• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plato Xaiver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theplato90
Switch FC
SW-6928-3432-9787
I was on my phone when the challenger approaching theme played and had a heart attack :^)

I don't even expect a reveal jesus my heart

D

Deleted member

I was on my phone when the challenger approaching theme played and had a heart attack :^)

I don't even expect a reveal jesus my heart
I was in another tab and was immediately confused when I heard it lol.

Also this looks like it'll take a while due to time. I'll go make dinner for myself.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was in another tab and was immediately confused when I heard it lol.

Also this looks like it'll take a while due to time. I'll go make dinner for myself.
I missed most of splatoon stuff to take care of things and eat supper. I should be good for smash now :)

D

Deleted member

Alright. Let's go, America.

*Knows nothing about the actual contestants.*

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Just got an opportunity to watch the stream. Splatoon apparently got news after their championship ended, looks like I gotta stay in case there's announcement when the Smash championship is done.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Just got an opportunity to watch the stream. Splatoon apparently got news after their championship ended, looks like I gotta stay in case there's announcement when the Smash championship is done.
It’s a little hard though because this tournament sucks

D

Deleted member

I suppose it's not as exciting as other tournaments I've caught, but Nintendo's gonna Nintendo, and some matches are pretty good so far.
It probably would have been better if they got people I knew like ESAM or Zero.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don’t like playing with items. But watching this tournament isn’t cringe.

Actually I’d love to play Assists and Smash Balls only with friends sometime.

I don’t want to expect anything at the end of the tournament. They’re probably saving the big guns for E3.

Although it bodes really well for us if there is a character announced.

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
It probably would have been better if they got people I knew like ESAM or Zero.
Maybe, though I'm okay with all the new faces.

I don’t like playing with items. But watching this tournament isn’t cringe.

Actually I’d love to play Assists and Smash Balls only with friends sometime.

I don’t want to expect anything at the end of the tournament. They’re probably saving the big guns for E3.

Although it bodes really well for us if there is a character announced.
I'm trying not to get too excited either, but once I heard Splatoon got news I knew I needed to watch this tourney just in case.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Dunno. Could take a while but i doubt it'd take 2 more hours or something.
Thanks, I'm not watching it now to don't jinx it. Probably after dinner It could be announced and I will see it.

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
Daisy suddenly dying in this current Squad Strike due to the party ball despite having a lead is kind of why I'm always iffy on items in tournaments.

D

Deleted member

Ugh. That was a good match but then the smash ball come back.
Daisy suddenly dying in this current Squad Strike due to the party ball despite having a lead is kind of why I'm always iffy on items in tournaments.
And this is with items low and some turned off. Imagine if you had to juggle Tiki, Keldeo, a star man, and a final smash at once.

Interestingly, the best plays are done when items aren't on the stage.

Yatanagi

Smash Journeyman
Items on are good to hardcore training. You put high level cpu or well trained Amiibos, items on high and can't use the items or took advantage of them.

D

Deleted member

We're on the finals now, y'all. I don't think we're getting anybody, but hey. At least there were some cool moments/dinner.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I'm with y'all to the end!

It's Europe (Banjo) VS Japan (Erdrick)

Coincidence? /S

Last edited:

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
As someone who plays Cloud quite a bit I still think he needs a few nerfs. It's never surprising if Cloud ever sweeps anything.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
As someone who plays Cloud quite a bit I still think he needs a few nerfs. It's never surprising if Cloud ever sweeps anything.
I know people who think the opposite. But they played him in smash 4, so that might be part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom