• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Nikwadtkhil

Smash Cadet
Anti Pit questions-

1.) How do i actually get a hit in/approach on good pit's seeing as how if i shield he can aerial all day and push me back just enough to not get hit and then get combo crazy, they use arrows well if i'm at a distance, F-smash comes out like lightning and decides to kill me beforei can get a move in >.<

2.) Can WOI be gimped realistically? Questioning because the pit can recover aerially like Snake and sttack cancel or hug the stage to not get hit

3.) Seriously how do i shield effectively lol

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Anti Pit questions-

1.) How do i actually get a hit in/approach on good pit's seeing as how if i shield he can aerial all day and push me back just enough to not get hit and then get combo crazy, they use arrows well if i'm at a distance, F-smash comes out like lightning and decides to kill me beforei can get a move in >.<

2.) Can WOI be gimped realistically? Questioning because the pit can recover aerially like Snake and sttack cancel or hug the stage to not get hit

3.) Seriously how do i shield effectively lol
1.) Giving a character really helps :p

If it's for Sheik, which I'm guessing from your avatar, you're going to want to come in with aerials a blazin', and use your moves that get a nice amount of priority on Pit. You can also shield grab Pit's fair and dash attack too, so make sure that you're watching out for those. You can also DI out of an Fsmash pretty well, so just make sure you're getting out of the attack before you get hit by the 2nd blow.

2.) Attack Pit while the wings are out. Any hit's that he'll receive in that time will nullify the rest of his WoI as well as the remaining jumps he has.

3.) Perfect shield, shield for the duration of the move you're shielding, use it to hold your ground. I'm not sure about what else I could tell you to improve your shield game.

Anybody have an answer for my question I posted a bit back?

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, what is a good way to deal with getting gimped while using WoI?

I played my friend's ROB quite a bit today, and I found that more often that not he was able to just drop under the stage and shoot me when I was trying to escape his Gyro which was buzzing right on the ledge.
You just need to mind game people out of gimping. It just comes with practice. You'll get it eventually. A few simple tips: if your on a stage like battlefield, smashville, etc. one good thing to do is go for the side that you were not hit off of. Also if you slam your control stick in a direction just after the startup of the WoI you'll rocket in a direction so that might help. Answer your question?

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
You just need to mind game people out of gimping. It just comes with practice. You'll get it eventually. A few simple tips: if your on a stage like battlefield, smashville, etc. one good thing to do is go for the side that you were not hit off of. Also if you slam your control stick in a direction just after the startup of the WoI you'll rocket in a direction so that might help. Answer your question?
It helps.

Thank you very much Salty :)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Pit is generally good at Norfair, which can boost his camping capability, and can make much more use of U-air. His Mirror Shield can block 2 outta 4 of the hazards, and he can avoid the lava wave simply by flying out of range.
Pit hates Luigi's Mansion since that stupid thing blocks our arrows, degrades our ability to camp, and we cant glide under the stage. Meta Tornado spam is so gay here.

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
worst: LUIGI'S MANSION by far this is the stage you wanna ban in a tourney
best: norfair or brinstar (most New Mexico tourney's ban norfair)

(so basically everything Admiral Bowser said but just to back him up)

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Pit is generally good at Norfair, which can boost his camping capability, and can make much more use of U-air. His Mirror Shield can block 2 outta 4 of the hazards, and he can avoid the lava wave simply by flying out of range.
Pit hates Luigi's Mansion since that stupid thing blocks our arrows, degrades our ability to camp, and we cant glide under the stage. Meta Tornado spam is so gay here.
worst: LUIGI'S MANSION by far this is the stage you wanna ban in a tourney
best: norfair or brinstar (most New Mexico tourney's ban norfair)

(so basically everything Admiral Bowser said but just to back him up)
QFT. Another fun stage for me personally while using Pit is Rainbow Cruise. His multiple jumps and ability to get around on a stage makes it a fun place to play.

EDIT: And Salty123, I haven't been able to find anything after scouring google, SWF and AiB, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help you there...

Sorry buddy... :(

Byuusan

Smash Journeyman
so anyone have a good idea how to beat snake player on Battlefield?

My local area only has 1 snake player but in BF he just dominates me, all other neutral fields we're in rather level grounds (except Yoshi island, im in a disadvantage there).

I could always ban Battlefield, but then i get screwed over when he picks yoshi island as well.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman

My local area only has 1 snake player but in BF he just dominates me, all other neutral fields we're in rather level grounds (except Yoshi island, im in a disadvantage there).

I could always ban Battlefield, but then i get screwed over when he picks yoshi island as well.
All I can really say is that you need to not let him get and keep you in the air. SH a lot of your aerials, and utilize Pit's ground game. Doing so will lessen your chance to get hit by Snakes crazy upwards attacks.

Salty123

Smash Apprentice

keep hime away from you utilize spacing and arrows. hit him first

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
How do you make it so that Pit's jab doesn't continue the rest of the combo when you decide to follow the jab with something like a grab or a quick down tilt without having to wait for it stop triggering the next jab

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
The reason that, that is happening to you is because of the buffer system. When you try the AAA combo don't spam A so much (give about a half sec between each hit) then just down tilt when you wanta.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
kk quick question,

when people play my pit they say its different than others in that i have a more defensive pit

so i would like some personal opinions on this plz

is pit more effective as an aggressive pit or defensive(not campy, as in somebody that takes minimal risks and waits for opportunities)?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thats all?
Falco and Wario?
wow I thought Pit had WAY more...
kool
It's because you listed the others, and I have a major grudge against Snake, so Im not callin Snake a CP against Pit, he's just cheap, not as cheap as Meta though.

There are occasions when TL may have the upper hand, only because he can outcamp us and the hatred that we have hard times approaching those with longer range than us, but barely, like Falco.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Odd phenomenon today, fellows. I was playing a Pikachu who loves thunder. I was at about 200%, (I wasn't playing anyone skilled.) and once, when he was doing thunder while I was above him, I pulled out mirror shield and took the hit but I didn't go flying. I definitely got hit, because I had the little sparks on me, but I only flew a little bit and had a lot of aerial control. Anyone ever heard of this?

Nikwadtkhil

Smash Cadet
What are the "essential"/most useful Pit AT's other then arrow looping (which is deabatable)?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
For Nikwadtkhil, first a Pit must master the basics before focusing on ATs, as Rogue Pit has told me. I would suggest Wingdashing, for Rogue and Sagemoon, 2 great Pits, use this in their battles numerous times :(

I think Wing Renewal and Wing Refreshing are others, I forgot the difference between em. Glideshifting is a supportive one. They can tell you which is more important.

iRjOn

Smash Lord
It's because you listed the others, and I have a major grudge against Snake, so Im not callin Snake a CP against Pit, he's just cheap, not as cheap as Meta though.

There are occasions when TL may have the upper hand, only because he can outcamp us and the hatred that we have hard times approaching those with longer range than us, but barely, like Falco.
Ahh thanx so much
:D

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
are any pits planning on attending the Whobo this april?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216278

i know Kown and I are attending for sure and im sure other texas pits will probably go but it would be cool if some of the big named pit players go to this im lookin at you sage/adm pit/rogue/kupo and others i may forget to list right now.

we'll do our best to place high in this but itd be nice to have more pit support

kthanxbai

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I was bored today and i was playing around with jab cancels and grab releasing with link. And i found that he can do a jab cancel grab release combo on certain characters. And i was wondering if the same thing can be done with pit.

Pits second jab seems to pull people toward him and within grabbing range. The % seems to matter, and for most characters it starts at about 60%ish, though it can work on certain characters starting at 0% and sometimes not at all. It also seems to matter how u release them. It only seems to work when they release when ur not pummeling them. Best of all you dont have to move at all. Though it would probably work better if u moved a bit.

The "combo" is Grab>Pummel>Release>Jab>Jab>Grab

Characters ive tested it on: (Without Moving)
Any%: Toon Link, Snake, Mario, G&W, Olimar, Peach, Shiek, Ness, Ivy
Below 60%: Falco, Charizard (for some reason after 60% he doesn't get pulled back.)
Below 80%: Link
40% and up: Marth, D3, Ganon
60% and up: Fox, Rob, Wolf, Zelda, DK, Lucario, Samus
Never: Meta (of course), Luigi, Kirby, Ike, Pit, Yoshi, Lucas, Sonic, Wario, CF, ZSS, Squirtle, IC
Sometimes: Diddy, Pika (not sure why but sometimes out of range) Jiggly (Comp jumped out a few times)
Weird Stuff: Bowser (sometimes a simple grab release works on bowser, as long as ur pummeling him while he releases, other then that he has to be pummeled for it to continue.)

Anyway since i have no one to test it with for DI purposes, anyone wanna try testing it out? I have a feeling that they can probably get out with perfect timing, but in this game they can get out of pretty much anything, doesnt mean its not worth trying. lol.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
oh no. my train of thought went from Ikes jab cancel grab to Link, then to pit. I guess if u play a lot of characters, it helps you think a little more creatively. Idk lol.

Hmm should i just make a thread for this?

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yo ryos thats some pretty sexy stuff youve been posting, assuming it holds of course, but anyways to my question

are there any disadvantages to ending your wingdash with a bair instead of a dair? i find myself ending it with bair quite a bit on accident, sorry i just started wingdashing, hadnt thought of it for a while and then i just tried it in a friendly and worked like a charm haha

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone, what is a good way to deal with getting gimped while using WoI?

I played my friend's ROB quite a bit today, and I found that more often that not he was able to just drop under the stage and shoot me when I was trying to escape his Gyro which was buzzing right on the ledge.
right before you reach the ledge WoI the windpush will move his gyro far enough away plus ifhes comint to spike you or aerial then he will get pushed as well messing up his spacing, watch Sagemoons videos almost everytime right before he grabs the ledge he WoI's

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Thats what im wanting to find out. But, regardless if they can get out or not. it will still work on people, just not over and over. Just something new to use against people.

As for wing dashing, i never used dair. I always uses uair to end my wing dashes. Im not sure why. So i dont really think it matters which attack you use. As long as it doesn't force you into a fast fall causing ending lag or worse not being able to use an aerial at all and getting stuck in the flying animation floating just above the ground.

Top Bottom