• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Correction frames 1-4 are Invincible Frame 5 is windbox

Bthrow Well I only do it on ps1 during the stone phase I've heard of the Bthrow CG though I think Vex had A video about it

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
What's everyone's opinion on woi oos to prevent getting grabbed? Most people's grab hitboxes are on frame 6 so we could be invincible for the time they are trying to grab us and even if we miss-time it the wind hixbox will push them out of range for most people's grabs.

I wanted to know if we could punish afterwards with a FF fair or something, but it looks like we don't have enough time during the cooldown frames of someone's grab. Either way, it could be a way to escape and prevent getting grabbed from nasty characters like IC's, DDD, Snake.

Has anyone tried this already?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It's best to do it on stages with platforms, like SV BF, Yoshi's I use it, but only on platform stages. you have a place to run away from. Plus use fair or bair to cancel for no landing lag.

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
What's everyone's opinion on woi oos to prevent getting grabbed? Most people's grab hitboxes are on frame 6 so we could be invincible for the time they are trying to grab us and even if we miss-time it the wind hixbox will push them out of range for most people's grabs.

I wanted to know if we could punish afterwards with a FF fair or something, but it looks like we don't have enough time during the cooldown frames of someone's grab. Either way, it could be a way to escape and prevent getting grabbed from nasty characters like IC's, DDD, Snake.

Has anyone tried this already?
Sagemoon had this in his CV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwT33mY2ruw

6:35

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Agreed! The BBR put him too low >__>. We need to get him back where he was, and then we can raise him even higher in the Tier list :D!

I should use WoI more in my gameplay, though ^^;. I don't use it as often as I should.
it helps pit shield poke even moar than he already does ;) and i thnk pit is Top of B tier. But let's not start this discussion again. At least...not in the Q&A thread haha. And yes learning to implement WoI is quite useful though honestly against alot of characters wing refresh isnt as useful as i thought it would be. Cuz though i make it work cuz no1 knows the pit mu that well all they have to do is realize out of WoI all pit CAN do is attack. So they can just you know...make Wing refresh near to useless. Any1 find any other uses for it besides stalling and chasing off stage? Though Wing refresh is good vs snake.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
To me I think Pit is above Rob and Fox. Fox has better killing moves but his recovery can be gayed a lot worse then our's. Rob... I don't even know why rob is so high tbh

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well the best move to "spam" is Arrow's. Uh I play Pit like Mk a bit I do Dairs on all my jumps when they're at high percents it usually trades with people. Only do it if you have the lead and they are at like 150%. Also I fought esca's G&W today, Still figuring out what to do...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
haha I already use those only when a person is off stage or i loop hit em
Jab is a greatly under utilized tool. And utilt. Not sayin spam them. Im sayin learn2usethemmore. And arrows...lots of arrows. and grabs if u can 1 uthrow=12% plus followups ;)

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Just played an hour against slikvik's wario and GaW. I think I figured GaW out somewhat. Slow jab works really well. Use it whenever you attack oos and just cancel it if he shields it and run away. It's the best move to punish his dair landing. Don't try to punish turtle, just DI up and then get an advantageous position. Jab cancel into utilt works when he is close. Other than arrows, most of your damage will come from aerials. Make sure you'retreating for all of your aerials though. Retreating fair is good so space it and it should work most of the time. You can get some damage on him when he is also trying to fair you offstage by outmaneuvering him. utilt inside his shield as well.

You can get easy kills if he buckets offstage and you fill it then continue to gimp him and edgehog after he uses his second jump too.

So:

- slow Jab
- retreating/spaced fair
- utilt
- arrows
- spaced uair his dair
- gimp
- fsmash @ 120

Abel1994

Smash Lord
first hit and 3rd hit do. I usually jab statue's, Dee's, Doo's brinstar stuff.
Your so smart :3
I never new anything about refreshing stuff which ment I tried saving skills until somone was at 100%+ and not using my full potential lol

NOW I CAN NOW DO ANYTHING KNOWING THAT IT WONT BE STALE IF I USE 9 OTHER MOVES!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Any tips against Wario? What are good moves to cover his aerial approaches with? I've decided to give Pit a shot as my 2nd vs DDD, Pikachu and Wario [MAYBE Sheik] to use him vs Wolf's bad match-ups.

Pit doesn't have a dacus. Pit's traction just makes it look like it.
Every character has a DACUS.

:059:

Top Bottom