• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Jamaican smash thread

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Hey guys I'm pretty sure I remember the way to the house. Is it ok for me to just open the gate and come in by myself? I feel weird without asking.

ToSsy

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I'm pretty sure I remember the way to the house. Is it ok for me to just open the gate and come in by myself? I feel weird without asking.
You want to get ****ed up by his dogs? Anyway, you can call me and I'll call Cross to let you in.. or you could just call him if you have his number, I'll pm you mine.

Ausp

Smash Apprentice
Well after 2 pages of talking about Tossy's beard, its gotten tired.

No one mentioned the zombie intervention that occurred, that very strange night... The beard is partly to blame.

Cross.

Smash Ace
asup no

no1 is to ever speak of dat event ever again lol

anyways the 3v3 sucked yesterday cuz it felt like no 1 gave a ****+ we basically were having a 2v2.

sigh

oh well hopefully smash is better this week

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
shot outs to maurader winning with roy (best roy in jamaica) the savior for our team.

Im going to try out ice c and practice his grab combos. dont laugh on friday when im using ice c.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Sinji da best!!!!!

Y'all couldn't handle ma boy's Fox.

Sinji for president.

EDIT: Shout outs to Roy.

Cross.

Smash Ace
So im thinking

when TBM comes back and Ausp finds a place in town we should start holding weekly ranbats. maybe around January or something idk. I dont know if merkuri will be here after summer but if he is then we will be looking at some good comp for these ranbats.

and if every1 wants to put money together and buy a recording thingy to post up the vids we can.

idk tho depends on wat everyone wants

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
Sounds like a plan, and we can have sinji to commentate, hahahahahahaha.
Yea right. I cant even talk strait patwa. So no i wont commentate.

and yea im going to step up my game when we start recording vids.

Humph the whole world will realize the tru potential of the jamaican smash community.

Cross.

Smash Ace
yo ausp good games today

u let ur execution bother u too much the world wasnt built in a day

u say ur practicing at home so continue practicing and trying it out in real matches and u will develop good execution

same thing is happening to me in street fighter 4 right now

Cross.

Smash Ace
what u postin dat for ***** u plan on goin?

genesis 1 was the most amazing melee tournament ive ever watched in my life tho. its what made me start playing melee lol.

Sinji

Smash Master
NNID
Sinjis
3DS FC
0361-6602-9839
I wish i can go to genesis but i only have one family member that lives in cali. which is my uncle. Im graduating next year so il asks my pops if i can go.

Cross.

Smash Ace
i am jus waiting for byran to come back honestly he has been on my mind since our last battle wen i came out on top an he told me he is gunning for me wen he comes bak

after that is unknown if we even get to play with him

an after that i will say *** it cuz the interest aint there not for smash not for street fighter not for blaze blue so *** it

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Well, you're right in the sense that the competition out here is pretty ***, but I still think it can be considered competitive gaming. As long as players out here have that desire to learn things about the game that go past the surface and to use their characters at the highest possible levels, it can be considered competitive.

What's the matter? The community getting you down again?

Cross.

Smash Ace
but there is much more to it than wat we hav going now and the type of player u described barely exists among us. there are maybe 4 of those players counting me and you 5 tops.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
You're right that there's few players here willing to treat the games as such but even those players should be rewarded or at the very least recognized.

Me, you, ToSsy, Ausp, Sinji, Jervis, Kyo, and Eugene all have that passion to be great. How much people out here really put the community down? Not as much from where I stand.

Cross.

Smash Ace
i dont put some of the players u put in that list cuz nowhere near all of them have the passion you think they have

and how many people put the community down? not much, but guess what? thats the majority.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Well, so life go.. I always thought those players had good attitudes to their games more or less >_>

Majority? How much people really and truly bring it down? I don't know some of the guys as well as you might so enlighten me.

P.S. Don't count Shelly in your list.

Cross.

Smash Ace
it doesnt matter if some have "good attitudes"(what ever that means) but some of those players u listed dont have the passion it takes to get as good as they can be.

but yeh suh life guh jus live with it or shut the *** up

im not going to list who i think "bring down" the game

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
it doesnt matter if some have "good attitudes"(what ever that means) but some of those players u listed dont have the passion it takes to get as good as they can be.

but yeh suh life guh jus live with it or shut the *** up

im not going to list who i think "bring down" the game
Ah yeah, sorry bout asking you to list. Stupid move.

And by good attitude, you know what I mean. They want to get better by almost any means necessary, but it makes no sense we talk about this cuz we'd argue for days.

The real question is if you're just gonna STFU.

Cross.

Smash Ace
actually ur the one that needs to shut the *** up cuz u were the one that asked me about all this. I shut the *** up a long time ago

and as i said before i dont think everyone on ur list wants to get better by all means

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
When I said STFU I kinda meant if you we're gonna just quit and done.

And you know them better so I'll go off your opinion I guess.

abcool

Smash Ace
Lmao!! Nah man don't give up hope. When project M comes out we can link up online. In fact if u guys got ya xbox or ps3 online you can play street fighter 4 with some bahamians here. Online is the next step for ppl that barely have a gaming community. Other than that i say put matches online. Then show it to some friends or let the rest of the community around the world see that jamaican tech skill and mindgames. Then the community will slowly grow with more exposure.

Top Bottom