• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jamaican smash thread

abcool

Smash Ace
Ok, So are you really gonna stop.... Playing smash or stop the smash gatherings on the whole?

I don't wanna spam up the vid so i took it here.

Cross.

Smash Ace
no the smash gatherings will continue just like now im just not going to play anymore

like i said in the video i dont want all this ****. I dont want to organize ****, make sure its hype, record videos, make sure there uploaded etc etc. all i want to do is show up and play the game thats all everyone else in this scene does show up, play, leave and thats all i want

what you said was true you need people in the community that are the organizers, the uploaders, the comentators and take those jobs on for themselves but i dont want any of that i want to be a player and i know that if smash ever got a little bigger around here i would have to end up doing everything jus like how you do in the Bahamas and im jus not into that **** because it is not what i want AT ALL.

anyways this is not the only reason im done with smash, there are other reasons but i wont go into them. i will still host the gatherings but look at whats happened to the boards there is absolutely no hype or nothin for smash and its really jus depressing and really very upsetting to be honest.

Ausp

Smash Apprentice
Well, farewell Cross. Thanks for everything. You have contributed more than you wanted to (hosting, etc.) and it was enough.

I've learned a lot from Smash. I'm a more open-minded and grounded in a logical way of thinking because of our talks and I will carry it into everything else.

I wish many success for you in SF.

abcool

Smash Ace
Ya know. Other ppl will start to host after awhile and have the gatherings. it's really a team effort. It's why i have a crew. They help me out. I just do all the hard parts. Everyone contributes in little ways. I just wanna see my team prosper. I don't know what it's like to be a single smasher with no team or no one to help me out with smaller things.

Well i take every smasher into consideration. If i am still hosting next yr you jamaican smashers should come over for a tourney i may or may not hold. Imma make it happen though. I just got the drive, just not enough to be great and deal with the TO's job.

Cross.

Smash Ace
i seen that mod already its dope but i like the regular "pew click" lol

that vid is awesome jus for having jazzy NYC playing on fd tho

yall seen the mod where falcon says "YES!" after everything? ***n hilarious

Cross.

Smash Ace
well happy new year everyone, fnf will resume next week like normal

i cant believe its almost been a year since i started hosting these. I still remember the 1st night when it was jus me, tossy, dakid, ausp and tbm seems like it wasnt that long ago

abcool

Smash Ace
Yoo!!! Smash has really been picking up in the bahamas... You guys need to upload some vids. If u guys got facebook add ssbahamas facebook profile

Cross.

Smash Ace
this is just ****in sad i guess no one gives a **** about smash anymore

oh well *** smash am i rite?

this is why we will never amount to anything

abcool

Smash Ace
This is what i meant. When there is no TO everything dies. You should have expected it to happen. We only play smash competitively here. I would think that is why i only put time into that. Anyway, if you guys are gonna go out, go out with a bang.

I would like for u guys to have a tourney, maybe one last tourney and upload the vids. I need to post the link on my Ssbahamas facebook page and show the other bahamian ppl that jamaica has a or had a smash scene, i'll lie and say u guys are bigger than us, it seems to make everyone here want to compete just to be *better* lol. Will u do it?

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
i still give a **** abt smash. in fact i practice whenever i get the chance.

I go by Hungrybox's quote: When u feel down, don't give up. work hard and it will pay off.

abcool

Smash Ace
Sinji if you wanna lead the smash scene there and increase the count. I'll help u out. It's not really hard, once everyone pitches in and lends a hand. Play the matches and post up em. I'll get put em on the ssbahamas facebook page and i'll see where it goes from there.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
putting them up on the ssbahamas facebook page sounds good.

Il let u know whenever i get any vids ^loaded.

Top Bottom