• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jamaican smash thread

Cross.

Smash Ace
why dont you 2 get a room? wow

anyways i feel i should post the rules for the monthly for everyone to see, so we dont have to explain it to the newer players like last time(though they probably know how it goes by now, but still)

Melee Rules

* Stage Striking is in effect and first person to strike is decided by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* Items are set to off
* The stock is set to 4
* 8:00 Timer
* All sets are best of 3 matches
* Winners/Losers/Grand Finals are best of 5 matches
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose the stage they last won on unless agreed upon by both players
* Ties will be broken by stock, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
* The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
* Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
* Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned.
* Masterhand is banned
* Wobbling is NOT banned
* Any stage can be played upon as long as both players agree.

- Neutral Stages -

* Final Destination
* Dreamland 64
* Battlefield
* Yoshi Story
* Fountain of Dreams

- Counterpick Stages -

* All neutral stages
* Pokemon Stadium
* Brinstar
* Rainbow Cruise
* Kongo Jungle

- Banned Stages -

* Mute City
* Corneria
* Pokefloats
* Hyrule Temple
* Flat Zone
* Yoshi's Island
* Brinstar Depths
* Four Side
* Big Blue
* Yoshi's Island 64
* Mushroom Kingdom I
* Great Bay
* Fountain of Dreams (Doubles)
* Mushroom Kingdom II
* Green Greens

- Set Order -

* Blind Picks character selection.
* Stage Striking: Players eliminate stages from the Neutral Stage List until only 1 remains.
* The first match is played using the stage from step 2.
* Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage.
* The losing player of preceding match picks stage for the next match.
* The winning player of preceding match picks character.
* The losing player picks character.
* The next match is played.
* Repeat 4-8 for all consecutive matches as necessary until the set is complete.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I wish they would bring back corneria as a stage. at least make it a counter stage.

Cross.

Smash Ace
of course you do. u main fox.

honestly, i wish they would stop with all the counter stages together, they are gay as hell. wish it was just neutrals.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Yea its gay. Tossy would pick battlefield as a counterpick. so gay. a typical peach player.

Cross.

Smash Ace
O_O

battlefiled is a nuetral stage *****... how is it gay to pick battle field? Im talking about counter stages like Kongo jungle.

lmao at this ***** saying he wants corneria back but calling battlefield gay. seriously? typical fox player.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lmfao you guys are good ****.

this thread is actually hilarious. record vids at your tourny plz i wanna see how you guys roll.
also you guys should try to go to Pound 5, some of the bahamians are going i think.

Cross.

Smash Ace
pound 5 is in the middle of school so i cant go at all

even if it wasnt it would still cost a **** load of money for 1 weekend so idk.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
pound 5 is in the middle of school so i cant go at all

even if it wasnt it would still cost a **** load of money for 1 weekend so idk.
cross is right pound 5 is in the middle of school but genesis next year sounds like my kind of thing. it will cost a lot of money but il see what i can do.

Cross.

Smash Ace
So everyone is definitely making it out this week right? we should have a doubles tourney as well lol, with like 3-4 teams. Thoughts?

oh and btw everyone please bring soda, ill have all the other stuff but soda i need yall to carry

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
So everyone is definitely making it out this week right? we should have a doubles tourney as well lol, with like 3-4 teams. Thoughts?

oh and btw everyone please bring soda, ill have all the other stuff but soda i need yall to carry
Doubles tourney sounds fun, as long as I'm not teamed with either sinji or taj, I don't enjoy 2v1v1 battles.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Im teaming up with Bryan.(next year teams in Genesis me and bryan could happen you never know). Star Fox Lets go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cross.

Smash Ace
talked to ausp on the phone last night, said he may not be able to make it due to personal issues but hes still going to be trying his hardest to come out.

if we have atleast 4 teams we will run doubles, if not the just str8 singles

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Definitely not entering doubles. Not sure about singles yet. I'll prolly decide on the day >_>

Cross.

Smash Ace
lol@ marauder contemplating not enetering singles

"hmm should i randomly enter and get 5th again? Idk"

doubt doubles will happen and maybe its for the better, dont want the tournament dragging on too long tomorrow, just want to get it over and done with.

also ill be making a somewhat important post after the tournament is over for u all to see, take it with a grain of salt.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
just out of curiosity, why dont u guys talk in your dialect ITT?

i dont want this post to come off as a ignorant question, im genuinely interested :/

Bryan500

Smash Cadet
just out of curiosity, why dont u guys talk in your dialect ITT?

i dont want this post to come off as a ignorant question, im genuinely interested :/
because were not actually talking, we all speak Jamaican dialect IRL to each other.

I dont know if i speak for every1 but its hard as hell to type it lol. Its not really a language so we dont actually have an official way how to spell all the words. Sometimes the time I spend thinking of the best way to write one sentence I could have finished my whole post in english.

Some things are easy to write tho and if u read this thread frequently u might have seen us mix in the dialect with the english sometimes. (eg Sinji's last post)

EDIT: oh and me & Ausp are coming tonite and we'll be teaming if were runnin doubles tonite, dont hurt me Sinji :scared:

Cross.

Smash Ace
1:Cross/Sinji
2:Cross/Sinji
3: Tossy
4: TBM
5: Eraser
5: Ausp
7: Spiritt
7: 3DE
9: J-Puffy
9: DaKid

sucks u had to cut early sinji, guess we are left undecided for now.

anyways im taking a break from smash for a while, i dont know how long it will be maybe ill be back for the next tournament or maybe not the next few idk, the game jus isnt as fun for me anymore.

edit: Bryan I thought alot about what you said, and i have to agree. sometimes you have to jus chill and play game. cant always be preeing things the way i was preeing dem. sorry for being so miserable i guess lol. i need to take a break right now, but after i come back it wont be the same.

ill definitely still be holding these fnfs and holding mothlies every month, and im going to see about recording videos in higher quality for next month's.

that being said im not much of a shout out man, but i will say ggs to everyone i played and a special shout out to ausp for stepping it up and getting waaay better from last month. it was truly inspiring man, good ****. also j-puffy you got way better too(I kno you got last in the bracket, but u lost to 2 strong players and played them really well), so good stuff.

next tournament will be on the 19th of november, and will be starting at 6:00 sharp so if ur not here when the tournament starts u get ****. be sure to be on time everyone so we can really get things going.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
It sucks that i had to leave early but if i had to leave late I would not have been able to see u guys next week. a so life go. its just a tournament. we record vids just to learn from our mistakes. edit: and i like how david said 6:00 sharp for the next tourney. Cant bother with the late night ting.

Cross.

Smash Ace
^ dat mi a seh

man dem a mek d ting drag on waaay into the night.

made a little error with the date for the next tournament, its actually the 19th not the 20th. hopefully we can record some hq vids. and if all goes the way i want it too, there will be something really cool.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
because were not actually talking, we all speak Jamaican dialect IRL to each other.

I dont know if i speak for every1 but its hard as hell to type it lol. Its not really a language so we dont actually have an official way how to spell all the words. Sometimes the time I spend thinking of the best way to write one sentence I could have finished my whole post in english.

Some things are easy to write tho and if u read this thread frequently u might have seen us mix in the dialect with the english sometimes. (eg Sinji's last post)

EDIT: oh and me & Ausp are coming tonite and we'll be teaming if were runnin doubles tonite, dont hurt me Sinji :scared:
Cool.

i feel you on that. But if us bahamians had a thread, i'd never talk in english. english sucks.

Top Bottom