• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
There should be theme music for Bowser Jr. on here. On other pages I see music, does Bowser Jr. have any theme music from the many games he is in?

jigglover

Smash Lord
That is by far my favourite music on the game. When I listen to it, it reminds me of all kinds of games that I think it steals bits of it off, like 40 seconds into that video, it turns into Pokemon battle revolution, and then transforms into a sonic feel.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I've been thinking about it and, I don't think Bowser Jr. should be in, he'd obviously be a clone and we should all leave the 'double character' thing to Link. :troll:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Actually, I've been thinking about it and, I don't think Bowser Jr. should be in, he'd obviously be a clone and we should all leave the 'double character' thing to Link. :troll:

Why in the world do people keep thinking Shadow Mario would be a good move. All it would do is give him Mario's move-set. Secondly Bowser Jr. is a lot more mechanical than Bowser and has the paintbrush which has plenty of possibilities. Not to mention a lot of the moves bowser has would look silly with Junior's small stature. I mean, could you really imagine him using "flying slam" or "Bowser bomb" with his size being around that of squirtle. Going further, he can't shoot continuous fire like Bowser can and can only shoot fireballs. As for the up special, pretty much everyone imagines it being koopa clown car. Not saying he wouldn't have some moves in common with Bowser but if that is your reason for excluding the second most fought enemy in Mario than that's a pretty stupid reason.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Why in the world do people keep thinking Shadow Mario would be a good move. All it would do is give him Mario's move-set. Secondly Bowser Jr. is a lot more mechanical than Bowser and has the paintbrush which has plenty of possibilities. Not to mention a lot of the moves bowser has would look silly with Junior's small stature. I mean, could you really imagine him using "flying slam" or "Bowser bomb" with his size being around that of squirtle. Going further, he can't shoot continuous fire like Bowser can and can only shoot fireballs. As for the up special, pretty much everyone imagines it being koopa clown car. Not saying he wouldn't have some moves in common with Bowser but if that is your reason for excluding the second most fought enemy in Mario than that's a pretty stupid reason.
You are well aware that I was joking and also was mentioning how haters think Dr. Mario won't be in, right ?
Plus, the Koopa Clown Car should go to Bowser, since he used it first. And yes, I can imagine Jr. doing the Bowser Bomb, since it's simply a ground pound, which many Mario characters can do, but the Flying Slam would be a little too ridiculous.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
You are well aware that I was joking and also was mentioning how haters think Dr. Mario won't be in, right ?
Plus, the Koopa Clown Car should go to Bowser, since he used it first. And yes, I can imagine Jr. doing the Bowser Bomb, since it's simply a ground pound, which many Mario characters can do, but the Flying Slam would be a little too ridiculous.
>.>Somehow i interpreted that as you not wanting Toon Link in either lol. My bad. Actually I change mind on bowser bomb but with weight being a factor I don't think it would be as strong as Yoshi's or Bowser's. Also I don't really know why Bowser using the clown car first means Junior shouldn't use it.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
How does everyone feel about Bowser Jr. not being in Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2?
It just dawned on me today (even though told it multiple times) that he isn't in these games, but he's in Sticker Star. How's everyone feel about that?

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
How does everyone feel about Bowser Jr. not being in Mario 3D Land and New Super Mario Bros 2?
It just dawned on me today (even though told it multiple times) that he isn't in these games, but he's in Sticker Star. How's everyone feel about that?
I feel good, actually.
Wait, we were talking about Jr., right ? Then in that case I could care more or less.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It looks like Bowser Jr. will be back in business for New Super Mario Bros. U, so he's not out of the mainstream ballpark, despite having no mainstream involvement for the 3DS titles.

[collapse=Artwork]
[/collapse]

D

Deleted member

Well, look at that. Bowser Jr. hasn't been left to die after all.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
It looks like Bowser Jr. will be back in business for New Super Mario Bros. U, so he's not out of the mainstream ballpark, despite having no mainstream involvement for the 3DS titles.

[collapse=Artwork]
[/collapse]
That's what I like to see!! I was against this game, but Bowser Jr. himself may incline for it;s purchase for me!!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Awesome! Now he's gonna be in Sticker Star and Super Mario Bros U. Definitely deserving of some time in Smash.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
If the counter-argument involving the Koopalings as being Bowser's children too is still hovering around, there's no point using it now. Miyamoto confirmed in an interview today that the Koopalings are not Bowser's kids, and Jr. is his only son.

