• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I would love a version of DQ8 from 3DS with the graphics of the PS2 version on Switch.

Also the Monter’s Joker games and the SNES remakes of the Erdrick trilogy.

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I would love a version of DQ8 from 3DS with the graphics of the PS2 version on Switch.

Also the Monter’s Joker games and the SNES remakes of the Erdrick trilogy.
Can you imagine, not only do we get Erdrick/Luminary/Eight/Madason and we get all of that. My god, it would be a momentous occasion.

D

Deleted member

Can you imagine, not only do we get Erdrick/Luminary/Eight/Madason and we get all of that. My god, it would be a momentous occasion.
I would go nuts too, and in a good way.

Switch would be even closer to becoming the best console I own.

D

Deleted member

Wasn't there a rumor of more DQ ports coming to the Switch (non-Heroes related)? It would be nice to have them on the Switch.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Please be better then the FF ports. It's always hit or miss. Although I haven't seen a bad port of DQ.....let's hope it stays that way.
I dunno about bad but iirc the PS4 versions of Dragon Quest 1-3 was just the mobile versions with slightly adjusted art and UI, they didn't seem very considered.

Naoyatodo

Smash Apprentice
I wonder, how would an Erdrick trailer play out? What characters would appear? What would be the splash screen? Assuming Anlucia and the Luminary are playable, how would they appear?
The way I picture it, it'd be something similar to Cloud's reveal. It starts with the Smash title logo, followed by the cross symbol, then a recreation of Dragon Quest III's SNES title screen plays. After that would be actual gameplay.

It'd be synced to the Overture (possibly the only DQ song in the game), starting at 0:11 after the Smash logo to potentially hide what song it is. I chose DQXI because I like that one.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
The way I picture it, it'd be something similar to Cloud's reveal. It starts with the Smash title logo, followed by the cross symbol, then a recreation of Dragon Quest III's SNES title screen plays. After that would be actual gameplay.

It'd be synced to the Overture (possibly the only DQ song in the game), starting at 0:11 after the Smash logo to potentially hide what song it is. I chose DQXI because I like that one.
As you should. I'm hoping the main theme is at least orchestra. If anything, also have the battle theme of 3. But I hope it doesnt get the FF treatment.

D

Deleted member

This is how I would picture the Erdrick trailer:

>First we see what seems like a gameplay segment of the SNES DQ3 remake.
>We see someone giving Erdrick a letter that he puts in the inventory.
>Checking the letter in the inventory, we find that it is a Smash letter.
>Erdrick then moves to the right on the map while the camera fades to black.
>We then move to a Smash Ultimate match between Cloud, Link, Shulk, Marth and Ness on Battlefield.
>Suddenly someone jumps into the match surrounded by clouds of dust hiding them.
>While the clouds dissappear, the Dragon Quest theme starts building up while we see some shots of different parts of Erdrick’s Body, finishing with him doing a pose at the same time his banner appears.
>We then cut to some gameplay of him showing the moveset, some references to his game, the stage and the Female Erdrick alt.
>Some moments later, the screen fades to black.
>When it comes back to normal, we see another DQ Hero joining a match similar to Chrom on his reveal.
>After that, we see 5 other heroes joining him in the same scene, revealing that they are Erdrick’s alts.
>We cut to some minor gameplay of each one of them, finishing with Erdrick and the other heroes forming a cool scene.
>The Smash Ultimate logo appears.
>We end seeing Erdrick trying to follow a Pikachu.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Joker just got droppped :O

Lookking really good but no jane sighting, and no jack frost sighting, which hurts the 5chan leak.
Not sure if I should be happy or not. Still happy to finally play joker tomorow :)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Joker just got droppped :O

Lookking really good but no jane sighting, and no jack frost sighting, which hurts the 5chan leak.
Not sure if I should be happy or not. Still happy to finally play joker tomorow :)
To be honest, I really doubted the Jane thing, but I'm happy with Joker nonetheless. And I refuse that this hurts Erdricks chances. NEIN.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
To be honest, I really doubted the Jane thing, but I'm happy with Joker nonetheless. And I refuse that this hurts Erdricks chances. NEIN.
I find it hard to doubt data that was found in the game. Dunno what's up with that now, but who knows maybe there'll be a surprise after the persona concert.
Either way, time to play a persona character. ;)

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
I doubt Jane was scrapped. The more likely scenario is that it was misinterpreted data.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I doubt Jane was scrapped. The more likely scenario is that it was misinterpreted date.
Well she was supposed to be one of the costumes, and we've already seen them, someone found them on the smash site.
But that doesnt mean it's impossible since there could be extra ones or an echo fighter. I just have no idea how much chance there is for that. We'll find out in 9 days :O

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Well she was supposed to be one of the costumes, and we've already seen them, someone found them on the smash site.
But that doesnt mean it's impossible since there could be extra ones or an echo fighter. I just have no idea how much chance there is for that. We'll find out in 9 days :O
I said it was data that was misinterpreted. ie, Jane was for something else and not an alt costume.

We'll find out tomorrow.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I said it was data that was misinterpreted. ie, Jane was for something else and not an alt costume.

We'll find out tomorrow.
It was for ponytail hair, and all the joker alts dont have long hair. We already know the costumes for tomorow, so the date we have to wait for next is the 24th-25th :/

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I got it.
Jane is actually...

(JA)panese
(N)ame for
(E)rdrick

... brilliant!

And the hair data is because Erdrick has Saiyan hair. Needs physics of its own.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Arsene -> Jane, I think.
nah that wouldn't work because of how the models are done in their program.
But it's still possible they just scrapped it. sad, but maybe not. Let's see what happens with a bit more time. Until then we have a new fighter to play ;)

Alright, i better go. Let's see how much chatter there's gonna be until tomorow's release :O :)

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

Wait Teeb147 Teeb147 , just looking into the 15 min video of Joker. His down b, rebel guard, kind of reminds me of the Blockenspiel concept we talked about for Erdrick a few weeks back.

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Wait Teeb147 Teeb147 , just looking into the 15 min video of Joker. His down b, rebel guard, kind of reminds me of the Blockenspiel concept we talked about for Erdrick a few weeks back.
Ya I found that funny too when I saw it. I was like wait that's Feel the Burn!!
It was for if there's Tension up. And we literally have both with him :p (blocking, delayed hit, plus rebellion up)

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Ya I found that funny too when I saw it. I was like wait that's Feel the Burn!!
It was for if there's Tension up. And we literally have both with him :p (blocking, delayed hit, plus rebellion up)
Everything about his moveset is just. Mmm. This should mean the rest of the DLC will have just as much flair to them.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I liked that line that went “So many legendary fighters!”

I think it bodes well for us. There are but a very few video game legends out there left. None of the other Square 7 could be considered such..... well, except maybe Seph-kun.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I liked that line that went “So many legendary fighters!”

I think it bodes well for us. There are but a very few video game legends out there left. None of the other Square 7 could be considered such..... well, except maybe Seph-kun.
I'm hopeful. As said in Itadaki Street:

"Just one time only, I wish to fight in battle with legendary hero, Erdrick." (Alena)
"The restful place from legendary hero Erdrick. I am with wish that there was opportunity to meet him." (Kiryl)
"Maybe the hero was a bit like my big brother, Alistair. You know, just maybe." (Jessica Albert)
"Oh, yeah! The home of the legendary hero! That sounds like the sort of person who should be on my list of clients. Can someone invite him over?" (Patty)
"... A legendary hero? If he's such a legend, maybe he should take my place while I'm out to lunch!" (Stella)
"My anslurpstors fought alongside the legendary hero from here. I bet they were really stout!" (Slime)
"This place has got some legendary hero, huh? I'm acquainted wid a hero myself as it happens. ... Some mortal schmoo who's always gettin' in our way!" (Platypunk)
"I guess Erdrick is the big cheese around these parts! I tip my hat to you, legendary hero!" (Mario)
"Whoa! Alefgard! I want to meet the legendary dragon warrior Erdrick! But I forgot my camera! Wah-hah!" (Toad)
"Yoshi Yoshi! (Erdrick may be the big hero in these parts, but Mario is the bestest hero in the galaxy!)" (Yoshi)
"Yoo hoo! Oh, hero-man! Won't you come and rescue me? I'm helpless when it comes to rolling the die!" (Birdo)
"What’s all this talk about a legendary hero? Is Mario already famous out here? Legendary hero, my spiny shell!" (Bowser)
"Legendary hero, shmegendary hero! My dad’s way braver than any ol’ hero!" (Bowser Jr.)
"Ooo? Ook ook! (This is the place to find hotshot heroes, huh? Well, you’re looking at one!)" (Donkey Kong)
"Oookie? Ookity ook! (This place is famous for a legendary hero? Hey, that's what I want to be one day!)" (Diddy Kong)
"Huh? Who cares about some legendary hero? The only legend you need to know about is the legend of WARIO!" (Wario)
"If it's a legendary hero you want, look no further! I'm standing right here! Whee hee hee!" (Waluigi)
"I don’t believe for a second in this legendary hero. If he DID exist, he’d be rescuing me right now!" (Princess Peach)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm hopeful. As said in Itadaki Street:

"Just one time only, I wish to fight in battle with legendary hero, Erdrick." (Alena)
"The restful place from legendary hero Erdrick. I am with wish that there was opportunity to meet him." (Kiryl)
"Maybe the hero was a bit like my big brother, Alistair. You know, just maybe." (Jessica Albert)
"Oh, yeah! The home of the legendary hero! That sounds like the sort of person who should be on my list of clients. Can someone invite him over?" (Patty)
"... A legendary hero? If he's such a legend, maybe he should take my place while I'm out to lunch!" (Stella)
"My anslurpstors fought alongside the legendary hero from here. I bet they were really stout!" (Slime)
"This place has got some legendary hero, huh? I'm acquainted wid a hero myself as it happens. ... Some mortal schmoo who's always gettin' in our way!" (Platypunk)
"I guess Erdrick is the big cheese around these parts! I tip my hat to you, legendary hero!" (Mario)
"Whoa! Alefgard! I want to meet the legendary dragon warrior Erdrick! But I forgot my camera! Wah-hah!" (Toad)
"Yoshi Yoshi! (Erdrick may be the big hero in these parts, but Mario is the bestest hero in the galaxy!)" (Yoshi)
"Yoo hoo! Oh, hero-man! Won't you come and rescue me? I'm helpless when it comes to rolling the die!" (Birdo)
"What’s all this talk about a legendary hero? Is Mario already famous out here? Legendary hero, my spiny shell!" (Bowser)
"Legendary hero, shmegendary hero! My dad’s way braver than any ol’ hero!" (Bowser Jr.)
"Ooo? Ook ook! (This is the place to find hotshot heroes, huh? Well, you’re looking at one!)" (Donkey Kong)
"Oookie? Ookity ook! (This place is famous for a legendary hero? Hey, that's what I want to be one day!)" (Diddy Kong)
"Huh? Who cares about some legendary hero? The only legend you need to know about is the legend of WARIO!" (Wario)
"If it's a legendary hero you want, look no further! I'm standing right here! Whee hee hee!" (Waluigi)
"I don’t believe for a second in this legendary hero. If he DID exist, he’d be rescuing me right now!" (Princess Peach)
Thank you for this!
Awesome lines everywhere lol.
Peach sounds bored AF haha.
I fell apart when I read Bowser’s!

I swear these two universes should come together much more often.

Wait, there’s no Luigi?

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Thank you for this!
Awesome lines everywhere lol.
Peach sounds bored AF haha.
I fell apart when I read Bowser’s!

I swear these two universes should come together much more often.

Wait, there’s no Luigi?
I guess Luigi is irrelevant to Enix ROFL and yeah i agree they should totally crossover more often.

View attachment 209325
Wait a minute.
View attachment 209326
(There were two dragon themed stages on that screenshot, btw.)
Please be true.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Joker looks great. A lot of love clearly went into him and his stage, and I'm really glad to see he comes with spirits, and content from P3 and P4 as well. It's much better than what the Smash 4 DLC characters got. I just wish I liked Persona a little more so I could appreciate it all better.

I'll be awfully jealous if my baby doesn't get a slice of that pie. Looks like we gotta wait a little longer to rip off that band-aid, though, huh. I guess I can put together spirit wish lists with a little more confidence now. Not that I've ever done anything like that when I'm bored, ha ha...

Wait a minute.

Doubtful. Though I suppose if Erdrick's happening, now would be the time for that sort of thing, since everyone's heard the rumours anyway.

That dragon silhouette does look kind of familiar, but my first thought was Final Fantasy V. That's even further off than the DQ logos, though (I or XI), so I dunno what the heck I'm thinking of. Isn't there a FF logo like that, or... SaGa or Vagrant Story or something?

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
View attachment 209325
Wait a minute.
View attachment 209326
I wish. But I’m not holding my dragonbreath that this is a hint.
(Not after Isaac).

Joker looks great. A lot of love clearly went into him and his stage, and I'm really glad to see he comes with spirits, and content from P3 and P4 as well. It's much better than what the Smash 4 DLC characters got. I just wish I liked Persona a little more so I could appreciate it all better.
Exact same sentiment.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I don't think we should stress too much over the 5ch leak being fake, Erdrick's name was floating around long before that leak was posted.

Anyway, this update did confirm that we're getting both Dragon Quest DLC costumes and spirits if Erdrick gets in, so yay for that!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I remember Sakurai said that he didn't want to announce Joker when he did, but Nintendo kind of made him. So I'm kinda curious if this was his original plan for the character, to not even announce him until the day before the patch that adds him. And if that's his plan for future characters going forward.

If so, means we'll probably have to wait a couple more months for the next character announcement.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I remember Sakurai said that he didn't want to announce Joker when he did, but Nintendo kind of made him. So I'm kinda curious if this was his original plan for the character, to not even announce him until the day before the patch that adds him. And if that's his plan for future characters going forward.

If so, means we'll probably have to wait a couple more months for the next character announcement.
I'm expecting it to be E3, that's the safe bet.

Simplythe1

Smash Apprentice
man, going to twitter was not a good idea..... So many people thinking that Erdrick is 100% deconfirmed since that one leak was proven false

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I really doubt that. They announced joker in advance for hype, so it can easily go that way for the next too.
And since it took this long for joker, they have to release the rest a bit faster. Some people think it could take a while, but i'll still hold out for announcements before june. we'll see

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
man, going to twitter was not a good idea..... So many people thinking that Erdrick is 100% deconfirmed since that one leak was proven false
Yeah because of one little thing. It's the same deal with the heights. The thing people forget about leaks is that they must always be taken with a grain of salt. So if one leak doesn't go through, there are many other Erdrick leaks before so idk haha.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah because of one little thing. It's the same deal with the heights. The thing people forget about leaks is that they must always be taken with a grain of salt. So if one leak doesn't go through, there are many other Erdrick leaks before so idk haha.
Honestly an anonymous leak doesnt hold much water compared to insiders.
Anyway, let's see what comes with all this info. We might even see some cool data in the patch. Im mostly interested in joker and any balance changes tho :)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
And since it took this long for joker, they have to release the rest a bit faster.
Why?

2 months after release, Piranha Plant.
2 months after PP, Joker.
And they still have 10 months left to release the last 4 characters.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Honestly an anonymous leak doesnt hold much water compared to insiders.
Anyway, let's see what comes with all this info. We might even see some cool data in the patch. Im mostly interested in joker and any balance changes tho :)
Same, also Twitter is not fun to surf atm oof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom