• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Kame House : South Florida Melee Discussion

nicaboy

Smash Champion
I want to do it. Keeps the fire alive. I would say. Linguini esam and then it get hard. People keep beating people so ugh the next people keep in mind it can be moved around easily. Crispyone blea gelo nicaboy seibrik flamin roy smilez spider sense then zidane. Me and seibrik can alternate. I lost to him and he beat phanna whom i lost too. But lost to dop. I beat dop in 2 money matches and beat crispyone. We both lost to blea but both beat you in mm. This is just my opinion so.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Also keep in mind steven has quit :( and derek no longer lives in south florida. Others who can be top 10 elliot and james. Andres as well since he did take a match off of rockcrock's ganon. I hope i aint forgetting anyone who can be. Im intrested in everyones thoughts and opinion. Also cameron is pretty good too. He beat seibrik and took a match of off teczero. Lost to me though. He is just to inactivate atm.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Keep me off the power rankings if you do make one. I'm pretty much done with tournaments. I just want to play the game for fun now and not worry too much about how I'm doing.
LoL im the total opposite raphael, i can't play anymore unless its a tournament or money matches because this game is just about out camping your opponent. Playing the no death in the downward direction is so fun though, i think everyone should do it in friendlies. Youre still the only one that would do it with me though =) Gonna miss ya!

Danny take my place as recorder of the smashes

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Ok ralph i understand and you make sense to me. You only like friendlies lol so humble man. And derek speaks the truth. Friendlies don't mean jack ****.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
umm friendlies dont count youve never money matched me or beat me in tournament, us'a scrub son, but ill come wreck you in gville =)
By that logic mew2king isn't better than you lol you've never mm'ed or played him in tourney. You guys look at friendlies as if they tell you nothing. If over the years you have been beating someone consistently it is very likely that you are better than them, or at least better than them in the matchup of you vs. them. So, it is highly unlikely that after beating them countless times that they will beat you just because it is in tourney.

Edit: Nicaboy his name is raphael not ralph lol

Linguini

Smash Master
LoL im the total opposite raphael, i can't play anymore unless its a tournament or money matches because this game is just about out camping your opponent. Playing the no death in the downward direction is so fun though, i think everyone should do it in friendlies. Youre still the only one that would do it with me though =) Gonna miss ya!

Danny take my place as recorder of the smashes
a classic derek post haha. The way you see this game is so ****ed up derek, and it's totally wrong ROFL

Blea is probably after me, Raphael would be too if he played seriously. I don't really count esam and seibrik since they play brawl aka ***s.

Feek we gotta play this weekend, gotta get some training for pound next weekend, give me a ring.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
he beat dwayne and johnny and ALMOST beat Catrell, Poke Floats is not a legal stage

South Florida Players in order of skill (in my opinion)
Emilio
Michelangelo
Raphael
Eric
Derek
Dale
Warren
Kevin
Andres
Dwayne
Pete
Elliot
Mike
Johnny
Cameron
Jason
Marlon
Justin
Stephen
Eli
Andrew
Laz
Chris
RJ

My opinion stands true b3tchessss, actually i think dale has surpassed me now tho since he beat me in like three money matches

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Im a scrub. I main pikachu you idiots. Esam stays. He enters tournaments like once or twice a month making very active actualy. Seibrik does so well but enters like every six months. I really wanna do it and will even going so far as too doing our first one myself and get some feed back from the community. I would like some help and to conversate with two others about a list to put out. After that then we can do a point system. Im very serious and if you guys are support. If not don't waste my time. I don't need to prove myself here really i gotta do it out of state. I don't need a number by name to make me feel good although it be nice. I wanna talk to emllio about it as he knows alot jason too.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'll put blea over myself since he beat dop and cam way closer to beating emilio than i have in a looong time.

Linguini

Smash Master
close doesnt matter lol, either you win or you don't. but he did beat dop so he's over you, even tho if you played you could be beast.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
a classic derek post haha. The way you see this game is so ****ed up derek, and it's totally wrong ROFL

Blea is probably after me, Raphael would be too if he played seriously. I don't really count esam and seibrik since they play brawl aka ***s.

Feek we gotta play this weekend, gotta get some training for pound next weekend, give me a ring.
I'll try to get back to you on training. I work on fri from 6-10 pm. I can probably play on saturday or sunday.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Derek opinion is mad ****ed up lmao! Yo there's no way Pete, Kevin and you are better than me. Sorry broseph I love you to death but that ain't fly. And I usually go back and forth with Cameron, Elliot, Crispyone. The only people I know who can beat me consistently are Dale, Linguini, Bleo, Dwayne, and maybe Warren and Andres. But if you guys really want to PR south florida using tourney results and MM, then lets start from scratch; starting off with Lee's upcoming tournament, or the FIU one. But I don't know if that will hold any merit, cause of lack of attendance. Anyways, someone should keep personal tabs of all MM and tourney results. And since a number of SFL players are inconsistent with entering for whatever reasons shouldn't be included at all like Crispy, Steven, Derek, Pete, Cameron, Johnny, etc.

Edit - I think Pete and Cameron don't take the game as seriously as they did before and if they got back into the game hardcore, no doubt they'd be one of our best. Esam is also pretty legit.

You guys also have to consider our best/worse matchups too and vs each other's particular play style. Dale says he sucks against samus which is why he loses to Phanna and Esam apparently. The same could be said with me vs Marth which is why Andres beats me, so it's not so much the player it's the character they're playing. I wouldn't even put Kevin in the ranking yet, because he's just starting out and I think that kid has yet to show us how good he really is and we don't even know what his best/worst matchup is, nor we know how he does against certain play styles. (Don't be offended kevin, I think you have the greatest potential out of all of us)

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
he beat dwayne and johnny and ALMOST beat Catrell, Poke Floats is not a legal stage

South Florida Players in order of skill (in my opinion)
Emilio
Michelangelo
Raphael
Eric
Derek
Dale
Warren
Kevin
Andres
Dwayne
Pete
Elliot
Mike
Johnny
Cameron
Jason
Marlon
Justin
Stephen
Eli
Andrew
Laz
Chris
RJ
Y am I even on your list dude?

It's been so long I can't even remember who most of these people are. lol I can't wait for season to end at my jobs so I can come and play more

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Intresting very much so. I don't see why we couldn't get one out within a week or so. Should be fun. And ya derek jason is way better than pete. And da **** so is elliot. Justin man i havent see you in a while but i got you on face book :). I gotta say i have see a change in south florida with the loss of chops. But then me and roy moved here. Then the return of esam. The loss of steven but now we got blea. And my god you guys get at kevin who has been playin a nice amount. I love everyone here so much i got a **** load better from august. And btw didn't esam beat dop at winterfest? I remember dop telling me that lol. But ya if its generaly accepted that blea is over him i take it that top 3 is fairly obvious. This community is getting hard i swear.

reelbigfishstix9

Smash Apprentice
Intresting very much so. I don't see why we couldn't get one out within a week or so. Should be fun. And ya derek jason is way better than pete. And da **** so is elliot. Justin man i havent see you in a while but i got you on face book :). I gotta say i have see a change in south florida with the loss of chops. But then me and roy moved here. Then the return of esam. The loss of steven but now we got blea. And my god you guys get at kevin who has been playin a nice amount. I love everyone here so much i got a **** load better from august. And btw didn't esam beat dop at winterfest? I remember dop telling me that lol. But ya if its generaly accepted that blea is over him i take it that top 3 is fairly obvious. This community is getting hard i swear.
Yea dude. I plan on coming down more to ZP soon now that I don't work as much. But I did finally get a Gamecube so i've been playing alot. I also been playing with Chris a ton too. He's gotten a lot better.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Jason when it comes to be ranked you are looked overall so its not gonna be the end of the world should be bad in a match up or two. Kevin within our community has been doing so well to goes as far as beating derek(who would be ranked if he still was here) and recently elliot. Ten suits him nicely. Also ya i agree with the match up thing. Just because player one beat player 2 doesn't mean player one is better than player 2. Player one can be losing to like everyone else but player two does well against others. I cant fight samus. Esam cant fight falco. Ralphel cant fight sheik or peach(i think thats funny) .

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Blea im going as far back as our august zp tourney to linguini's. We got a pretty good idea bro.
Which is why you should start from scratch. It really wouldn't be fair to declare Bleo as top 3 (Yeah he's mad good, don't get me wrong) since he just got here and happens to main a character we're not familiar with.

precision

Smash Cadet
panelist: myself, jason, emilio, eli, and dale. or instead of me andres.

edit: yo derek where you at my nikkuh? you need to get *****.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Derek your the one who doesn't take the legitimacy out of dollar tournaments. No one count those. And for the record only myself linguini ralphel and blea has even one those things. Look at that REAL closely! Anyway i wouldn't be down with eli or laz as panelists. Love you guys but just wouldn't. I don't care to be one myself but we gotta step it up i guess lol. Jason its pretty obvious about blea. After thinking about it i wanna go with the following: linguini ganon blea gelo luigi/ice climbers esam samus/fox nicaboy sheik/peach seibrik sheik smilez fox flamin roy fox andres marth spider sense ganon zidane fox puff sheik. Attendance does affect placings at times. Roy and jason havent enter singles since october. Seibrik enters at random. When you don't enter you don't allow yourself to be beat at all. Honorable mentions ballistics and crispyone and elliot. Oh and i prefer people making lists instead of points just my opinion. I would like to see whats others consider top ten. I will get more detailed when i

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Lol Yo Dale I can kinda see where you're going with this. But Blea just surfaced and last tournament was his second one I think, remember what I said about characters vs other characters? Take that into consideration. I think Blea is very good, but he's not someone to dread over in tournament. And you're also placing people who don't enter tournaments consistently enough (Roy and I included) I honestly think the best approach is to start off from scratch. As of right now imho of top 3 is...Linguini, Nicaboy...and 3rd being up for grabs until more legitimate tournaments results deem that player worthy of the slot. I would like to include either Esam but this is his third or fourth tournament. Seibrik is just concerned with making cash. lol. And he's hella rusty in melee atm. Lol if you want Dale I can swing by your place tomorrow for smashing and further discussion.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I think smaller amount tournaments are legitimate, they just can't be used for rankings, because they are more for practice, I think ranked tournaments should only happen once a month, and the majority of players have to be there

Top Bottom