• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayumi Tachibana

Smash Ace
Someone found a japanese poll, I think inspired by the ballot that released its result the other day. They might've been influenced by it at least a little bit too because the characters like Sora, Steve, and Crash and more got a lot higher than i would expect for japan. Tho also the total votes is 1394 which isn't super high, but still something. Dragon quest hero is in 3rd place. It shows the DQ1 hero, but i think it's for DQ in general.

https://twitter.com/R_Gamer_Takeshi/status/1126060567385366528?s=19
This poll was for expectations not wants. And it was held in a small youtube channel's comment section. You needed to state your reasons for your guesses. The comment section is already closed so it's a shame you can't see what were written on there.
Steve and Yuusha got votes for obvious reasons. Sora was popular mostly because of KH3's release and the likes from the west. They're fully aware that DQ is only Japan thing so many are skeptical about those Erdrick leaks.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
This poll was for expectations not wants. And it was held in a small youtube channel's comment section. You needed to state your reasons for your guesses. The comment section is already closed so it's a shame you can't see what were written on there.
Steve and Yuusha got votes for obvious reasons. Sora was popular mostly because of KH3's release and the likes from the west. They're fully aware that DQ is only Japan thing so many are skeptical about those Erdrick leaks.
Oh, got it! Yeah, Japan is very aware of western popularity and consider it a defining factor, for some reason. (although judging from the characters revealed so far, I don’t think they’re wrong).

I’ll be honest though. Sora has been my #1 worry from day one.
For some reason I feel nothing puts him down for good. I mean, there’s that rumor that because of him being confirmed leakbait, the list of 7 was leaked. But other than that, maybe it’s the amount of supporters he has, and the fact that he too has a link to the word “Brave” but it seems nothing puts him down.

Still, is this a fan poll?
I still believe in every sign that points to Erdrick. They can’t just ditch a character halfway through and start another from scratch... I mean wouldn’t it be easier to negotiate both?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Oh, got it! Yeah, Japan is very aware of western popularity and consider it a defining factor, for some reason. (although judging from the characters revealed so far, I don’t think they’re wrong).

I’ll be honest though. Sora has been my #1 worry from day one.
For some reason I feel nothing puts him down for good. I mean, there’s that rumor that because of him being confirmed leakbait, the list of 7 was leaked. But other than that, maybe it’s the amount of supporters he has, and the fact that he too has a link to the word “Brave” but it seems nothing puts him down.

Still, is this a fan poll?
I still believe in every sign that points to Erdrick. They can’t just ditch a character halfway through and start another from scratch... I mean wouldn’t it be easier to negotiate both?
It's all fan polls. This one only had over 1 thousand votes.
I dont know of any big sites that do surveys like famitsu. havent seen anything smash-related anyway.

Sora definitely has popularity. Doesn't mean sakurai would necessarily want him in smash before other characters tho.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So FFVII Remake. Pretty great, doncha?
Well...it LOOKS good.

But I'm still worried that they've completely changed genres from JRPG to some kinda KH/FF15-style action game. And if that's the case, I just have zero interest.
Well, what worth take note too is that in Japan they tend to take those pools more as prediction pools then as the ballot.
I mean, that's pretty obvious by the fact that "Gen 8 Pokemon" is on there, and people don't even KNOW any Gen 8 Pokemon that they'd be voting for yet.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I believe still regardless of the adversity (by Sackchild)
Never give up! never surrender!
but things are still looking good too ;)

Well...it LOOKS good.

But I'm still worried that they've completely changed genres from JRPG to some kinda KH/FF14-style action game. And if that's the case, I just have zero interest.
It looks mostly action combat, so i guess you wont like it ;p

I'm a big fan of action rpgs, but i'm actually kind of bored of cloud, so unless i can play all the other characters i might be not as into it.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

I'm a big fan of action rpgs, but i'm actually kind of bored of cloud, so unless i can play all the other characters i might be not as into it.
There was a time when Final Fantasy was literally my favorite video game franchise.

The fact that the series is no longer even in the same GENRE as it was back when I loved it is just infuriating, and I refuse to support it.

Last edited:

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
There was a time when Final Fantasy was literally my favorite video game franchise.

The fact that the series is no longer even in the same GENRE as it was back when I loved it is just infuriating, and I refuse to support it.
Dude you mention me in the quote, but it's Teeb147's quote xD
(How did you mark someone in the post?)

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Never give up! never surrender!
but things are still looking good too ;)

You can totally play the other characters. Since they switched cameras between cloud and Barret. Thankfully we don't have to worry about FFXV syndrome again. My real concern with FF7 remake is the episode format. What that exactly entails.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You can totally play the other characters. Since they switched cameras between cloud and Barret. Thankfully we don't have to worry about FFXV syndrome again. My real concern with FF7 remake is the episode format. What that exactly entails.
Yeh I was thinking about that and it does make sense. And I dont see why they wouldn't allow to switch whenever we want, and have tifa early enough. So there's good chances i'll enjoy it. It's going to be one of the biggest titles on playstation for sure. With those graphics tho, im not sure it'll be on the switch.

Also, unrelated, but I still haven't added pictures to the main post, but I will at some point for sure, i just figured it's not a priority and i've been preoccupied with other stuff. I was thinking of also talking a little bit more about DQ3 and a few other things too maybe.

And now that we're almost mid-may, i feel like e3's so close. After all the waiting we've done, things finally feel like they're gonna go somewhere. ;)

D

Deleted member

The Google Ad thing is making me worried about DQ not getting in Smash...

It doesn’t help that in most places of the internet I go people are starting to act in the way I didn’t want to experience again in my life regarding Smash speculation.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

It doesn’t help that in most places of the internet I go people are starting to act in the way I didn’t want to experience again in my life regarding Smash speculation.
I don't think you should let stuff like that worry you at all. People are silly sometimes, and in this case it really is. Judging by the advertisement I'm sure it doesn't mean anything, and as for people being annoying about it i'm with you but just let them hash it out amonst themselves, anyone who gives it much of anything will have some others going at them, and it's best to just not be part of those worthless wars. If anything it'll stir some stuff and keep them busy.

Meanwhile all we have to do is let time tick by and do our own thing ;p

D

Deleted member

I don't think you should let stuff like that worry you at all. People are silly sometimes, and in this case it really is. Judging by the advertisement I'm sure it doesn't mean anything, and as for people being annoying about it i'm with you but just let them hash it out amonst themselves, anyone who gives it much of anything will have some others going at them, and it's best to just not be part of those worthless wars. If anything it'll stir some stuff and keep them busy.

Meanwhile all we have to do is let time tick by and do our own thing ;p
Yeah, you have a point there.

I just want anything good to happen already, since nothing isn’t going well since April and I need a bit of positivity in my life.

Dare I ask?
Apparently an ad for the fighter pass pops up for five characters when you search on Google “Smash Bros Ultimate [insert character]”.

It supposedly only works with Joker, Ryu Hayabusa, Doomguy, Banjo and a random Dark Souls boss. Since Erdrick or Steve don’t get ads, this apparently deconfirm them.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, you have a point there.

I just want anything good to happen already, since nothing isn’t going well since April and I need a bit of positivity in my life.

Apparently an ad for the fighter pass pops up for five characters when you search on Google “Smash Bros Ultimate [insert character]”.

It supposedly only works with Joker, Ryu Hayabusa, Doomguy, Banjo and a random Dark Souls boss. Since Erdrick or Steve don’t get ads, this apparently deconfirm them.
It wont be long til we get some info within the next month. Cheer up and look for the good stuff if you can :)

As for the ad, again, I really think it's nothing even if some people want to make a deal of it. I'd deconfirm it personally myself but I dont even get the ad for joker when i search from a fresh browser.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly I stopped paying attention to many places, I just noticed that given other fanbases that I've interacted here that there are people I would rather not associate nor consider insightful to have discussions with.

D

Deleted member

Honestly I stopped paying attention to many places, I just noticed that given other fanbases that I've interacted here that there are people I would rather not associate nor consider insightful to have discussions with.
Sadly, it sometimes goes like that.

Many people have the toxic idea of a character stealing or getting the spot of another one to the point where they target the supporters of the respective character without any fair reason.
Yes, every character has the one or two people who behave in bad ways... but that doesn’t make the other supporters part of the problem.

People need to understand that Smash is a game, and that there isn’t any character who took the spot of another one just to annoy a group of people.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I managed to get an ad now, but nothing comes up from searches with banjo or the others, just like you.

Honestly though, I wouldn't even be trying if it was just me. I feel like google ads are the worst place to look for clues. Whoever thinks nintendo of europe's marketing department would already know all of the dlc and make ads for it in advance is jumping the gun.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Sadly, it sometimes goes like that.

Many people have the toxic idea of a character stealing or getting the spot of another one to the point where they target the supporters of the respective character without any fair reason.
Yes, every character has the one or two people who behave in bad ways... but that doesn’t make the other supporters part of the problem.

People need to understand that Smash is a game and that there isn’t any character who took the spot of another one just to annoy a group of people.
Sora fans scare me for just how hostile most of them come off too me and then there are Steve fans which I don't know how to feel about some of them are meme lords some of them really want him.

D

Deleted member

Sora fans scare me for just how hostile most of them come off too me and then there are Steve fans which I don't know how to feel about some of them are meme lords some of them really want him.
To be fair, Steve fans also get a lot of bash by the same groups so I could imagine why they could be upset too.

I’ve only seen hate for Sora outside of Smashboards, mostly due to the Disney side of things.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
To be fair, Steve fans also get a lot of bash by the same groups so I could imagine why they could be upset too.

I’ve only seen hate for Sora outside of Smashboards, mostly due to the Disney side of things.
I mean Steve is easy to hate it's got banjo who people wanted for years but I'm indifferent since I never played banjo's series I've played Minecraft and Steve isn't desired by me at least but I get why people want him to some degree but Sora and Erdrick are a different thing to me i want both of them to make it in because they're both worth it

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Steve fans have both been bashed as well as bashed others immaturely. It's true that they received hate unjustly tho. I didn't know that Sora fans have been mean, but I do know Geno fans havent been nice towards the erdrick crowd, part if being that they feel threatened, well some others have also bashed them for still believing (or trying to) in Geno. We havent done that here, and it sucks that they then dont treat erdrick fans very well at all (or the chances). I bet it's just general mean people or trolls that go at them like that.

No fanbase deserves to be treated like that, even if some havent been nice to them either. It's really unfortunate because speculation could be a lot more fun if people werent invested in that way. At the end of the day we're people talking with each other, not warriors who need to attack others to get what they want. Nintendo are the ones deciding.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So FFVII Remake. Pretty great, doncha?
It looks amazing. I only beat the opening bombing section, but I can see the love they put into this product.

That being said, it's probably gonna be over half a decade before the project completely finishes so that'll be an interesting wait.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It looks amazing. I only beat the opening bombing section, but I can see the love they put into this product.

That being said, it's probably gonna be over half a decade before the project completely finishes so that'll be an interesting wait.
If they release it episoddic like they said then it wont be as long of a wait for the first part. But seeing as how they only showed us mostly the beginning, im not sure how far along they are. At least they're trucking along ;p

D

Deleted member

the google ad thing is fake. it's quite easy to make a google ad if you have the money, and there's no way nintendo is so stupid to have ads out this early for EVERY character.

aside that though regarding the topic at hand, toxic fanbases are always going to be a thing in anything. it's sad but inevitable. but i think we can all take solace in the fact that we're better than that. even knowing that there are people that feel the need to cry and attack people over characters in a video game just makes me feel pitiful towards them that they see it as such a big deal when it's really not.

D

Deleted member

In the meantime I do have DQB2, UA3, CTR NF, Medievil, maybe Iron Man VR, KH3, DMC5 and DQXIS.

Although if things keep going the way they are now... I may not get to play many of these because of my parents.

D

Deleted member

If they release it episoddic like they said then it wont be as long of a wait for the first part. But seeing as how they only showed us mostly the beginning, im not sure how far along they are. At least they're trucking along ;p
You're right. The longest part might have been getting the assets and structure developed in the first place. I'm cynical, though. My only reference to Nomura's work is Kingdom Hearts 3, and that game's waiting cycle was a meme for over a decade.

What's going on with this Google Ad thing I've been hearing about?

D

Deleted member

You're right. The longest part might have been getting the assets and structure developed in the first place. I'm cynical, though. My only reference to Nomura's work is Kingdom Hearts 3, and that game's waiting cycle was a meme for over a decade.

What's going on with this Google Ad thing I've been hearing about?
A supposed deconfirmation of DQ getting in Smash.

The details are up on this page.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Steve fans have both been bashed as well as bashed others immaturely. It's true that they received hate unjustly tho. I didn't know that Sora fans have been mean, but I do know Geno fans havent been nice towards the erdrick crowd, part if being that they feel threatened, well some others have also bashed them for still believing (or trying to) in Geno. We havent done that here, and it sucks that they then dont treat erdrick fans very well at all (or the chances). I bet it's just general mean people or trolls that go at them like that.

No fanbase deserves to be treated like that, even if some havent been nice to them either. It's really unfortunate because speculation could be a lot more fun if people werent invested in that way. At the end of the day we're people talking with each other, not warriors who need to attack others to get what they want. Nintendo are the ones deciding.
remember the early Square Enix thread days god those were terrible

D

Deleted member

...I don't even know how to respond to this.

1. I have adblock so no way in Hell am I seeing these ads.
  2. I don't have any specific arguments to discredit the leak, but man, just wait till E3 y'all.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
FFVIIR looks really nice, no doubt. I'm not really a fan of the compromises that have to be made to sustain that level of production value, but it sure makes for some sweet trailers. I wish they'd called it something a little more interesting than just "Remake", though. Like, anything other than that.

I feel sorry for every other game that shows up to Square Enix's E3 conference. FFVIIR overshadowed the whole thing last year and it wasn't even there.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
FFVIIR looks really nice, no doubt. I'm not really a fan of the compromises that have to be made to sustain that level of production value, but it sure makes for some sweet trailers. I wish they'd called it something a little more interesting than just "Remake", though. Like, anything other than that.

I feel sorry for every other game that shows up to Square Enix's E3 conference. FFVIIR overshadowed the whole thing last year and it wasn't even there.
I don't know why but I'm not excited after FF15 I'm not hyped for new FF games but them selling me some old games i missed boy sign me up I'll take 20
50 if they wanna sell me Dagon Quest while they're at it which reminds me did anyone see that article about the creator of FF tactics wants to make a new one makes me think we'll see ports of those games sometime soon.

D

Deleted member

I don't know why but I'm not excited after FF15 I'm not hyped for new FF games but them selling me some old games i missed boy sign me up I'll take 20
50 if they wanna sell me Dagon Quest while they're at it which reminds me did anyone see that article about the creator of FF tactics wants to make a new one makes me think we'll see ports of those games sometime soon.
Yeah I kind of feel the same way. FF was at one point my favorite game series ever, and now SE is making a joke out of it. I find it hard to have faith in FF7R with Nomura directing it but the trailer left a decent impression me.
Also, do you have a link to the article? FFT is far and away my favorite FF game (even including main series). A new one (that's similar in tone and style - FFTA is good and all but it doesnt really scratch the same itch) would be fantastic.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Yeah I kind of feel the same way. FF was at one point my favorite game series ever, and now SE is making a joke out of it. I find it hard to have faith in FF7R with Nomura directing it but the trailer left a decent impression me.
Also, do you have a link to the article? FFT is far and away my favorite FF game (even including main series). A new one (that's similar in tone and style - FFTA is good and all but it doesnt really scratch the same itch) would be fantastic.
https://gonintendo.com/stories/3347...s-director-says-he-should-probably-make-anoth here you go good way to test the waters would be to just port the game over and see how they do just make a compilation or whatever i'd buy it

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
https://gonintendo.com/stories/3347...s-director-says-he-should-probably-make-anoth here you go good way to test the waters would be to just port the game over and see how they do just make a compilation or whatever i'd buy it
I'm glad they're talking about it, but bummed that they're not working on it right now XD
I love FFT, and FFTA2 was a bit love-hate thing for me. They had so many things I liked, and then a few things that just messed it up a bit.

Like, if you're going to make a game where you can recruit a ton of members, dont make underleveled characters gain the same amount of exp as the regular ones else they can never catch up well. Second, if youre going to make an awesome system for customizing the party with skills, dont make the main game shorter that it finishes before having the time to really build up a cool team :/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom