• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Sabi just got a cease and desist from Nintendo. So no Nintendo leaks unless Vergeben and Papagenos decide to take over.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm a bit confused why you have high criteria like that for a game that was made in 1992. Back then character relating and bonding was very rare.. And I really dont think it was supposed to be a main hook or anything.
Judging a 1992 game by 2019 standards? :awesome:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Judging a 1992 game by 2019 standards? :awesome:
I already find it hard to find games nowadays that have good bonding systems. I can get bored with persona's, but then maybe i'm asking for something that could take a lot of work, when that's just a part of the game. I would say I can enjoy persona quite a bit, but i have to be in line with the whole experience, not just what im looking for. But I would love for a game to have something pretty advanced. There's some I know that quite a bit to them but they can also get repetitive otherwise, though that's not bad for someone who enjoys a little grind maybe.

I actually enjoy a little grind in rpgs, it makes it feel more like overcoming an obstacle, and i remember the first dragon quest I played I had a load of fun figuring how to fight and heal so that i could survive and gain some exp to then be strong enough to keep going. That to me was part of the dragon quest experience. But I'm not opposed to making games more casual, but I think they should always have a difficulty option. It's one reason I feel like pokemon misses the mark a lot with some of us these days, because it's so easy that it doesnt feel as rewarding to train up chosen pokemon. I wonder how many others here feel the same..

Anyway, Those are just a few things that were on my mind about dragon quest. I get my fix for stories watching anime and other stuff so it doesn't matter to me too too much if the story isn't as involved. I definitely dont mind them, especially when they're interesting to me :p and not saying dragon quest isn't interesting, because there's definitely a lot of parts i like and enjoy going through including story.

That's just a bit about how i think of it for dragon quest. :)

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not gonna lie, Sabi's C&D from Nintendo smells kinda shady.

Last edited by a moderator:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Who knows what's gonna happen. All I know is that hopefully the server doesn't suddenly get involved too (I'm a part of it after all lol)

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It's one reason I feel like pokemon misses the mark a lot with some of us these days, because it's so easy that it doesnt feel as rewarding to train up chosen pokemon. I wonder how many others here feel the same.
You're not alone. I often have to put self-imposed rules on myself to make the new Pokémon games hard enough for me to feel something again (I act as if the multiplayer rules, where items can't be used from the bag and the game doesn't tell you ahead of time what the next Pokémon your opponent will send out is, are active in my runs, and also I never catch more than 6 Pokémon not counting my starter or a mandatory Legendary). I love Pokémon to death, but no one around me, whether irl or in my circle of internet friends, likes / plays Pokémon anymore, meaning the challenging fights I had with friends head to head aren't possible for me anymore. So when I play the games, they're often too easy and hand holdy.

And, like, I get it. Pokémon is a success because of a winning formula that has required very little changing since Red and Blue. But man, I wish there was at least a hard mode. Black 2 / White 2 had a hard mode, actually, but weirdly enough you had to unlock it, and it was exclusive to one version. I wish they brought hard mode back.

Last edited:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I'm really hyped for SE tomorrow, I really want to know what Dragon Quest info we're going to get

Id say I wanted DLC for XI, but honestly I don't see what they would do.
the XIs content seems to be exclusive to the Switch (the 3ds version even had exclusive content)

Inb4 it's just another jump force character

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I'm really hyped for SE tomorrow, I really want to know what Dragon Quest info we're going to get

Id say I wanted DLC for XI, but honestly I don't see what they would do.
the XIs content seems to be exclusive to the Switch (the 3ds version even had exclusive content)

Inb4 it's just another jump force character
I really hope it's something special. Also:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I really hope it's something special. Also:

XI Spoilers
They could give us a story that allows us to play through Erdwins quest, or atleast some of it. Up until the point in which he dies. Small somehwat cheap DLCs to expand the lore seem neat.

Also that Kirby image is adorable

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
XI Spoilers
They could give us a story that allows us to play through Erdwins quest, or atleast some of it. Up until the point in which he dies. Small somehwat cheap DLCs to expand the lore seem neat.

Also that Kirby image is adorable
Just want to say. With no context. Yes ****ing please. Yes ****ING PLEASE.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Shady or not, it's been confirmed by several people and Sabi posted the email in question (before taking it down likely for violating some kind of confidentiality thing). It's legit.
Why would you post an email if it's confidential? Like, the way I see it if people don't want to believe you and want to be skeptical then let them. You shouldn't have to break the law just to prove something to your fans, if that makes sense. I don't think she's obligated to prove anything to any of us. There will always be some people who believe her and some people who are skeptical. But if she got a C&D then she should just stop talking about this stuff. She's not obligated to prove to anyone whether the C&D is true or not. That's how I see it at least.

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Why would you post an email if it's confidential? Like, the way I see it if people don't want to believe you and want to be skeptical then let them. You shouldn't have to break the law just to prove something to your fans, if that makes sense. I don't think she's obligated to prove anything to any of us. There will always be some people who believe her and some people who are skeptical. But if she got a C&D then she should just stop talking about this stuff. She's not obligated to prove to anyone whether the C&D is true or not. That's how I see it at least.
I'm assuming it was an honest mistake on her part. I saw the email myself, but won't post it for rather obvious reasons.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
And so with no light at the end of this journey we drift into the darkness blind without guidance with no word from on high we wait

D

Deleted member

You're not alone. I often have to put self-imposed rules on myself to make the new Pokémon games hard enough for me to feel something again (I act as if the multiplayer rules, where items can't be used from the bag and the game doesn't tell you ahead of time what the next Pokémon your opponent will send out is, are active in my runs, and also I never catch more than 6 Pokémon not counting my starter or a mandatory Legendary). I love Pokémon to death, but no one around me, whether irl or in my circle of internet friends, likes / plays Pokémon anymore, meaning the challenging fights I had with friends head to head aren't possible for me anymore. So when I play the games, they're often too easy and hand holdy.

And, like, I get it. Pokémon is a success because of a winning formula that has required very little changing since Red and Blue. But man, I wish there was at least a hard mode. Black 2 / White 2 had a hard mode, actually, but weirdly enough you had to unlock it, and it was exclusive to one version. I wish they brought hard mode back.
My issue with Pokemon's gameplay is its either too easy or too annoying. If you come equipped with basic type matching, occasional level grinding, and a lot of potions, nothing should theoretically get in your way. When things do get in your way, it's usually because the opponent is a higher level than you with ridiculous one-shot moves, which isn't my idea of challenge. It's my idea of "**** you; grind more." Then in most RPGs, you typically level up the party as a whole in every fight, while in Pokemon you're leveling up everybody individually. It was a pace killer till they made the exp share more efficient.

You're right, though. Friends probably make up the bulk of the Pokemon experience, and I didn't really have friends I liked enough to battle Pokemon with.

I have great memories as a kid beating Lance and his elite four in Gen 2's remake, though. Some experiences you just can't replace

Last edited by a moderator:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
My issue with Pokemon's gameplay is its either too easy or too annoying. If you come equipped with basic type matching, occasional level grinding, and a lot of potions, nothing should theoretically get in your way. When things do get in your way, it's usually because the opponent is a higher level than you with ridiculous one-shot moves, which isn't my idea of challenge. It's my idea of "**** you; grind more." Then in most RPGs, you typically level up the party as a whole in every fight, while in Pokemon you're leveling up everybody individually. It was a pace killer till they made the exp share more efficient.

You're right, though. Friends probably make up the bulk of the Pokemon experience, and I didn't really have friends I liked enough to battle Pokemon with.

I have great memories as a kid beating Lance and his elite four in Gen 2's remake, though. Some experiences you just can't replace
I'd say check out the mystery dungeon games there one of the best pokemon spin offs second would be the pokemon ranger games

D

Deleted member

I'd say check out the mystery dungeon games there one of the best pokemon spin offs second would be the pokemon ranger games
I might tried them out because I heard good things about them. What's the best one to start with?

D

Deleted member

I would like to be tagged if Square shows Dragon Quest stuff at their conference.

I will be sleeping since I have an exam tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom