• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well, at least the clown car idea seems more interesting that the brush and mario sunshine idea in general. and the character is looking nice. still i would be a little irked if mario get 2 original newcomers and metroid gets none :c

While still we need the official confirmation, i guess it's congratz for you guys.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Ah damn, I predicted him early 2013 and after I saw him as a secret boss in Mario & Luigi Dream Team, but once I saw Rosalina I thought that'd be it for Mario newcomers. Oh well, he looks awesome and maybe I'll main him. Congrats yall.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
The Clown Car makes him look ADORABLE. The tongue attack is so cute. HYPE.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Just thought of something! If this leak is real, the reason Bowser Jr. has his Koopa Car... Is so Shadow Mario can be playable with his paintbrush! Let's see if this leak says I'm right...

D

Deleted member

I just want to say that after Rosalina, I lost nearly all hope for Bowser Jr.; that reveal devastated me since he was one of my most wanted newcomers since Brawl.
Now, seeing him in these leaks made him better than I expected. I honestly prefer the Koopa Clown Car over the Paintbrush idea; the Paintbrush would be a unique weapon with unique attributes, but the Koopa Clown Car makes him a far more interesting fighter and one that ties in to how he is in the current games.
I can't wait to play as him to see how he is like!

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
It's just you. :p
I think your not looking close enough watch it a couple more times he even lobs something similair to the banana and shoots a ball like diddys neutral b but it doesnt seem to arc

edit- the tounge attack looks kinda like the tail in terms of hitboxes

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I've been wanting Jr. in Smash since his first appearance, so this is good news for me. :) I've gotta say, I loved how his vehicle's face changed to a crying face when Jr. his the screen in the leak. :p

PlasmaPuffball

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I really hope this leak is real (I'm sure it is, but it's nice to just have official confirmation from Nintendo/Sakurai and whatnot). Bowser Jr. is by far my most wanted newcomer, but I've never really thought of him in the Clown Car. Kinda reminds me of Tron Bonne. Looking back at it now, he does stay in the Clown Car in a lot of current games, like Sticker Star, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Dream Team. So it makes perfect sense.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
He looks so adorable with the clown car emoting with him, I just wanna hug him! He seemed like such a heavily requested character that it's kinda weird he's actually there now haha~ Cause you're so used to hearing about the paint brush and stuff but, it's really awesome seeing him here. Wow, I guess now I'm realizing just how much I wanted him after the fact. Can't wait to see him on Wii U and in tournaments!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am hyped that Bowser Jr. is actually in with the Koopa Clown Car... he looks crazy fun! I can't wait to play as the Koopalings as well!

The Flying Brick

Smash Apprentice
I want to be excited for Bowser Jr., I really do. But with Ganondorf still being a clone and K. Rool being on shaky ground, I can't seem to get as hyped for him as I normally would.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
didn't you see jr's jump and the fires from the bottom of the clown car what should be from diddy's jetpack
I think your not looking close enough watch it a couple more times he even lobs something similair to the banana and shoots a ball like diddys neutral b but it doesnt seem to arc

edit- the tounge attack looks kinda like the tail in terms of hitboxes
We do not know if his cannonball move is chargeable. It looks to be a basic projectile like many other character's neutral specials. The hitbox is significantly larger than a peanut, will presumably deal more damage given that it's a cannonball, and, yes, does not arc.
Junior's up-b also does not appear to charge and e have no idea to what degree it can be controlled. Diddy's recovery gives him amazing vertical and horizontal momentum depending on how it's angles.
N-air is nothing like Diddy's.
D-tilt looks like a pretty standard d-tilt, to be honest. Many d-tilts are similar because there's only so much that can be done to differentiate them. This is no different.
Down-B does summon something, like Diddy's, however, we have no idea how the Mecha Koopa works. It could be an item, or it could just be a moving hitbox.
I mean, sure there are faint similarities, but you can find similar characteristics between all kinds of characters if you look for them.

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Congratulations to Bowser Jr's fans. I'm not his biggest supporter, but he looks really unique!

Last edited:

Exegguter

Smash Lord
I was a supporter since melee when the leak of bowser Jr Ridley and ??? Someone else surfaced. Omggggg yessss this leak is great.

DoobieStories

Smash Cadet
im not saying
We do not know if his cannonball move is chargeable. It looks to be a basic projectile like many other character's neutral specials. The hitbox is significantly larger than a peanut, will presumably deal more damage given that it's a cannonball, and, yes, does not arc.
Junior's up-b also does not appear to charge and e have no idea to what degree it can be controlled. Diddy's recovery gives him amazing vertical and horizontal momentum depending on how it's angles.
N-air is nothing like Diddy's.
D-tilt looks like a pretty standard d-tilt, to be honest. Many d-tilts are similar because there's only so much that can be done to differentiate them. This is no different.
Down-B does summon something, like Diddy's, however, we have no idea how the Mecha Koopa works. It could be an item, or it could just be a moving hitbox.
I mean, sure there are faint similarities, but you can find similar characteristics between all kinds of characters if you look for them.
I was saying his tounge to diddys tail for the hit boxes not the big bullet to a peanut and im not saying hes a clone just very similar

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I was never in favor of Bowser Jr... on foot...
But now... omg.. this is amazing, I'm having subtle changes of heart in various ways

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
We should change the title now that he is nearly confirmed.:joyful:
Until he's "officially confirmed", this thread's title will not change. We want to keep the thread titles spoiler-free right now.

Anyway, this really isn't the way that I wanted Bowser Jr. to go. He's obviously gotten lazy, or someone stole his paintbrush.

Kazoochachoo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kazoochachoo
3DS FC
2964-8741-5963
From the leaked videos he's certainly less floatier than I had imagined, on top of that .... his recovery is him blasting off again!

It's very interesting, maybe this clown car as little legs as opposed to the little propeller it typically has. It's very interesting to think about .... Smash's own Tron Bonne! Fun to picture.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw#kY2BoWg
Larry is in a Clown Car of his own color, something of which we haven't seen before.
Maybe Bowser Jr. and Villager share the trait of having only Alt. Costumes and no colors, and each Koopaling is an Alt.?
LEMMY CONFIRMED (YES)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Until he's "officially confirmed", this thread's title will not change. We want to keep the thread titles spoiler-free right now.

Anyway, this really isn't the way that I wanted Bowser Jr. to go. He's obviously gotten lazy, or someone stole his paintbrush.
He's even better than I expected! I support Bowser Jr. if he's gonna be in the Koopa Clown Car! It is way more unique than just running around and using a paintbrush like a sword.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
He's even better than I expected! I support Bowser Jr. if he's gonna be in the Koopa Clown Car! It is way more unique than just running around and using a paintbrush like a sword.
Still, the paintbrush could've implemented graffiti elements, where damaging players with it would leave behind graffiti that deals some additional damage for a few seconds.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Smash 5, coming 20XX
Now with added Ivysaur
It would be nice to have Ivysaur back... I enjoyed her in Brawl... too bad SSB4 only has one quadruped fighter. It would be awesome to see Ivysaur and Duck Hunt Dog team up.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice

Koopaling alts HYPE
This is seriously the best news I've heard about Bowser Jr.

I get Ludwig and the fans get Roy :troll:. I just hope the announcer changes the name of the Koopaling you use.

Last edited:

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Bowser Jr. by his lonesome doesn't excite me, but the idea of having the seven Koopalings as alts makes me very happy. :3

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Congradulations guys

I gave up hope when i saw rosalina but seeing this im so happy i was wrong.

I can see it now

Marios bros vs father and son.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
If you think about it, (if in the end its true), Bowser Jr alone confirms 8, EIGHT new characters! All the same yes, but they will have their own models and everything! WOW! :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I've never been a huge fan of Bowsy, but congratulations guys, things look great for the Koopa heir!

Top Bottom