• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Interview Thread, Currently Interviewing: Gano

tibs7

Smash Champion
Even if he is bad he's an absolute champion (I've heard). Soo yah go go Dekar :)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
terrible people that are popular want to be interviewed too :laugh:

/hopeformyself

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
What? Dekar has one of the most unique diddy playstyles I've seen. Plus I'd rather hear from the players like him that aren't as hyped up as ADHD and Gnes

Gnes

Smash Master
I'll vote for dekar lol, he would be alot more popular if the diddy gods favored him instead of letting people time him out every tourney.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I guess you guys are right, I want to know how dekar got ***** by a sonic too.
Fixed it for you.

Everyone seems to forget he beat me first round with a SHIELDBREAK.

Shieldbreak.

A shieldbreak.

He broke my shield.

I guess I'll do an interview. Haven't been too active on the boards. HW + hyperbolic time chamber go

sai_:)

Smash Ace
So can we start asking dekar questions yet? He's got the most votes and stuff

DFEAR

Smash Hero
co18, charged upsmash, u died...what were u thinking D=?

diddy's most underrated move?

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Dekar do you ever get nervous in high pressure situations?

If you DO get nervous how do you deal with the nervousness?

If you DON'T get nervous how do you prevent it?

Any personal tips to share on getting better?

Count

Smash Champion
Most players autopilot involves mindlessly glidetossing bananas. Yours involves going out of your way to do stupid technical stuff, which actually might get you punished worse. What can you do to stop this?

How do you improve with a tiny scene in your area and not playing wifi?

Why aren't you ever on aim anymore? (i'm not either :p)

Dekar173

Justice Man
co18, charged upsmash, u died...what were u thinking D=?

diddy's most underrated move?
Oh if only I WERE thinking hahaha.

I'm not sure what's worse- the fact that I got hit by it, or the fact that had I DI'd at ALL I would have survived lmfao.

"Oh no I suck!!!" was probably the first thing that came to mind.

Espy, sonic, u got timed out...what were u thinking?
The people cheering him on to time me out in the background was one of the main things I was thinking about.

Not dtilt that's for sure lmfao

Dekar do you ever get nervous in high pressure situations?

If you DO get nervous how do you deal with the nervousness?

If you DON'T get nervous how do you prevent it?

Any personal tips to share on getting better?
Not so much nervous as anxious. When I know who I'm supposed to play, I want to play. I hate waiting. I'm impatient ;p

I once got nervous against M2K, and that was at MLG. I don't believe I handled it as well as he did ;P

I've been gaming competitively for roughly half my life, it just doesn't happen any more.

Practice, practice, practice, practice, find your groove and never let it slip away. If you feel yourself slipping into autopilot or mindlessly playing slow yourself down midmatch, or after a poor performance splash water on your face, slap yourself, close your eyes and rest for a minute, anything to get yourself back into tempo.

A great method for taking my mind off the game in between matches and allowing myself to think is by bringing a bouncy ball to tourneys and bouncing it around in between, or by watching a match and counting how many times a player uses "X" move.

The bouncy ball thing my friend who plays SC taught me, it helps a lot :)

As for getting better ... Practice, think about what you're practicing, think about who you're practicing against and what they could do to improve, and never give up. Generic advice, but that's because it holds true in anything you do.

Most players autopilot involves mindlessly glidetossing bananas. Yours involves going out of your way to do stupid technical stuff, which actually might get you punished worse. What can you do to stop this?

How do you improve with a tiny scene in your area and not playing wifi?

Why aren't you ever on aim anymore? (i'm not either :p)

What I can do to stop this is sitting still and not doing it lmfao. Thank you for reminding me of this and what I need to do to improve :)

For improving, I mainly work on technicals (which may be why I'm so horrendous with doing random stupid **** midmatch). I can do absolutely anything Diddy is capable of, on a whim. I tell you this right now not as a cocky person, but because this is what I practice. I have success against other players because I am more technically capable than they are, usually this is why I win and not actually because I am smarter than they are lmfao.

Of course, I still occasionally play with my local friends, but nowadays it's typically all items on with random bs stages <.<

AIM?! I'm never on because I'm always playing League of Legends :X bahahaha. I really should play some Brawl now that it comes to mind...

Top 5 worst characters to face off against?

Metaknight, anyone else I absolutely love to play against, to be honest.

Do you ever platform cancel in tournaments?
How often do you practice by yourself?

Such a silly question :)

Used to practice alone all the time, now I rarely do primarily because there's no Brawl scene here in Albuquerque D:

whats your favorite diddy AT?

Single naner lock :D

tibs7

Smash Champion
but snake is pretty gay to play against deks.

i have more q's for you but cbf right now.....
tell m2k to be more sociable kthx

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
what's yo numba?

and less importantly, what is your approach to the mk and snake matchups?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ive never seen him post before. not sure if he speaks english, or if hes a visitor of smashboards even. itd be kinda cool to interview him though

Top Bottom