So, Bowser Jr. can climb up in "potential for a Smash 4 character" on a ladder made of the broken childhoods of many a person who watched the SMB3 cartoon.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I don't think Bowser Jr. being confirmed as the only child means anything towards his chances IMO. Now him re-appearing in New Super Mario Bros. U, on the other hand, is good news for him as it does show that there is still mainstream interest in him and that he still remains important.

Still think that Toad is the most likely candidate, but if anyone could beat him, it's probably going to be Junior.

D

Deleted member

So...the Koopalings....who have always been known as Bowser's kids.....are NOT Bowser's kids......?

WTF Nintendo?

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
So wait...
The Koopa Kids are not actually, King Koopa's kids. just kids that are Koopa's?

Uhh..
Wow ok. I'd like a source. I mean I guess that could be true. One of ems black, but I just assumed bowser seriously got around.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I more portrayed the Koopalings as Bowser's adopted children. And because the Koopalings never knew their true parents, they treated Bowser as their father, even though he's really their stepfather.

Anyway, because Bowser Jr. is Bowser's true son, that pretty much explains why he's ranked higher than the Koopalings.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I've always thought that Bowser became ashamed of his first 7 children because they lost to Mario and then gave up. Whereas with Junior, (I have facts to back me up) he lost to Mario, but he'd: 'quite like to challenge this Mario again'. As quoted from Sunshine's ending. Bowser seeing himself in Mario (since he has a similair persevering attitude) gave him a higher rank in the army than his other sons.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Maybe they're like the Lost Boys in Peter Pan? I don't know. Plot twist, I guess...

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
he could turn into shadow mario like in mario sunshine.his move set would have to be diferent than bowsers being more nimble and quick being around the weight of wario maby hevier.

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
I don't see why anyone still thinks he needs to turn into Shadow Mario. that was a one time transformation that appeared 10 years ago and he hasn't used it sense. Bowser Jr doesn't need that transformation to be effective. I get it that Super Mario Sunshine was his biggest role in the Mario games thus far and that is a large part of how he was dangerous but he doesn't do that anymore he's proven to be plenty dangerous without it.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why anyone still thinks he needs to turn into Shadow Mario. that was a one time transformation that appeared 10 years ago and he hasn't used it sense. Bowser Jr doesn't need that transformation to be effective. I get it that Super Mario Sunshine was his biggest role in the Mario games thus far and that is a large part of how he was dangerous but he doesn't do that anymore he's proven to be plenty dangerous without it.
I think it's kind of similar to the situation with Zelda and Sheik. To my knowledge, Sheik wasn't in a recent game at the time of Melee's release, but was still very hyped when she was added.

Shadow Mario and Bowser Jr. kind of similar in that aspect.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think it's kind of similar to the situation with Zelda and Sheik. To my knowledge, Sheik wasn't in a recent game at the time of Melee's release, but was still very hyped when she was added.

Shadow Mario and Bowser Jr. kind of similar in that aspect.
OoT was released just four years before Melee, but Shadow Mario would be 13 years away by the time they release Sm4sh. Although, the same goes for shiek in Brawl.

Rather, just give him Shadow mario's brush.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
OoT was released just four years before Melee, but Shadow Mario would be 13 years away by the time they release Sm4sh. Although, the same goes for shiek in Brawl.

Rather, just give him Shadow mario's brush.
I know, I wasn't saying that they are exactly the same scenario. Rather, I was saying it would kind of be a comeback in a way

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
im thinking assist trophy. i didnt read previous pages so idk if this is suggested yet. i want him somewhere in the game whether he's a character or not. i just feel assist trophy is more likely in case toad gets a spot. mario luigi peach bowser toad. i feel 5 reps per series is whats gonna happen

MagnesD3

Smash Master
bowser jr. would be a nimble version of bowser with some different a moves, his b neutral being fire breath, b over a shell charge attack (kinda like squirtles, with different properties), b up would be him using the clown float car, and his b down would change to shadow mario.

Shadow mario would feel like a heavyish mario with different a moves some involving paint brush attacks, b would be paint toss he just swings his paint brush and the normal dirty gook comes out, bup would be a straight up spin with his brush that flings normal paint everywhere (normal paint slows down the opponent on hit for a short time), b over would be his electric paint/ acid paint depending on if you hold b or let go, and b down would transform him back to bowser jr.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jr. would be an awesome addition. He has my full support.

I'm just afraid he'd get cast as an assist trophy.

Cool Daddy Booty Funk

Smash Cadet
I would rather shadow Mario just be an alternate color for Mario. At the same time Bowser Jr. would be a very fun character with or without the paintbrush.

There are just too many good Mario characters that could fit in the game.

Top Bottom