• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I would rather shadow Mario just be an alternate color for Mario. At the same time Baby Bowser would be a very fun character with or without the paintbrush.

There are just too many good Mario characters that could fit in the game.
Just to help you out, Bowser Jr. is Bowser's first true son. Baby Bowser is just Bowser's infant form. Their differences are actually quite noticeable outside of any RPG titles.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Jr. could definitely use a combo of the paintbrush and several items that are from the Mario series. Considering I've seen him use the clown car a lot lately, maybe that could be his up b special. He could have fire breathe, except it would be more like a fireball, tiny and fast for minimal damage.

I feel like he will get a spot as an Assist trophy, but I wouldn't mind him as a character.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Bowser J.r is 50/50 for me..i need to know how he works first for me to decide if

#Just faster lighter bowser with more mult-hit moves then super strong knock back moves like Bowser and like Alot of bowsers moves but work abit different..(a clone) basicly then No i dont want him in.

#But if he has mask and paint brush in hand and is a unique stragic char uses paint brush to splodge paint on foes to reduce movement speed on them for 2-3 seconds can maybe transform into imposter mario. Etc: Then Paper Mario/Toad/Waluigi eat your heart out BOWSER J.R FOR SM4SH!!!

:phone:

goldglover5

Smash Rookie
I think Jr would be really cool for smash bros, this is what I think his special move set would look like.

B- Fire Ball (can be charged) (like baby bowser's in Mario and Luigi Partners in Time)

Up B- Clown Car (quickly jumps in the Koopa clown car and flies upward)

Side B- Paint Brush Spin (spins paint brush like Pit's Angel Ring)

Down B- Paint a Minion (summons a random Mario enemy that walk across the stage doing minor damage. Example: Goomba, Koopa, Boo)

Maybe his stats would be

Speed: Same as Marth
Strength: Same as Toon Link
Defense: Same as Mario
:phone:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
What happen to this thread? I'm mean, the last post was write like in middle of Febuary and we are at the 6 march.

Oh! And... BOWSER JR FOR SSB4!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Minion related attacks are overused. If every Final Smash for a newcomer involved a lot of Djinn attack all over the battlefield, we could relate it to King Dedede's FS (Which was a pretty bland attack).
wat?

Djinn?

Sunshine=Golden Sun ?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What I'm really saying if everyone suggested that a character had an attack that involved lots of enemies from their game attacking everyone, it doesn't really show what the character can really do. In fact I would prefer King Dedede's FS to be Masked Dedede, which was a really cool Dedede.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What I'm really saying if everyone suggested that a character had an attack that involved lots of enemies from their game attacking everyone, it doesn't really show what the character can really do. In fact I would prefer King Dedede's FS to be Masked Dedede, which was a really cool Dedede.
Masked Dedede didn't exist yet, but I see your point.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Bowser Jr. hasn't used paintbrush in any games outside of Sunshine so it may not appear. I think Bowser Jr. has a great chance of making it but we will have to see.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Bowser Jr. hasn't used paintbrush in any games outside of Sunshine so it may not appear. I think Bowser Jr. has a great chance of making it but we will have to see.
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Hoops 3-on-3
Mario SuperStar Baseball
Mario Super Sluggers
Mario Sports Mix

Need I go on?

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Why Bowser jr can't use something that he use in some games when some characters like Captain Falcon or king dedede use things or move that he never use in one of his game before his first apparition in a smash game?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Imagine a character who fought with a wet mop, and that's how you can come up with a move set for Bowser Junior. That's pretty cool IMO. The "mop" would be the paintbrush, and he could use it like a pole arm for some attacks as well as artistic and/or graffiti-based powers. When they run out of ideas for the brush, give him some shell attacks to reference the koopalings (since they all have that in common with him), a slow-firing but strong fireball, and the Clown Car as a recovery move. Shadow Mario's not necessary, cuz unlike the brush Jr no longer has the mask that helped him transform into him.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
He should have the paintbrush, but no need to transform into Shadow Mario.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It's prove: Bowser jr - Paintbrush = bowser clone/semi-clone
Edit:
Bowser jr - Shadow Mario = Bowser jr without transformation but good for super smash bros 4

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I always thought his neutral b should be him throwing a Shell at you like in NSMB, and his side could be the Koopalings' move where they move back and forth in a spiked shell.

definitely agree on Clown car as Up-B however. and yeah,the kid is in my top 3 of most wanted characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I might as well leave this here, feel free to use it if you want M&S Guy.

[collapse=Bowser Jr. OP Banner]

Direct link:
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/nthreeon/SSB4%20Newcomers/BowserJrHeader_zps1de15a2f.png

[/collapse]

And as for the paintbrush topic, Bowser Jr. could be unique whether or not he uses the paintbrush, but inversely could also be a semi-clone even if he uses the paintbrush, similar to Krystal still having the potential to be a semi-clone even with the staff. Of course, I very much doubt he would be a semi-clone if given the paintbrush, but it's possible. Either way, Jr has enough to work with that he could be original in both situations, however if Sakurai is looking for a late-addition semi-clone (and Jr. hasn't been added yet) he could also fit that role pretty easily as well.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I like Bowser Jr. a lot, but I don't want him to transform into Shadow Mario. He did that in only one game.
Moveset-wise, the only one thing I think would be cool about Shadow Mario is his taunt: he shows is tongue like he did before kidnapping Peach and bringing her to that island. That was amazing.

I support Jr. anyway especially if he uses the paintbrush. I imagine him as the third character using one of professor E. Gadd's tools.
Mario with the FLUDD, Luigi will obviously be revamped with his vacuum also.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
I might as well leave this here, feel free to use it if you want M&S Guy.

[collapse=Bowser Jr. OP Banner]

Direct link:
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg519/nthreeon/SSB4%20Newcomers/BowserJrHeader_zps1de15a2f.png

[/collapse]

And as for the paintbrush topic, Bowser Jr. could be unique whether or not he uses the paintbrush, but inversely could also be a semi-clone even if he uses the paintbrush, similar to Krystal still having the potential to be a semi-clone even with the staff. Of course, I very much doubt he would be a semi-clone if given the paintbrush, but it's possible. Either way, Jr has enough to work with that he could be original in both situations, however if Sakurai is looking for a late-addition semi-clone (and Jr. hasn't been added yet) he could also fit that role pretty easily as well.
Good work!

volbound1700

Smash Master
Yeah you guys sold me on paintbrush, plus it would give me a slight part of Epic Mickey's moveset in a character which would be very unique.

Bowser Jr. is the most likely Mario brothers character outside of maybe Dr. Mario returning IMO. Toad is also up there. I eventually see the Mario series basic Party roster in Smash one way or another.

Mario Standard Party series roster: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Yoshi, Bowser, Bowser Jr., Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong. They tend to be the standard set now with Toad appearing often as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Out of all the characters in the Mario series, I'd say Bowser Jr. has the best chance. Given that he's appeared in most of the recent platformers since the GameCube days. I can see his B-moves being different from Bowser's even if they don't integrate the paintbrush in some fashion.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jr. certainly has a good chance and he's my preferred Mario newcomer.

I just hope he isn't a semi-clone.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've added the new banner that N3ON posted. I did have to fix up the formatting for the post during the process though.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Bowser Jr. would be a perfectly fine character without transforming into Shadow Mario.
He would be a Squirtle-like Bowser.
Quick and agile, and have a little more power to him. But fairly light.

B - Fireball. (can be charged up and angled)
Up B - Shell spin (like Bowser's)
Down B - Paintbrush (twirling his paintbrush. Could either work like Luigi's tornado allow you to move upwards, or stationary. but it shoots off a little bit of paint)
Side B - something related to the mask bib he wears. Wario bite move or a single chomp that knocks opponents back

Final Smash - Koopa Clown Car - can shoot bullet bills, drop bomb ombs, or do a spinning ground pound like in NSMB WiiU

Shadow Mario inclusion... everything stays the same except down B is a paintbrush transformation to Shadow Mario.

Up B - Paintbrush spin (like Link/Toon Links spin. But shoots off some paint)
B - Paint glob (shoots out a paintball that covers opponent in paint and leaves them moving slowly and heavy for a bit. and creates glob on the ground that has the same effect if someone walks over it)
Side B - paintbrush twirl (like Pit's, it would also reflect projectiles)
Down B - transform

Final Smash - covers the stage in paint that makes opponents move slowly and become heavier but he can move normal speed across it

Komenja

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Komenja
Would love to see Bowser Jr in Smash 4. I agree that he doesn't need Shadow Mario.

Man, can you imagine what Jr. would look like in a smash game? Bowser got a nice, intimidating makeover in Melee and Brawl. Hope Jr. gets the same if he gets in.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Would love to see Bowser Jr in Smash 4. I agree that he doesn't need Shadow Mario.

Man, can you imagine what Jr. would look like in a smash game? Bowser got a nice, intimidating makeover in Melee and Brawl. Hope Jr. gets the same if he gets in.

D

Deleted member

Forget the graphics, what in the Hell happened to his right arm?!?

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
As much as I like Brawl's Bowser, that doesn't work for Bowser Jr. at all.
And if he gets in Sm4sh, they should have the same graphic style.
So yeah, cartoony Bowsers are the right way to go.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
How haven't I found this thread yet? Jr. is my #1 Mario newcomer. (Who honestly needed to be in Brawl. Seriously, why did we *lose* a Mario slot?)

The paintbrush needs to stay, and I guarantee Sakurai won't leave it out of his character. However, I expect the following:

B- Fireball (Sort of using PikaJew's idea here) It can be charged, is pretty strong when fully charged. Etc.

B-side - Paint Thrust - I imagine this working like one of his moves in Power Tennis, without the Tennis ball. He paints the air (or something) and charges forward, spinning the paintbrush. The thing he painted flies forward, and enemies can get caught in the spin. (Like Pit's?) *Might* reflect projectiles...

B-up - Clown Car, no exceptions. Maybe it just gives him a quick burst up, maybe he can use it to fly around, but it needs to be this. He's used it too much in canon games to ignore.

B-down - Two ideas: Paint trap - He paints a circle of goop on the floor, and from it emerges a stationary paint pirhana plant. It can spit, like a turret OR
Shell Toss - Tosses a green shell in the target's direction, and, if the toss is charged, tosses a red shell that can't hit him, that seeks out enemies. (Sort of like the old red shell that got taken out in Brawl.

FS - Clown Car Assault - Gets in the car, flies around and starts bombing you. Can drop bombs, mecha-koopas, etc. It would sort of look like Lakitu, and function the same.

That's it for now. I'm also supporting Paper Mario, but as its own franchise.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes. In NSMB Wii, he shoots fire balls that, when they hit the ground, burst and cover the area with a small flame.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Yes. In NSMB Wii, he shoots fire balls that, when they hit the ground, burst and cover the area with a small flame.
I'm currently playing through NSMBWii with my brother. In which world does Bowser Jr. fight?

volbound1700

Smash Master
Bowser Jr functions so different from Bowser in the Mario games that it would be a travesty to make him a clone of Bowser. He would have to be a totally different character. He should/would also be faster than Bowser.

Top Bottom