• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kirby Social Thread!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
We get (Maybe) the following (mostly expected) Plushes
Elfilin
(Regular) Garuffi
and.....
Finnaly.....
BANDANA WADDLE DEE (With Spear)

if i have money i definitley (try to) buy all 3 Elfilin cause hes (somewhat) of the first form of the final boss
Garuffi cus Canonfodder
and BWD Cus Duh

Quillion

Smash Hero
Yes very similar to FL
Huh, never thought of it that way. I guess you can say that Forgotten Land is Kumazaki's return to the design philosophy of the Dark Matter Trilogy while still including elements of the Super Star combat system.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So i just beat The Post Game (Excluding Ultimate Tournament Z)! I was so dumb i spit my Ability during both Ultimate Tournament and the Secret Boss!

The worst Part about FL is that most of the Boss Music is Forgettable in my Opinion!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
hmm forgotten land is out first game without the stone ability

discounting the ones without copy abilities

Quillion

Smash Hero
Can someone here change my view that Amazing Mirror is the worst main Kirby game?

Quillion

Smash Hero
Thats hard after all the two Flagship Kirbys are Wildly Regarded as the Two Worst Mainline Kirbys Esspecialy Squeak Squad!
I actually think Amazing Mirror is worse than Squeak Squad. Squeak Squad at least made some effort to make the ability mechanics more enjoyable, at least before they returned to Super Star mechanics with the Ultra remake and RtDL. Amazing Mirror on the other hand largely sticks with Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land ability mechanics on top of its frustrating level design.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Can someone here change my view that Amazing Mirror is the worst main Kirby game?
no cause no one can ever change your mind on anything and every time you say that we end up going in circles for ages

what in the world do you need other people to change your mind for anyway?

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I actually think Amazing Mirror is worse than Squeak Squad. Squeak Squad at least made some effort to make the ability mechanics more enjoyable, at least before they returned to Super Star mechanics with the Ultra remake and RtDL. Amazing Mirror on the other hand largely sticks with Adventure/Nightmare in Dream Land ability mechanics on top of its frustrating level design.
Well, Squeak Squad had Metal Kirby, which automatically makes it five times worse than Amazing Mirror.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
no cause no one can ever change your mind on anything and every time you say that we end up going in circles for ages

sorry if that was a bit harsh but last time went on for too long

Quillion

Smash Hero

sorry if that was a bit harsh but last time went on for too long
Hey, there's a very popular part of Reddit dedicated to trying to see the other side. You can't be wishy-washy there either.

Well, Squeak Squad had Metal Kirby, which automatically makes it five times worse than Amazing Mirror.
Point taken, but at least Metal can be ignored, unlike Amazing Mirror's frustrating Metroidvania design.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Here is a Bad Translation of:
The German Lab Discovera Speech done by me!

Automatic SpechRecognization...activated.
Authenticationsystem...activated.
Authentication...Authentication...
Acsess Code authoriezed Initiation of the BuildingnavigationProtocoll.
Welcome Visitors, to the Dreamdiscoverytour in our Lab,
the Labor (Lab) Discovera,
during this exiciting tour,
you wil learn about the ultimate Lifeform,
Specimen ID-F86! (The 86 is spoken as Acht Sechs (Eight Six) not sechs und Achtzig (Eighty Six)
From the Moment of his Arrival on our Planet
Waged ID-F86 a Campain of Destruction That threatend our domestic Wildlife
our Researchers Luckily the capture succeeded before it could fulfill its Invasionplans
Right after begann our Lab the Examinations
of the Teleportation Abilitys of ID-F86
Examinations that build the Fundament
of our Current Planetary Teleportation abilitys!
30 Years after the Start of our Research
came it as a result of a Labexperiment to a Incident
During this a new Lifeform was able to flee
that seperated from the main Specimen
It was up to now not found.
Since this occurence ID-F86 shows no Activieties Anymore!
its now Located in Permanent stasis
inside of the custom made "Ewigkeits Kapsel" (Eternity Capsule)
Here in the Highest Floor of the Lab Discovera
And there we Finnaly are
Lets greet the Ultimate Lifeform: Specimen ID-F86!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So, how good is Forgotten Land? And would it be suitable to play for 8 year olds too? I'm thinking of buying it, and afterwards give the game copy to my 8 year old son.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So, how good is Forgotten Land? And would it be suitable to play for 8 year olds too? I'm thinking of buying it, and afterwards give the game copy to my 8 year old son.
Well it will depend on whether or not you’ve gotten tired of the Kirby formula from the last 4 games cause it’s pretty much that in a 3D space with some simpler copy moves

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Well it will depend on whether or not you’ve gotten tired of the Kirby formula from the last 4 games cause it’s pretty much that in a 3D space with some simpler copy moves
What else shall they do Fogbadge?
I would look up the Finale of the Game because it has a terrifieng Segment!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So The Duke of Dorks just made a Video about my most requested Smash Character that isnt Link
That Being Dark Matter Sadly i dislike the Moveset its just too Edgy and feels unlike the chraracter
But its still a great Watch!
I do hope this drums up some disscusion about Dark Matter because i doubt Nintendo would do him like that!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
So The Duke of Dorks just made a Video about my most requested Smash Character that isnt Link
That Being Dark Matter Sadly i dislike the Moveset its just too Edgy and feels unlike the chraracter
But its still a great Watch!
I do hope this drums up some disscusion about Dark Matter because i doubt Nintendo would do him like that!
that thumbnail screams attention seeking

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I just beat ultimate cup z in forgotten land!
I didnt use Morpho Sword but thanks to a friend, multiple Amiibo and sheer dumb luck we were able to win it!
That was one of the best gaming Expierences in my life im still shaking!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
As someone who 100%'d the game, Kirby and the Forgotten Land is hard but rewarding

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Is 100%ing the game hard or is just finishing the main game hard?
Finishing the story is easy but i played up to the third Bossrush which is hard but can be cheesed which i did
And the 100% are worse you have to fight some bosses Hitles and play a motion Control Ball Game!

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Finishing the story is easy but i played up to the third Bossrush which is hard but can be cheesed which i did
And the 100% are worse you have to fight some bosses Hitles and play a motion Control Ball Game!
Don't worry Orcale, you only need to do the Three Control Ball Games on Regular. I mainly found the Gotcha Capsules and Forgo Dreams to be hard

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So i thought considering i had yesterday a close encounter with a Virus i rather start dumping all my Acumulated written down stuff here starting with a Concept for Kirbys Airride 2

So Kirbys Airride 2 hmm i never played Airride Yes Really

(Probably should get it emulated with a 100% Save) anyways Obviously the Main Problems with the Original Game are:
  • Not enough Focus on City Trial
  • And the Age old Sakurai Problem of Hyperfocusing on his games!
So lets go!

Lets Start with The Characters and Machines:
So to Explain Every Chracter has one Unique Machine or Ability if youre Playing City trial some Things might be disabled! If a Character is listed with another one they have the Same Playstyle!

Kirby/ Gooey (Blob)/ Shadow Kirby
(His Ability is well Abilitys he can suck in opponents for a wide Array of Moves but dont fret certain Enemys give Elemental Effects for Other Characters!)
Machine: Warp Star/ Blue Bag/ The Dimensional Mirror

Bandana Waddle Dee/ Spear Waddle Dee
(Their Ability is Spear and they cant Fly only Double Jump!)
Machine: The Apple Juice Karton/ The Parasol

King Dedede/ Shadow Dedede
(Their Ability is Hammer and Dedede deals a Bit more Damage but hes slower without a Machine)
Machine: The waddle Dee Tray/ The Slave Tray

Meta Knight/ Galacta Knight
(Their Ability is Sword they can atttack quicker but lack punch)
„Machine“: Glide

Coo/ Rick/ Kine
(Coo can fly quick/ Rick can run faster than other Characters and Kine can swim decntly fast)
Machine: Bag

Adeline
(Shes Slow and barely deals damge and cant fly but she can draw food and enhancements so shes best used as a support)
„Machine“: Baby Ice Dragon

Magolor
(Can Shoot Magic that does Good damage but he cant get Elementaly enhanced!)
Machine: Mini Lor

Franziska/ Flam Berge/ Zan Partizanne
(They have their Element that gets stronger if they defeat Enemys Of their Type!)
Machine: Log

Universal Machines:
(These three are the Equivalent to Mario Karts they are basic things!)
Light Star
Medium Star
Heavy Star
Wheelie (Its Ground Based)
Birdon ( Its Air Based)
Mini Halberd
Kracko
Robobot Armour
Landia
Tiny Zero Two

Legendary Machines:
Dragoon
Hydra
Star Allies Sparkler

Abilitys:
Sword
Hammer
Spear
Fire (Gives Fire)
Ice (Gives Ice)
Beam (Gives Zap)
Wind (Gives Bluster)
Water (Gives Water)
Mike

City Trial Stages:
City Trial
City Trial (classic)
Forgotten City
Halcandran City

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
So i thought considering i had yesterday a close encounter with a Virus i rather start dumping all my Acumulated written down stuff here starting with a Concept for Kirbys Airride 2

So Kirbys Airride 2 hmm i never played Airride Yes Really

(Probably should get it emulated with a 100% Save) anyways Obviously the Main Problems with the Original Game are:
  • Not enough Focus on City Trial
  • And the Age old Sakurai Problem of Hyperfocusing on his games!
So lets go!

Lets Start with The Characters and Machines:
So to Explain Every Chracter has one Unique Machine or Ability if youre Playing City trial some Things might be disabled! If a Character is listed with another one they have the Same Playstyle!

Kirby/ Gooey (Blob)/ Shadow Kirby
(His Ability is well Abilitys he can suck in opponents for a wide Array of Moves but dont fret certain Enemys give Elemental Effects for Other Characters!)
Machine: Warp Star/ Blue Bag/ The Dimensional Mirror

Bandana Waddle Dee/ Spear Waddle Dee
(Their Ability is Spear and they cant Fly only Double Jump!)
Machine: The Apple Juice Karton/ The Parasol

King Dedede/ Shadow Dedede
(Their Ability is Hammer and Dedede deals a Bit more Damage but hes slower without a Machine)
Machine: The waddle Dee Tray/ The Slave Tray

Meta Knight/ Galacta Knight
(Their Ability is Sword they can atttack quicker but lack punch)
„Machine“: Glide

Coo/ Rick/ Kine
(Coo can fly quick/ Rick can run faster than other Characters and Kine can swim decntly fast)
Machine: Bag

Adeline
(Shes Slow and barely deals damge and cant fly but she can draw food and enhancements so shes best used as a support)
„Machine“: Baby Ice Dragon

Magolor
(Can Shoot Magic that does Good damage but he cant get Elementaly enhanced!)
Machine: Mini Lor

Franziska/ Flam Berge/ Zan Partizanne
(They have their Element that gets stronger if they defeat Enemys Of their Type!)
Machine: Log

Universal Machines:
(These three are the Equivalent to Mario Karts they are basic things!)
Light Star
Medium Star
Heavy Star
Wheelie (Its Ground Based)
Birdon ( Its Air Based)
Mini Halberd
Kracko
Robobot Armour
Landia
Tiny Zero Two

Legendary Machines:
Dragoon
Hydra
Star Allies Sparkler

Abilitys:
Sword
Hammer
Spear
Fire (Gives Fire)
Ice (Gives Ice)
Beam (Gives Zap)
Wind (Gives Bluster)
Water (Gives Water)
Mike

City Trial Stages:
City Trial
City Trial (classic)
Forgotten City
Halcandran City
FUN FACT: Kirby's Air Ride was going to be for the N64 but moved to be a Gamecube Game

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
News from the Kirby Twitter: Forgotten Land players have collectively annihilated over 1 billion Awoofies so far.

So… yeah…

Top Bottom