• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Avengers Endgame spoilers:

The part where all the DQ heroes came to help Luminary reminded me of the portal scene in Endgame where all the unsnapped heroes help Captain America. That was just so epic.

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
So can erdrick and banjo supporters be friends now or do we still hate each other like children

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We Got Moved to The Character section!!!

IT's Real y'all !! :D

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
We knew it was coming and now we're here. That trailer... was ****ing awesome. Holy ****.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
So can erdrick and banjo supporters be friends now or do we still hate each other like children
Eh, the smash community seems to be either "Meh" or "Upset" about our boys reveal
Do I care? Not one bit :^) Banjo may have overshadowed The Heroes reveal, but I can still be happy

Also the moment I saw Darkhon I knew it was our boy :^) they made that too obvious

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I was a bit confused. Is it a bunch of skins? Echo fighters? XD

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Eh, the smash community seems to be either "Meh" or "Upset" about our boys reveal
Do I care? Not one bit :^) Banjo may have overshadowed The Heroes reveal, but I can still be happy

Also the moment I saw Darkhon I knew it was our boy :^) they made that too obvious
The smash community has been dropped on there head so I don't really care what the larger majority thinks there lame anyways

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
YOOOOO SUP DQ CREW?!

So I'm a big Geno Fan and coming from the Geno Subthread that's feeling pretty oof right now, I want to congratulate you all on getting like HALF of DQ in Smash! XD

So I know sometimes it seems like Geno Fans and DQ Fans may have been at odds, and for some it may feel that way, but I never had a single problem with any fans of DQ. My only issue were people convinced it was happening without much evidence, but after doing research on DQ I even felt that we would get either Luminary or Erdrick as DLC.

WELP, WE GOT, LIKE, ALL OF THEM!

So to fans here who know better, I recognized Luminary, Erdrick and Eighter. Who else did we get?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

YOOOOO SUP DQ CREW?!

So I'm a big Geno Fan and coming from the Geno Subthread that's feeling pretty oof right now, I want to congratulate you all on getting like HALF of DQ in Smash! XD

So I know sometimes it seems like Geno Fans and DQ Fans may have been at odds, and for some it may feel that way, but I never had a single problem with any fans of DQ. My only issue were people convinced it was happening without much evidence, but after doing research on DQ I even felt that we would get either Luminary or Erdrick as DLC.

WELP, WE GOT, LIKE, ALL OF THEM!

So to fans here who no better, I recognized Luminary, Erdrick and Eighter. Who else did we get?
We got the hero of Dragon Quest 4. Other than that, we don't really know. It doesn't like there's a female Erdrick unfortunately.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Congratulations folks. I may not have been personally rooting for Erdrick (Slime was my DQ pick), the character looks unique and that's pretty cool.

(Still more hyped for the other reveal but happy for ya'll).

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Alright, so i won't be able to discuss the presentation for now but i just wanted to express how HYPED i am.

I mean, duh but wow... It was everything i wanted out of that direct.

ALEEGATOO, nintendo !

ChaosSharpedo

Smash Rookie
NNID
ChaosSharpedo
Switch FC
SW-8187-0600-4038
We did it everyone, all the waiting payed off and we got not only Erdrick, but Solo, Eight, and Luminary!

I couldn't be happier, now to wait and see if Female Erdrick and Solo are alts or not.

Banjo also is super amazing, both the West and East got a character they wanted, so congrats to Banjo fans!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
We got the hero of Dragon Quest 4. Other than that, we don't really know. It doesn't like there's a female Erdrick unfortunately.
Dont give up on her. We didnt give up on dq, and now here we are ;)

I legit will be pretty torn if she doesnt end up being an alt.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I've never played a DQ so I can't say I'm excited the same as others but Dragon Quest was definitely long overdue to appear in Smash. Congratulations. They all look fantastic.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Now that I'm relaxed! Just need to say:
Nintendo Wins.
I was called crazy by all my theories but they come all right.(Not by you guys)
I miss Vergs' 2.5D Metroid 5.
Need more money, cause I want to practically buy this Direct entirely.
That Zelda teasing almost kill me.

Last edited:

Minik

Smash Journeyman
I'm late but I was one of the people who said it should be called The Hero and have many alts, LOOKS LIKE WE WIN!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Not a DQ fan myself but holy hell that trailer was super hype. I'm looking forward to playing as this character when he drops.

And congrats for all of you BTW.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Well, just coming here to congratulate you guys and all the other hero supporters.
Won't be surprised if the other 4 alts turn out to be female variants.

OpticalBlast

Smash Journeyman
Just coming back on Smashboards to say hey, look at that!

I'm very happy with the way they portrayed the DQ characters, especially with the spell menu and what seem to be chargeable spells. The alts are also a very pleasant surprise, especially best boy Eight.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Who else realized that Erdrick was gonna be an alt for Luminary the moment they saw the shield in the gameplay footage?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Just gonna say. Everyone's moveset pretty much fused together.
I still cant get over how there's most of the moves we talked about, including kaclang... and even kacrackle slash :O

Im so looking forward to seeing them in the tree house or any more details.

I'm definitely feeling like the female alts have a good chance. I just want to know soon XD

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Congrats to Erdrick fans!

Admittedly I wasn't feeling that great about the idea of Erdrick getting in (since he was only really known in Japan), but seeing the hero character from other games in the series added to the game added as well made me feel better about it. So yeah, congrats everyone. :)

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
So can we talk about the stage? Pretty sure I saw it with the Slimes in the background.

But I also thought I saw a slime on an old stage. Assist Trophy maybe? Not sure.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Hey all. Just popping in from the Banjo-Kazooie thread to give a hearty congratulations! What a Direct, huh? Not only Erdrick, but 7 others as well? (My personal favorite is Eight btw :)

Today is proof that if you truly believe and fight hard enough, anything can happen.

I honestly never need anything more for Smash again, but if you still have other dreams for it, chase them too.

This game truly is Ultimate :)

See you on the Battlefield!

D

Deleted member

Random thought, shouldn't the thread title be changed to encompass all of the playable heroes now that we're in the character discussion area?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
If you guys want a good laugh check out r/smashbros. Tons of people whining about the Hero being just another sword fighter.

My favorite comment was someone who said they could just be a Robin clone. :joyful:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
If you guys want a good laugh check out r/smashbros. Tons of people whining about the Hero being just another sword fighter.

My favorite comment was someone who said they could just be a Robin clone. :joyful:
Welcome to the Smash
My friend is arguing with me that is just Link with Magic

He mains Joker so I think thats funny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom