• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

M@v

Subarashii!
Hey guys, I'm moving to Maryland for a job. I'll be working at Ft.Meade. I don't play smash seriously anymore (may come back for smash 4), I'd be down to get involved in MD/VA smashfests. I can play melee or brawl :)

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Fort Meade is reasonable driving distance to Xanadu, where we have weekly smashfests and monthly tournaments. The smashfests are Tuesday evenings and the next big monthly is June 22nd. Even if you don't play seriously anymore you can show up to the tournament just to hang out and meet the local players.

M@v

Subarashii!
Knowing me, I'll probably enter the tourneys anyway with no practice just to see where I'm at. Heck, last time I entered a tourney with almost 0 practice was apex, and I made it into bracket there lol.

noobird

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to be at William and Mary for 8 weeks starting June 8th (without a car) - anyone know of places close by that would have smash?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That's pretty much where all smashfests/tournaments are discussed nowadays. We do Xanadu in Arbutus every Tuesday and smashfests at our apartments most Wednesdays if you're trying to come to something.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well for one thing, I kinda wanted to apologize for some of the stuff that happened in the past. And yeah, I do want to. It'd be good to get back into things before smash 4 really takes off.

I'll check out the facebook group soon.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
So after much coaxing, I'm going to give this online dating thing a shot for lulz. I'm very tempted to put this as my tagline:

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ʀᴀɪsᴇ yᴏuʀ ᴅᴏɴɢᴇʀs ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Good idea or bad idea?

#RaiseYourDongers #dollars4dongers #DongSquad420

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So after much coaxing, I'm going to give this online dating thing a shot for lulz. I'm very tempted to put this as my tagline:

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ ʀᴀɪsᴇ yᴏuʀ ᴅᴏɴɢᴇʀs ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Good idea or bad idea?

#RaiseYourDongers #dollars4dongers #DongSquad420
There's no possible way this plan could backfire.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
So though I have no intention about prattling on about my dating life, Brett will appreciate this.

So obviously I didn't go with Raise Your Dongers for the tagline to my online profile, but I had no idea what to put. I racked my brain, trying to think of a single, snappy phrase that would encompass all of who I am: a narcisistic pretty boy gamer with an affinity for music. Eventually, I had an epiphany - a wave of relief, followed closely by a wave of revulsion as soon as I had relialized what exactly I was about to ask of myself. But there was no turning back now, I had no better idea. It was my only course. I was forced to use it.

This is what I put as my tagline.

"That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit".

That's right. That line. From that mother****ing song.

**** that song and **** Smash Bros for getting its stupid theme ingrained into my persona.
I wanna make a supersonic man out of you
I feel nauseous thinking about it.

Top Bottom