• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I think it'll be ok with what I have at least for now, but someone can ask if they want.

I'll let yous know when I'm done with the section. I'm more than half-way there.
I'll give it a lookover when you're done.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's Done!

You can check out the new section in the thread's main post.
(Erdrick for DLC)

And yes please let me know what you think if you get a chance to look at it. Also let me know if some things could be added or changed.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
It's Done!

You can check out the new section in the thread's main post.
(Erdrick for DLC)

And yes please let me know what you think if you get a chance to look at it. Also let me know if some things could be added or changed.
I like it. What do you think of adding our potential movesets to the character, it might spark more interest in the character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I like it. What do you think of adding our potential movesets to the character, it might spark more interest in the character.
That's next on the agenda ;)
(just not today)

And the last section will be general Dragon Quest info for people who want to know more about the series and the games. :)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Something desperately needed too. Maybe a fan gallery of fanart ROFL
I like to see fanart too. One problem with doing that in a post though is that there's actually a limit to the amount of images someone can put in a post. I found that out when I was sharing Isabelle art one time. :p

It's not a problem if it's linked images though, so I could still add some at the end too. It's just trouble having to find all of them back online, heh.
One step at a time, lol.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I like to see fanart too. One problem with doing that in a post though is that there's actually a limit to the amount of images someone can put in a post. I found that out when I was sharing Isabelle art one time. :p

It's not a problem if it's linked images though, so I could still add some at the end too. It's just trouble having to find all of them back online, heh.
One step at a time, lol.
Need help with that? I post these fan arts all over discord because I love Dragon Quest that much haha.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Need help with that? I post these fan arts all over discord because I love Dragon Quest that much haha.
If you keep an archive of the links to the images then sure. I can probably do the side of girl erdrick :p
I think if images are put in spoilers it doesn't tax the browser (not fully sure), so I could add them at the end of the post eventually. I say no rush, if we do wanna do that ;p

edit: I just remembered there's some image upload sites that make it easy, like being able to drag and drop a lot of images at the same time. that's an option too.

Last edited:

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
All that Dragon Quest X talk recently got me thinking:

The feature from XI 3DS where you could visit the worlds of earlier Dragon Quest games is supposed to be coming back in XI S, though "not without changes", whatever the heck that means. I don't know too much about the feature, but it seems more like a cool little extra than anything too important. One thing that's kind of significant, though, is that it covers every main series DQ game, including X. So assuming it all works roughly the same as in the 3DS version and they don't chicken out and just cut the X part in the western version, that'd be first official translation of anything significant from X that we've gotten, as far as I can remember.

I don't know if that means anything, but I'm curious how it'll go. I hope it'll at least knock down the wall that's keeping SE from localizing anything that X's even touched.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
If you keep an archive of the links to the images then sure. I can probably do the side of girl erdrick:p
I think if images are put in spoilers it doesn't tax the browser (not fully sure), so I could add them at the end of the post eventually. I say no rush, if we do wanna do that ;p

edit: I just remembered there's some image upload sites that make it easy, like being able to drag and drop a lot of images at the same time. that's an option too.
Do you want it on like a word doc?

The feature from XI 3DS where you could visit the worlds of earlier Dragon Quest games is supposed to be coming back in XI S, though "not without changes", whatever the heck that means. I don't know too much about the feature, but it seems more like a cool little extra than anything too important. One thing that's kind of significant, though, is that it covers every main series DQ game, including X. So assuming it all works roughly the same as in the 3DS version and they don't chicken out and just cut the X part in the western version, that'd be first official translation of anything significant from X that we've gotten, as far as I can remember.
Oooh, hopefully, it's something significant like the legacy bosses in IX.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Great job on the addition of the DLC paragraph!

I was surprised to see the absence of LeakyPandy at he beginning, but I guess you were going for facts that led somewhere, and from the look of things, (s)he might have been making a wild guess, that ultimately ended when Joker was revealed at the TGA!instead of a DQ character.

Full of details and sources. This is great!
Nice to have to keep track of all the leaks, and relevant info.

Nice addition of female Erdrick art btw!

D

Deleted member

As for Vergeben, he was the most notable leaker during this smash cycle. His information was correct about most characters coming to the game before they were revealed (including that all veteran characters would be returning). He knew about some of the characters way in advance too. And, he's recently backed Erdrick for being Square Enix's second fighter, as dlc.

Source

Lately, Vergeben's credibility has been put in question because he got information wrong in February's Nintendo Direct. He made claims about games that did not pan out. It does hurt his image, however it's important to know that from everything said, his main sources were not the ones that gave him the false information. A user called ZenythVidya pressed him for having poorly made assumptions around the information he had, and released private messages about what he did know.
1) Private messages shared with Vergeben, showing that he also had good information:
(https://i.imgtc.com/5Pr0QCk.png)

2) Zenyth's post about how Verge could've cleared things up

More from Zenyth:

Source
Other leakers and insiders have talked about Erdrick, like Hitagi and xenother, though they don't have as good of a track record. (Note: xenother does not have a public record for leaking, but PolarPanda has backed him for having insider information.)
Way to go, Teeb147 Teeb147 ! You clearly put a lot of effort into this, from compiling the information to digging up the sources.

My only real criticism is in the Vergeben section. Vergeben is also said to be unreliable because of the Minecraft content he was mentioning (including the Minecraft boss) and because he said the Square Enix character would be revealed first. I think these are very important to mention because a popular stance to take is that while Vergeben knocked base game out of the park, DLC is "a whole other beast," because he really did guess those Smash related items wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Great job on the addition of the DLC paragraph!

I was surprised to see the absence of LeakyPandy at he beginning, but I guess you were going for facts that led somewhere, and from the look of things, (s)he might have been making a wild guess, that ultimately ended when Joker was revealed at the TGA!instead of a DQ character.

Full of details and sources. This is great!
Nice to have to keep track of all the leaks, and relevant info.

Nice addition of female Erdrick art btw!
Way to go, Teeb147 Teeb147 ! You clearly put a lot of effort into this, from compiling the information to digging up the sources.

My only real criticism is in the Vergeben section. Vergeben is also said to be unreliable because of the Minecraft content he was mentioning (including the Minecraft boss) and because he said the Square Enix character would be revealed first. I think these are very important to mention because a popular stance to take is that while Vergeben knocked base game out of the park, DLC is "a whole other beast," because he really did guess those Smash related items wrong.
Thanks I really appreciate it :)

As for the leaker stuff, I didnt think it was worth mentioning leakypandy (and partly forgot about it) though i kinda include them in the 'other leakers'. Unless someone can convince me it's worth mentioning and detailing.

As for verge taking hits like with minecraft, I dont mind including it in order to be 100% 99% fair, though besides making a mention of it I'm not sure what to say. I do know that the document someone wrote recently had a theory about how they might've thought it was a minecraft boss because Rathatlos was in the game data as 'enddragon', which is simiilar to the boss in minecraft (ender dragon).
At first verge was saying that it would probably be in the base game, if I remember right, and he did get at least the timing wrong on square rep. It wasnt my focus but i could try to see about putting those in too.

Do you want it on like a word doc?
Only if it helps you keep track of the links. A simple notepad file can work too.
Really all we need is links to the images, original or uploaded.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Thanks I really appreciate it :)

As for the leaker stuff, I didnt think it was worth mentioning leakypandy (and partly forgot about it) though i kinda include them in the 'other leakers'. Unless someone can convince me it's worth mentioning and detailing.

As for verge taking hits like with minecraft, I dont mind including it in order to be 100% 99% fair, though besides making a mention of it I'm not sure what to say. I do know that the document someone wrote recently had a theory about how they might've thought it was a minecraft boss because Rathatlos was in the game data as 'enddragon', which is simiilar to the boss in minecraft (ender dragon).
At first verge was saying that it would probably be in the base game, if I remember right, and he did get at least the timing wrong on square rep. It wasnt my focus but i could try to see about putting those in too.

Only if it helps you keep track of the links. A simple notepad file can work too.
Really all we need is links to the images, original or uploaded.
Ok then I'll post the links on this thread through a response, expect that to come in the next few days.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Thanks for the writeup Teeb! I wasn't aware that Anlucia was also rumored to arrive.

To the multitudes of people who responded to me- I appreciate your input and thank you for your time.
I do however remain unchanged in my opinion, which is a bit like how a Rupaul runway is critiqued- the silhouette matters. It seems to be the reason we got Piranha Plant, and a unique one at that. Majority of the responses I got cater to already fans of the DQ series- not really a way to approach newcomers with a newcomer approaching.
Bit late here, but thanks for your time to have a discussion with us. A thing I noticed when I wrote my initial response to you, is that you said your only experience with the series was with the Dragon Quest Builders demo on the Switch. While the game stands fine on its own, it is in my opinion, not the best way to get into and/or judge the series, as it is a spinoff and lacks the essential game design elements that make up the mainline games.

If you have the time (and you have a 3DS or a PS2), I would strongly recommend you grab and try Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King. It's the best game for someone not familiar with the series to start with.

Last edited:

Akira_Joker

Smash Rookie
As for Vergeben, he was the most notable leaker during this smash cycle. His information was correct about most characters coming to the game before they were revealed (including that all veteran characters would be returning). He knew about some of the characters way in advance too. And, he's recently backed Erdrick for being Square Enix's second fighter, as dlc.

Source

Nice, even my thread is now being referenced or sourced!

I think I should properly introduce myself. I am a GameFAQs user named imnotmark10 and I'm the one making this thread a long time ago:
Gathering informations regarding Erdrick (from leaks to "Brave")

The thread was a real mess. I forgot Tansut teasing a Dragon Quest rep through a Dairy Queen logo, parameter data of each character being pointless and the misinformation of Vergeben hearing a Square Enix (I said he heard Sephiroth the most), which leads him to respond by saying that he's very sure that he heard Erdrick the most and double down on it. I was surprised when he claimed about it. Even ZenythVidya, Vergeben's friend, didn't see that coming!

Also, I've managed to get xenother's attention. His first response is nice (lol), but then got serious when I mentioned him alongside a PapaGenos video where he got mentioned in the video too. His response:
It was reiterated to me within the last week by my main source and another that Erdrick is coming soon. I was given a date that I can't yet verify.

After the February Direct, it was a real s***show. SmashFAQs users mocked and discredited Vergeben as he's wrong on two things: Star Fox Grand Prix and Link's Awakening not being a Zelda title. I can't blame him for his mistakes as I know what really happened. I think I don't need to explain about what happened to the Star Fox Grand Prix rumor as it was explained in the OP. As for the "other" Zelda title, he actually was referring Cadence of Hyrule, stated as the 2D Zelda eShop game in this PM. Back to the topic...

I was bummed that they didn't revealed the second DLC character in the Direct. After that incident occurred, I asked a certain user if this will ruin Erdrick's chance's in Smash, but apparently not. That's when I have an idea to rebuild the thread that I made (with proper information and sources unlike before) in the future, notably in April.

When we heard about a rumor about an incoming Direct in April, it's about time to post the thread that I made:
Erdrick's Last Stand: Second DLC Spot
You could say that it is a Part 2 of the first major thread that I made before. It's currently active and every time I heard a valuable information for Erdrick, I'll post about it. By the way, Vergeben was there too, responding of how big Dragon Quest is when it comes to Japan.

As for why I'm here, I felt like this thread is very peaceful to lurk around. All these fan-art are very satisfying and people here are nice. I said a long ago that I'll be playing the Erdrick trilogy. I can finally say that it's really worth playing from start to finish (a bumpy experience for II, especially that I played the NES version of it, but still). Because of that, I really understand why I think Erdrick needs to be in Smash. I'm now a supporter for Erdrick in Smash!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

I think I should properly introduce myself. I am a GameFAQs user named imnotmark10 and I'm the one making this thread a long time ago:

The thread was a real mess. I forgot Tansut teasing a Dragon Quest rep through a Dairy Queen logo, parameter data of each character being pointless and the misinformation of Vergeben hearing a Square Enix (I said he heard Sephiroth the most), which leads him to respond by saying that he's very sure that he heard Erdrick the most and double down on it. I was surprised when he claimed about it. Even ZenythVidya, Vergeben's friend, didn't see that coming!

