• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Imperial Legion, MD/VA crew. Xanadu Tuesdays, Legionary Wednesdays

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Who's the black private ****
That's a sex machine to all the chicks?
Shaft, ya, damn right

Who is the man that would risk his neck
For his brother man?
Shaft, can you dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out
When there's danger all about?
Shaft, right on

They say this cat Shaft is a bad mother
Shut your mouth
But I'm talkin' 'bout Shaft
Then we can dig it

He's a complicated man
But no one understands him but his woman
John Shaft

:phone:

D

Deleted member

...random FE discussion?
i just play too many ****ing games. i've definitely done tales, fire emblem, and pokemon references in the last month.

and a little smash. but **** that game.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I see everyone pretty much stopped playing league... except Matt who is only using warwick.
Chuck's got a job now and I've been working ungodly hours for the past few weeks. Still at work now actually. Haven't touched any video game since last weekend.

Seb's been on though, dunno what his excuse is.

Also as much as I kinda enjoy Doom, I'd never play it over League if given the choice. And now it also has to get by BlazBlue CS Extend, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Raphael Calibur V. And hyperbolic Smash tech training.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Chuck's got a job now and I've been working ungodly hours for the past few weeks. Still at work now actually. Haven't touched any video game since last weekend.

Seb's been on though, dunno what his excuse is.

Also as much as I kinda enjoy Doom, I'd never play it over League if given the choice. And now it also has to get by BlazBlue CS Extend, Kingdoms of Amalur, and Raphael Calibur V. And hyperbolic Smash tech training.

I've been spending what little time I have to play video games lately to trying to finish Mass Effect 2. I've got over 32 hours into that game, and the next game comes out on March 6th, and I pre-ordered it. I've been going to bed by 10:30 every night this week, so there has been little to no league.

I'll be playing again soon, but a friday/saturday league night is not out of the question in the coming weeks. Just got to let me know when you guys get on. I'd rather play with the crew than randoms.

D

Deleted member

...I just want to play magic with you guys.

well, "play" i guess lol

quinnydinny

Smash Cadet
Yeah, probably going to going to get Mass effect 3. Still only halfway done with 2 though. I have been playing a ton of swtor. Having a lot of fun with it and most my office is on the same server. I had to kill HK-47 and beat the **** out of revan the other day. I committed suicide after because i felt like a terrible person. Also have to play some more Kingdoms sometime...

D

Deleted member

I have to learn Magic first before I can "play" it in any sense of the word lol.
magic at low level is easy, you just pick something broken and roll it because bad players can't outplay you.

i could probably borrow my friend's deck and you'd crush everyone horribly because it's super degenerate with only an hour of play experience.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Hey, Yahtzee just reviewed Kingdoms of Amalur. The verdict? "Baby's first Skyrim"
"Baby's First ____" is a very odd comparison because no single player game is really that 'complex' at all. Comparing the complexity of two single player non-competative games is absolutely baffling. That and Skyrim is a buggy piece of **** that even my most apologetic Elder Scrolls friends (trust me, I have quite a few of them) absolutely hate. But Yahtzee is still same ol' charismatic Yahtzee so I'm not actually mad at him and once again he has great points (other than the baby's first comment) XD. Anyone else and I'd give them a good slap with my peenor. Even the PMBR could program **** better than the programmers that worked on Skyrim.

Think the programmers of Sonic 2006 still has everyone beat though.

magic at low level is easy, you just pick something broken and roll it because bad players can't outplay you.

i could probably borrow my friend's deck and you'd crush everyone horribly because it's super degenerate with only an hour of play experience.
Great let's do that then! It's like learning how to play Brawl with Metaknight.

Or Project M with Zelda.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Comparing the complexity of two single player non-competative games is absolutely baffling.
This statement is absolutely baffling. Single player games can have varying levels of complexity, "competitive" or not. Especially RPGs. Some games are harder than others.

Also, it sounds like your "most apologetic Elder Scrolls friends" don't actually know much about the Elder Scrolls series. Bethesda is renowned for making extremely buggy games. Every Elder Scrolls game is a bug-ridden piece of crap when it is released. Being primarily a PC series, the community typically releases their own patches to fix Bethesda's handiwork and make it actually playable. The only difference with Skyrim is that they're pushing it on home consoles, where community patches are not a possibility. So yeah, if they're trying to play Skyrim on an Xbox instead of the vastly superior PC version, I feel sorry for them. (Come to think of it, I think I read somewhere that the PS3 version has a game-breaking bug that makes it literally unable to be finished) Either way though, that's their own fault. Bethesda has done no worse with Skyrim than they did with their previous games.

Bandit

Smash Lord
"Baby's First ____" is a very odd comparison because no single player game is really that 'complex' at all. Comparing the complexity of two single player non-competative games is absolutely baffling. That and Skyrim is a buggy piece of **** that even my most apologetic Elder Scrolls friends (trust me, I have quite a few of them) absolutely hate. But Yahtzee is still same ol' charismatic Yahtzee so I'm not actually mad at him and once again he has great points (other than the baby's first comment) XD. Anyone else and I'd give them a good slap with my peenor. Even the PMBR could program **** better than the programmers that worked on Skyrim.

Think the programmers of Sonic 2006 still has everyone beat though.

Great let's do that then! It's like learning how to play Brawl with Metaknight.

Or Project M with Zelda.
Got a couple super broken decks for lower level play. Upper level play they are only fringe level competitive as they have upgraded versions (such as inserting a bunch of power 9 or just other card combos I deemed so stupidly good not to put it in). 1 of those decks has made Brett pretty much want to quit whenever I break it out. It's a 3-turn type of deck that after 3-turns, you should've won or made the other person forfeit. It's fun on my side because I built it with a lot of my own research but I just found out what most people do when it comes to Magic: it's already been done.

Either way, here is my best advice to you concerning breaking into magic:

- Look at the different tournament types and pick one. Each type has its own banned cards or limited cards and unique rules that will make decks work or not work depending on the type of game. Most of what Brett and I build are Vintage decks (we omit the power 9... if you don't know what that is, you will). I'm actually more interested in Legacy if I move forward with my decks as a base to build around.

- Standard is another type that relies a lot more on strategic play than anything because it only involves the latest block of sets. These cards are way more balanced than older cards, so it makes deck building more interesting. Oddly enough, limiting your resources from what you pick from can be more fun than unlimited.

@QuinnyDinny

Tomorrow, when I get home from work, my only goal is to get Mass Effect 2 pushed as far as possible. First time I'll get to play since Monday, and even then, I only had like an hour to play. Jobs suuuuuuck (well, at least when it comes to finding time for video games).

9Kplus1

Smash Master
> Does daily stalking of this thread
> Sees everyone talking about stuff that I've never played in my life

I need to either broaden the comfort zone that I've created for my preference, and thus choice of video games, or eliminate it altogether. I mean, the only competitive game that I'm truly committed to nowadays is Pokemon -- and Gen IV is dying a valiant, but horribly sad death (though, the next ST is in a couple of weeks...). Grrrr, so League is really easy to pick up, right?

quinnydinny

Smash Cadet
Tomorrow, when I get home from work, my only goal is to get Mass Effect 2 pushed as far as possible. First time I'll get to play since Monday, and even then, I only had like an hour to play. Jobs suuuuuuck (well, at least when it comes to finding time for video games).
I guess, but I still play a ton of games. I think in the last 2 weeks I have done 5-6 hours a day with working, but that's pretty much ignoring everything else. I like working. I would probably go crazy if I wasn't working, but what really annoys me is when you do a bunch of work on a project and then it is just ignored and unused. It's awesome.

Bandit

Smash Lord
I guess, but I still play a ton of games. I think in the last 2 weeks I have done 5-6 hours a day with working, but that's pretty much ignoring everything else. I like working. I would probably go crazy if I wasn't working, but what really annoys me is when you do a bunch of work on a project and then it is just ignored and unused. It's awesome.
I will see where all my work the past 3 days is going for my work soon. I'm auditing their entire product line for electrical quantities and finding a mess of other problems along the way (over ordering or over paying parts & labor for houses). If they implement any of the stuff I propose, they will instantly save money, so they have no reason not to use it.

EDIT:

If a Legion Member VIP is interested in seeing a heavy metal concert, let me know. There is one on May 15th that I am very interested in going to see. The Agonist, Blackguard, Kittie (headlining) and Bonded By Blood. $15 a ticket and it is located at Baltimore Soundstage.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Vaguely interested in seeing Kitty, haven't heard of the rest of that lineup
The Agonist is all that I've heard of. I've listened to the others after seeing the show listing and Blackguard sounds fantastic (melodic death metal), Kittie was interesting as they actually seem like the lightest of the bands there, while Bonded By Blood has one of the more unique vocals I've heard in awhile (good or bad... I don't know...).

Edit:

My friend Kevin and I just bought tickets to Iron Maiden & Alice Cooper on June 30th! BOO-FREAKIN-YA!!!!

Bandit

Smash Lord
Another Concert I saw that looks good:

Paganfest @ Sonar in Baltimore
March 29th
$17 ahead, $20 at the door
TURISAS, ALESTORM, ARKONA, HUNTRESS, DERANGED THEORY, FALLEN MARTYR, YESTERDAY’S SAINTS

One last concert I've found:

GWAR
April 21st @Sonar
$20 ahead, $23 at the door
Others will be there but ... its GWAR!

cmart

Smash Lord
Reverse trap cosplay? I mean you can apply that to anything. I want in-game canon trappage. I refuse to lower my standards

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure you couldn't apply counter trap logic with Snake.

If there's proof otherwise, please don't show me. I'll just concede the argument graciously.

Picky picky though. My search continues.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
9K, cmart and I are going to Xanadu tonight. You wanna come? If so, there's a $5 venue fee, and we'll pick you up from the Savage MARC station at 5.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Lmao, I thought that you were saying it was you, cmart, and 9K going and was directing your post at the last poster (in this case yours truly). I did think it was odd that you mentioned MARC station when I have a car lol. My bad.

Top Bottom