• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
A special for Bowser Jr.:

Side Special: Shell Slide. Y'know when you fight the koopalings in the NSMB games and you jump on their heads and they hide in their shells? Well, Jr. does the same thing in the very first NSMB for the DS. For this special, Bowser's boy turtles up and spins around; he's then able to move left and right whenever he wants and racks up damage. You control it completely, and even jump while using the move. Just imagine, a HOPPING SPIKED SHELL that can change direction! Many foes will be surprised I'll bet.

It's not like Bowser's Up Special (whirling fortress) since it can't be used for recoveries, is more mobile, lasts longer and certainly isn't Bowser Jr.'s Up Special (Koopa Clown Car). It lasts a bit longer than most Koopalings' shell spins and works well with another special of the Koopa Prince's. What might that special be you ask? Lets just say...it makes quite a mess..

Feel free to YouTube any koopaling fights from the NSMB games to get a better look at the spinning.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's a lot like Squirtle's current Side B man.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Yeah...I tried to avoid mentioning it and I'd hoped nobody would notice lol. I thought it'd be more unique if he could hop while using the move, like the way Bowser does in the NSMB U final battle. That way it'd stand out, and be a little more strategic. I was also gonna have it work with my take on his Down Special which I'll talk about later, and I think it's cool to have specials that work off eachother but still have their own use.

Since he has a spinning special in my move set, he's got something in common with Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Squirtle and Sonic. Hopefully letting Jr. jump while doing it will give him what he needs to stand out I guess.

Blazeth

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking.

If he was put in, maybe he could be a Yoshi rep, because he was the main villain in Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story and there's a good chance he'll be the main villain in Yoshi's Yarn too. What do you guys think of this?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was thinking.

If he was put in, maybe he could be a Yoshi rep, because he was the main villain in Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Story and there's a good chance he'll be the main villain in Yoshi's Yarn too. What do you guys think of this?
Bowser Jr =/= Baby Bowser

Bowser Jr. is Bowser's suo. He has never appeared in a Yoshi game.

Baby Bowser is a villain in the Yoshi games. Although he is overshadowed by Kamek.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Ok, here's another idea:

Neutral Special: Fireball. Jr. takes a deep breath and spits out a ball of flame. It flies forward and can be charged, and you can move and jump while charging it. While charging, the prince's mouth and stomach start to swell, and smoke trails from his nostrils as he struggles to contain the blast. The longer its charged the faster it fires, but beware: Bowser Jr. moves slower and his jump height decreases after each second. Hitting him while its charging will make him spit it out prematurely.

This move also works with his DownB.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Make the fully charged move an OHKO and also make him do 10% damage to himself if it is fully charged. Get the reference?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Okay! Time for me to post my moveset. It'll kinda be a combination of all the movesets I've seen and personal ideas.

Nuetral Special: Fireball
Pressing B starts him charging and after he has charged he will glow slightly. For each level of charging he is able to produce another fireball(max 3.)that moves at a slightly different angle then the next time the b button is pressed. If you quickly press b twice you will shoot one fireball. Each fireball does 8% damage so a fully charged shot will do 24% damage and a semi charged will do 16%. The fireballs move horizontally and are about the same size as Samus's uncharged charge shot. When used it has a slight lag but moves much faster and has more range than mario's fireball. After being in the air they will plop down leaving a burning spot on the ground(2-3 secs)that does slight damage to whoever walks over it.You can dodge roll out of charging.

Side Special: Bill launcher
Bowser Jr. pulls out a personalized version of the bill blaster made into a rocket launcher. He shoots a single bullet bill that travels straight in the direction he's facing. The bullet bill act exactly like it did in the SSE. They have the same speed, health and atk strength and if hit and their health isn't completely depleated they will flinch but then continue on their trajectory. The one difference is that if reflected they don't go back to their normal flight direction and if reflected too many times or hits a wall it will explode. A hit from this does 15% damage and only 1 bb can be on screen at a time. Has the same lag as Snake's rocket launcher.

Down Special: Paint Trap
He pulls out his paintbrush and spins it in a circle as he drags it on the ground(cannot be used in the air). What is left is a puddle of paint 2 character lengths in size. The puddles stays for 5 seconds and you can have a maximum of 2 on screen at the same time. The puddles come out randomly in 3 colors.

Red- does fire damage to whoever steps on the puddle and last the entire 5 secs
Blue- shoots out a geisure to whoever steps on the puddle and shoots the opponent upward. This does 10% damage and has KO potential at high damage but the puddle will vanish after 1 use.
Green- traps the opponent in a guck that holds them for 2.5 seconds(excluding counter) in place. Opponents cannot use attacks while stuck.

Up Special: Koopa Clown Car
Junior pulls out the koopa clown car in a puff of smoke and rides it for 2 seconds and does a somersault out of it with the car vanishing in another smoke puff. He can ram opponents with it if they hit the front part of the car doing very minimal damage. Likewise opponents can destory his clown car it they attack it while in use.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Great moveset, SmashShadow. :)

Maybe his final Smash could be the Bowser mecha he uses in Sunshine?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Thanks :bee: Funny thing is I didn't even realize I had posted it yet cause I was still making the gif at the time.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
bowser jr's cool, but not really who I want to see. honestly, I don't think there are ANY characters I want added for mario. bowser jr would be alright. as long as no shadow mario, he would be fine. I am neutral on his inclusion. though I would rather have him than toad.

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Not only is Bowser Jr. a villain but has good move set potential and I can see Bowser Jr. being added to the future roster very well and clear.

I really don't see Waluigi ever being added.

D

Deleted member

I think we should start working on some counterarguments against Bowser Jr.

I'm saying this because Bowser Jr. has great potential to grow. Already, he's doing the best on Shortie's poll, so he's at least a highly requested character. Even if he fails to get into Smash 4, Bowser Jr. has potential to be one of the very most wanted newcomers for Smash 5 if he continues to remain important in roles. It's time that we start capitalizing on his potential.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think we should start working on some counterarguments against Bowser Jr.

I'm saying this because Bowser Jr. has great potential to grow. Already, he's doing the best on Shortie's poll, so he's at least a highly requested character. Even if he fails to get into Smash 4, Bowser Jr. has potential to be one of the very most wanted newcomers for Smash 5 if he continues to remain important in roles. It's time that we start capitalizing on his potential.
That's a really good idea!

I'm just wondering who would do it.

Regardless... Some of the arguments against Bowser Jr. I've heard are...
1. Mario doesn't need any more characters.
2. He'd be a clone.
3. He's not popular. (Lol, dead wrong here)
4. Other Mario characters should get in before him.

That's all I can think of. Can you think of any others?

D

Deleted member

Those are some good ideas, but the fourth one will be especially difficult to tackle (especially when I also support Toad and Paper Mario, although I realize that the latter is unlikely). With the second one, it's especially good that we nail the argument considering that not only does Bowser Jr. have the potential to be completely unique (he will at the very least be a Wolf-like semi-clone) but even if he did end up as a last-minute semi-clone, that is actually a good thing for him.

One argument to bring up to counter is "Bowser Junior is unimportant!". I'm also not sure if we should reference whenever or not that if he fails to get in Smash 4 that he'd be one of the very few candidates from this game that would still remain one for SSB5.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Those are some good ideas, but the fourth one will be especially difficult to tackle (especially when I also support Toad and Paper Mario, although I realize that the latter is unlikely). With the second one, it's especially good that we nail the argument considering that not only does Bowser Jr. have the potential to be completely unique (he will at the very least be a Wolf-like semi-clone) but even if he did end up as a last-minute semi-clone, that is actually a good thing for him.

One argument to bring up to counter is "Bowser Junior is unimportant!". I'm also not sure if we should reference whenever or not that if he fails to get in Smash 4 that he'd be one of the very few candidates from this game that would still remain one for SSB5.
I've never heard of the "unimportant" argument, but yes I think you should use that point.

Are you planning on doing the counterarguments? I can help if you want.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
There's been a big emergence of Bowser Jr. since Sunshine in every Mario game, from the sports side-games, the mario kart games, mario party games, the 2D side scrolling Mario games, and even the 3D Mario games, so I think it would be very strange for the Project Sora team to not include the little guy and his staff, definitely someone I would love to see.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
There's also the argument that he's just one of the Kooplings. What makes him so special?
I've never heard of the "unimportant" argument, but yes I think you should use that point.

Are you planning on doing the counterarguments? I can help if you want.
Could use this list:

Super Mario Sunshine Main Antagonist/NPC 2002 Gamecube
Mario Kart: Double Dash!! Playable Character 2003 Gamecube
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour Unlockable Playable Character 2003 Gamecube
Mario Golf: Advance Tour Mentioned 2004 Game Boy Advance
Mario Power Tennis Playable Character 2004 Gamecube
Mario Superstar Baseball Playable Character 2005 Gamecube
New Super Mario Bros. Main Antagonist/Boss 2006 Nintendo DS
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 Playable Character 2006 Nintendo DS
Mario Strikers Charged Unlockable Playable Character 2007 Wii
Super Mario Galaxy Major Antagonist/Boss 2007 Wii
Mario Party DS Minor Antagonist/NPC 2007 Nintendo DS
Mario Kart Wii Unlockable Playable Character 2008 Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl Cameo as trophy and Sticker. 2008 Wii
Mario Super Sluggers Major Antagonist/Playable Character 2008 Wii
New Play Control! Mario Power Tennis Playable Character 2009 Wii
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games Playable Character 2009 Wii, Nintendo DS
New Super Mario Bros. Wii Major Antagonist/Boss 2009 Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Major Antagonist/Boss 2010 Wii
Mario Sports Mix Playable Character 2010 Wii
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games Playable Character 2011 Wii, Nintendo 3DS
Fortune Street Playable Character 2011 Wii
Mario Party 9 Boss 2012 Wii
Mario Tennis Open Playable Character 2012 Nintendo 3DS
Paper Mario: Sticker Star Boss 2012 Nintendo 3DS
New Super Mario Bros. U Boss 2012 Wii U

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
B: Paintball: Tosses a ball of paint that sticks to enemies and the ground for a short time. Reduces traction and makes them slip more, and slows them down slightly if its stuck to them. Sometimes the green electric paint or red lava paint is tossed which deal damage instead.

Side-B: Bill Blaster: Launches a bullet bill at the foes. After a short distance it picks up speed and begins swerving around erratically. Decent damage and knockback for a projectile.

Down-B Jr. Bomb: Charges up a Bowser Bomb and then slowly hurls it forward/upward or backward a bit. Takes a long time to prepare and has little range, but on impact it deals incredible knockback like Ness' PK Flash.

Up-B: Paint Boost: Pounds the air with the brush and boosts himself like a javelin, leaving a paint glyph on the ground or air that functions like the Paintball. Has the ability to angle to gain ground both horizontally and vertically, but not too much of both.

That way both his Sunshine persona and his Galaxy persona of using bombs and battleships and things to fight you is incorporated. Plus it'd give him more unique moves.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
[collapse=Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario Moveset by me (Toxicroaker)]

Bowser Jr.

ground attacks

neutral: scratches with his claws up to three times. 3% -> 2% -> 4% = 9%

forward tilt: jabs his paintbrush outwards. 6%

down tilt: grabs a turtle shell and sweeps it below himself. can be green or red. green shell 9% red shell 11%

up tilt: a very short hop along with a headbutt. 7%

dash: retracts into his shell and spins forward a little. 13%

aerial attacks

neutral: faces the screen and spins (like kirby does). 10%

forward: thrusts both legs in front of himself. 11%

down: lowers his paintbrush underneath him and jabs downward (like link/toon link). 12%

up: sweeps his paintbrush over his head. 9%

back: retracts inside of his shell and spins backward. 14%

smash attacks

forward: sweeps his paintbrush in front of him. uncharged, 13% charged, 17%

down: goes into his shell and spins (like bowser). uncharged, 17% charged, 22%

up: stands on his hands and kicks upward. uncharged, 11% charged, 15%

special attacks

neutral: fireball, a small fireball that acts like mario's fireball is breathed out but it does less damage than mario's and instead of disappearing it will burst leaving a tiny patch of fire for 1-2 seconds. direct 2% leftover fire 1%

side: blaster, a random thing will be shot out of a big gun that bowser jr holds a bullet bill, a green shell, or a bomb-omb. bullet bills go in a straight line and explode on impact though some will track the target. a green shell will act like a green shell item but with considerably less knock back. a bomb-omb will be shot out in an ark and will explode on impact. chances of getting each items are bullet bill 30%, tracking bullet bill 3 1/3%, green shell 33 1/3%, and bomb-omb 33 1/3%. damage is, bullet bill 10%, green shell 8%, and bomb-omb 8%

down: transform, turns into shadow mario. N/A

up: Clown car, bowser jr. gets in his clown car that propels him upward for a short time damaging anyone hit and then disappears leaving bowser jr. in a helpless state afterwards. 5%

final smash: Megahammer, bowser jr. jumps backwards off the stage and megahammer rises up with him in it and will slam its hammer down targeting the nearest target with huge damage and knock-back. 50%-57%

taunts

one: pulls up his mask and looks at a green coopa shell then puts both his mask and shell back.

two: shoots a fireball up in the air a tiny bit and then swallows it.

three: jumps up and down shaking his fist as if very angry.

victory poses

one: flies around on his clown car saying "yes yes".

two: twirls his brush around like a ninja would and accidentally hits himself in the head and falls down on his back.

three: roars at the screen and then stands there with a grin on his face.

Shadow Mario

ground attacks

neutral: a punch, another punch, and a kick. 2% -> 3% -> 5% = 10%

forward tilt: covers his hand in paint then punches. 7%

down tilt: sweeps a leg across the ground hitting one side. 6%

up tilt: swipes his paintbrush upwards. 8%

dash: holds his paintbrush out and spins it like a baton as a multi-hit move (like pit's side b). 2% per hit

aerial attacks

neutral: grabs his paintbrush and does a flying somersault with it outstretched having high ending lag if he hits the ground before it is finished. 14%

forward: takes his cap off and swings it in front of himself three times very quickly. 3% per hit

down: kicks downward and plummets down very fast (like sonic's or sheik's down aerial). 8%

up: does mario's classic punch jump. 9%

back: quickly turns around and swipes with his paintbrush leaving a small bit of ink in the air for a second. paintbrush 6% paint 2%

smash attacks

forward: extends out his hand and a ball of ink explodes in front of him (like Mario's). uncharged, 16% charged, 20%

down: jumps up a tiny bit and punches the ground with a shock wave of paint on both sides. uncharged, fist 14% wave 11% charged, fist 22% wave 16%

up: fist pumps three times with only the third one having kill potential. uncharged, 5% -> 5% -> 6% charged, 7% -> 7% -> 9%

special attacks

neutral: polluted piranha plant, shadow mario holds out a polluted piranha plant that attacks foes that attack him or eats any item that is close enough. 1.5% damage the enemies attack would have done

side: paintball, a large paintball will be shot out and act kind of like zelda's din's fire accept instead of doing high damage and knock-back it will do little damage and little to no knock-back but instead cover the opponent in ink slowing them down 50% and making their jump 25% lower for 2.5 seconds. 6%

down: transform, turns into Bowser Jr. N/A

up: color portal, paints a M with two dots over each top point in the air goes into it and teleports in whichever direction the control stick is pointed and sends the user in a helpless state in and the portal stays in the air for a few seconds being able to be used by anyone else during that time and does no damage. N/A

final smash: paint puddle, Shadow Mario summons a layer of sludge all over the ground slowing all characters walking and running speed to 50% and reducing there first jump height by 70% and the second one by 30% and only shadow mario can grab ledges, walk, run, and jump normal. N/A

taunts

one: a geyser of paint shoots up from underneath him and he acts like he is surfing with his paintbrush and then the geyser goes back down.

two: he faces the audience and his eyes glow intensely red.

three: he holds out a polluted piranha plant that bites and sucks on his face until he pulls it off.

victory poses

one: spins in a circle with his paintbrush painting a circle of red goop around him and looks up with red eyes.

two: paints boxing gloves on his hand and punches the air like you would when playing wii sports boxing without the controller.

three: a brick wall is there with him and he paints shadow mario's signature m on the wall and then looks at the screen and his eyes suddenly snap red.[/collapse]

references 1, 2, and 3

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
One thing I've really noticed with Bowser Jr. is when it comes to fighting, he almost always attacks using some kind of enemy as ammunition and attacking from range. Examples include:

Bullet Bills from Sunshine.
Koopa Shells from New Super Mario Bros. DS
Cannonballs from Galaxy.
Bombs from New. Super Mario Bros. U

I think it'd be really neat to make a moveset for him using just enemies. Something like:

Koopa Shells as Neutral Special. He just pulls out one as an item.
Bullet Bill Cannon as Side Special, where he grabs a cannon and fires a bullet.
Bob-ombs as the Down Special. He winds up a bomb and then lets it walk. Obviously weaker than the item.
Didn't really know what to do for Up Special, but I figured that a Piranha Plant tether recovery could work considering that graffiti piranha plants were very common bosses in Sunshine.

and then something like Megaleg for the Final Smash.

He might borrow some smashes and tilts for Bowser, but I think he's too small to pull things off like Bowser's forward smash or the down throw.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
A bit of nitpick, but Bowser Jr. Clown Car doesn't have the frown actually.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Oh jeez, I want this guy in SO BAD. I mean, I guess the argument that we won't see another Mario rep is viable, but if we see another Pokemon slot, I think we can see another Mario slot. I just hope if they add him they don't include Shadow Mario. I want Jr. on his own.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yeah. It'd be weird to me to have five Pokemon slots on the selection screen while only having four Mario slots. Especially because Mario is Nintendo.

This guy's been in close to every Mario game since 2001. Though the only things he did before 2006 when Brawl's roster was finalized were Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros.

Now he's got both Galaxy games and all but one New Super Mario Bros. game (read as: He's a main antagonist in every non-Spinoff Mario game except for one).

He's really made a name for himself since Brawl, so I hope he's in. He certainly deserves it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've noticed Mario and Pokemon have had the most reps in every Smash overall.

Smash 64: 2 Mario reps, 2 Pokemon reps.

And in Melee and Brawl, they both had 4 reps. (unless you count the 3 under Pokemon Trainer's command as seperate reps)

They are the most popular Nintendo series after all, it makes sense.
Mario should never have less reps than another series. (technically at least)

I believe Bowser Jr. has earned a slot in Smash 4.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I've noticed Mario and Pokemon have had the most reps in every Smash overall.

Smash 64: 2 Mario reps, 2 Pokemon reps.

And in Melee and Brawl, they both had 4 reps. (unless you count the 3 under Pokemon Trainer's command as seperate reps)

They are the most popular Nintendo series after all, it makes sense.
Mario should never have less reps than another series. (technically at least)

I believe Bowser Jr. has earned a slot in Smash 4.
You're forgetting they earned Five in Melee. But regardless, I believe Mario will be earning a Rep this game. In likeliness, I would say Bowser Jr. And Toad tied for first, followed by Paper Mario and then Waluigi. It's one of those four, but to be honest, I'd be fine if Dr. Mario came back.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You're forgetting they earned Five in Melee. But regardless, I believe Mario will be earning a Rep this game. In likeliness, I would say Bowser Jr. And Toad tied for first, followed by Paper Mario and then Waluigi. It's one of those four, but to be honest, I'd be fine if Dr. Mario came back.
I forgot about Dr. Mario.

So yeah, technically, Mario and Pokemon have had more reps overall than any other franchises included in Smash.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny

My good friend Stormborn and I are teaming up to bring you our SSB4 wishlist, and Bowser's boy is one of our hopefuls. We both want him in, and as part of our collab we proudly present our artwork for him. I came up with the line work, then submitted it to Stormborn and he used it as the baseline for the finished product. We're both very happy with the works above, and the finished version especially.

Like many, we want the prince to rely on his brush, as well as his Clown Car and more things, Shadow Mario not included. As artists ourselves, we can't help BUT imagine the ways a fighter could use a magic paintbrush, which is one reason why we're so eager to have him!

I wanted Jr to look like he's up to no good with his pose and smirk, and Stormborn took it a step further with the graffiti, which is the result of me not wanting to include the bib. To be honest...it made him look fatter lol.

Anyway, we hope y'all like the pics. Stormborn has a nice setup on DeviantArt and tumblr, so if you want take a look at his work!

And M&S Guy, can you add this to the OP?

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
I'm a supporter. He seems like a good villain to have, and he looks a bit like a ninja turtle-Prince Zuko hybrid, which is always good.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Also Bowser Jr has appeared VERY recently in the POPULAR Mario & Luigi Dream Team! He'd be cool, I used to support him Pre-Brawl but I think he's at least more likely than before.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
There's also the argument that he's just one of the Kooplings. What makes him so special?
I know this is an old post, but even as a non-supporter I feel this would be te stupidest arguement to use against Bowser Jr.
Junior is Bowser's one true heir now, unlike the Koopalings who are 'not Bowser's kids' anymore.
Junior goes off on solo adventures to fight against the Mario Bros, unlike the rest of the Koopalings.
Bowser Jr. appears in tons of spinoffs and is a character with growing popularity.

As a Toad supporter, I can honestly say Bowser Jr. is the one the shroom is competeing with most, and I can see the prince koopa possibly edging out Toad. I can't see Paper Mario doing it(mostly due to Sakurai only throwing a few trophies Paper Mario series way and very little else(like music; that'd be nice)), Waluigi whilst growing popular has never appeared in an ACTUAL Mario OR Wario game, Geno is laughably unlikely and Dr. Mario whilst a distinct possibility is probably the worst outcome most Mario fans would want.

I throw out a grudging respect to Bowser Jr, and I'm sure even if neither he nor Toad makes it into Smash 4, they're the most likely candidates for future Mario reps.

D

Deleted member

Now that Toad is no longer competition, it would appear that Jr. is now the frontrunner for Mario.

Congratulations.

Top Bottom