Also, I've managed to get xenother's attention. His first response is nice (lol), but then got serious when I mentioned him alongside a PapaGenos video where he got mentioned in the video too. His response:

After the February Direct, it was a real s***show. SmashFAQs users mocked and discredited Vergeben as he's wrong on two things: Star Fox Grand Prix and Link's Awakening not being a Zelda title. I can't blame him for his mistakes as I know what really happened. I think I don't need to explain about what happened to the Star Fox Grand Prix rumor as it was explained in the OP. As for the "other" Zelda title, he actually was referring Cadence of Hyrule, stated as the 2D Zelda eShop game in this PM. Back to the topic...

I was bummed that they didn't revealed the second DLC character in the Direct. After that incident occurred, I asked a certain user if this will ruin Erdrick's chance's in Smash, but apparently not. That's when I have an idea to rebuild the thread that I made (with proper information and sources unlike before) in the future, notably in April.

When we heard about a rumor about an incoming Direct in April, it's about time to post the thread that I made:
You could say that it is a Part 2 of the first major thread that I made before. It's currently active and every time I heard a valuable information for Erdrick, I'll post about it. By the way, Vergeben was there too, responding of how big Dragon Quest is when it comes to Japan.

As for why I'm here, I felt like this thread is very peaceful to lurk around. All these fan-art are very satisfying and people here are nice. I said a long ago that I'll be playing the Erdrick trilogy. I can finally say that it's really worth playing from start to finish (a bumpy experience for II, especially that I played the NES version of it, but still). Because of that, I really understand why I think Erdrick needs to be in Smash. I'm now a supporter for Erdrick in Smash!

Hey, welcome!

Hope you have a good time here.

Like the DQ fandom anywhere else, we’re a chunk of pretty nice and civil people here!

I don’t think you’ll run into any drama here. Perhaps the really rare case of a troll, but I haven’t seen one in months.

Glad to have your support! And your threads are a great read btw!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I added this on vergeben:
"
Vergeben did get some things wrong about a few smash characters too (or at least the timing), regarding a Square Enix character and Minecraft content that he thought would come much sooner. There are some theories about why some sources thought that something from minecraft was going to be in the game, but in whatever case it still shows that we can't trust leakers 100%, especially when there's assumptions around some info, but we don't have to ignore what they got right either.
(If you want to read a bit on the theory I mentioned, you can check out this document in support of Erdrick by MintPepsi, talking about it in the Leaks and Rumors.)
"

I also added this image in one of the tags, showing character heights (black) and shield sizes (red).

Nice to greet you. Welcome and It's definitely a simpler time here than on gamefaqs :p
I added you to the supporter list while I was making the changes i mentioned.

I dont visit gamefaqs a lot so yeah feel free to share anything interesting :)
As for the dragon quest trilogy, if you can enjoy it all props to you. I never played 2 and I feel like I'd find some of it too plain to finish it. Could be wrong tho, and maybe ill want to play it deep in the future.

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

Welcome!

29af658e-6518-4f1c-be9c-0eb209a3770c.jpg

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The main post is ready for movesets that i can add later.

So far I could add:
my own, NomadLuminary NomadLuminary 's, shinhed-echi shinhed-echi 's dragon warrior one, & @liquidmetalslime's test moveset.

Who else has one? (or wants to make one)
And I'm also wondering who's these are, that was mentioned:

I think a menu drop down would be a great idea! Although I hope it is reserved within the hero class only, as that is what Erdrick is supposed to be.

I found this while looking for Erdricks moveset a day ago. I think this has some promise to it, imagine this combined/modified with a menu dropdown system.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S-qzUMh5Azfay8XwS8HEBn_-dH55Xndr25IbPashyi0/edit

and I can use Naoyatodo Naoyatodo 's kaklang concept:
Glitching a bit the auto redirecting of the page I could retrieve the image that he want to show.
View attachment 197348

Last edited:

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman

So far I could add:
my own, NomadLuminary NomadLuminary 's, shinhed-echi shinhed-echi 's dragon warrior one, & @liquidmetalslime's test moveset.

The menu thing on B with some spells still one of my favorite ideas to his moveset :3

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace

So far I could add:

I think I found that doc on gamefaqs. The creator of the doc is named Donut Bytes according to its details.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I found my post. Rather than link to it directly, I'll put it in a quote so I can adjust it later; it needs an update since I finished Dragon Quest 6 and all.
Hey everyone, I updated my quote. I edited out the "people in this thread" part since it may not apply here, and gave the Dragon Quest 6 section a rewrite. Just click the arrow next to my quote to find my recommendation guide.

If you want to put this on the front page of this thread, I think it's ready for that!

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey everyone, I updated my quote. I edited out the "people in this thread" part since it may not apply here, and gave the Dragon Quest 6 section a rewrite. Just click the arrow next to my quote to find my recommendation guide.

If you want to put this on the front page of this thread, I think it's ready for that!
I'm glad you got to fill in Dragon Quest 6 :) Very curious to check it out.

I was thinking of adding more stuff about Dragon Quest later but I can always update around it later. If you think it's ready I dont mind putting it there with just a small intro for now. Do you think it's gonna be it for now, or do you want to change something before I do? You can give it a glance and let me know.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I'm glad you got to fill in Dragon Quest 6 :) Very curious to check it out.

I was thinking of adding more stuff about Dragon Quest later but I can always update around it later. If you think it's ready I dont mind putting it there with just a small intro for now. Do you think it's gonna be it for now, or do you want to change something before I do? You can give it a glance and let me know.
I think that's it for now. I'm focusing on class as I'm on a Dragon Quest break. When I play DQ7, 8, and 11, I'll update the quote then but it's not gonna be for a while. As far as I'm concerned, it's "complete".

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I think that's it for now. I'm focusing on class as I'm on a Dragon Quest break. When I play DQ7, 8, and 11, I'll update the quote then but it's not gonna be for a while. As far as I'm concerned, it's "complete".
Done. (it's there)
Even though I may add more stuff to that section in the future, that pretty much seals the deal I think :)

If someone else wants to add something, just lemme know
And once NomadLuminary NomadLuminary feels good about the fan art I can add that at the very end too ;)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Done. (it's there)
Even though I may add more stuff to that section in the future, that pretty much seals the deal I think :)

If someone else wants to add something, just lemme know
And once NomadLuminary NomadLuminary feels good about the fan art I can add that at the very end too ;)
https://smashboards.com/attachments/29af658e-6518-4f1c-be9c-0eb209a3770c-jpg.208247/
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0685/1360ae6e-796e-4864-8073-05383c67ff88.jpg
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...6162/abf44343-5fb7-4a21-849c-349fb56798cc.jpg
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...6161/62cf4840-88d6-4f20-99bc-ada9902c4cd2.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1526/621cc1de-f92c-432b-adff-0531c0a3fefe.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/467517774382497802/564669564550381579/DwUX1RsVAAEEaFC.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/467517774382497802/564617734332350476/CHM8V0dUAAAGaMl.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/467517774382497802/564617052086599719/CrLU2kLVUAEJTX1.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/467517774382497802/564614270785028097/DzsdKpFVYAAqXvY.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...372_421956165032448_6121317205645721600_n.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/467517774382497802/564357119026135040/DVritBEVMAAgIUN.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...6068/D2MjB2wVYAIejdf.png?width=810&height=572
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...rdrick_and_the_squad.png?width=810&height=573
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...6192/DjwF1QeUUAAGWzG.png?width=635&height=635
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...1680/Dy-Q28QUYAAI0l-.png?width=635&height=635
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...7780/D0a607hVsAAtTXT.png?width=582&height=635
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/474065910248898571/566077026818064385/D0dB5AIU0AEOX67.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...7136/DNonU6cV4AA8aVl.png?width=810&height=608
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...d4-a498-24f53203fb8c.jpg?width=517&height=635

Here you go Teeb147 Teeb147

I'm sure there is more but this is a good general one.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
https://smashboards.com/attachments/29af658e-6518-4f1c-be9c-0eb209a3770c-jpg.208247/
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0685/1360ae6e-796e-4864-8073-05383c67ff88.jpg
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...6162/abf44343-5fb7-4a21-849c-349fb56798cc.jpg
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...6161/62cf4840-88d6-4f20-99bc-ada9902c4cd2.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...1526/621cc1de-f92c-432b-adff-0531c0a3fefe.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/467517774382497802/564669564550381579/DwUX1RsVAAEEaFC.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/467517774382497802/564617734332350476/CHM8V0dUAAAGaMl.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/467517774382497802/564617052086599719/CrLU2kLVUAEJTX1.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/467517774382497802/564614270785028097/DzsdKpFVYAAqXvY.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...372_421956165032448_6121317205645721600_n.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/467517774382497802/564357119026135040/DVritBEVMAAgIUN.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...6068/D2MjB2wVYAIejdf.png?width=810&height=572
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...rdrick_and_the_squad.png?width=810&height=573
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...6192/DjwF1QeUUAAGWzG.png?width=635&height=635
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...1680/Dy-Q28QUYAAI0l-.png?width=635&height=635
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...7780/D0a607hVsAAtTXT.png?width=582&height=635
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/474065910248898571/566077026818064385/D0dB5AIU0AEOX67.png
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...7136/DNonU6cV4AA8aVl.png?width=810&height=608
https://media.discordapp.net/attach...d4-a498-24f53203fb8c.jpg?width=517&height=635

Here you go Teeb147 Teeb147

I'm sure there is more but this is a good general one.
ok thank you very much, i'll get on that at some point ;)
Since there's a good bunch with the ones i have too, I wonder if I should split them in separate spoiler tags.

Ornl

Smash Ace
The animated series Captain N (1989) brings together characters from Castlevania, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Megaman, Metroid, Punch Out !!, Tetris, Wizards & Warriors, Zelda and... Dragon Quest.

D

Deleted member

The animated series Captain N (1989) brings together characters from Castlevania, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Megaman, Metroid, Punch Out !!, Tetris, Wizards & Warriors, Zelda and... Dragon Quest.
Dragonlord was always in his dragon form in Captain N.

Oh, and the show referred to the game as Dragon Warrior because of the time it was released.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
When I discuss Erdrick with my friends, I just call him "Mr. Dragon Quest" and they know who I'm talking about.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
When I discuss Erdrick with my friends, I just call him "Mr. Dragon Quest" and they know who I'm talking about.
I had a weird delirious daydream as I was struggling to completely wake up this morning, imagining that Cloud in Smash only ever said "Final Fantasy" like a Pokémon.

His forward Smash has him go "Fi-nal-fan!", his Finishing Touch has him go "Ta-sy!", etc. It's dumb but it amused me and that's what "Mr. Dragon Quest" reminded me of.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I had a weird delirious daydream as I was struggling to completely wake up this morning, imagining that Cloud in Smash only ever said "Final Fantasy" like a Pokémon.

His forward Smash has him go "Fi-nal-fan!", his Finishing Touch has him go "Ta-sy!", etc. It's dumb but it amused me and that's what "Mr. Dragon Quest reminded me of.
Have you ever wondered much about how the spells in dragon quest are all sounds kinda like that?
When you do wind magic you go 'Woosh!', and when it's lightning it's 'Zap!'. It's kinda funny if you think about it.

also, i do find funny the idea of cloud saying final fantasy, it reminds me a bit of 'I'm batman' too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom