly wobbly.
- Mr Game & Watch's render is wrong, it looks like the Brawl model, not the one they've already showed us for Smash 4
- Ness' render is wrong, the shirt doesn't match the previous models for him
- There are issues with the alignment of the grid
- There are issues with the alignment and thickness of lines in the selected CPU characters
- The overall layout is different to what they already showed us (i.e. character names are not under the pictures)

That's just a start, there are lots of subtle issues, but any one, particularly with the renders (particularly Mr Game & Watch's) invalidates it.

AnoA

Smash Cadet
Leak is fake.

I'm new here but just wanted to point out that I support Jr. Although I have concerns about maybe seeing him as a boss char for eithr Mario Galaxy stage, or the New Mario Bros. stage. But we already have Nabbit for the last one, and a boss would look wierd in the Mario Galaxy stage wit the the gravity effect on it.

If Jr. is real, this is probably a good sign that Sakurai could give zero ****s about adding too much characters for one series. Lol. Then again, something feels odd with the leak. Can't describe it but my feelings are subjective.

Team **** it

Last edited:

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Bowser Jr. is the only unannounced newcomer on that leak that I like.
Dr. Mario is a bad choice in my opinion, but I did like him in Melee. I just wish it was Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario.
I don't believe the leak. It's very convincing, but I don't think it's real.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I have to agree. I don't like the idea of Dr. Mario being a character once again. I think he should be an alt costume, along with Dark Pit being an alt costume for Pit. Shulk I wouldn't mind and I still find him likely. Duck Hunt Dog...I don't even know who that is honestly.

Also, there's an image of Bowser Jr. in his clown car. I guess if this leak is true (but I highly doubt it is), he will be using it as a main part of his move-set.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's the question: How would this moveset work?
I find the concept of Bowser Jr. attacking in the Koopa Clown Car to be cool, but I can't imagine it working well in a game like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Y'all expect me to believe the roster leaks is real? Don't make me laugh! And just how exactly will Bowser Jr. would work in a game like this?

What also gave the photo as total fakes is Dr. Mario and that Duck Hunt dog's inclusion. I mean, really?

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
Dr. Mario could have been an alternate costume for Mario and then got the Lucina treatment and the Duck Hunt Dog would work nicely as a retro character. It's possible.

My question has already been stated above, so I'll quote it (if I can learn how to quote it):
Here's the question: How would this moveset work?
I find the concept of Bowser Jr. attacking in the Koopa Clown Car to be cool, but I can't imagine it working well in a game like this.
The very idea of Bowser Jr. in his Koopa Clown Car floating above the ground, yet not being able to fly (would be very overpowered) would be very odd indeed.

Also, add me as a supporter!

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I am certain the leak is fake at this point but I do want Bowser Jr. in the game... Long live the villains!!

Anyways I don't like the idea of him always in the Clown car. Maybe as his up move or something but i want to run around as him with his paintbrush

PiChuChu

Smash Cadet
Maybe his final smash could be him summoning the Koopa Clown Car along with the Koopalings and they cast a spell that moves across the stage and turns players into stone while providing very large knockback similar to NSMB2?

Also, I have a moveset analysis for Bowser Jr. on Miiverse if anyone wants to read it.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh yeah, I'll be keeping a close eye on this since it mentioned Junior. I would be perfectly fine with the Koopalings as alternate costumes since it would a great way of flipping off Mario Kart 8 for not having him as a racer. :troll:

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If Bowser Jr. is legit, and the Koopalings alts are legit, this makes this a hell of a lot more hilarious in retrospect and spins Bowser Jr.'s exclamation in a new direction.

Last edited:

johno1995

Smash Cadet
I dunno if I can picture my boy Junior floating in the Junior Clown Car for the entirety of a match, but I appreciate the idea of it for its uniqueness. It would definitely cement him as a pivotal fighter for the Smash series - the first to have a machine do the fighting for him from inside a mech. Maybe his render is in the Koopa Clown Car because it's one of his special attacks? Or maybe he can be knocked out of the cart during the match - sort of like how Robin can lose his/her tome book and fight with a sword afterward?

I'm believing in the leak because I buy how it looks and I'm just excited for Junior's possible inclusion.

Not buying the Koopaling alts though from the Ninka leak, honestly.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Really glad the leak is seemingly legit, Jr. looks really nice in the CSS. Can't wait to see a picture of him inside the Koopa Clown Car.

Now if only Ridley was leaked as well somehow... Oh well.

D

Deleted member

If the leak is true, I have an idea for why the Clown car is in his concept art. Perhaps he fights on the ground all the time, until he double jumps? Maybe his double jump is a R.O.B like recovery but not as good and his aerials are performed from the clown car? Of course, him being in his clown car all the time is probably what it means, but I hope it is otherwise. Oh yeah, I support (should've done this before the leak so I don't look like a bandwaggoner! :mad088:)

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
Is it weird that Bowser Jr. is one of the less talked characters on the leak? Everyone is loving the Duck Hunt Dog, saying that Shulk was expected, hating on Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. Yet, no one is up for some Bowser Jr. discussion. And I would have expected a lot more of "too many Mario characters".
Me? I kinda like him, especially since he is not a Bowser clone. And a mech riding character was long overdue (too bad for Porky though). And according to that other leak that matched this one, Bowser Jrs. alt color will be the rest o the Koopalings. How 'bout that?.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Is it weird that Bowser Jr. is one of the less talked characters on the leak? Everyone is loving the Duck Hunt Dog, saying that Shulk was expected, hating on Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. Yet, no one is up for some Bowser Jr. discussion. And I would have expected a lot more of "too many Mario characters".
Me? I kinda like him, especially since he is not a Bowser clone. And a mech riding character was long overdue (too bad for Porky though). And according to that other leak that matched this one, Bowser Jrs. alt color will be the rest o the Koopalings. How 'bout that?.
Ugh I noticed that too. Even a few Smash Youtubers failed to mention his presence or give any comments about him. He's a potential newcomer for God's sake, and veterans are getting more attention. I was hoping this leak would pick up the discussion here more.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
If the leak is true, I have an idea for why the Clown car is in his concept art. Perhaps he fights on the ground all the time, until he double jumps? Maybe his double jump is a R.O.B like recovery but not as good and his aerials are performed from the clown car? Of course, him being in his clown car all the time is probably what it means, but I hope it is otherwise. Oh yeah, I support (should've done this before the leak so I don't look like a bandwaggoner! :mad088:)
Doubt it the Koopaling character alts wouldn't work if they fight outside of the mech suit. Only way those character alts can work is if they fight in the same mech suit as bowser jr.

If true I can't wait to main Wendy Koopa! She will be the first female villain in smash! :)

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
He is my most wanted Mario newcomer from the beginning of speculation. Assuming the leak is real, I wonder if the development team incorporated his paintbrush into his moveset at all, even though he is in his clown car. It was one of his very prominent features outside the NSMB games.

^-^

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If the Koopaling alts are legit, I don't think Bowser Jr. would be rocking the paintbrush. The Koopalings never use one, but each of the Koopa Kids are well-versed in machinery or the arcane arts, via the magic rods, or by potions, ala Bowser Jr.'s final fight in NSMB1.

Him being in the Koopa Clown Copter using all manners of weapons, fire, and attachable limbs/boxing gloves is something that would extend to the Koopalings as well.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I saw your thread from yesterday @Pάρί, here is the Bowser Jr. support thread if you didn't find it yet. :D

hey does any have a link to where it says the Koopaling will be a alt i want to check it out
It's on this leak thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-ninka-vaanrose-leak-discussion-theory.362684/

This is all it says:
"-Bowser Jr appears as a new comer and allegedly fights from a mario kart... has no alt colors, but instead has the 7 koopalings as alts."

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If he is permanently in the car, the way I imagined it was that it'd hover just above the ground, and he'd have a Kirby-style jump system.

So given the leak, what do people think of his chances of being playable and being in the car?

PeterJude

Smash Ace
If he is permanently in the car, the way I imagined it was that it'd hover just above the ground, and he'd have a Kirby-style jump system.

So given the leak, what do people think of his chances of being playable and being in the car?
To be completely honest I think he'll be in at this point.

Didn't Sakurai say something about wanting a character in a vehicle as far back as Melee?

SmashAdr

Smash Apprentice
always had a feeling bowser jr was going to make it in.. iam excited to try him

classix410

Smash Cadet
I dunno if I can picture my boy Junior floating in the Junior Clown Car for the entirety of a match, but I appreciate the idea of it for its uniqueness. It would definitely cement him as a pivotal fighter for the Smash series - the first to have a machine do the fighting for him from inside a mech. Maybe his render is in the Koopa Clown Car because it's one of his special attacks? Or maybe he can be knocked out of the cart during the match - sort of like how Robin can lose his/her tome book and fight with a sword afterward?

I'm believing in the leak because I buy how it looks and I'm just excited for Junior's possible inclusion.

Not buying the Koopaling alts though from the Ninka leak, honestly.
If he uses the Clown kart from NSMB Wii U , I can Imagine what his move set will be like in game.
I never thought of the possibility of him getting knocked out of the kart though.
I thought sakurai was done with the 2 characters in one ordeal...
But it's still a possibility his move set would have to b very limited if his alts are in the fact
the koopalings ??? Unless his paintbrush could be used by all 8 of them without looking awkward....

Top Bottom