• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

nicaboy

Smash Champion
How does the ladder system work? I mean we all have a good idea who top ten are around here its the placing more so. Im liking the sound of this ladder.

nevershootme

Smash Master
if you've played SC, Diablo, any FPS w/e. It's basically a leaderboards for lack of better terms. Ladder simply means climbing to the top lol... or Ranbat (Ranking Battle). basically they're all the same words and same concept, to create a list of who's top tier in their group.

You simply base it on wins/losses and rating values for each person/team weather if you do it by MM and/or tourney placings. or you can base it on point allocation from tournies that happened over the course of the season.

lets make an example. Lets say we're gonna have a season from January to May and we're only gonna base it on SFL tournies (like Melee Monthlies for example, 5 tournies), if you wanna do it for all FL players then that's fine. We'll use a point system based on placings and allocate points to like top 8 players for that tourney.

Point breakdown (granted you can do whatever you want)
1. 6
2. 5
3. 4
4. 3
5. 2
5. 2
7. 1
7. 1

Tourney 1
1. Emilio
2. Michelangelo
3. Raphael
4. Eric
5. Derek
5. Dale
7. Warren
7. Kevin

Tourney 2
Eric
1. Emilio
2. Cameron
3. Justin
4. Derek
5. Dale
5. Dwayne
7.Elliot
7.Andrew

Tourney 3 & etc.
blah blah blah

with the placings and players there, you start working some Excel magic and make a spreadsheet of all the players and placings and you create your ranking system. then you start allocating points for money matches/ranked matches to improve their ranking (granted you guys need to regulate that every tourney). and at the end of the season, you have your finalized rankings for all players and trash talk away. basically you're making the tournies you guys run be the basis of the rankings instead of a panel to decide

nevershootme

Smash Master
I like this ladder idea, lets start implementing it
keep in mind this is common in other communities (the Ranbats and ladders) and smash doesn't bother to use it much since they all rely on the PR (power ranking) system. it's best to do this in small regions (SFL, CFL, etc.) than a statewide thing as it will cause confusion and bias between players in other regions.

if you want another example, just look at the Japanese SFIV arcade rankings, normally you'd think Daigo being the top of the top in BP (battle points) but then you have players like Mago and Iyo taking the top since Daigo may not have touched the arcades in awhile

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Kevin knows what he is talking about. And nsm your a great poster thanks we should implement that. Only problem is certain players don't play as often as others. And lol no one ranked andres.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
im going tomorrow to zp man. but im not gonna be there at 6. u just start the tournament, and ill do singles! im gonna be there wif juan like at 9 maybe 10. something likely. whos down?

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Everyone needs to get Michelo's number and let him know when things in the south are going down, he lives in miami 3058035753

Danny the police scare is over it was a one day thing, tell your mom there aren't any more drogas over there

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Thats not a john i respect that. Any way mmm down for smash today if we can get like 8 people at least. But not monday so no one ask me to play then <.<

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
dude, i cant go.. juan is coming out from work at 10... can anybody pick me up in doral zone miami ? i give the direcction if u can X.x plz.. ill pay for gas xD

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Zp was amazing on sunday. We had dop esam seibrik smilez andres trikome precision eddie ron a roni nicaboy wes jr and flamin roy. **** was mad funny good stuff guys and o ya spider sense! Dop before you leave we are gonna get that hot peach sheik madeness on a tv for like 2 hours man. And eddie nice meeting you i hope i gave a good first impression :). I was offered something nice to start playing brawl but i dunno if i should do it lol. Brawl was fun too its just that melee is way better. But lucas is just too good in brawl! Lol n!ggas be getting ****ed up in melee son.

Top Bottom