• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
I never thought that he would be a compelling addition to the roster, but the clown car is a very interesting take on him. We only got a brief clip, but he's shaping up to be one of the most innovative characters in terms of implementation, along with Rosalina.

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
Oh man, this would be incredible if the Koopalings were actually an alt. I would totally be rocking it with Lemmy!
I was totally a skeptic on seeing Bowser Jr being in, thinking he would just be a lightweight Bowser clone, but he looks soooo fun in the koopa clown copter! He might even be one of my favorite newcomers, competing with the Villager and Pac Man!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Oh man, this would be incredible if the Koopalings were actually an alt. I would totally be rocking it with Lemmy!
I was totally a skeptic on seeing Bowser Jr being in, thinking he would just be a lightweight Bowser clone, but he looks soooo fun in the koopa clown copter! He might even be one of my favorite newcomers, competing with the Villager and Pac Man!
I'm not the only Lemmy, I see!

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Kind of disappointed the leak is true since almost all the characters I used in brawl are out: Lucas, Ice climbers, Squirtle, Ivysaur.

Excited though for the koopalings. They've come far from being completely neglected, to allegedly this. Glad they've been making a comeback.

Be neat if Nintendo released a pack of koopaling amiibos, and make it so you can remove bowser jr from his amiibo and put one of them in.
Or just a gigantic one with all of them in it.

Last edited:

Seltraeh22

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I just made this tribute to celebrate the Koopa Prince getting confirmed for Smash!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Lemmy-main here, I wouldn't be more amazed he's kinda confirmed in too.

#TeamLemmy
I'm not the only Lemmy, I see!
#TeamLemmy
I love how when Bowser Jr. gets "confirmed" all we hype about is the other Koopalings.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
#TeamLemmy
I love how when Bowser Jr. gets "confirmed" all we hype about is the other Koopalings.
Another Lemmy guy over here! I really didn't like/know the Kooplaings until Mario Kart 8, but I absolutely adore Lemmy. He's so cute and funny and I'd be hyped to play as him.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I suddenly have no problems with Junior.

The alts and his moveset make up for my hatred for the character. I might actually use him.

He's the Tron Bonne of Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
#TeamRoy.

Word.

Seriously though, that clown car moveset looks genius! ...Subforum when? :shades:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I'll admit that 7 Mario characters is a bit much but at the same time Project M had 7 Pokemon characters and I love that game a lot so whatever plus Bowser Jr was the character I wanted most in Brawl so I'm glad I get him a game later, he doesn't have the paintbrush move set I wanted originally but a Koopa Clown Car move set is just as good in my opinion because it's unique and I never would've thought of it.

Also as cool as it sounds, I honestly don't see the Koopalings happening, maybe as just colors but not straight up model swaps because if you remember what Sakurai said about Lucina, one of the reasons he separated her and Marth is because of the size difference and the reason for that is different hitboxes so for Bowser Jr's case would you really want to say, shrink down Roy Koopa or cut Lemmy's hair just to keep their hit boxes consistant with Bowser Jr?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Sooo other Koopaling-teams, are you here?

Anyway, Team Lemmy is up to 4 members now. Let's wait for the actual clowny kiddo.

So strange how he'll go straight from my semi-main in MK8 to a playable character in a fashion in Smash.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I'll admit that I gave up on Jr. when Rosalina was confirmed. I told myself that as long as I got him, Ridley, or K. Rool that I would be happy... so I guess I'm happy for once... (if this leak is true)

Nintendo_Addict

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2251-5124-4980
Bowser Jr. looks like he'll be a lot of fun to play! I've always liked the clown car thingy, so I think it's pretty cool to see it implemented as part of this little guy's character.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...Subforum when? :shades:
We need to keep spoilers secret.
This leak is pretty much 100% Legit, but we don't wanna spoil some people.
So no Sub-Forum until he gets his Website Page.
As with all the other characters.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Forget just out of the remaining newcomers, Jr looks like he's the best newcomer out of all of them.

Can't wait.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Did anyone notice Bowser Jr's attacks that have to do with the Clown Car's mouth?
That Clown Car tounge, tho.
Seriously, that Clown Car has a serious case of the Shadow Marios over with that Tounge.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
BREAKING NEWS! :079:
Within the past 7-8 minutes, all the leak videos got deleted.
"Leak3" This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Nintendo of America Inc.."
Nintendo took the videos down.
THEY KNOW.
THISLEAKISLEGITIMATEGUYS
:140::140::140::140::140::140:
(Sorry for the Gemini Man, but this is sirius)

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Those are my favorite newcomers as well!

I didn't get to see the videos. :( I didn't want Bowser Jr. to only fight in his clown car but who am I to be picky? I just want him in. Here's to hoping his paintbrush is a taunt though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Junior is weird for me because he's a character I've always wanted and not wanted at the same time.

The way he's implemented here makes me pretty happy, to be a little honest. But I still want him to use that paintbrush like seriously pls sakurai let him use it for one move.

dont make him use a wand so it's an easy reskin for the koopalings pls

Cyberguy64

Smash Journeyman
Let's see... Hitbox issues with the Koopalings....

Lemmy, Larry, Iggy, and Wendy could all conceivably fit in a Jr. hitbox. Roy, Morton, and Ludwig are the trouble makers. Still, if they squished down into the cockpit, it might work. The only real issue is what looks to be his up-B, launching out of the car. Maybe the big boys will tuck in their shells when they do this so their hitboxes match?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Alot of threads are going into chaos, while we're just here celebrating and talking about Alternate Costumes.
Dem feels.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wish Shulk's moveset had as much outright uniqueness in it as Jr.s does, so I didn't have to deal with all of that salt right now.

This is a safe place.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
He becomes kind weirdo with the clow car, but i'm happy to see him on the game

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I can't express how happy I am about the attention and recognition Bowser Jr. is getting (despite some only being interested in the Koopalings). I believe the leak now, I do. I also need to find a good Bowser Jr. avatar.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

YEAH! A character that I've supported for over a year now (even if I did lose hope when Rosalina came), is actually getting in?! This is great!

tacofaaf

Smash Rookie
I didn't think the the leak was real, but nintendo took it down so it might be.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I wish Shulk's moveset had as much outright uniqueness in it as Jr.s does, so I didn't have to deal with all of that salt right now.

This is a safe place.
Haven't checked but is the Shulk thread salty about the footage? :p

Also, the more I look at Jr, the more I think he's the new Puff/Wario. His air speed looks so fast.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Haven't checked but is the Shulk thread salty about the footage? :p

Also, the more I look at Jr, the more I think he's the new Puff/Wario. His air speed looks so fast.
It's basically full of "Ugh, stances." (Even though he's switching arts.) and "Oh look, he has Dolphin Slash. THANKS SAKURAI!"

So...yeah.

But yeah I'm super hype about Jr. Does anyone remember the leaker who said Jr. had a lick attack? I remember wanting that to be true because of something else he mentioned, and now that it is, I can't remember what it was.

Something about "These not being all the characters" or somesuch. I think?

Top Bottom