• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jamaican smash thread

Cross.

Smash Ace
sinji thanks for coming over today and reminding me how cheesy as hell you really are

stay gimicky *****

i suck at smash now though...bryan is gonana **** me free in my current shape haha

lookin forward to playing some good games this week...but i think we all know that aint gonna happen

so...idle doubles as usual anyone?

abcool

Smash Ace
Umm. I just wanted to ask is if your wii online? if so maybe we can download the lastest brawl+ codeset and have a few doubles matches. I know the lag sucks and it maybe ********, but i would like to try and breath fresh air back into jamaican community. I can maybe record a few, but it would look crazy with all the lag. If not, we can link up on monster hunter for the wii and quest together. Hit me up if u guys are interested.

Cross.

Smash Ace
if wii online wasnt *** then maybe

and also brawl+ is *** as well i hate that game with a passion

monster hunter is amazing though, but my net is horrible.

I think tossy plays so hit him up

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
lol, I don't play the us version of mhtri :X didn't bother to get it, and I play freedom unite on adhocparty occasionally, so yeah.

abcool

Smash Ace
Yeah. I know brawl+ is garbage. I hate it to, but vbrawl is even more fail in my eyes. Melee can't go online so yeah, stuck with nothing. I guess it was worth a try.

Cross.

Smash Ace
yo bryan i told u that u aint gonan run over anyone free round these parts!

good **** though man you got way better

btw *** teams

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Apparently I forgot to post that I left the country.

I feel like an *** now. I'm in America now, I'm not sure when I'll be back. It was great hanging out and playing with everyone; even if you guys did make fun of me in the end.

I'll come around again when I'm back.

Cross.

Smash Ace
yooooooooo merkuri we werent makin fun of u!

we were jus makin fun of how u get hype for no reason basically lol

anyways see u wen u get back bro!

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah, see you whenever you return Hinata. (Still lol at how Sinji managed to bring this name out of nowhere)

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Haha yeah, see you whenever you return Hinata. (Still lol at how Sinji managed to bring this name out of nowhere)
First of all when merkiri mentioned his real name I thought he said hinata.

Im going to start recording vids so bring your A game on friday.

abcool

Smash Ace
Well sinji, upload something. I wanna see where you guys are in terms of melee and so does the rest of the bahamian players. I kinda hype you guys up alot and i wanna be able to present atleast one match. Bad quality or not, a match is a match.

Cross.

Smash Ace
yo if ausp is in town this week(which he should be) an eraser shows up

we running a bracket

and well record it fo sho

as long as bryan brings his camera and we dont have to use sinjis ****ty fone quality

and also, if we actually get these 6 players we can do the 3v3 thing we did a few weeks ago with actual serious players.

Cross.

Smash Ace
yo tourney was mad fun

congrats to sinji for takin 1st

u came hungrier and practiced harder than me and deserved it

ggs bro i had a really good time in grand finals lol

RESULTS
1.Sinji(Fox)
2.Cross(Falco)
3.TBM(Falco,Doc)
4.Tossy(Peach)
5.Maruader(Roy,Marth)
5.Obrian(Ganon,Falco,Marth,Shiek)
7.JP(Jigglypuf,yoshi)
7.Dakid(Marth)
9.Phillip(Falco,marth)
9.Craig(Falco)
9.Ausp(Fox)

Cross.

Smash Ace
hahaha...i played mad nervous in losers finals... rolling around like a scrub and missing all my combos

NOT looking forward to seeing that lol

Cross.

Smash Ace
every month if anything

yeh i guess we can do that if yall really want but no filler please

only dudes that really want to get better

abcool

Smash Ace
Umm, so far i noticed you guys are very technical. Sinji wasn't what i was expecting, but he suprised me alot. The way cross speaks, it's like he just picked up melee, but he definately doing things. Seem to have a player here jealous, not gonna call names lol. Yea though I respect u guys. I just wish we could have crew battles and overall one big tourney. I would like to know who would be the champ at the end of that.

Keep it up though and trust me i'll make these ppl here watch it. Cross i like that run off return double laser edgeguard...i felt you used it to much and sinji might have caught on to it or got lucky at times. sinji i like how u use perfect wavedashes and dash in with shine, but please follow up with a jab and continue with a thunders combo..i saw alot of chances vs tbm, cross teched a few shines so i could see why it wouldn't have worked.

Overall nice vids :p

Cross.

Smash Ace
abcool thanks for the critique and yes me and sinji are both" technical" players so to speak.

i learned everything i know from watching florida falcos(chops/shiz) so thats who i modeled my style after overall in this set tho i realized i wasnt playin as technical as i usually do probably due to nerves. an yeh my edguarding was a$$ this set way too 1 dimensional. overall i can see exactly what i did wrong an feel i could have played it MUCH better(way too auto pilot) i doubt it will go this way the next time :p

i have been playing since summer 09 right after genesis(which is still the best melee ive evr watched) it was the genesis vids that got me into it. i was a brawl player before that.

yeah caribbean tourney wud be dope jamaica would lose in the crew tho haha

oh an dont think sinji is the best, me him an tossy(probably tossy a little worse) are all basically the same level.

overall the videos look as mediocre as i thought they would but i guess they can only get better

abcool

Smash Ace
Like i say to smashers here most of the time. *Don't compare yourselves to american players* The reason i say this is because unlike us they have a developed community and active tournies and therefore ppl cause put smash into *list of things to do* and practice schedule. We are the ones with a small amount of players and a not so tight metagame. So when u see your vids, BE PROUD. How many other caribbean islands or some countries with no community can say they can do this stuff and play ppl on equal skill level, not much. So just upload vids and evolve. It's gonna be limited i guess, but better than nothing.

As for tourneys or where i started from. Ken back in mlg. I think him vs pc chris.....That was the best ever!! I mean i watch most vids with him and he ***** everyone. m2k struggled and always came back stronger, but ken doesn't let **** slip that easily, but pc just gave it his all and won and from then i was trip over competitive smash...wayyy to **** good, shows how hard work and excitement plays a huge role in smash. Hype is everything in this game also.

Edit: Are there any vids of tossy..I think he mains peach and shounenkel would like to give tips in that department. I also wanna see what he is capable of.

Cross.

Smash Ace
comparing to the american players isnt a bad thing imo cuz they are the best and they set the standard pretty much so why would i aim for anything but the best? if im not comparing my falco to shiz/chops/mango/dr. peepee then who should i comapre it to? and im pretty sure practice is a regular part of mine an sinji's atleast schedule i dont kno about the other players an i doubt it cuz they constantly miss combos and mess up. how can i be proud of bein mediocre? i cant jus be proud of bein a mediocre player jus cuz no other caribbean island is as good as us or w/e.

and i also believe we can become solid players if the people here would really grind out there execution till they are technical as hell and stop relying on gimmicks to win an try to play the matchup solid. alot of people around here jus rely on knowin the player an there habits since we play all the time rather than actually knowin the matchup. we wont be the best but we atleast will be solid. i would even be happy if everyone jus became super tight with there execution and stopped missing **** cuz that is something we can do without havin a super prominent tournament scene if dudes wud jus put in the practice but i guess that is also too much to ask. anyways this is jus how i feel if u disagree abcool, which u have with pretty much everything i said in the past when it comes to community and tourney scene or w/e jus disagree lol.

and no there are no vids of tossy only winners losers and grand finals got recorded and he got eliminated by me in losers semis so he didnt get recorded. he has been on the same level since may tho an he doesnt need any tips what he needs to do is stop this fukry an really sit down an dig deep and try to get over his slump. but oh well.

i also want to ask u straight up if u feel the Bahamas is better and ur best players would be beat me/sinji. Shin is ur best player right?

oh and one more thing i shud mention is that if u are serious about havin a tourney with our players it is possible if dudes are willing to travel. from jamaica to the bahamas shouldnt be as expensive and its really not unrealistic to think that we would fly out to compete with u guys in a tourney if we can. its cheaper than goin to america, in our "region" so to speak an has players pretty much on our level so we hav a good shot at winning(u may disagree i guess haha). dudes in america travel to different states to compete all the time so i dont see why its impossible for us to travel an compete in our region which is the caribbean.

Top Bottom