• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kirby Social Thread!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nah its just that star allies has better Gimmicks, Amazing Gameplay, Tons of Dream Friends amongst other stuff asside from the Leveldesign the only criticisim you could lob against Star Allies wich does not apply to all other new 2d Kirbys is Maybe the Lack of Collectables and Length i guess! And these arent near as Severe as the lacking Leveldesign! So Considering that almost everyone agrees that Triple d, Robobot, SSU and Return are Better It Has To be the Leveldesign!
i think you're over thinking it. if anything adventure wii is the one getting the port cause of how much japan love magolor

Oracle Link

Smash Master
i think you're over thinking it. if anything adventure wii is the one getting the port cause of how much japan love magolor
??? Please Specify!
Also the reason why it gets a REMAKE is cause of 4 Player and that it is a 3d Home console game!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Return to Dreamland remake looks great, but I already played it on Wii and don't really feel like spending $60 to play it again. Plus I've had my Kirby fill with both Forgotten Land and Dream Buffet.
Did you already play it completly through? As in did you do the Arenas and the ex Mode?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yes, I played my fill of it.
Ah okay!
Anyways am i the onöly one who thinks that we need more evil nightmare Demons for the all star collection of kirby plushes?
Come on Dark Matter, the Mirror World Clones, Parralel Dudes and Void Give them to me! Also there is a Adeline Plush now:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Here a bunch of Kirbs:

Fun Plush but still Newer ones are Better but i guess its derpiness is thee reason for its popularity DERP KIRB!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Lets Say The Next Samsh gets 2 New Kirby Characters one of which being Bandana Dee who would you want to be the Second One!
For ME the Answers clear:
My Orby Boy (Who transforms into Swordsman for some attacks)
Who would be your choice for a fifth Kirby Rep!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Lets Say The Next Samsh gets 2 New Kirby Characters one of which being Bandana Dee who would you want to be the Second One!
For ME the Answers clear:
My Orby Boy (Who transforms into Swordsman for some attacks)
Who would be your choice for a fifth Kirby Rep!
Magolor personally, though I'd be happy with Galacta Knight or Marx as well.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Lets say you can wish for any Kirby Character to recieve a all star colection Plush that would be delieverd to you by shinya Kumazaki with an Handshake!
Which would it be? (It cant be a Final Boss or a already done Character!)
I would go with Fighters 2 Shadow Kirby:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Heres a Hot Take? of Mine (I copied it from somewhere else):
Honestly eventho Kirby Charcters are still overhated weve reached a point where Kirby Deserves Not Only just Bandana Waddle Dee but 6-8 Characters Total (Including Dedede, Meta and Kirby!) Of Course Zelda does too but not many would argue with that! and consider im refering to Characters who were in Multiple Kirby Games as either Main Villains or as Playable Characters:
Ahem
Bandana Dee Hes in F***in Everything including being the only other Playable Character in the first 3d Instalment!
Galacta Knight Major sexret Boss In Multiple Kirbys
Morpho knight Hes the new galacta Knight so yeah
Whispy MAjor Boss Comparable to Bowser jr
Kracko same is Also Playable Via Adeline in star allies
Dark Matter Representative of most Major Void related Bosses that being almost all Kirby Final Bosses also is in 4 Games directly and has 2 Forms
Magolor another Important Character having A major Role in RTDL aswell as being Playable in fighters 2
Gooey Was Playable Twice and could be a Echo for Kirby
So here you have it 7 8 Completly Reasonable Kirby Characters that are either Playable (Outside of Star Allies) or MAjor Bosses Or Both! Pick 5 and we are good!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
For everyone missing Smash Kirby Disscusion i made a Rather Productive thread were you can do both that aswell as Contribute to the HDKNL or also Handy Dandy Kirby Newcomer List a list Made to prove that kirby deserves Newcomers in Smash here is the Thread
Handy Dandy Kirby Newcomer List!

Aligo

Smash Ace

Quillion

Smash Hero
Because there wasn't not much attacks?
Not much attacks AND very few abilities to begin with.

I imagine that a future Kirby game using forgotten lands system will likely use the additional inputs the sword ability uses, so there would not be as much of a problem with moveset depth.
That's what I'm hoping as well.
  • Neutral attacks are still neutral attacks.
  • Dash attacks replace slide.
  • Crouch+attack is an alternative attack.
  • Crouch in midair is a plunging attack.

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Not much attacks AND very few abilities to begin with.

That's what I'm hoping as well.
  • Neutral attacks are still neutral attacks.
  • Dash attacks replace slide.
  • Crouch+attack is an alternative attack.
  • Crouch in midair is a plunging attack.
Should we still keep the immediate copying ability option?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
When it comes to Abilitys Use Both B and Y For Attacks A For Jump We Dont Need Y For Dropping Stuff the only reason i did that slower Method In FL Is Cause of the Missing Control Screen i straight up didnt knew that you can still use select! Again Select should stay the default Throw Away Button X Can be used for a Gimmick and B and Y Should be Attack Buttons!

Also Does anyone know a Kirby Forum i can visit! I just wanna go crazy!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I miss when Kirby used to have weaknesses in Kirby fanmedia, it helped make him a more-balanced character.

Now, he's treated like a weapon eldritch horror of mass destruction that can straight up intimidate everyone without even laying a finger on them.

the “Kirby is OP” joke has long been stale, a babbling wholesome 100 murderer of gods.

I blame the infinite power thing in Robobot and Squeak Squad's cake rampage.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Also One thing if Waddle dees will be continued to be used as Collectibales what will replace them!
I mean i guess every game since RTDL had Waddle dee Replacements so i guess they will just move their Respective Replacements into the first worlds!
I mean if Dark Matter was still around we could see NRZs but nah after void i doubt that DM Returns:
1668246832034.png

Oracle Link

Smash Master
i finnaly present too you:

Void Termina Thinking Emoji i saw it once in a vid and now i found it!
Its Friggin Hillarious! I wonder what he thinks about?
Maybe Contemplating existence?
Maybe searching his feelings?
I dont Know but i do know i want Screw Race Based Emoji give us
VOID T Versions for every Emoji hes the Best Representation anyway being born as the origin and ancestor of all!

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Finally getting around to playing Forgotten Land. Very enjoyable thus far; probably a top 5 franchise release though the overall experience hasn't surpassed Return to Dream Land, Super Star Ultra, or Planet Robobot yet. You can definitely sense there were certain limitations because it was the first 3D entry, so hopefully we can get a bigger exploration of abilities and variants a bit more organic to the pace then the mouthful mode powers (as fun as they are).

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Finally getting around to playing Forgotten Land. Very enjoyable thus far; probably a top 5 franchise release though the overall experience hasn't surpassed Return to Dream Land, Super Star Ultra, or Planet Robobot yet. You can definitely sense there were certain limitations because it was the first 3D entry, so hopefully we can get a bigger exploration of abilities and variants a bit more organic to the pace then the mouthful mode powers (as fun as they are).
Yeah i can agree Forgotten land is not THE Best Kirby But ONE OF The Best a Sequel with a better ability system (Perhaps a second attack button) Would perfect it tho!

Laniv

Smash Lord
Plenty of news today for Return to Dream Land Deluxe, including a new ability: Sand!

1673462743718.png

Top Bottom