• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Jon from GameXplain said something about a gen 8 pokemon getting in and I really hope that doesn't happen because I'd rather have no more pokemon but its just speculation he also said that it also could be our boy from 11 getting in over our boy from 3 which i don't mind either way but man do i hope the pokemon thing doesn't happen

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Jon from GameXplain said something about a gen 8 pokemon getting in and I really hope that doesn't happen because I'd rather have no more pokemon but its just speculation he also said that it also could be our boy from 11 getting in over our boy from 3 which i don't mind either way but man do i hope the pokemon thing doesn't happen
Pure speculation. And they wouldn't release a new pokemon so far in advance of the game itself. I really dont expect some pokemon reveal unless it's a later dlc, like if they'd reveal 3 characters at e3, which is obviously a lot ;p

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Pure speculation. And they wouldn't release a new pokemon so far in advance of the game itself. I really dont expect some pokemon reveal unless it's a later dlc, like if they'd reveal 3 characters at e3, which is obviously a lot ;p
Well they did put corrin in before we got to know him I really don't want that again that's what has me on edge

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well they did put corrin in before we got to know him I really don't want that again that's what has me on edge
That was different enough, the game was already out in japan, and the release wasn't as far away.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but i really dont expect it. And in any case, we dont fully know what's going to happen, so just try to enjoy what nintendo's been working on ;)

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
That was different enough, the game was already out in japan, and the release wasn't as far away.

Not saying it couldn't happen, but i really dont expect it. And in any case, we dont fully know what's going to happen, so just try to enjoy what nintendo's been working on ;)
True enough I'm just excited because we only have one more day till Sunday kicks it all off

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Did we like all change our pfps at the same time? XD

Anyway, some account on Twitter called Source Nintendo is saying that we’re getting a DQ rep on The tournament tomorrow. But I don’t know what to trust lately. He seems desperate to get a good rep, and to show off predictions that came true.
That... isn’t a good sign of credibility, imo.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
Did we like all change our pfps at the same time? XD

Anyway, some account on Twitter called Source Nintendo is saying that we’re getting a DQ rep on The tournament tomorrow. But I don’t know what to trust lately. He seems desperate to get a good rep, and to show off predictions that came true.
That... isn’t a good sign of credibility, imo.
I've been looking into that account to see if they're a tweet deleter leaker. Haven't found anything damning yet.

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
Are we pitching DQ style ideas? I have one I had a while ago. It's a bit long.

You play as the descendant of someone who was in the party of the legendary hero. In my view, a girl. Distant mom since she is out on journeys. You can tame monsters which is a rare skill.
You start some adventuring out of boredom and sincerely, everyone is kinda okay into letting you go, it's in your blood, after all.
Party is made, leads into more and more scuffles with monsters, which should really be gone from this continent.
The big boss is discovered trying to get a relic, you fight and win, temple starts to crumble, everyone runs, last minute, the hero returns and sees the boss is still kicking and about to seize the relic, one last fight, boss defeated for good, temple crumbles, fade to black.

Cue to your starting another adventure. This time with the daughter of one of the wizards on the devil king's army who has since been sealed by the legendary hero's party.
Chaos has ruled since the heir to the demon king died in some temple trying to steal a relic. Your character sees it as her chance, starts to plot her path to being the queen.
You travel incognito through human lands, seizing relics, fighting off other monsters, recruiting some, making friends allies and growing up DQ5 style, despite playing a villain, there is nothing terrible you do outside of theft and a bit of trickery. Ends when she is all grown up into a YA from the kid you started with.

Back to the first hero, who survived (but has no party outside of her monsters), has grown up, and is stuck on this wild continent. You explore and discover some important stuff, including that your family is bigger than what you think it is. Then you are found by this pirate, beat them in a fight, and take over their ship. You gather your party back to some extent, off to get a relic on a volcano where you meet a familiar face, the other protagonist. Solo face-off between the two.

