• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The hero of Dragon Quest III, Erdrick, joins the battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Today I bought the first 3 DQ games on GBC. This is actually the first time I've touched these versions, but the improvements exclusive to them seem really nice.

Any reason to believe this in particular?
None just wanted to make note of it I could see it happening and I have no idea who this guy is but it seems reasonable so that's why i shared it

Teeb147

Smash Legend
it wasn't but we will know something Sunday because sabi dropping that good info that is if your down with knowing stuff early
I dont know how i feel about those info drops. They might miss something too and I might like to see everything fresh at e3.
i guess spoiler tags would be an option too?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I dont know how i feel about those info drops. They might miss something too and I might like to see everything fresh at e3.
i guess spoiler tags would be an option too?
They have a whole section dedicated to e3 leaks so If you join there discord you shouldn't get spoiled but I can't promise you that

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They have a whole section dedicated to e3 leaks so If you join there discord you shouldn't get spoiled but I can't promise you that
Oh. Well I meant around the forums. People talk about leaks quite a lot, so im thinking people could use spoilers for those, or i might just not visit the forums on that day, dunno.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Playing catch up again:

Sweet posters @JDCabrera ! I once had my room full of them.

On twitter hate: they’re being beyond ridiculous now. Like they complain about the fact that he’s a swordsman, and then when people share my moveset to illustrate them, they complain that they would never program all those moves in.

On news dump: Sounds cool. Sad they won’t announce him during the tournament... but I doubt this is real.
Has anyone ever guessed something like a presentation? And from Nintendo no less?
As I type this I think someone once got one right where it was mostly about indie games, but I’m not completely sure.

Hope you’re all doing fine!
Only 2 days before E3!
Can’t wait to see what Bethesda wants to show. It’ll be a good timekiller until Square Enox’s And Nintendo’s events, although I only love Doom, I like Wolfenstein, and I’ve always been curious about Quake.

MrBaconJam

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrBaconJam64
Switch FC
SW-0527-7451-6902
Some screenshots just appeared online. Pretty sure it's a fake.
Can't find the source yet.

The model looks a bit too blend to be an official one, but hey, we never know.
The fact that the ingame model and the render model looked visually identical makes this look genuinely fake to me. The unnatural idle stance doesn't help either.

- Dragon Quest's main theme, obviously.
- Hero's Challenge
- Adventure
- My Road My Journey

That will be well enough, those tracks are awesome.
I just hope either SE or Sugiyama don't do anything stupid when it comes to bringing DQ music to Smash. I have a feeling that they will, but I just hope they won't.

Last edited:

JoeStronger

Smash Cadet
I dunno if someone already said it, but I'd like it if Erdrick's Perfect Shield animation involved Kaclang, turning him to steel for a few frames...
Kaclang as a usable move seems kinda broken and too similar to Kirby's Stone ability...

EDIT: The image appears to be broken. Goddamnit...

Last edited:

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
I dunno if someone already said it, but I'd like it if Erdrick's Perfect Shield animation involved Kaclang, turning him to steel for a few frames...
Kaclang as a usable move seems kinda broken and too similar to Kirby's Stone ability...

EDIT: The image appears to be broken. Goddamnit...
I get where you're coming from. That would be an interesting concept. What would you have as a down b then.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Some screenshots just appeared online. Pretty sure it's a fake.
Can't find the source yet.

The model looks a bit too blend to be an official one, but hey, we never know.
Why does the model look like a Mii? Especially in the face. The eyes look like a Mii face (if that makes sense.)

Also Teeb147 Teeb147 you might as well put me on the supporters list! Really looking forward to Dragon Quest XI S and now we got news on DQ XII happening!

NomadLuminary

Smash Ace
Why does the model look like a Mii? Especially in the face. The eyes look like a Mii face (if that makes sense.)

Also Teeb147 Teeb147 you might as well put me on the supporters list! Really looking forward to Dragon Quest XI S and now we got news on DQ XII happening!
Thanks!

And I agree, that model is too disgusting to be considered worthy rofl.

D

Deleted member

I’ve seen a lot of people at the Banjo thread wishing good things to DQ fans in general.

Seeing stuff like that makes me happy.

StormC

Smash Hero
As a Banjo fan, I definitely think DQ has earned a spot in Smash and I hope both are revealed at E3. It would suck if after all these months Erdrick is a no show.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I'm sure Nintendo wouldn't want E3 to be too Smash focused.
7-10 min for Smash seems fine, if not 15 at the most.
But sakurai likes to go into details with each new reveal (The moveset,stage and other small references).
10 minutes seems a bit short for two characters and a new mode.
Then again you're right, they probably don't want smash to steal the spotlight for too long.

Rumble Red

Smash Journeyman
I'd prefer Erdrick, but the Luminary would be fine. Good if he had Erdwin's outfit as an alt, I'd always use that. Or the Mardi Garb.

Seems like it's gonna be a busy E3 for Nintendo. 7-8 minutes seems almost on the long side for Smash unless there was a big new mode, something more substantial than Home-Run Contest. I'd save as much of that stuff for a separate presentation as possible.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd prefer Erdrick, but the Luminary would be fine. Good if he had Erdwin's outfit as an alt, I'd always use that. Or the Mardi Garb.

Seems like it's gonna be a busy E3 for Nintendo. 7-8 minutes seems almost on the long side for Smash unless there was a big new mode, something more substantial than Home-Run Contest. I'd save as much of that stuff for a separate presentation as possible.
Personally, no Mardi-Garb would be a dealbreaker for me :4pacman:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Idk if anyone has brought this up, but wasn’t there 16 “dummy” slots for characters found? While these could be random place holders I wonder if every main DQ hero could potentially have a spot. Kind of works out . I’m not too familiar with the series, but it’s my understanding Erdrick is just a title. So those 16

1. piranha plant
2. Joker
3. Banjo
4. Dlc Character
5. DLC Character
Then you basically have the 11 DQ heroes.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Luminary over Erdrick does not line up with what we’ve heard from Tansut. He said the character would have a male and female alt, which unless I’m mistaken as I have played DQ11 yet, Luminary doesn’t have. This is based of that Banjo Amiibo leaker, which I don’t think has something to prove that he’s legit while Tansut has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom