• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jamaican smash thread

Cross.

Smash Ace
When do you think you'll be quiting?
i cant put a date on when im quitting...thats dumb

ill quit whenever i dont feel like playing anymore

im on a break now...i dont really feel like playing serious rite now so who knos when ill feel like playing for real again

btw ggs today sinji i guess my falco is too much for you LOL jk

abcool

Smash Ace
Aight. I put a date on quitting a few times. I came back because it dies when i am gone. The whole scene gone lol. So i was like i'll keep pushing it for awhile until i feel satisfied. Shin quit around the christmas time last yr. He plays because i ask him to.

Like i say if you guys wanna come here and play us in a caribbean smash tourney we would appreciate that. Then you can quit remembering that one time.

Only thing u need to worry about is plane ticket. We right in the caribbean so expect it to be about 250 or less and i am sure you guys will be working before next yr or sometime next yr.

Cross.

Smash Ace
if i leave i can see the scene dying cuz of no where to play tbh, so its a pretty selfish thing to do

anyways im having way more fun with street fighter 4 right now there is more competition but i dont think im ready to quit smash yet. ive only been playing a little over a year anyways.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I found a sweat deal at watts new. there selling gamcube controllers (wired not wireless) around $1000. the only color they got is silver. i might buy it tomorrow.

Cross.

Smash Ace
^ i hate the silver 1s becuz they are bigger than the black ones. an im alredy use to using the black 1s. but meh, i may jus buy it anyways.

and make sure they are legit sinji. u can tell if they r legit if they have nintendo gamecube or not on the top

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
a secret challenger wants to face me. A guy called 3de send a secret message saying i should face him.

Braver69

Smash Cadet
Whats all this talk about quitting? And David is Cross's name right? Why do you want to quit Cross?

Cross.

Smash Ace
its jus something ive been thinking about lately its not like i came out and said yo im quitting

an the reason why i am even thinking about it despite only playing for a year is cuz the game jus isnt fun anymore. it jus feels like the same thing again an again.

anyways im takin a long *** break from playing the game seriously now so who knows maybe when i come back ill feel refreshed and want to play serious again i played for a good while with ausp last night an it was pretty fun

an i jus want to say thanks to tossy for bringing another full set up it really made a big difference.

anyways tournament next week guys an after playin everyone last night its obvious every1 stepped it up so it should be a real interesting one. hopefully i can get the stuff i need to record the vids in high quality before friday and also, im still trying to work on that pretty cool thing i said i might have to show everyone lol

abcool

Smash Ace
its jus something ive been thinking about lately its not like i came out and said yo im quitting

an the reason why i am even thinking about it despite only playing for a year is cuz the game jus isnt fun anymore. it jus feels like the same thing again an again.

anyways im takin a long *** break from playing the game seriously now so who knows maybe when i come back ill feel refreshed and want to play serious again
It seems you are experiencing the effect of not having a scene. You're playing the same ppl over and over. That is why u see me always saying *I need to grow the community* That is the thing that keeps the game alive, finding other ppl with a love for it.

It's hard.... Maybe after ROM 3 You'll be back into it. Just like how Genesis and Pound 4 got me hyped. Not to mention Apex 2...Right now i am playing COD black ops and playing Bloody roar primal fury to keep me from losing interest in smash.

Braver69

Smash Cadet
Well take your break if you have to Cross. Also I'm glad to see you say everyone has stepped it up for the tourney on friday, I'm really looking forward to playing and competing with you guys.

Cross.

Smash Ace
yup every1 has gotten way better dude especially tossy and ausp so it should be a real interesting one(especially since i wont be in it to double eliminate tossy as usual lmao)

i think tossy has a good chance of winning now

Cross.

Smash Ace
Ok guys 5 days until the tournament and i jus want to remind everyone that the tournament is starting at 6:30 sharp so be there or you wont be able to enter. If you absolutely HAVE to be late call me and ill enter you into the bracket and try to delay your match as long as possible. If you still havent shown up and I cant delay your match any longer youll be put into losers. Anyways Ill repost the rules from a couple pages back

Melee Rules

* Stage Striking is in effect and first person to strike is decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on unless agreed upon by both players
* Ties will be broken by stock, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Masterhand is banned
* Wobbling is NOT banned
* Any stage can be played upon as long as both players agree.

- Neutral Stages -

* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Fountain of Dreams

- Counterpick Stages -

* All neutral stages
* Pokemon Stadium
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle

- Banned Stages -

* Mute City
* Corneria
* Pokefloats
* Hyrule Temple
* Flat Zone
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar Depths
* Four Side
* Big Blue
* Yoshi's Island 64
* Mushroom Kingdom I
* Great Bay
* Fountain of Dreams (Doubles)
* Mushroom Kingdom II
* Green Greens

- Set Order -

* Blind Picks character selection.
* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains.
* The first match is played using the stage from step 2.
* Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
* The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
* The winning player of preceding match picks character.
* The losing player picks character.
* The next match is played.
* Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Cross.

Smash Ace
LOL

i just want to say falco is as strong a character as fox marth and sheik, they are not above him nor is any character in the game. If you main one of these character and cry your *** off about matchups u **** suck get better. The only person among us who even has the rite to cry about matchups is tossy cuz he mains peach every1 else mains a cheap character so stfu and stop crying. If your crying abt how difficult there execution is then u STILL **** suk and u need to man up an hit the training room cuz guess what ANYBODY can have fox and falco technical skill, technical skill is all about practice and ANYONE can do it if they want, jus cuz you can do a 1 likkle combo with falco doesnt mean ****, join the other 100000 falco players who can and the other 100000 players that could if they wanted to

LMAO

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
LOL

i just want to say falco is as strong a character as fox marth and sheik, they are not above him nor is any character in the game. If you main one of these character and cry your *** off about matchups u **** suck get better. The only person among us who even has the rite to cry about matchups is tossy cuz he mains peach every1 else mains a cheap character so stfu and stop crying. If your crying abt how difficult there execution is then u STILL **** suk and u need to man up an hit the training room cuz guess what ANYBODY can have fox and falco technical skill, technical skill is all about practice and ANYONE can do it if they want, jus cuz you can do a 1 likkle combo with falco doesnt mean ****, join the other 100000 falco players who can and the other 100000 players that could if they wanted to

LMAO
I guess what cross is saying is, NO COMPLAINTS IN THE TOURNAMENT TOMORROW!!!

everybody do there best.:)

Cross.

Smash Ace
so it turns out i sadly wont be getting the **** to record in high quality before 2marrow

TBM bring your camera if you want to record the tourney vids

Cross.

Smash Ace
yo good **** to tossy for winning the whole tournament and coming from losers bracket to beat sinji 6-1. That was one of the best adapts Ive ever seen in real life. Good ****.

Shout outs to braver for trashtalking like mad and then not even showing up good **** braver and dont let the door hit you in the ****** on your way out

The badnews is...the tournament file got corrupt so I have to post the results as I remember them so be sure to correct me

1.Tossy(Peach)*from losers
2.Sinji(Fox/Sheik)
3.TBM(Falco)
4.Jpuffy(Samus)
5.Ausp(Fox)
5.Eraser(Fox)

Cross.

Smash Ace
^U left your controler dude

Everyone the next tournament will be on December 17th and by then I will definitely be able to record videos in High quality and that cool thing I was talking about, melee custom music will be finished. So yeah get hype i guess?

and i jus want to say smash 64 with dakid was amazing last night holy **** that game is awesome lol.

Circle.

Smash Rookie
Sorry I couldn't make it to the tourney guys, but I just couldn't, just like Braver I.. I don't exist, there, I said it.

Top Bottom