• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The International Mario Combo Video

Shök

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah I know it's taking to long, and Super Mari0 is not getting on the boards that often. Hmmmm, I wonder if something is wrong, has anyone talked with SuMa?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
this board is starting to sound like a game of clue lol

maybe SuMa got taken out by colonel mustard...

in the library, with the revolver.

:-p

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
yea he just vanished, I wonder what happened.

Oh yea not to change subject...but I am lol.

Super Mario Galaxy music is so sexy.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
might I suggest someone else pick up the editing for this? If someone else does pick this up I can put all my combos in a bundle that way it will be go a little quicker... Also I have a pretty wide collection of music (Just got a new CD as well) and a few Mario related songs we could use...I personally think unless someone else picks this up it's probably not going to get released by Brawl

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
...Im working on it... Itll be done before the Brawl release!!!

Its just a real pain in the *** checkin all Videos through in YouTube and downloading them and cutting them...
Ive had some issues with my PC... I hate making Combo Videos >__<
But Im gonna work on it
Sorry for the huge delay

Shök

Smash Champion
Wow, that's a relief to hear from you again SuMa. Yeah but thank's for the update!

iMichael

Smash Lord
This vid still isn't out yet? I've been waiting forever....I'd be in it, but....i don't want to lol

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
With Brawl American release about oh...4 days now...maybe? This might as well be canceled

I would like to thank...myself...seeing how every project I am even remotely involved with gets Delayed/Canceled/Forgotten way to go me...you useless pile of dookie

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
With Brawl American release about oh...4 days now...maybe? This might as well be canceled

I would like to thank...myself...seeing how every project I am even remotely involved with gets Delayed/Canceled/Forgotten way to go me...you useless pile of dookie
Lol, I love you too Monk ;).

I hope it is out before brawl realease. :(

Shök

Smash Champion
Lol, we were so close. I guess you didnt make it SuMa.

Shök

Smash Champion
No. It's ok guys. I just want to know what SuMa has to say about this.

Shök

Smash Champion
Hmmmm, maybe, but we dont know. So how is Mario in Brawl?

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I really wish people would keep their brawl questions for the brawl forums, it's not like they dont exist :(

But anyways.

Here's my take of brawl mario

__

You pick mario, and you mess around with colors and realize he has the **** *** fire flower outfit

So you'll either pick that, or your "melee color" (I actually never specific colors for most of my characters, so i went with whatever)

Anyway, match starts.

first thing you'll notice is that obviously, all of the advance techs are gone. Now, crying about them individually means nothing, but all together causes the game to be far less mobile.

So you go to do a f.air.

First thing you'll notice is that your target flies away. You'll be like "OMG WTF DOC", but what they actually did was gave you a DK/IC-esque f.air, in that if you hit them from the top, it meteors. If not, it hits them away.

Kinda kool, i guess.

So next thing you'll do is be like "Hey, do my old mario tricks work?"

So you'll FH over somebody and do a d.air. You will then be confused and look down at the controller. If you have a buddy, he will be like "What?" and you'll say "I've never done this in 5 years, but i think and slipped at hit the b button". So you'll do a d.air again, and again, you will get ______. You will be confused.

Your friend will tell you "Dont worry, that's what everybody said when they did mario's d.air."

Mario's d.air is the mario tornado now. Gay.

D.air -> u.air still works, but you cant pass through to lift with the u.air. You have to hit them with the bottom part of the d.air, cause the hands of at the end of the d.air knocks people away.

Well, next thing you're going to do is be like "Well if that's Mario's d.air, wtf is his d.B?"

So you'll press d.b, and you'll be greeted by one of the failed super soaker projects from the early 90s.

Meh.

So then, you'll do one of 2 last things.

You'll either

1) Go the manly route and try to figure out some "combo stuff", in which case you'll sh u.air. And then your friend will be like "Hey, mario can do that twice in one short hop now". And then you'll cream your pants.

or

2) you'll go the gay route and mess around with fireball camping. You'll notice the game is soooooooo frickin floaty that you can jump forward, throw a fireball, and land BEHIND where you started jumping. WHILE STILL DOING MOST OF YOUR FIREBALL TRIXIES (all excluding wavelanded fireballs, and fireball -> dj d.air is different now). But you will be amazing at the camping possiblilities, because not only is it easy for you TO camp, you know that without all of the extra kool melee ****, it's harder for people to get around it safely.

... for the record, i went route #2 first.

__

And then you'll mess around with everything else and find that nothing else is really worth writing home about and that's the end of the story.

Fin.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
...was there a need for that long of a post? you could have just done this

Mario is great...with the exception of Fludd...Fludd is gay...have I mentioned how gay Fludd is?...well it is
that would have been enough...

everything about Mario in brawl is good

Uair- Still auto cancels
Dair- Quick way to rack up damage/send people away
Bair- Best move in the god **** game
Nair- Still sexy
Fair- seeing how Mario is floatier you can actually jump way the **** out to kill with this and make it back
Fireballs- spammable...you have no idea how spammable these are
Cape- Still the cape...you can still turn around recoveries as long as you jump off the level
Upb- Imagine Doc's Up-B grab range...but better...yeah
Fludd-...next subject
Smashes- Can kill more often

Tha_Shogun_12

Smash Journeyman
Lol, well i've actually found F.L.U.D.D. and DAir to be awesome!! DAir has NO lag, afterwards, I mean NO! lag so it can go straight into an UAir or NAir. I basically use if or a mindgame when i'm behind a shield blocking opponent and they try grab and I follow it with an NAir. if they're on mid-range of me and I catch them with it, I can go straight up UTilt or UAir, and UAir Blind them on lowdamages.

F.L.U.D.D. is another mind game, and works if your opponent is defensive/rolls, stay right out their range and dose them, the first thing they're like is WTF and block or roll again, usually an opponent never attacks after a F.L.U.D.D. attack.

FLUDD (i'm tired of putting the periods) can keep Ganon and Falcon from Sweet spotting too cuase it can knock them out of grab range of the ledge and since it does no damage the can not Up B again and try a second attempt.

And you are right, fireballs are very spammable on brawl, they are VERY sexy this time around, I just think it's cool too that Mario has a store attack now and he's all flashy looking. ;) And yea, my favorite is the fireball suit with Mario.

d2Law89

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PolarUrs
3DS FC
1263-6319-5484
Disgusting. Why are we talking about Brawl in a Melee combo video thread?! You guys make little children cry at night. In fact, you make me cry at night.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Disgusting. Why are we talking about Brawl in a Melee combo video thread?! You guys make little children cry at night. In fact, you make me cry at night.
P1: Talking about Brawl in a melee thread makes children cry
P2: Talking about Brawl in a Melee thread makes d2Law89 cry
C1: d2Law89 must be a child

Quiet kid
----
Just kidding I love you...no homo though

Top Bottom