• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Interview Thread, Currently Interviewing: Gano

tibs7

Smash Champion
This is pretty much in every character board except ours, so due to popular demand (lol) we now have one!

Rules: (straight from tink boards <3)

* No harassing, but you can be playful.
* Nothing too personal
* No flaming
* Proper grammar and spelling (you don't have to but would be appreciated :))
* **** drama
* You can ask questions that are about gameplay, strategies, goofy stuff, real life, whatever! Just follow the stuff above!

The Process
You guys will decide who gets nominated simply by posting who you'd like to interview.
Once we arrive at a conclusion as to who is being interviewed, you will have a week to post questions. After a week I'll put them together and send them to the nominee.

Completed interviews will be posted on the OP.

Begin!:)

Felix Interview http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=285875&page=3

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
i'm down to do an interview, but i also want to see gnes and istudying if he has a smashboards

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Felix is getting a lot of recognition for his recent placing at mlg (as he should be :D) so I say Felix.

tibs7

Smash Champion
haha yeah felix dominated.

we'll start questions today then!

dead line for q's will be next Friday the 17th.

Choice

Smash Champion
felix you got some pretty nifty diddy kong tricks. some of em i can understand how you came up with them but others are just like "how did you figure that out?" so how did you figure them out? like what was the thought process behind it?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Rainbow cruise da bess?

Do you have any secret tricksies you'd like to share with me ^.^?

On a scale of 1-10 how good of a peanut shooter are you?

Do you love me?

Count

Smash Champion
Would you use Falco if you ran into another high level Diddy in tournament?

Why are you always sad?

What was the most fun part about MLG Raleigh?

Choice

Smash Champion
do you know where you want to go to school next year? are you gonna be in WA still?

banana->banana->??

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Felix do you ever get nervous in high pressure situations?

If you DO get nervous how do you deal with the nervousness?

If you DON'T get nervous how do you prevent it?

tibs7

Smash Champion
its midday friday over here atm, i dont know time difference but i think ill send them at about midday on friday American time.

so get those questions in quicky guys. :)

Kipo

Smash Rookie
How do you deal with the metaknight matchup?

What specific tricks do you use in said matchup?

What do you try to look for to read and punish in this matchup as well?

What else do you also read in other matchups that aren't already common? (rolling, trip followups, etc.)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i dunno if i can still squeeze it in for felix, but what made you decide to main diddy kong?

tibs7

Smash Champion
felix is like the coolest guy ever!

tibs7]Sorry for the late q's =/ [COLOR="DarkOrange said:
[/COLOR]
just chuck your answers underneathe each question with a color youd like :) (not white plox).
NP
question:
Why washington like seriously?
WA is ballin'. More of a community than most other states.

When did you start playing competitively?

After I won an online tourney with my pit. LOL I was scared to go to offline tournaments because I would embarrass my self, which ended up doing anyways.

How do you practice (with friends, go to tournaments, by yourself, etc.)?
I use to practice online when I was really bad, and then I practiced with a couple friends as I met new people. Once I picked up diddy, I practiced tech skill by myself and found a lot of really cool things with diddy. Now (since my wii broke), I mainly practice at one of my friend's houses, mondays at Gameclucks, or at tournaments.

felix you got some pretty nifty diddy kong tricks. some of em i can understand how you came up with them but others are just like "how did you figure that out?" so how did you figure them out? like what was the thought process behind it?
Silent wolf and Eggz had the coolest side b platforms canceling tricks in melee, so I wondered if you could do that in brawl. then I figured out the side b-side b on platforms and it looks hella cool haha.

I also did some theory craft in Japan because I was bored as hell in school. sitting for 8 hours and doing nothing but listen to japanese i didn't understand, but then I got to talk to people during breaks so that was cool. I think diddy has a semi infinite wall jump with the peanut reverse, but I cant do it every time. you can wall jump to reverse peanut to wall jump again if you do it at a specific time. I never really watched videos and the one thing I learned from smashboards was glide tossing and L cancelled throw.

Rainbow cruise da bess?

DSF planked me there and I lost round 2. =[

Do you have any secret tricksies you'd like to share with me ^.^?

Diddy can cancel the lag in his dash-turn around animation with a jump cancelled throw. *shrug*

On a scale of 1-10 how good of a peanut shooter are you?

I'd give myself a 9. Peanuts=mk matchup

Do you love me?

adhd will
how2own?

know how to use your character. know everything about 'em.

10owns
What is your worst and best MU?
Why do you think you do so bad and good in those two, respectively?
olimar and snake.

I can't find an efficient way to get pikmin off me and attack back at the same tine. I can't differentiate one of his smash charging animations from another. IDK i'm terrible at this MU unless i get lucky gimps.

no good snakes in WA. the only one I ever played I could combo to 80% with dumb stuff and kill with a spike. I had to relearn the matchup at raleigh but I think I am getting better at it. grenades suck.

Would you use Falco if you ran into another high level Diddy in tournament?

Most likely. I don't enjoy diddy dittos.

Why are you always sad?

I use to have a really bad lisp, so I pretty much avoided talking for several years. Then, I tried to do speech therapy or w/e to make it better. It worked for the most part, but I'm still not much of an avid talker, so I keep my mouth shut, which makes me look sad.

What was the most fun part about MLG Raleigh?

The hype for my matches haaha. It was REALLY cool because we NEVER get this in WA. Also, meeting new people and playing against them. that was really fun.
Do you think that Diddy will become the best character in the game?

If mk gets banned, no. Diddy does well vs. mk compared to most characters. Diddy is 2nd at best, but will drop lower if mk gets banned I think. Too many gay characters will rise up.

Are you interested in coming to Europe?

Si, pero no tengo dinero. =[
do you know where you want to go to school next year? are you gonna be in WA still?

I want to go to the UW, but if I don't get in, i'm either going to SCC or some school in CA.

banana->banana->??

dsmash
Felix do you ever get nervous in high pressure situations?

yeah. all the time. It's easier to concentrate when people aren't talking about me though, or yelling stuff.

If you DO get nervous how do you deal with the nervousness?

usually I talk back to the people LOL. probably the most distracting way.

If you DON'T get nervous how do you prevent it?

:(
how did you choose the username Felix?
I came across this cool videotape with cartoons on it. I found a really cool one, and I made the main character my tag.

How do you deal with the metaknight matchup?

peanuts and patience.

What specific tricks do you use in said matchup?

walk away- jump fair when they glide at you. idk why but it works haha. Idk, you kind of have to figure the matchup out for yourself. You notice more things the more you play it, and there are too many to say.

What do you try to look for to read and punish in this matchup as well?

when they land on the ground. particularly behind me, or when they used their tornado.

What else do you also read in other matchups that aren't already common? (rolling, trip followups,
etc.)
Falco sucks at killing, so just have a full shield and be on the ground and you can most likely rack up damage from it.
i dunno if i can still squeeze it in for felix, but what made you decide to main diddy kong?
Pit is a bad character. I started trying to think of new ones, and then I told my friend Nerd to main diddy kong. He wanted to main TL, so I picked up diddy kong, and the bananas really annoyed my friend busy. After that, I just liked the combos he could do, like banana-dash attack-up tilt-uptilt-air. or dash attack spike when it still worked haha.

any tips on m2k? habits?
He'd hate me if I shared. :\

what was lee doing different to m2k that made him harder?
He played smart/aggressive. I also never played him before, so it was hard for me to get used to his playstyle in time. 3rd match I almost had it, but then i got gimped for the first time in tournament. :\
lee too good.

will you be going to any other MLG's?
Yeah, DC.

are in you interesting in going to Japan next year to compete in RAIN's tournament?
I would love to go to japan, but I don't have enough money.

how old are you?
I turned 17 in July.

you should come to Australia sometime yes?
Kangaroos are tight.

underated players at the moment?
Nerd (from my state). t0mmy (when he tries).

underated characters?
pit, wario, DK, sonic, luigi.

is the lag on those MLG TV's that bad?
not really. people just like to complain about their losses.

have you ever eaten a 'meat pie' before?
nope and don't plan too.

sex or smash?
depends on how old I am. ;P

Player-1

Smash Legend
felix is the wc version of me, i swear XD.

btw, you can infinite wall jump w.o b reverses, but you just won't get any vertical movement idk if that's what you're talking about

Player-3

Smash Hero
wow me and felix both turned 17 in july

maybe i should play diddy kong , i would be pretty good at this game

tibs7

Smash Champion
Yeah, we can start voting if you want.

I vote Dekar still.

P3 you're terribad at this game.

Top Bottom