• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Man I really wish I was in Japan. This looks so fun ;(

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Man I really wish I was in Japan. This looks so fun ;(

Alright well here's another set of pics to fancy your tickles :)

https://twitter.com/mgbr_mt/status/1132869065880379393

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I may check one more time before bed but that'll be it from me for now.
This seems like a nice slime to see around:

Calane

Smash Ace
Well, I'm super late, but happy Dragon Quest Day! I guess I'll post a picture as well!

Erdrick.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't know who the artist is. I just randomly came across this image one day.

Edit: The artist is Navigavi.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Oh, cool! Thanks for letting me know! I'll fix that right now.
No worries:

The DQ love just keeps on coming, I'm starting to lose stamina rofl.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Still hope this day ends with Erdrick/DQ Hero Smash announcement.
This much love and hype on this day in Japan is making me really really hopeful for this.

Edit: Probably 20h/10pm will be the great hour as it will be 10am here and is one of the times Nintendo usually choose for they announcements.(Or is 11am? I'm not remembering well as I use to see the Pacific Time and translating to my timezone and the translation I think was 10am.)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Still hope this day ends with Erdrick/DQ Hero Smash announcement.
This much love and hype on this day in Japan is making me really really hopeful for this.

Edit: Probably 20h/10pm will be the great hour as it will be 10am here and is one of the times Nintendo usually choose for they announcements.(Or is 11am? I'm not remembering well as I use to see the Pacific Time and translating to my timezone and the translation I think was 10am.)
Currently its 3:26 PM over in Japan. Holy ****.

Also: https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1132891374146207744?s=19

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Yup easy peasy ;p

Found some Solo&Sophia cosplay:

:)
This reminds me that Shoko Nakagawa/Shokotan, a famous singer, actress, voice actress and a die-hard fan of Pokémon, JoJo, Tokusatsus and, of course, Dragon Quest, have a Dragon Quest party cosplay group. Every time that is a Dragon Quest event there's a good chance of her posting photos from the group on her Twitter.
Also her Avatar Pic is a pixel art Bubble Slime version of her face.
https://mobile.twitter.com/shoko55mmts/status/1132950597617967106

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So I came across this about Sakurai. May not be too much but still cool :)

I was gonna post that one later but im glad you beat me to it because i can post some gals instead. well i will later.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
So I came across this about Sakurai. May not be too much but still cool :)

I was gonna post that one later but im glad you beat me to it because i can post some gals instead. well i will later.
What's amazing is how there is still DQ stuff being released.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
My brother just said that the president of SE said that they have no plans to put Sora in Smash.
I looked on Twitter and it's real.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
My brother just said that the president of SE said that they have no plans to put Sora in Smash.
I looked on Twitter and it's real.
It could just be his way of answering that question, since they can't say that he's in.

But it definitely doesn't look good for sora fans.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Thanks, I was trying to learn how to put tweets in my answer like everyone do, instead of just posting links.
Once you have the link of a tweet (in the address bar when you're viewing a tweet on twitter), on smashboards' reply box just click the three dots next to the smiley (it's called 'insert'), and if you click on 'media', you can insert the twitter link in there and it'll show up as a tweet. ;)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Well anyways, while this could potentially be a handwave. Its possibly legit and could bring Soras favour down considerably. Is the square server talking about this at all?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well anyways, while this could potentially be a handwave. Its possibly legit and could bring Soras favour down considerably. Is the square server talking about this at all?
I'm sure it's going to be a topic of debate for a while. About if it means something or nothing.
It's already not that interesting to me tho ;p

D

Deleted member

The Sora thing is quite surprising if true, I think its better just to wait and see. I liked Sora honestly and was one character that would be cool but I think maybe theissue here is Disney.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The waifus of DQ. No Sofia tho
Yeh, I didnt see anything new of her. There was one of solo tho:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just tried using the hashtag, it gives some great results
Ya that's basically what we looked for last night. There were thousands of tweets tho so didn't share everything XD
It's cool that there's still a lot of dragon quest tweets even today, but i guess it makes sense if people were mostly celebrating before ;p

NomadLuminary NomadLuminary I found some Sofia pics but they're from february:

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Ya that's basically what we looked for last night. There were thousands of tweets tho so didn't share everything XD
It's cool that there's still a lot of dragon quest tweets even today, but i guess it makes sense if people were mostly celebrating before ;p

NomadLuminary NomadLuminary I found some Sofia pics but they're from february:

Cute af
IMG_20190527_120339.jpg

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Talking about Twitter and hashtags, if you put any tag linked to Hoshi no Dragon Quest, like #星のドラ for example, a little Slime appear next to it like #MHW on its release had a Rathalos head.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The rate of tweets has gone down by quite a lot now. At least now i know how to check for japanese dq tweets ;p

Last edited:

andree123

Smash Ace
Yeh, I didnt see anything new of her. There was one of solo tho:

Same artist, but hilarious female Erdrick.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Found from the Banjo thread.
Well... those people don't like Erdrick, do they, hahaha. Gave a little peek and regretted it. Shame since I support Banjo too.

That said, one thing I have been seeing a lot is the mobile game being seen as the jump news, I find that unlikely, since its earlier than the jump release, particularly I don't think its Smash either.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well... those people don't like Erdrick, do they, hahaha. Gave a little peek and regretted it. Shame since I support Banjo too.

That said, one thing I have been seeing a lot is the mobile game being seen as the jump news, I find that unlikely, since its earlier than the jump release, particularly I don't think its Smash either.
Yeah some people are pretty harsh on characters they dont know getting in.

I also think like you that it isn't the mobile game, because they said the DQ news would be 'surprising'. Well, in any case, looks like most of the japanese games ill have been covered before e3, which is a good thing since it leaves any worldwide announcements for it :)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Thanks, I was trying to learn how to put tweets in my answer like everyone do, instead of just posting links.
I actually kinda wish people wouldn't do that, because when you click the thread to "view new posts" is always loads the tweets after for some reason which pushes you backwards several posts so you're not actually at the first new post anymore. An in a thread like this where half the thread is twitter posts lately, it means I have to scroll halfway down the page to get back to the new posts.

At the very least, I wish people would put tweets in spoiler tags or something to prevent that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom