• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShotoStar 2

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a fan of DQ in the slightest but I must admit the legacy of Dragon Quest and the love Japan has for the franchise solidly made him a pick worth doing if that makes any sense, I may be a Geno fan and I may be slightly disappointed but there's always next time. Good job DQ Fans! You did it! Congratulations.

I may not be very excited for him but I'm sure you all are and the people here are good people so again, Congratulations! Hopefully Geno can join and fight alongside Erdrick in Smash Bros one day that would be great, This pick wasn't surprising but I'm happy for you. Good job and Congratulations!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Random thought, shouldn't the thread title be changed to encompass all of the playable heroes now that we're in the character discussion area?
Since they brought the threads for eight and luminary in the new section, im not sure this should be the main social for the 'heroes'.

I will see what happens and what people think.
If someone has ideas for something to change of the title or main post tho lemme know

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
THEY ACTUALLY DID IT! THE TRAILER WAS INCREDIBLE!

I can't believe they actually put in Solo AND Erdrick. They're my favorite ones, but no leak ever mentioned Solo! Also, Eight is in and Munchie is in his pouch! And they did the menu thing like we thought! Everything was amazing.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Yo Ovaltine Ovaltine , I'm so happy right now...

I got Eight and Banjo in Smash alongside the F4 in UA3.
I'm so happy for you, man. Even Eight made it. I was really hoping he'd be an alt.

Also, LUMINARY. I ****ING CALLED IT Y'ALL. SLEEPER PICK IS HERE.

I'm sad about Geno, but I can't stop being happy about Banjo, and I'm happy for the DQ fans. DQ was insanely overdue. Hope you guys root for Geno for next time, though! ;)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Do you all Realize we got zap, sizzle, and a debuff (snooze) and a buff (oomph)?

We got the hero alts too. This is one of the best ****ing scenarios loll.

D

Deleted member

I'm so happy for you, man. Even Eight made it. I was really hoping he'd be an alt.

Also, LUMINARY. I ****ING CALLED IT Y'ALL. SLEEPER PICK IS HERE.

I'm sad about Geno, but I can't stop being happy about Banjo, and I'm happy for the DQ fans. DQ was insanely overdue. Hope you guys root for Geno for next time, though! ;)
I will Ovaltine.

I'll do it for you because you deserve it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Since they brought the threads for eight and luminary in the new section, im not sure this should be the main social for the 'heroes'.

I will see what happens and what people think.
If someone has ideas for something to change of the title or main post tho lemme know
I brought them over; we're still discussing whether to turn one thread into the social thread or to make a new thread to serve that purpose, since is kind of a weird situation. (Luminary's the face of the character, Erdrick has the most discussion, and these are at least four separate characters fused into one moveset)

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I brought them over; we're still discussing whether to turn one thread into the social thread or to make a new thread to serve that purpose, since is kind of a weird situation. (Luminary's the face of the character, Erdrick has the most discussion, and these are at least four separate characters fused into one moveset)
I say fuse them were all one now anyways

D

Deleted member

Do you all Realize we got zap, sizzle, and a debuff (snooze) and a buff (oomph)?

We got the hero alts too. This is one of the best ****ing scenarios loll.
Kamikazee, too. I think we have a new champion of most disrespectful move in the game.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
That's it, I'll buy the Fighter Pass as soon as possible :)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We even have psyche up and Woosh! How is tension there and we didnt even see of it? And woosh recovers, and so does zoom?!

This is crazy :D

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
are we just going to ignore that Erdrick/ The Hero can literally blow themselves up! Also I’m glad they showed Slimes so much, I love Slime’s goofy face.

Looks really cool, not really a DQ fan but he looks like my type of character to play.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
My only complaint is I wish Erdrick was the primary and that they character costumes went in order(3>4>8>11). But that's just me being OCD.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO..

****. that's a real downer for me
I'm so, so, sorry.

Hey everyone, I deliberately didn't post in this thread because I was waiting until we knew for sure whether they were in or not.

They're not.

I'm not female but I'm beyond frustrated at this development.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
I'm not a fan of DQ in the slightest but I must admit the legacy of Dragon Quest and the love Japan has for the franchise solidly made him a pick worth doing if that makes any sense, I may be a Geno fan and I may be slightly disappointed but there's always next time. Good job DQ Fans! You did it! Congratulations.

I may not be very excited for him but I'm sure you all are and the people here are good people so again, Congratulations! Hopefully Geno can join and fight alongside Erdrick in Smash Bros one day that would be great, This pick wasn't surprising but I'm happy for you. Good job and Congratulations!
If my crazy theories really are at full force, you Geno Supporters as like Shantae, Bomberman and Rayman ones have a really pretty good chance on a Smash Ultimate Definitive/Deluxe Edition :3

Hope the Psych Up works like West VIII and Eight at least became Super Saiyan xD

I was so hyped that I forgot to comment with NomadLuminary Trevis' "Henshin!" scene.

And that Link's Awakening diorama is so cute! I want 20!

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Dragon Quest is trending on twitter atm
Banjo ofc is too, and has more tweets. But this is a big step

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I'm so happy for you guys. Out of this whole speculation cycle the DQ fans have been the coolest and friendliest and now I can't wait to play as Hero and play DQ11!

Also, I love Eight! I'm so happy at the alts.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Congrats all! I was indifferent to a DQ character at first but as the months went, I got more and more into the idea and I'm glad that not just Erdrick, but four of the protagonists are in. That's so cool!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know what stands out as weird to me? In the gameplay trailer, we see that the Hero's Emblem is the symbol for the DQ universe while on some websites, it's a Slime. Is Dragon Quest the first to have two symbols to represent it or something?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I already felt like there could use female representation in general, and now they put in 2 characters for dq that can have female alts and they just dont put them in ...

I'm gonna take a break from the thread so i dont go on about it. Not even sure how to process that :/
everyone should enjoy the dq news tho.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/fighter/72.html
Alts are here, no Fem alts
Luminary gets an Angelo pallet
Erdrick gets Madason
Eight gets MY BOY TERRY
Solo gets DQ1 Hero
Aww no female alts at all? Well, that was really the only thing I was hoping for. I'm still very glad Dragon Quest is in Smash, but I can't main any of them and probably won't play as them much :( Oh well. Hopefully we'll get some female dlc character in this game

D

Deleted member

Gotta say, why dont we create a social called Patty's bar? Given the character recurring appearances.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I already felt like there could use female representation in general, and now they put in 2 characters for dq that can have female alts and they just dont put them in ...

I'm gonna take a break from the thread so i dont go on about it. Not even sure how to process that :/
everyone should enjoy the news tho.
I'm raising a stink in the meantime.

https://smashboards.com/threads/very-frustrated-with-the-lack-of-female-versions-of-the-hero.484863/

Don't want to cloud this thread with too much negativity so I want to draw it all there.

I'm really sorry, I mean it.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

everyone should enjoy the dq news tho.
I'm with you. I'll probably take a break from this thread as well

D

Deleted member

For all we know we might be getting a heroine's echo later

Hey mods one question.

I want to see if we can either make a thread to be the social or just merge the three support threads, whats the best option?

D

Deleted member

Female Erdrick should have at least been in. That's the only negative I can say about this reveal

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Tag me if you want to say something or there's something to change with the title and main post.
i'll check back once in a while.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Who can top these two what's left Lloyd? Ryu? Master Chief?
Sorry, those guys left for bingo.

https://www.smashbros.com/assets_v2/img/fighter/dq_hero/mark.svg

This is the Dragon Quest series logo, can somebody more versed in Dragon Quest tell me what this symbol is and why it was chosen over Slime as the series logo?
That's the emblem that appears on Erdrick's shield. As to why it was chosen over Slime? Not sure. I'm guessing it's because they wanted a logo that would relate directly to the Hero, similar to how Persona's series symbol is the Phantom Thieves' logo to better associate with Joker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom