• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Who want a remix of jr theme as his victory theme?
At first I totally forgot what that was.

And then I remembered this masterpiece.

Oh my god YES.

Also I NEED this on the Galaxy stage. NEED it.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am really hyped to play SSB4 now... Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog especially... along with Mega Man, Pac-Man, Miis, Villagers, Little Mac, and Rosalina.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Are the koopaling alts confirmed or just bowser jr?
Considering Larry's trophy has been seen and he's ALSO in a clown car of the exact same description as Jr.'s, I'd say they're confirmed.

#****YeahTeamRoy

Last edited:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
The Clown Car joins the battle!....

Bowser Jr was the ONLY one besides Mewtwo I wanted and he just uses a vehicle to fight. So Bowser Jr is not a playable character, but he is on the playable roster. Hahaha, oh man.

Why couldn't Sakurai make him run around on his own two feet with his paintbrush(how unique is that?) and THEN use the car as a FS with a boatcar-load of firepower? I'm sorry but Sakurai missed the Bowser Jr mark entirely.

The only thing that "justifies" this is if he really gets Koopaling alts. If so, then okay, that's a valid reason to bind him to his car. BUT, that further confirms the outright disregard for his own bonafide place on the roster. He is simply "another koopa" and not Bowser Jr, since you can just swap to other koopalings seamlessly. This is the first time I've actually been mad about Smash Bros, ever.

As an optimist, at least he has a unique moveset...

#EndRant

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
...I fail to see how the paintbrush would've been that much different from a staff/sword. And I'm not going to say "We have too much of that" because playstyles can all be different, but there's much more canon surrounding him using vehicles and mechs.

See, I think people are attached to the paintbrush because it was their first introduction to the character. But in the NSMB games, Galaxy games and even Sticker Star, he uses the clown car, and mechakoopas, and bombs, etc.

This moveset is much more closely related to current Bowser Jr. (and more unique to Smash) than the paintbrush is/would've been.

Besides, I expect it'll show up somewhere as a bit of fanservice.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I like Jr a lot and this is even better than what I wanted him to be.

Besides, it represents a major thing from the Mario series that never got a nod in Smash: The use of mechs and gadgets in the series.

Last edited:

tacofaaf

Smash Rookie
Are the koopaling alts confirmed or just bowser jr?
Considering Larry's trophy has been seen and he's ALSO in a clown car of the exact same description as Jr.'s, I'd say they're confirmed.

#****YeahTeamRoy
That's true, why else whould he be in it. I still have my doubts about it all, but I still want them all in

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Koopa Clown Car is so much better than a paintbrush.

tacofaaf

Smash Rookie
And it was only a seven second video with Bowser Jr in the Clown car. That doesn't really prove he will be in his clown car the WHOLE time.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
And it was only a seven second video with Bowser Jr in the Clown car. That doesn't really prove he will be in his clown car the WHOLE time.
The only time we saw Bowser Jr. out of his clown car was his Up B, and a new one respawns as soon as Bowser Jr. lands.
Plus his render shows him in the Clown Car, so it's safe to say he's in the car the whole time.
(He's also out of his car when knocked down, but he's only barely out of the car and he rolls back into it)

tacofaaf

Smash Rookie
leak search Super Smash Bros 4 LEAK! Bowser Jr, Ganondorf, Shulk CONFIRMED
on a channel called TrikShotGyz

Last edited:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
The Clown Car joins the battle!....

Bowser Jr was the ONLY one besides Mewtwo I wanted and he just uses a vehicle to fight. So Bowser Jr is not a playable character, but he is on the playable roster. Hahaha, oh man.

Why couldn't Sakurai make him run around on his own two feet with his paintbrush(how unique is that?) and THEN use the car as a FS with a boatcar-load of firepower? I'm sorry but Sakurai missed the Bowser Jr mark entirely.

The only thing that "justifies" this is if he really gets Koopaling alts. If so, then okay, that's a valid reason to bind him to his car. BUT, that further confirms the outright disregard for his own bonafide place on the roster. He is simply "another koopa" and not Bowser Jr, since you can just swap to other koopalings seamlessly. This is the first time I've actually been mad about Smash Bros, ever.

As an optimist, at least he has a unique moveset...

#EndRant
This is actually almost exactly how I feel, except I don't think he'd need to use his paintbrush per sé; at least not for all his attacks. But I'm just kind of conflicted on the whole matter to be honest.

On one hand I'm just sorta disappointed that Jr will be riding in a clown car; it just looks weird to me. Yes he might be fun to play as, but I just don't quite like the idea all that much; I never have in the past with any leaks before these videos, and not now when I have seen these videos. (I'm sure he'll grow on me over time though.)

..but on the other hand, as someone who's always largely preferred the Koopalings over Bowser Jr (I like Jr too though), I know this is the only way for the Koopalings to even remotely have a chance at a playable spot in this game. I've always wanted these guys in Smash. At best, I think they could have been all characters with the same moveset (even without Bowser Jr), where they would have 3 variables with height/weight differences; kinda similar to how the Miis function regarding their height/weight stuff, only each Koopaling would have his/her own set, unadjustable stats, obviously (not talking about custom moves, just stats). But even that was a longshot. I'm happy with 'just' having them as Jr alts, if that is the case.

IF they indeed are, then I'll definitely be using Larry, Iggy and Roy most of all! Wendy probably the least; not because she's a girl, but I just never liked her and that fishlip look all that much. :p

Mr. KoopaTurtle

Smash Lord
NNID
gamedude101
3DS FC
0344-9381-8375
Wait...

I'm not so sure anymore. After watching the clip again, Bowser Jr's animations look very similar to some of Villager's.

Their double jump.

The cannonball looks similar to the Gyroid.

Their up tilt looks similar.

Naw, I'm just paranoid.

Luminario

Smash Lord
asadasfasf
Dude chill. Most of us have seen the video. Thank you anyway.

So assuming this is legit (I'm gonna keep saying that until its officially confirmed cause I've had time to think it over) and assuming the Koopalings are alts how do you think they'll handle the taunts and victory screens? will it be same animations with different models, one for each, or either one with a group shot mixed in with all 8 of them.

Reila

Wait...

I'm not so sure anymore. After watching the clip again, Bowser Jr's animations look very similar to some of Villager's.

Their double jump.

The cannonball looks similar to the Gyroid.

Their up tilt looks similar.

Naw, I'm just paranoid.
Relax, KoopaTurtle. The leak is real. Jr is in. Yay?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
A lot of you guys are complaining about Bowser Jr not using the paintbrush.

Screen Shot 2014-08-25 at 6.15.30 PM.png
He seems to be actually. Admittedly, I can't tell. Seems like a paint effect though.

I'm guessing the koopalings will replace it with wands if that is it.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So freaking happy he's in the game. I grew up with Mario's gamecube games so he's a huge part of my childhood.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
A lot of young people here

Sunshine was my first 3D Mario game lol

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
A lot of young people here

Sunshine was my first 3D Mario game lol
Oh yes, mine to. Not my first mario game, I think that was Super Mario World. Anyway, I'm going to be using Bowser Jr the most actually. Though, I will occasionally use Wendy. :3

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
My first was Super Mario Land when I was a wee kid with his little Gameboy, though I played SMB1 at my uncle's house.

Missed out on the N64 because I got into gaming starting with the PS1, so the Gamecube was my first Nintendo console. Saw Mario "oh hey cool" so yeah, kinda partial to Jr for being in the game that introduced me to Nintendo.

Reila

Actually, the reason Bowser Jr excites me so much isn't solely for his character (which I obviously like), it is also the Koopa Clown Car:

This moment was so memorable to me back in my childhood days~

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My first Mario game was Super Mario 64 and it's by far the most important game in my life. Without it, I wouldn't be a Nintendo fan, plan and simple.

I did enjoy Sunshine (but I found collecting those Blue Coins to be a pain... ugh) and I had some fond memories of beating the Mecha Bowser boss fight over and over again just to see Bowser Jr. call Peach his mother. :laugh: His role in Sunshine and what he could bring with him was what made him my most wanted newcomer during Brawl and I was upset that he didn't make it.

I'm just glad that he finally has justice in Smash 4.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Congrats guys, Jr. looks to be one of the coolest characters in the game.
I'll be playing as Ludwig, Roy, and Iggy though. :Troll:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm just nervous for some reason...
Don't worry. Aside from all the other stuff in it's favor, NoA took down the videos. If they hadn't done that, worry all you want, but now that they have, it's confirmed. So...yay.

Top Bottom