• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

Beanman

Smash Cadet
The only reason I don't head down to ZP is distance. It takes me about 20-30 min to get from my house down to FAU. From there, zp is another 30-45 min drive. With traffic, thats about 2 1/2 hours on the road. Considering I have to be up at 6am most days for work, by the time Im out, im not down for driving that distance. Juust my reasoning behind why I don't show up to zp. It's not you guys, you're awesome, it's that hollywood is so far away from me.

Also, Jason....I wanna mirror match you with my ganon.

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
will watch when I get home. What seems to be working for me in terms of learning Shiek metagame and my playstyle is just messing around. One game I'll strictly use only nairs when I do aerials, other time strictly dairs. It seems to work to find the uses of every move at what dmg % and position.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
@beanman we arent asking you to come out everyday I understand that. but as a community trying to come together is it too much to ask you come out once?(Its a tournament man!) You want a good sfl scene? Well you can make it happen by showing your support! I know you and a couple of others can just carpool it for one day for the revival of sfl.

And with all do respect distance isnt a good excuse with me. Blea drove to pembroke pines to pick up a friend. then miami gardens to pick me and my bro up. Then ives dairy to pick up eli. then to kendall to go to a tournament. ask me how much time he spent on the road. Thats what you call support!

Plz bro everyone(this means you) has to put in a little bit of effort for this to work. spread the word march 5th is the date! This will be sfl best tournament by far! I have talked to a couple of people already and right now I got like 15 plus entries atm. With your help this number can increase!

Im aiming for 25! Help me!

AfroQT

Smash Master
There a melee tournament happening? After pound im going to be focusing harder on melee then on brawl. So let me in on this son.

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
It's on the 5th of march. I'm gonna let pancubano and punisherX know about this.
You have their numbers? If anything ask them to tell the other guys that were there (bulletbill, bin breezy, daddy coma) if theyll come too.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Awesome thats what I call a community!

Again I will make the thread(or have jason or kevin do it for me under my name) this weekend.

I need to speak with phil as well to reserve the date.

We need a beast name for this(Darius got that beast picture already too).

If this goes will I would like to run another one and make it bigger than the noob series(yup I said it bigger) But it takes everyones help.

Afro I was gonna talk to you to and david said he will try his best :) Talk to eric for me? Imma talk to him regardless though lol. convice his ***.
Damn it be **** if I got nickriddle to enter too but now im dreaming lol.

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice

Again I will make the thread(or have jason or kevin do it for me under my name) this weekend.

If this goes will I would like to run another one and make it bigger than the noob series(yup I said it bigger) But it takes everyones help.

Afro I was gonna talk to you to and david said he will try his best :) Talk to eric for me? Imma talk to him regardless though lol. convice his ***.
Yo, before you make the tourney thread, check out that link that I posted to the round robin hybrid bracket setup. It looks like it would work well for this, and would entice people with promise of more time in brackets. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=294913

still thinking of a beast name to put for it though.

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
like i said, we should make a big national, or even bigger, with a fking half year of anticipation
just where would we put something of that size? We would need to rent out a whole warehouse for like 2 days if we wanted a national, and they certainly don't come cheap

DannyG

Smash Cadet
just where would we put something of that size? We would need to rent out a whole warehouse for like 2 days if we wanted a national, and they certainly don't come cheap
That isn't true Darius. A lot of hotels have ballrooms that would be appropriately sized. And we could probably organize some way of getting discounted nightly rates for attending the tournament. They often employ these kinds of strategies when planning conferences and such. Big tournies like pound and genesis also organize their venues this way.

In fact, a big tourney in the summer, like the end of June or July, doesn't sound impossible at all.

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
That isn't true Darius. A lot of hotels have ballrooms that would be appropriately sized. And we could probably organize some way of getting discounted nightly rates for attending the tournament. They often employ these kinds of strategies when planning conferences and such. Big tournies like pound and genesis also organize their venues this way.

In fact, a big tourney in the summer, like the end of June or July, doesn't sound impossible at all.
true, I'm just getting at the fact that we need to be able to get SFL to come to this. If we can't get our own locals to DRIVE to a big tourney, how will we get people to FLY down here! It's all a matter of knowing the right people. But you're right. It's possible, but lets get our heads out of the clouds and back into our primary goal: Bringing SFL back to its hype-filled condition that it once was, or bigger.

Edit: Oh btw, Hbox is already setting up CEO2011, a national in Orlando in June.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice

So RJ and I have been telling some people to go on smashboards and I've been sending them the link to this thread, so hopefuly they'll start popping up today and tomorrow, hopefully by next week we can plan something for all of us to play!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Good **** justin and rj thats what Im talking about! Ya lets hope they get to posting at least occasionaly.

Darius although that is intresting its very time consuing. And i have plans for an amuter bracket.

Talked to phil date is comfirmed for us lets ****ing do this!

Omg also I been figure out sheik stuff. So many things in my head! But ya im off to play mvc3 right ****ing now! Melee this weekend for me lol.

zidane3015

Smash Cadet
Whenever the tournament does go down I guess I'll be helping Dale run it since I usually help him make/update brackets and tell people matches

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
#Daruis:Bin Breezy is my best friend and Daddy Coma is his brother. I'm gonna talk to them about coming. I don't remember a bullet bill.

KONOHALOTUS13! Stop stalking the thread and post! We won't bite! >:D

Konohalotus13

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. The name's Mickey and I go to FAU. I've been on this thread for about a year now and I've improved exponentially since I first picked up melee for the competitive scene (a year and a half ago). I play with RJ and Justin and a few others on a regular basis, and I think it'd be awesome if we got something together soon. We need some better players to play against XD

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
That's better. =) Welcome to our thread. I think we're planning on going to FAU next week to come visit you guys and see the talent out there. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the FAU smashers.

Dar1u5

Smash Apprentice
#Daruis:Bin Breezy is my best friend and Daddy Coma is his brother. I'm gonna talk to them about coming. I don't remember a bullet bill.
Thats cool. Bulletbill was the bald Samus player that had to leave early. There was also a Luigi guy named JohnnyMoto that wore sunglasses, and then my few friends. Lol at noticing kono stalking the thread

Hey guys. The name's Mickey and I go to FAU. I've been on this thread for about a year now and I've improved exponentially since I first picked up melee for the competitive scene (a year and a half ago). I play with RJ and Justin and a few others on a regular basis, and I think it'd be awesome if we got something together soon. We need some better players to play against XD
Welcome to the SFL Brotherhood. I hope to be able to go to FAU next weekend to meet you and the other FAU guys that Justin and 2link keep talking about :D

Konohalotus13

Smash Rookie

KONOHALOTUS13! Stop stalking the thread and post! We won't bite! >:D
haha I just saw this. How did you know I existed prior to the post I just put up??? XD And well, I normally dont have much to say I guess. That'll change though =P

DannyG

Smash Cadet
haha I just saw this. How did you know I existed prior to the post I just put up??? XD And well, I normally dont have much to say I guess. That'll change though =P

Hehe if you scroll to the bottom of the page you can see the active members viewing the thread. Or maybe Cryptik has a byakugan he hasn't told us about. : P

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
Just so you know, if you see I'm always on I leave this page open on my phone most of the time.

Now all we need are like 10 more fau people and we'll be set!

Oh has anyone heard from dwayne? Haven't seen him in forever

AfroQT

Smash Master
I don't want to main falco anymore but hes the only character i'm kinda good with.

I really wanna main either Marth, Mario, Pikachu, and i guess Shiek because my best friend forever uses him.

Beanman

Smash Cadet
I will be there for the tournament on the fifth. Will make sure to clear my schedule. What time is the tournament? Need to see if I need to take off from work. Also, could we get a car pool going with someone who lives in boca? Would be good if I could meet people at FAU or the B&N across the street.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Rj I love you lol.
Like i said i talked to phil tourney will be probably around 2 or so. March 5th I will make the thread within the next 2 days.

Im loving this hope to see more fau kids post up :)

kendall area where you at!

DannyG

Smash Cadet
Ok, this is a message about going to ZP tomorrow. I'm willing to pick up anyone that I can and take them, however I won't be going back down to miami afterward so if you go with me you'll need to find a way back. There's room for 4, but let me know early so I can organize the times and locations and what not.

DannyG

Smash Cadet
Ok, this is a message about going to ZP TOMORROW

Nah, I meant that other thing that sounds like tomorrow. I'd be glad to give you a lift if you give me directions to your house (or wherever you'll be) or meet me at an easy location. But yea, I'll come get you.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
I will be there for the tournament on the fifth. Will make sure to clear my schedule. What time is the tournament? Need to see if I need to take off from work. Also, could we get a car pool going with someone who lives in boca? Would be good if I could meet people at FAU or the B&N across the street.
I'm going to try to take off work too

HYPE!

Hopefully more people start rolling in tonight on the boards too, Maybe by next week we can have something at FAU also.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
ya man lets hope!

just took they day off work so im actualy really hyped for this. Im pretty sure the name of the tourney is gonna be "Don't choke".

Ya darius its pretty much on you to talk to the people around your area(get them to post on the boards!).

Beanman i wanna play you its been way too long

Top Bottom