• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Mii Swordfighter won.

Proof sword characters are better than anyone else *cheekily looks around this thread*

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Here comes the Bowz

Next fighter confirmed for the proper Nintendo E3 Direct. We have full confirmation now.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Edit: didn't think I'd double post so I'm putting this in the previous post, please delete this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It does sound like that. Although with sakurai you never know ;)

But yeah we might only count for 1 character to be revealed.
At least we know there's one now.
Seems like it. I wonder who. Banjo seems hyped up recently but Erdrick is a long time coming for us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
With how Sakurai worded that, I thin we'll only get one character-

Still hopeful for two

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Seems like it. I wonder who. Banjo seems hyped up recently but Erdrick is a long time coming for us.
Honestly, I could easily see it going either way. (or unexpected character, but i think less chance on that)

I bet a ton of people will root for banjo because there'll probably be something banjo at the microsoft one.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I could easily see it going either way. (or unexpected character, but i think less chance on that)

I bet a ton of people will root for banjo because there'll probably be something banjo at the microsoft one.
Yeah, I'm leaning toward Banjo. Given how he was recently marketed and then hinted by Shinobi, I'm expecting a jiggy-tastic time.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
It sounds like reveal 1, but they could tease another.
1am on the 12th, aka Nintendos E3. It starts at 1am in Japan I think.

Nintendos E3 Direct Starts on the 12th from 11-12pm EST
So Idk what that translates too for Japan

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Yeah, I'm leaning toward Banjo. Given how he was recently marketed and then hinted by Shinobi, I'm expecting a jiggy-tastic time.
I think it'd be erdrick because brave was the second character worked on.

It was early tho, so things could've shifted around too tho

zferolie

Smash Hero
With how Sakurai worded that, I thin we'll only get one character-

Still hopeful for two
1am on the 12th, aka Nintendos E3. It starts at 1am in Japan I think.

Nintendos E3 Direct Starts on the 12th from 11-12pm EST
So Idk what that translates too for Japan
I was saying reveal 1 character, not the time. Its 12 PM EST.

I think we could get the Banjo trailer tommorow, Banjo info Tuesday, and a Trailer for the next at the end of the direct, could be a DQ, could be something else.

D

Deleted member

I think it'd be erdrick because brave was the second character worked on.

It was early tho, so things could've shifted around too tho
Theoretically, I can see Brave being pushed back in favor of Nintendo teaming up with Microsoft, assuming Brave is Erdrick. Therefore, push Erdrick back to work on Banjo. We already know two fighters are currently being worked on right now

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I don't think two is impossible. There's no way they would flat-out say ahead of time that there would be more than one. I sure wouldn't count on it, though.

That does pretty much eliminate the possibility of a reveal anywhere else before the Direct, like at anyone else's conference, as remote as that was.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Theoretically, I can see Brave being pushed back in favor of Nintendo teaming up with Microsoft, assuming Brave is Erdrick. Therefore, push Erdrick back to work on Banjo. We already know two fighters are currently being worked on right now
That'd be possible, but i want my main as soon as i can ;p

D

Deleted member

I doubt we will get any info outside the direct. If there's something for BK non-Smash related then tomorrow its showtime, but if it's Smash related then it's only going to be shown on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member

I doubt we will get any info outside the direct. If there's something for BK non-Smash related then tomorrow its showtime, but if it's Smash related then it's only going to be shown on Tuesday.
Pretty much this. Now we just gotta see if Banjo is even going to get new content anymore from Microsoft

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Which is too bad because i was excited for any potential surprises elsewhere. But there'll be some with other stuff still ;p

Looking to see what's new with Dragon Quest at SE.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Well that one guy on Twitter said we'd get a character shown today during the tournament. Does anyone have that tweet? I would like to see it again. He said we'd get a DQ character during the tournament but it wouldn't be who we are expecting, so since we didn't get a character, that means his info isn't correct and it still could be who we're expecting

Edit: Nevermind, here it is https://twitter.com/MTLSaiyan/status/1137171704785121280

I guess that means he's wrong and we still very well could get Erdrick on Tuesday

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well that one guy on Twitter said we'd get a character shown today during the tournament. Does anyone have that tweet? I would like to see it again. He said we'd get a DQ character during the tournament but it wouldn't be who we are expecting, so since we didn't get a character, that means his info isn't correct and it still could be who we're expecting
Yeah that was probably all bull****. you can dismiss it ;p

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
And now people are jumping the gun on Erdrick being dead/leakbait. Jeez...

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This will be a little bit harder to be patient (for the next days), lol.

And i probably will check out talks people have even less. I dont wanna be part of more erdrick vs banjo debates,.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And now people are jumping the gun on Erdrick being dead/leakbait.
Why is it that people take everything they don't like as leakbait? I wonder what would happen if someone proposed that about BK.

I mean, just thinking logically if you were to bait someone you would use something popular and in the case of SE pretty much any of the Square 7 would be more likely to be leakbait.

D

Deleted member

For those who don't frequent the social thread, Shinobi, the same man who hinted at Banjo for Smash, just retweeted Sakurai's direct announcement. I have his twitter so anyone's more than welcome to look for patterns, but I think he knows he's the guy who leaked Banjo and is drumming up hype. This, to me, means Banjo for E3.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know, I'm actually glad we didn't get any reveals today. There's a much better environment to show something off at nintendo's direct, including showing games coming to the switch, etc.

D

Deleted member

You know, I'm actually glad we didn't get any reveals today. There's a much better environment to show something off at nintendo's direct, including showing games coming to the switch, etc.
I agree. I think a Nintendo direct is the most comfortable place to reveal a newcomer because everybody expects one there. Whoever's revealed next, let's hope it's a smashing good time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I agree. I think a Nintendo direct is the most comfortable place to reveal a newcomer because everybody expects one there. Whoever's revealed next, let's hope it's a smashing good time.
Well, you're not competing with erdrick, so try to root a little for that reveal too ;)

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Keep in mind, Japan doesn't actually have plurals as part of their syntax. Whether or not someone is speaking about one or multiple is generally established by the greater context of the conversation.

This doesn't mean that multiple reveals are guaranteed, but it's worth noting that Sakurai's statement doesn't completely confirm only one reveal on Tuesday.

D

Deleted member

Well, you're not competing with erdrick, so try to root a little for that reveal too ;)
I'll admit, I'm totally Banjo > Erdrick, so I'm gonna be biased over who I want first. Maybe that's inappropriate for this thread though, so I apologize for that attitude.

With that said, god damn. I'm shocked we might not get Erdrick now. I want two reveals but I'm going to go into the direct pessimistic about the number of newcomers

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Keep in mind, Japan doesn't actually have plurals as part of their syntax. Whether or not someone is speaking about one or multiple is generally established by the greater context of the conversation.

This doesn't mean that multiple reveals are guaranteed, but it's worth noting that Sakurai's statement doesn't completely confirm only one reveal on Tuesday.
Yup. There's a few thoughts ive seen around. There might be one that's almost ready to be released and that'd be the main focus, but they could still announce the 3rd dlc as a tease at the end or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom