• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

D

Deleted member

Last year we went to Buffalo Wild Wings in a bigass group and got a table for 12 as The Legion, I'm pretty sure that was at least partially Life-Canceling.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Smashing and hanging out are two different things. You COULD categorize those activities as Legion activities, but then you'd have to consider non-Legion Smashers participating as well. There's no working around this; one or multiple activities which Legion takes a part in will have to be abandoned FOR Legion :troll:

Oh and I'm gonna start taking this game a teeny bit more seriously by adding "winning" to my list of goals to accomplish during a match. If anyone wants to get me up to speed again, that'd be awesome :D

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
9K playing to win ... I'll believe that when I see it.

Mike is coming over on Wednesday so he may be able to give you a ride back to Greenbelt.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Last year we went to Buffalo Wild Wings in a bigass group and got a table for 12 as The Legion, I'm pretty sure that was at least partially Life-Canceling.
Would like to point out B Dubs has tables with outlets on them. I've played smash at Buffallo Wild Wings many years back with a small portable TV and a cube while eating wings. Fun times. :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
9K why are you talking to yourself?

Anyway, hope to see everyone here tomorrow night. The next two Legionary Wednesdays are gonna be big. We need to get in some training to properly represent our region at PMS3.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Yeaaaah boy.

We made it to sector 6. Had the beginning three, and 4 other people (total crew of 7, max you can have is 8!), as well as the starting missiles, blast lasers, heavy laser (a more powerful version of the blast laser, but has one shot instead of 3), and an Ion Blaster, but we got ****ed up by a Zoltan Cruiser (**** their shields and me running out of missiles!). Brett was a max level captain too! myself, cmart, and our other human Sophie that we picked up were level 2 in weapons, shields, and engines respectively.

It was my best run so far though. The Imperial Legion was a badass. RIP ;_;

EDIT: Time for the runthrough of Bair City. Vist will obviously be captaining this run, with Adam on weapons, and Nate managed to find his way back from the deep recesses of space to take up shields again.

The next ship will probably be "You Gon' Finish That?" with Count Kaiser at the helm, and Guy and 9K doing...something. I might have to put them in rooms without systems in them. They might steal parts from the engine room and the like. Can't wait to see how that one turns out.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Nate you are really damn unlucky. I was salvaging a wrecked ship for parts, and another floating ship crashed into the one we were searching, and you got knocked into space, never to be heard from again. We still got away with spoils though sooooo....I guess it wasn't all bad?

Welcome to your new home: deep space.

EDIT: Well the good thing is your teammates only got one more sector ahead before being killed. That was a damn good run, by far the best weapons set I've ever had, but I was running on less than 25% hull for an entire sector due to the unluckiness of not having a store (I've had about 70 scrap onhand so I could repair the hull, just couldn't find a damn store to save my life).

Bair City made it to sector 4, but if I had found one goddamn store, I bet they could've made it to maybe sector 5 or 6.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I played FTL yesterday. It was my first time so I played on easy, but I made it to the second phase of the final boss. If I had been able to repair between the first and second phases, I think I could've beaten that one, but he took out the repair depot on that turn. And anyway it looked like there was at least one more phase to the battle.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Yeah there's one more phase to the boss, but it's significantly easier than form 2. Screw form 2's power surge of a billion drones.

I've been going on easy runs to unlock more ships. I did unlock the Kestrel type B, and it's pretty badass so far. I've been really looking forward to the Stealth Cruiser (because it looks badass and stealth is godly) and the Mantis ship (because I just recently found out boarding **** is fun as hell).

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
We almost beat it again using the Big ****. Died on the last phase of the boss because we were already on the repair station we wanted to use. You were a badass mantis boarder too. You and another mantis and a rockman and a crystal did work.

We also unlocked the Zoltan Cruiser, so next time this happens, we might have to take that out for a spin.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
FTL is a fun game. I played it once at a friend's house and made it to the 2nd stage of the final boss. Probably could have beaten it if I figured out the strategy a little faster. The soundtrack is pretty cool too.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
On my 2nd playthrough I got jack, very little scrap the whole game and no opportunities to upgrade my weapons (still had the starters for the final boss), so yeah, I went down pretty quick in the first phase.

My 3rd playthrough though, I got a pike beam (1 damage but long beam length) early and rolled with that + burst laser for the first 2 sectors and it worked great, then got a halberd (normal beam 2 damage), so I replaced the pike beam with that, then picked up 2 ion blasts over the next two sectors. The ion blasts only use 1 power so I was able to roll with all 4 of those things and it was fantastic. Got enough scrap to fully upgrade my shields and engines too, and I pretty much rolled the final boss. Also unlocked the Zoltan ship along the way.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Good lord the Stealth Cruiser is hard as **** starting out! Any encounter with drones spells almost half of your hull unless you really know what you're doing.

Might as well rename this to the competitive FTL thread or something.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
1. Is she hot?

2. Is she easy?

My third question depends on your answer to the first two.

EDIT: Either the mobile version of the new site blows donkey ****, or SOMEONE ****ED WITH MY SPOILER TAGS!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
1. Yeah, plus major bonus points for being a nerd.

2. That's a pretty messed up thing to ask dude. You should know I'm not a "one night stand" kinda guy.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Well to be fair; whether or not someone is easy isn't strictly relevant to 'one night stands'. One or both persons involved could have potentially strong sexual desires. There are other possiblefactors that contribute to one being sexually vulnerable, but those, as with the aforementioned, aren't the case here, so I'll leave this be. Though, it's at least somewhat beneficial to keep in mind that while it isn't in good taste to answer such a question -- let alone ask it -- doing so doesn't mean that you're into one night stands.

Also, congratz and whatnot, and to reiterate myself, good luck.

P.S: Anyone wanna Smash / hang out this weekend and / or give me a ride to and from Xanadu? (Sucks being able to drive and not having a car...)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Why don't you ask in the MD/VA Melee group on Facebook if someone from College Park or near DC can pick you up from the metro? There are a lot of smashers that you are on the way for.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm not sure about Dew, but she did proudly proclaim herself to be a carnivore. That definitely gets some cool points right there.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Me and a friend are interested in showing up tomorrow for practice and ****s

Not that it matters, I'm just sayin'

Oh, and I was wondering, do you guys ever record/stream games at these? I coulda sworn I've seen one before...

Top Bottom