• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Holy Pwnerers - No longer an active crew.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lol @ Magus!

Slayer, I agree with you, and so does every single other person I've talked to about teh_spamerer. He doesn't give friendship much value and isn't a very loved or loving person, so games and stuff >> people to him. It's kinda messed up. I mean, I still want to be his friend, but getting on my case for valuing my job, education, and girlfriend more than Smash is just insane.

Even M2K doesn't go that far.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Slayer, I agree with you, and so does every single other person I've talked to about teh_spamerer. He doesn't give friendship much value and isn't a very loved or loving person, so games and stuff >> people to him. It's kinda messed up. I mean, I still want to be his friend, but getting on my case for valuing my job, education, and girlfriend more than Smash is just insane.

Even M2K doesn't go that far.
When I want to do something, I want to do it right. So sorry about actually wanting to concentrate on it to make sure I do it well. I never even mentioned your job or your education, so STFU about that. And you have the rest of your life to spend with someone, skipping the last FC and 0C that used SSBM is just dumb. Visit some other time.

And apparently your "job" doesn't pay you any money because at the Smashacre on August 4th you "needed the money" more than me and you refused to do money matches you agreed to last Saturday because you only had $1.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
When I want to do something, I want to do it right. So sorry about actually wanting to concentrate on it to make sure I do it well. I never even mentioned your job or your education, so STFU about that. And you have the rest of your life to spend with someone, skipping the last FC and 0C that used SSBM is just dumb. Visit some other time.

And apparently your "job" doesn't pay you any money because at the Smashacre on August 4th you "needed the money" more than me and you refused to do money matches you agreed to last Saturday because you only had $1.
Everyone wants to do things well dude, but the way you go around video games are different dude. Like, Inui is in the same group as me. It's Work, School, and for his case A girl > Smash. That's the way it has to be. And yea, inui is right when m2k doesn't even go as far as you dude, and hes makin a lot more money playing this game than you will ever do before brawl comes out. And your logic is ****ed up dude. Hes obviously saving money over playing money matches, and if you were talking about my life with my girlfriend like this, "And you have the rest of your life to spend with someone, skipping the last FC and 0C that used SSBM is just dumb. Visit some other time." I would **** you up in person without hesitation. Don't even try and argue that smash is more important than that. Those are words of disrespect.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I didn't "skip" the last FC. I begged for rides and bought a pass and everything. No ride. And no, I'm going to the extreme of taking a bus to Newark and then a Greyhound alone. I did indeed skip OC. I can only see Jennifer and Ivan once a year, which is something that won't ever change, so I spent the time with them instead. Ivan is my best friend and Jennifer is like a sister to me. They >>> any game.

My job pays me enough. Just not enough to let me save up for much, especially since I can only work two days now. I do have a savings acount, and extra goes in there, not for Smash.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Everyone wants to do things well dude, but the way you go around video games are different dude. Like, Inui is in the same group as me. It's Work, School, and for his case A girl > Smash. That's the way it has to be.
You might want to read everything I say instead of just part of it.

me said:
If you prioritize other things to be more important than smash, that's fine.
I NEVER said there was anything wrong with what he did. And correct me if I'm wrong...the point of being in a smash crew is to play smash. I never said he was an idiot for doing what he did, I was just saying if he'd rather do other stuff than I don't see how I'd belong in the crew.

And yea, inui is right when m2k doesn't even go as far as you dude, and hes makin a lot more money playing this game than you will ever do before brawl comes out. And your logic is ****ed up dude. Hes obviously saving money over playing money matches, and if you were talking about my life with my girlfriend like this, "And you have the rest of your life to spend with someone, skipping the last FC and 0C that used SSBM is just dumb. Visit some other time." I would **** you up in person without hesitation. Don't even try and argue that smash is more important than that. Those are words of disrespect.
Unless he's going to get fired or his girlfriend has a terminal illness, visiting the weekend before or after is hardly something anyone should get offended by lol. Assuming he works at the NJ minimum wage and works part time(not sure if he does either) he'd make 143 a week. If he planned out his money, I don't think it's insane to expect him to go to both FCD AND visit his girlfriend.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you truly believe that someone can't both have a life and play Smash, then don't join any crews at all, since nobody else feels the way you do.

I make $8.50 and hour, but only work ~16 hours per week. And I have to pay for half of the cell phone bill and my own food.

Metal_man69

Smash Cadet
Everyone wants to do things well dude, but the way you go around video games are different dude. Like, Inui is in the same group as me. It's Work, School, and for his case A girl > Smash. That's the way it has to be. And yea, inui is right when m2k doesn't even go as far as you dude, and hes makin a lot more money playing this game than you will ever do before brawl comes out. And your logic is ****ed up dude. Hes obviously saving money over playing money matches, and if you were talking about my life with my girlfriend like this, "And you have the rest of your life to spend with someone, skipping the last FC and 0C that used SSBM is just dumb. Visit some other time." I would **** you up in person without hesitation. Don't even try and argue that smash is more important than that. Those are words of disrespect.
Could you please explain why those are "words of disrespect", because I honestly dont understand why someone would get so offended over what was said. Its Spamerer's opinion and you shouldn't take it so personally.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Could you please explain why those are "words of disrespect", because I honestly dont understand why someone would get so offended over what was said. Its Spamerer's opinion and you shouldn't take it so personally.
I'll give you that. Your right, what I said is my opinion and spamerer is definitly intitled to his own opinion. But in my opinion, it is a sign of disrespect, cuase Im looking at it from this perspective. A crew is supposed to be made up of friends, and if not friends people who get along together. Your right spamerer, a big reason for a smash crew is to play smash, but I wanna see when it comes to you, having some prior arrangement like...a family get together, then a week maybe you start work, or hell even a relationship. I hope your crew starts fighting with you, then eventually kicks your *** out. It's called being respectful to others business first, then your own priorities, which in this case is obviously smash, second.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
If you truly believe that someone can't both have a life and play Smash, then don't join any crews at all, since nobody else feels the way you do.
Actually, I truly believe voluntarily skipping 6 of cheezit's tournaments, FCD, 0C3, and possibly other tournaments means that you don't care too much about the game. And that's it. I don't see anything wrong with missing tournaments every now and then but you missed a lot of them. Now if you had finals coming up or something, I'd say that's fine. Doing well in college is practically essential unless you want to flip burgers at McDonalds. But here...I'll be nice. Step down and make LK the crew leader and I'll stay.

EDIT

@slayer - It's not JUST tournaments he missed...he barely played smash over summer at all. If Inui had been actively playing the way LK was when LK couldn't go to tournaments because of his dance practices, I would have no objections with him as a crew leader.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
If you're going to squander your summer by willingly not playing smash, that shows a lack of dedication to the game.
If you prioritize other things to be more important than smash, that's fine. Just don't expect me to do the same.
Hmm...I'm seeing a pattern here......Oh wait no I dont, cause you're ****ing hypocritical. Don't insult the way I read **** when you can't even ****ing string your posts with the same ideals.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Hmm...I'm seeing a pattern here......Oh wait no I dont, cause you're ****ing hypocritical. Don't insult the way I read **** when you can't even ****ing string your posts with the same ideals.
There is nothing hypocritical in what I said. The first quote says not playing smash means you're not dedicated to the game. The second says there is nothing wrong with not being very dedicated to the game, just don't expect me to also not be very dedicated.

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
@slayer - It's not JUST tournaments he missed...he barely played smash over summer at all. If Inui had been actively playing the way LK was when LK couldn't go to tournaments because of his dance practices, I would have no objections with him as a crew leader.
Hahahahahahahaha, oh my god you didn't just ****ing say that. Ok cool now I get to counter this **** with you being just straight up ********. Dance classes = School, Job, Girlfriend? Are you that dumb? Obviously LK would make more tournys and fests, you know why? Becuase it's a dance class!! And seriously, the way you talk about how he barely played smash over the summer is getting really awkward. You don't seem to be the type of person to hang out with your crew outside of smash.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Hahahahahahahaha, oh my god you didn't just ****ing say that. Ok cool now I get to counter this **** with you being just straight up ********. Dance classes = School, Job, Girlfriend? Are you that dumb? Obviously LK would make more tournys and fests, you know why? Becuase it's a dance class!!
LK's dance classes were on Saturday's(typical tourney days.) He also missed Smashtality III to go to his high school prom. His dance classes started during the school year, not summer. And LK also has a girlfriend. So let's see...LK is going to school Monday-Friday, dance classes for a # of hours on Saturday, has a girlfriend, and still played significantly more smash than Inui. I'm pretty sure Inui didn't go to college over summer, but I could be wrong.

And seriously, the way you talk about how he barely played smash over the summer is getting really awkward. You don't seem to be the type of person to hang out with your crew outside of smash.
Ok? Is there supposed to be some point to this? :confused:

edit: ROFLMAO, nice post Magus, how did you do that? I thought you needed to have a certain # of words in a post.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You did other things instead, I doubt you would have keeled over dead if you missed those instead .
Uh huh. One of those was going to see my girlfriend for the first time on the only weekend her mother was willing to do it, so yeah, screw a tournament. For two of them, I was scheduled to work. For another one, my girlfriend came up here on her last chance before school meaning a huge time gap between seeing her again. I was in CA during another. And, the most recent one, I had no ride.

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
Uh huh. One of those was going to see my girlfriend for the first time on the only weekend her mother was willing to do it, so yeah, screw a tournament. For two of them, I was scheduled to work. For another one, my girlfriend came up here on her last chance before school meaning a huge time gap between seeing her again. I was in CA during another. And, the most recent one, I had no ride.
:bandit:

ZING!

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
i smell super smash bros DRAMA. just MM and get over it.
I dont money match to settle this kind of arguement. I would if there was a gap of skill that needs to be proven, but this is a non-smash related arguement, real life ****, something spamerer needs to get through his head.

Xeorogue

Smash Ace
I dont money match to settle this kind of arguement. I would if there was a gap of skill that needs to be proven, but this is a non-smash related arguement, real life ****, something spamerer needs to get through his head.
nah, MM>life.

I like this idea, let me MM Inui :)
MM> life.

doublepost? I THINK NOT!:laugh:

Lord Knight

Smash Lord
BTW it wasn't dance classes, it was cotillion practice. I did dance though. >.> 4 hours every Saturday, then almost daily practices after I got out of school until June 30 or something.

Stop arguing over stupid ****. This is kinda gay. Kashif just stay in THP plz, because if you leave and Lucas gets rid of it, I'm not following you into another crew or making one.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
you guys are crazy i dont make nearly as much money as you think, ive had a lot of **** stolen in Cali, the 1450 dollar missing-skybus incident, plane tix, bad luck with a lot of scenarios, so basically ive only made a little over 10,000 dollars in the 2.5 years ive been playing due to a variety of different reasons

you all act as if im rich, for the time i put into this game i made like 2 dollars an hour, and don't forget all the time im doing stat tests or writing down strategy ideas. That's 4 times less than what working makes, and proportionally less than what other top pros make or have made, so don't act as if I'm lucky or rich, I save most all the money I got.

Top Bottom