She is the hero's sister, by the way. The mom had a relationship with one the villains thinking she could change his ways, but she never could, even after she had twins. Not the case with your sister though, she is a bit tsundere, but upon hearing about what is going up on this third continent, she joins your party with her monsters and friends allies. Later you can unlock both bloodline classes for your characters, Hero/Yuusha and Demon King/Maou (which works as a monster tamer class, and is linked to why both protags can recruit monsters, also ice magic to contrast with the Hero's fire), both protagonists can use either (but not both the same class at the same time) which is a bit of the gimmick of the story. I guess.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well while I dont trust or distrust this supposed leaker, I'm definitely more pumped to see if there's any news at the tournament now :)

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Is it bad I want a game with the beta design for the hero of 6 I thought he looked so badass and I was really sad that was scraped
Prototype_HeroDQVI.jpg

D

Deleted member

The thing about that account is that they are clearly posting anything they deem to be "credible". They posted a few fake leak DMs.

It's obviously an account trying to build credibility, and they did get the SwSh release date correct back in November of 2018 (https://twitter.com/Source_Nintendo/status/1060295429361950720). Whether that was a lucky guess or not is up for interpretation.
Pokemon normally releases around that time, so I don't think it helps much.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Am I too late to jump on the supporter's list? I've become a firm believer in Erdrick for a while, but the recent rumors have made me more sure than ever.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Is it bad I want a game with the beta design for the hero of 6 I thought he looked so badass and I was really sad that was scraped View attachment 226573
Looks so much like Terry, it's kind of curious how he seems to be like an alternate hero in DQ6 (other than Amos, but he's more like a village hero, and Terry is a full fledged DQ hero through and through).
But yeah, I'd really dig this design.

The thing about that account is that they are clearly posting anything they deem to be "credible". They posted a few fake leak DMs.

It's obviously an account trying to build credibility, and they did get the SwSh release date correct back in November of 2018 (https://twitter.com/Source_Nintendo/status/1060295429361950720). Whether that was a lucky guess or not is up for interpretation.
Ah cool. Guess I'll keep an eye on the account for a while, thanks!

Am I too late to jump on the supporter's list? I've become a firm believer in Erdrick for a while, but the recent rumors have made me more sure than ever.
It's never too late, mate! Not until support threads are closed down!

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
NoOtherPersona NoOtherPersona First things first, your new pfp of the first hero is badass. Just wanted to let you know that lol.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

All I got man ;(
Thank you
Also thanks R Rumble Red for the explanation but I do prefer that beta look mostly the hair we need a blonde hero that isn't a spin off character I just get a totally different vibe from beta 6 then I do Terry

Last edited:

PhaseDistorter

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I made some possible recolors I'd like to see if Erdrick gets in. (Just the male ones for now, but I do expect a female alt in the actual game)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Pokemon normally releases around that time, so I don't think it helps much.
A new pokemon game wasn't guaranteed at that time, and looking at the release dates for pokemon, it's true it's been in november for the last few ones, but none specifically on november 15. But i wonder if funnily enough they release games around a special time or something? it's been changing by one day for the last 3-4 years. So maybe not impossible to predict, not really sure haha.

I saw a few other things they posted and they might have gotten some things right, but not all that many, and they say it might not be 100%. I cant really dismiss them outright, at least, It just makes me curious for now :)

Last edited:

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
A new pokemon game wasn't guaranteed at that time, and looking at the release dates for pokemon, it's true it's been in november for the last few ones, but none specifically on november 15. But i wonder if funnily enough they release games around a special date or something? it's been changing by one day for the last 3-4 years. So maybe not impossible to predict, not really sure haha.

I saw a few other things they posted and they may have gotten some things right, but not all that many, and they say it might not be 100%. I cant really dismiss them outright, at least, It just makes me curious for now :)
Nintendo release dates are easy and they almost always have a major release the week before Black Friday. We did know that we we getting a Pokemon game in 2019, we just didn't know when.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Nintendo release dates are easy and they almost always have a major release the week before Black Friday. We did know that we we getting a Pokemon game in 2019, we just didn't know when.
edit: nvm, the last press conference in 2018, got it.

Hopefully this isn't one of those 'leakers' that makes a ton of guesses and deletes the ones that dont pan out ;p
Maybe they have some sources tho.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

This was on the recent Erdrick tweet on official merch for DQ. Just want to say, if this is Erdrick. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
All I can think of when I see this pic: “Ike, eat your heart out.”

Seriously though, great design. I think it would translate well into Smash considering its love for detail.

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
All I can think of when I see this pic: “Ike, eat your heart out.”

Seriously though, great design. I think it would translate well into Smash considering its love for detail.
Best part is this design existed for a while now. Used to be in the live spectacle show. The fact that they are promoting it (well I dont know if its recent or not) proves the design is popular at least.

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
edit: nvm, the last press conference in 2018, got it.

Hopefully this isn't one of those 'leakers' that makes a ton of guesses and deletes the ones that dont pan out ;p
Maybe they have some sources tho.
The one thing I will say is that they were saying Steve in Smash this whole year thus far and only changed their position the day before Shinobi made his Banjo post. They claimed that Steve was leak bait and they think it would be Banjo instead. It's coincidental, and one of the reasons I've been trying to figure out their level of credibility.

Adol Christin

Smash Cadet
I quit Dragon Quest V.
Big big mistake my friend. Dragon Temple is the most difficult dungeon you'll have to go through in this game, so yes, that's why the difficulty spike seems too be harsh. But with 2 more level and a good equipement it should be fine.
Also, keep in mind that the DS port was made easier than the regular one on Snes.
Once Dragon Temple is done, you should be fine.
And if you like character's building, do not hesitate to use the party chat feature which allow you to hear what you childs have to say about the place you're visiting and after almost every line said by some NPC. It shape the relationship between the dad ans the kids so well.

And don't worry: Dragon Quest 11 is rather easy. You will not need to grind.
And it's way more character driven than before. The group will become a true band of brothers (and sisters) with awesome feats and lines of speech.
It's way easier to play and enjoy than any other Dragon Quest.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I'm not sure if I'm already on the supporters list, but if not can I be added please?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Big big mistake my friend. Dragon Temple is the most difficult dungeon you'll have to go through in this game, so yes, that's why the difficulty spike seems too be harsh. But with 2 more level and a good equipement it should be fine.
Also, keep in mind that the DS port was made easier than the regular one on Snes.
And if you like character's building, do not hesitate to use the party chat feature which allow you to hear what you childs have to say about the place you're visiting and after almost every line said by some NPC. It shape the relationship between the dad ans the kids so well.

And it's way more character driven than before. The group will become a true band of brothers (and sisters) with awesome feats and lines of speech.
Ummm why are you a blonde anime girl and not a red-headed adventurer?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Is that so? Hmm, I mean now I am kinda regretting that I deleted the DQ iOS app because of the completionist within me. But at the same time, I kind of have a low drive because there is only one enemy there that gives out thousand cash, and I feel going out to buy top defense gear is going to be a major grinding fest that is un-fun for the next several hours.

And huh, I did not know that the Party chat could interact with all NPCs. But, my experience with the feature thus far has been less than impressive. I feel like the game never motivated me that much to use Party chat. I must have been in a bad position because whenever I tried to use it, it was most often with monster recruit team members that have the same lines over and over again. The few times I tried to use Party chat with my kids were kinda what I expected a child would say, which had its novelty in the first part of the protagonist's child arc of the game. I think it is because I despise the "talk to every NPC to progress the story" side quests that discouraged me from thinking about using the Party chat feature.

Plus, NPC interaction with townspeople in general in DQ5 are boring to talk to, it is super typical writing I see for an RPG.

D

Deleted member

Since many people changed avatars here, I decided to use my summer avatar already.

D

Deleted member

What gives me hope was the Pokemon direct a couple days ago. Logically, that's Pokemon's E3 contribution so I wouldn't worry too much about a Pokemon newcomer yet if we didn't see a starter evolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom