• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeStronger

Smash Cadet
Thanks. So it's like some suspected. I actually thought there'd be a little on something more though.
Nah, even with the history that WSJ has with Dragon Quest, revealing something as massive as a Smash reveal would be too much.

Plus they gotta promote DQW in Japan, which I really wish I could play.

I think I saw Estark in the trailer, so I feel compelled to travel to Japan just to fight him again in another spin-off.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nah, even with the history that WSJ has with Dragon Quest, revealing something as massive as a Smash reveal would be too much.

I think I saw Estark in the trailer, so I feel compelled to travel to Japan just to fight him again in another spin-off.
eh? I was far from expecting a smash reveal in shonen jump. I said a little something, ;p

Doesnt matter to me really, because it just saves everything for e3. All I'm hoping for besides smash is the dq collection either today or tomorow. Everything else is bonus :)

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427

What is DQW?

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
One of the things that got my attention in the Xbox presentation was RPG Time: The Legend of Wright. I noticed a few references to DQ in the trailer, along with a whole lot of Zelda and some Dragon's Lair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diwKyQZoOks
Hell, the main character could even pass for Erdrick...., and the music sounds just like Dragon Quest music.

What is DQW?
Dragon Quest: Walk, pokemon go with....actual battles.
Japan only

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Ah, as I suspected, the dev is Japanese. So no wonder there was a heavy DQ influence! Their website is very cute, there seems to be some sort of contest where things you can draw can make it into the game.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well, I am gonna leave Smashboards today.

I appreciate you guys for helping me get into Dragon Quest games, even though I have been neutral towards the games as I finished them.

I am definitely going to get DQ11S when it releases on the Switch.

Here is hoping Erdrick happens, he is an essential Japanese gaming icon needed in the roster.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
My hope for Square Enix conference:

-Final Fantasy 7 Remake demo
-DQ11S release date, gameplay, and female protag (wishful thinking)
-Deus Ex?

Nintendo:

-Banjo reveal?
-Erdrick/Luminary reveal?

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
Bear in mind that since Nintendo's publishing XI S over here, it's much more likely to show up at the Direct than at SE's presentation.

I genuinely wonder if they'll show or mention DQ at all. Maybe if that Heroes III leak was real, or if we really are getting ports and they're coming to more platforms than just Switch. Builders 2 might get a trailer if they need some filler.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Bear in mind that since Nintendo's publishing XI S over here, it's much more likely to show up at the Direct than at SE's presentation.

I genuinely wonder if they'll show or mention DQ at all. Maybe if that Heroes III leak was real, or if we really are getting ports and they're coming to more platforms than just Switch. Builders 2 might get a trailer if they need some filler.
That's fair.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
After listening to the theme for a while and comparing it to other DQ battle themes, I think Dragon Quest V's battle theme might be my favorite DQ battle theme ever.

It is got the fast paced vibes of FF6's battle theme that gets me to think rationally quickly during fast paced battles.

It has this tone where it makes me feel that every battle matters and that I need to save the world with the bombastic parts of the track.

As unlikely as it is to happen, I want to see the theme be a part of Erdrick's Challenger pack badly, preferably the PS2 orchestrated version.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
After listening to the theme for a while and comparing it to other DQ battle themes, I think Dragon Quest V's battle theme might be my favorite DQ battle theme ever.

It is got the fast paced vibes of FF6's battle theme that gets me to think rationally quickly during fast paced battles.

It has this tone where it makes me feel that every battle matters and that I need to save the world with the bombastic parts of the track.

As unlikely as it is to happen, I want to see the theme be a part of Erdrick's Challenger pack badly, preferably the PS2 orchestrated version.
It’s certainly one of he best in my book.

I have them ranked sort of like:

A| DQ7 | DQ5 | DQSwords
B| DQ4 | DQ3 | DQ8 | DQ11 | DQM | DQ2
C| DQ1 | DQ9 |
D| DQ6

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
Battle theme ranking?
S: DQ7, DQ4
A: DQ5 ,DQ3, DQ8, DQ11 (Orchestral...)
B: DQ2, DQ10
C. DQ9 (9s soundtrack aged poorly), DQ1
D. DQ6

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Well, Ubisoft's conference sure was something...

You guys looking forward to Square Enix?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Well, Ubisoft's conference sure was something...

You guys looking forward to Square Enix?
I'll be working all night so I won't see it live but I'm sure it'll pass can't wait to see the secret of mana collection

Teeb147

Smash Legend
That's fair.

I like that pic so much. It's so cute :D

It’s certainly one of he best in my book.

I have them ranked sort of like:

A| DQ7 | DQ5 | DQSwords
B| DQ4 | DQ3 | DQ8 | DQ11 | DQM | DQ2
C| DQ1 | DQ9 |
D| DQ6
You know, the other day when I was listening to some, I'm not sure which ones would be my favorites, because i love some as much for different reasons ;p

Also, unrelated, but after today I will put the Leaks and Datamines section of the OP in spoiler tags, to shorten the post and allow to see and get to the moveset section quicker. Unless someone can see a reason not to do that.

I think it's a few hours until SE. :)

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I like that pic so much. It's so cute :D

You know, the other day when I was listening to some, I'm not sure which ones would be my favorites, because i love some as much for different reasons ;p

Also, unrelated, but after today I will put the Leaks and Datamines section of the OP in spoiler tags, to shorten the post and allow to see and get to the moveset section quicker. Unless someone can see a reason not to do that.

I think it's a few hours until SE. :)
funny even tho I've never played 3 but i think its battle theme is really good

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I would not say my RPG criteria is high, I just wanted better character arcs. That's pretty much what I crave for in anime/manga nowadays. :L
Maybe you'd like DQ4? The characters have their own chapters before coming together for the final chapter.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So, we know a good amount of DQ news should be heading our way. Question is, if they don’t say anything DQ tonight, does it bode better for us tomorrow?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, we know a good amount of DQ news should be heading our way. Question is, if they don’t say anything DQ tonight, does it bode better for us tomorrow?
I'd expect a few things tonight. If there's DQ collection anywhere, i think it could also fit very well for nintendo's, so i think it'd be nice to see a little about other dq stuff tonight, but i'll be happy just to see any :)

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I won't be able to watch it since I need to study for a test tomorrow, but here is hope that we will see something truly new for DQ there.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
i learned it's gonna start at 6 so i'll be able to see it thank god also if you guys are into indies you should check out kindafunny games stream they had a bunch of cool games

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
I don't blame you if you decide you don't ever really want to replay Dragon Quest V, BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 , but, at the very least, if by some chance you ever DO decide to, then I just want to reiterate that yes, you will have a much more fleshed out cast of characters if you remember to use the Talk command after speaking with every NPC.

Each consecutive Talk will cycle through each of your party members, so remember to use Talk for every human party member currently with you (monsters just say the same thing every time). They won't only have something to say to NPCs, either, they'll also sometimes comment upon examining something like a sign or solving a puzzle.

Either way, as this is the last day you're spending on this website, I'll wish that you take care of yourself. Thank you for giving the series a chance.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
10 minutes to go. I doubt we'll get an Erdrick announcement during this but here's hoping we get more ports of the DQ games.

D

Deleted member

Three minutes! I'll do my best to keep the thread posted with any DQ news by editing this post.
-DQB2 extended trailer, with demo out on PSN (not switch?) on June 27th.
-DQXIS new trailer, not much new.
....and, that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Yay Dragon Quest Builders 2 showcase

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That Dragon Quest Builders 2 look so good! Anyone gonna get it?

D

Deleted member

Well, I am gonna leave Smashboards today.

I appreciate you guys for helping me get into Dragon Quest games, even though I have been neutral towards the games as I finished them.

I am definitely going to get DQ11S when it releases on the Switch.

Here is hoping Erdrick happens, he is an essential Japanese gaming icon needed in the roster.
Hey Blue, Im Tord the Red Leader, or as i used to be Called, Speedwagon.

Just came here to say i will miss you, you had passion only few users can compare (Chronobound and BKupa come to mind), I will always remember the times you showcased all those interesing ideas and i hope the path you take becomes a successful one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom