• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jamaican smash thread

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Battle City was fun. A lot of melee and yugioh. I wish there was brawl though. I like melee better then brawl, but I feel like there should have been a set up for brawl considering that their was a t.v. off their.
BTW. who was the girl I saw you with by the bus park before you headed out to battle city?
Well the thing is, they ban Metaknight after Apex 2012 (the tournament I was in). It basically kill the vybes for bothe brawl and melee players. Even though the character is free here, it still kill the vybes, so ya.

The girl is Krystal Chang. A contestant in the miss teen Jamaica event. I love her and hope to be her man one day. Maybe she can come with me to a tournament and support me just like what Mango's girlfriend supported him at Apex or even what Wooble's girlfriend supported him.

Erasor.

Smash Cadet
Well the thing is, they ban Metaknight after Apex 2012 (the tournament I was in). It basically kill the vybes for bothe brawl and melee players. Even though the character is free here, it still kill the vybes, so ya.

The girl is Krystal Chang. A contestant in the miss teen Jamaica event. I love her and hope to be her man one day. Maybe she can come with me to a tournament and support me just like what Mango's girlfriend supported him at Apex or even what Wooble's girlfriend supported him.
Oh zeen. A so it go some time with games. Somtimes the general rulesets doesn't go the way its supposed to be.

and You better get her. You two look good together.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Battle City on friday. I found a new melee player. His name is Otis.

If you need to contact him, here's his number. 472-8958

A.C.

Smash Rookie
Hey my name AC I'm guna be in jamica st Elizabeth for few months looking to play smash is anyone near

:phone:

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
All of the players are in the Kingston area and the Montego Bay area. We are having a one day tournament on January 26 of this year. I play mostly melee, brawl sometimes. We will be having a brawl event but I'm not sure about Melee due to the majority of players being brawl players. I'll bring my Gamecube for melee just in case we will have it. Here's the link for the tourney.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/463473860353283/

Also bring your controller if you have one. We are very limited.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
There are a couple players that still play. I will bring my gamecube on the tournament day. Did you click the link from my previous post? The tournament is Saturday. 1pm 5 Chelsea Avenue. Kingston 10. I cant get you a ride there but if you can make it, it will good.

Cross.

Smash Ace
For some strange reason I decided to come read over this thread and all I can say is wow.

I honestly can't believe it's been 3 years(to the day come Tuesday) since we organized the Friday night casual sessions. So much has changed since then, yet we all remained good friends to this day. Brought together by a common interest we all loved. The more things change, the more they stay the same I guess. Haha.

I read the thread from page 1 and boy did we really have some good times. Lots of ups and downs too but in the end I think I can probably speak for everyone when I say that was a really good time. I've been thinking about the old days a lot recently and now reading all of this stuff over makes me realize how much I miss them. Hard to believe I'm calling Friday Night Fights "the old days" haha. Where has time gone?

Anyways I didn't expect to ramble on like that, hell I wasn't even going to post(couldn't remember my password) but since I did I want to say thanks to Sinji, Tossy, TBM, Ausp and Dakid for making those times so memorable for me. It was a pretty bad time in my life but you guys made me really feel happy. I'm not sure if anyone out of the old crew still checks the thread(cept Sinji of course xD) so maybe know one will see this post, but after reading the thread I felt like I wanted to make this post. So thanks guys, those years are something I'll always remember.

abcool

Smash Ace
Cross, you walking down memory lean already after 3 years lol. It's been 7 on my end. Step your game up son. The Bahamas community has GROWN lol. We are a little scattered though since some of the newer ones went off to school. It has been 3 years since you made this thing...damn son. Fortunately i am still subscribed to this thread to watch you walk down memory lean. Good for you though and goodluck on your endeavours

A.C.

Smash Rookie
All Jamaican players post here with your location and mains and I'll put you on the list. If you know anyone who is interested in playing smash, tell them to join smashboards and post in this thread. The more the merrier!

Player list
Cross :falco:

Tossy :peach:

TehBryMan :falco:

Ausp :fox:

Sinji :fox:

Dakid :marth:

J-Puffy :jigglypuff:

3DE(half the cast)

AC :marth:(melle)
message me achanner2000@hotmail.com

A.C.

Smash Rookie
im looking for the best in jamaica at melle im from london and im here to beat the best but looks like the comunity gone down here anyone on a match message me

Ausp

Smash Apprentice
im looking for the best in jamaica at melle im from london and im here to beat the best but looks like the comunity gone down here anyone on a match message me
I recall you getting beaten :p
Hope to see you again bro.

JahKnows

Smash Rookie
If any of unnu still play, I just created an fb group for Jamaican melee, tryna revive the scene and get some fests and tourneys going in the future. Already have about 8 people living in kingston interested, so pm me for an invite to the facebook group

Last edited:

abcool

Smash Ace
If any of unnu still play, I just created an fb group for Jamaican melee, tryna revive the scene and get some fests and tourneys going in the future. Already have about 8 people living in kingston interested, so pm me for an invite to the facebook group
Link me the facebook group so I can tell Sinji about it (Who is from Jamaica and know these guys personally)

Adestix

Smash Rookie
I just found this thread after hours of searching and I've just seen that this could be dead but I just got here and I finally want to get competitive at melee but it seems the Jamaican scene is dead. The only trace of the scene in Jamaica is here so we can't let it die there's no one in smash amino and 2 people on anther's ladder this was the only place I could think of that has a scene that can live.

Top Bottom