• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
No, every character has a DACUS period. No slide doesn't mean no DACUS. GW has a DACUS even though he doesn't move at all.

:059:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
every dash attack in the game can be cancelled into upsmash if you do it right. however pit's dacus gives him NO boost at all (this is true for most of the cast). the only way to get a noticable boost on pit's up smash is 2SCJCU (2nd step jump cancelled u-smash) or third dash step boost.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
How do I learn how to chaingrab with pit... Every time I do it to a falco they just press A to hit me >.>

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Chaingrabbing Falco/Wolf is annoying because the timing has to be more precise. I think we can fthrow falco 3 times to 27%~ before he can break out, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I go for the safer more lazy approach and just fthrow to dtilt, thanks to PTZR for telling me. It puts him in the air and gets him around 20% free damage.

It's easy for other characters, just dash and grab. Or you could do the more technical approach Maharba discovered and DACG which is like DACUS, but you cancel your dash with a grab. It gives Pit more of a boost than a regular dash grab giving you more successful chaingrabs, but I only use it on certain characters since it is more difficult.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
r u sure? you realize we can only regrab falco by DACG right? but if you tested DACG and found that he can spot dodge it post the info or a vid with the frame being emulated and if you are right i will update the CG thread like i did for marth when it was found that he can't dolphin out of fthorw>ssfsmash if done fast enough and only at 0%

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
It's just not worth it :x even if it was frame-true (I have ni idea if it is, and I don't believe I could do it 3 times in a row anyway) the risk of getting jabbed>grab is not one I'm willing to take when I can instead inflict 30%~ perfrectly safely
personally i just fthrow>fsmash, but i'll try fthrow>dtilt, it might lead to some nasty stuff.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
come on guys am i the only one who practices DACG or wat? it is not hard with some practice and three times in a row is nothing. however i agree with you on the fact that usually f-throw>ssfsmash is better to do. however if i can get a grab and cg him to the edge, i will do that as it gives you a **** ton of ways to just **** flack-oh right up the ***

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Would you guys think of me as a let down if my pit does a edge hog (i did it once and didnt feel good because it felt like im cheating) Then I started to do it on falco because his chaingrab is a auto 50%+ and I hate them :3

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Wow, um edgehog any chance you get. This isn't 2008 anymore where it's cheap. It's a legitmite way to end someone's stock. It's your opponent's fault if they think it isn't fair because they are the ones expected to be babied and are taking the ledge for granted. People should always have a way to get back on the stage or tot eh ledge safely so there is no harm in edgehogging them. It happens in competitive play all the time.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
OMG thank you. I dont know how many times I had the chance of doing it but dont because I tought it was cheap. Now I can win like 50% more games now ♥ Also, how do I do the Dacus grab you were talkin about...

dskank

Smash Journeyman
WHY R WE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE CG ON FALCO!
u dont even need to dacgrab to do it, just have to use crazy buffering. i play with a good falco all the time, it works its just hard as ****, dacgrab makes it easier in theory but more difficult to pull in a match imo.
i feel this has been true for a while now but people just john about it being difficult so they assume its not true :/

p.s. free/safe 40% is nothing to frown at

Abel1994

Smash Lord
What do you guys usually do when you have 100%+ and your opponet has like 100%+ and you cant kill em at all because you have no killing moves :p

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Jump high and curve your arrows down to hit him in the head. This method also get's past his reflector. Other than that, be patient and shield frequently. Arrows do more damage than his lasers.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
i'll give it a try next time. i got ***** by a falco in my first tourney and i want to know the MU a little better so it doesnt happen again.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
anything else that i should know? aside from avoiding the CG and not etting dair spiked obv.

EDIT: Very unrelated but i just added an avatar pic and it isnt showing up on my post. anyone know why?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Post count too low I guess, Vs falco. Wait till 30% b4 approaching Bait side b's, punish them with Infinite jabs, if you time it right your ftilt takes them out of it. You see them doing doing SH DL while you're at killing percent mirror shield the 2nd laser chances are they might Buffer DACUS. I did that to dehf when me and him played a serious set. He was getting scared. You have to play patient in the match-up. Don't play to aggro or falco can slip right past you. Also, I felt proud when larry told me, "I don't wanna play you in brackets, I might lose to you"

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
against falco also if you get him off stage and you know he will be at the right height for him to get hit by it hold angel ring just over the lip of the edge. i got like 30% on sk92 when i was playing him cause it just ***** them spacies so much harder than any other chars.

and marth is not one of pits worst mus. its like falco, if you don't know the match up then u lose to marth. however it its no where near as hard to play as the flaco match up

Abel1994

Smash Lord
against falco also if you get him off stage and you know he will be at the right height for him to get hit by it hold angel ring just over the lip of the edge. i got like 30% on sk92 when i was playing him cause it just ***** them spacies so much harder than any other chars.

and marth is not one of pits worst mus. its like falco, if you don't know the match up then u lose to marth. however it its no where near as hard to play as the flaco match up
Falco on me is a 50% win loose.. All I learn is how they play and I NEVER LOOK AT ANY CHARECTOR MU AT ALL!
And I suck against marth which is my worst match up :p

All dependes on the player.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
thanks for the advice guys :) next question. i hate the MK MU as well. i lost to a player that picked up mk for our game that i know i'm better than usually. i was thinking going falco or G&W in the MK MU. which one would be better for a pit main to have in general?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
thanks for the advice guys :) next question. i hate the MK MU as well. i lost to a player that picked up mk for our game that i know i'm better than usually. i was thinking going falco or G&W in the MK MU. which one would be better for a pit main to have in general?
Salco aka sexy falco.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
believe me or not if you learn the mk match up with pit i agree with kuro's personal opinion of 55:45 mk. ill have to make pulse post a vid of my new strategy against mk since i can't upload vids anymore :(. but alas while it is a hard mu, i promise that when kuro starts the mk discussion i will explain and PROVE with solid facts and vids that it is true. i don't care wat anyone tells me. i am in 100% compliance with kuro on the mk mu now that i have more experiance with it and STOPPED TRYING TO DO BETTER WITH A SECONDARY against mk (i do however understand a second against g&w and wario)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I was playing the best mk in md/va yesterday and I really think Pit gets ***** by a smart mk. We get walled so hard offstage. I would take 40+ percent or get gimped to death once omni got me offstage. It is really hard to recover when your opponent has as many jumps as we do and I don't believe there is any other character that can gimp us out of woi like mk can. Seriously, metaknight is a whole other world of learning compared to Marth and Falco. I can barely take his Falco as well because avoiding the chaingrab has proven to be really hard offline with Falco's jabs. (only have experience against falco on wifi)

I'm just going to go pikachu for both matchups. My pika does really well against them. I 2 stocked his mk with pika once and spacies are a breeze when you have a 100% cg on up your sleeve.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
true. but like i said i learned it finally. im not saying it was easy. i intentionally played nothing but mks for 2weeks and i learned some great strategies and techniques. one move that if you master really heyeped my out once ia stareted exoperiamenting with it is WOI. honestly this move's metagemae is so underdevelopad that i dont think we as a board have looked into it enough. dry about the pour spe llin im drunk :)

Top Bottom