• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Esca

Smash Champion
What do you guys think about the grounded upb > reverse bair? I love utilizing it because the wind pushes them away and the bair's sweet spot is like 3 times as big. Try it out guys!

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
What do you guys think about the grounded upb > reverse bair? I love utilizing it because the wind pushes them away and the bair's sweet spot is like 3 times as big. Try it out guys!
its bigger because it is out as you are moving down plus u lunge a lil bit the way u use it. also, HELL YA I LOVE THIS TECH ESCA! this is one of the easiest ways to set up for bair kill. predict what move they will use, dodge it with grounded WOI and punish with bair ftw.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
does anyone have hitbox data for the winglunge? Also does anyone know what projectiles can be cancelled by WoI and which ones cant?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dude jsut post some vids in the critique thread. not everyone has wifi but EVERYONE can critique on something. and when you do i promise i will give you the most in depth (and possibly harsh but it wouldn't be intentional if it sounds harsh, im jsust bad at wording stuffz) critique i have ever done. but only for 2-3 vids as critique can get tiresome

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Well I figured out why my pit sucks... its really about me STILL doing stupid stuff and not spacing or learning the basics.... I played this dude who had brawl for 2 weeks and I still sandbaged a lot... I really need to learn on defense.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
one thing that will help u is playing ur pit kinda like marth. make them work hard to get close enough to hit you, try to space them wiht our long range moves like ftilt tipper, run away and pivot arrow, and most of all dtilt (which i have yet to see a lot of pit's use properly. it has the same range as marth's fsmash only it's practically unpunishable at the tip, it sets up for a bunch of stuff, and is spammable to a degree). and use jab like MKs use ftilt, except if they shield the first 2 hits use jab infinite which guarenteed will hit if they try to shield it. also another that helped me out a lot was when i was told by TC1 "don't go for stuff that you want to hit with, only go for the guarenteed hit. also even though you grab a decent amount, grab more." if you just go fo rthe guarenteed hit when they get close and never approach and just spam arrows and punish their mistakes instead of being on the other side of that coin, then ur metagame will start to sky rocket.

now while it will take a little bit for you to stop going what might hit (arrows aside in all this, they are a spammable projectile), and what will hit, once you do ur pit will be amazing. also let me emphasize how much you should grab to punish stuff.

EVERY ****ING CHANCE THAT YOU GET ALWAYS EVER GO FOR THE GRAB!!!!!!! I CANNOT POSSIBLY EMPHASIZE HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS AS OUR GRABS KICK *** AND IT WILL MAKE PEOPLE AFRAID TO SHIELD TO A DEGREE AND THAT IS WHEN YOU CAN START PUNISHING WITH KILL MOVES LATER ON IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Abel1994

Smash Lord
one thing that will help u is playing ur pit kinda like marth. make them work hard to get close enough to hit you, try to space them wiht our long range moves like ftilt tipper, run away and pivot arrow, and most of all dtilt (which i have yet to see a lot of pit's use properly. it has the same range as marth's fsmash only it's practically unpunishable at the tip, it sets up for a bunch of stuff, and is spammable to a degree). and use jab like MKs use ftilt, except if they shield the first 2 hits use jab infinite which guarenteed will hit if they try to shield it. also another that helped me out a lot was when i was told by TC1 "don't go for stuff that you want to hit with, only go for the guarenteed hit. also even though you grab a decent amount, grab more." if you just go fo rthe guarenteed hit when they get close and never approach and just spam arrows and punish their mistakes instead of being on the other side of that coin, then ur metagame will start to sky rocket.

now while it will take a little bit for you to stop going what might hit (arrows aside in all this, they are a spammable projectile), and what will hit, once you do ur pit will be amazing. also let me emphasize how much you should grab to punish stuff.

EVERY ****ING CHANCE THAT YOU GET ALWAYS EVER GO FOR THE GRAB!!!!!!! I CANNOT POSSIBLY EMPHASIZE HOW IMPORTANT THIS IS AS OUR GRABS KICK *** AND IT WILL MAKE PEOPLE AFRAID TO SHIELD TO A DEGREE AND THAT IS WHEN YOU CAN START PUNISHING WITH KILL MOVES LATER ON IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Alright thanks

Grab and Dtilt more and dont do random moves were I just spam hoping for a hit :3
thanks

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Mk's use ftilt as an annoyance move. When Im Mk I walk around ftilt you the speed varies on what your reaction is like if you shield i'll do it slowly or cancel first hit to dtilt or walk away. First two hits can combo to a grab if they react by trying to airdodge/

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Mk's use ftilt as an annoyance move. When Im Mk I walk around ftilt you the speed varies on what your reaction is like if you shield i'll do it slowly or cancel first hit to dtilt or walk away. First two hits can combo to a grab if they react by trying to airdodge/
much better. thank you for clarifying. :)

Abel1994

Smash Lord
So i Dtilted a lot on my matches and tried to space and all I have to say is Dtilt da bess...\

waiting on friend to post em on utube.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
wat'd i tell ya? :) pit's dtilt is one of this game's perfect (non-special attack) moves. i have a list of moves that i find to have no negative qualities and our dtilt is right up there with weegee's jab, snakes utilt, mk's dair... there's others but this is topic for another time

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Just need to learn to combo with it becuase doing Dtilt>Fair combo is sexy!!!!! and I love how when they shield I still some how get 70% of the Dtilt in xD AND I WAS PRETTY FAR AWAY!

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Wait wtf your on Fsmash? Since when lol AND YOU SHOULD OF SAID SOMETHING ABOUT PIT BOARD BECAUSE I WAS PLAYING SOMEONE ELSE lol sorry but I can only play on Friday Saturday and Sunday T.T

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Wait wtf your on Fsmash? Since when lol AND YOU SHOULD OF SAID SOMETHING ABOUT PIT BOARD BECAUSE I WAS PLAYING SOMEONE ELSE lol sorry but I can only play on Friday Saturday and Sunday T.T
Ya my tag was Kuro~ and you were just like "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" and left xD

and btw guys i have AiB, brawlfriendcodes, and fsmash. So ill play any of u. I just hate pitto's so dont expect me to use pit against u alot lol.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
don't know why i never thought of this till now (or if i have i don't remember). i know that as long as they don't jump or shield or have a breaker move we can grab release>dsmash everyone but like is said it's not guarenteed. anyone ever try grab release>dtilt which is faster, has more range, is spammable? hell while im still wii-less some1 should be like "oh ho ho.. ima go test this and see if it's got potential cause mhrba can't and derp derp derp derp."

Xcallion

Smash Ace
don't know why i never thought of this till now (or if i have i don't remember). i know that as long as they don't jump or shield or have a breaker move we can grab release>dsmash everyone but like is said it's not guarenteed. anyone ever try grab release>dtilt which is faster, has more range, is spammable? hell while im still wii-less some1 should be like "oh ho ho.. ima go test this and see if it's got potential cause mhrba can't and derp derp derp derp."
i'll try it but i wont be laughing at you while i do it

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
cool. because as of right now on paper (or board post-age) it seems like it may be legit.

and it's not laughing so much as.... welll.... it's an old joke me and pulse used to do with like 4 more derps and a funny voice. i may just have to record myself doing it and post it so all of you will start going "and derp derp derp derp.... and derp derp derp derp derp derp derp." but im not sure i could handle all of the derp-age we would start seeing around here

:bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee::bee:
(consider these derp faces for now)

Xcallion

Smash Ace
Pummel GR>D-tilt:

Wario(?)
Ness (Lucas tends to slide just out of reach)

And that's it for now. I've only tested the left 4 collumns but, i'll get the rest tommorow. Looks like this isnt too useful after all :(

Top Bottom