• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

Nitrix

Smash Ace
How do you glide?
Jump twice then push the control right then left. This will result in gliding to the left, assuming Pit is facing that direction in the air.

Also, are there any matchups in which Angel Ring plays a big part in Pit winning? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Falco.

woops double post lol >_>

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
I don't think Kirby getting arrows is THAT big of a deal in the matchup. To me its pretty even to slight Pit advantage. Neither one has a real edge, although forcing Kirby to approach is nice.
it is a big deal if they used to main pit and practices kirby's arrow game a lot because that is our main dubs team (pit/kirby ftw). if your playing someone who ain't good with the bow it doesn't matter to much tho.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Side B is good vs alot of people but it shouldn't be abused. I use it vs Snake's, ZSS, Falco's, IC's (IMO) A lot of the low tiers. You should space Side b and use it like right after a Full hop Dair. FH Dair FF Side B in either direction if timed right you slide across the stage.

Edit: Side B is Godly on Ps2 Ice stage

Abel1994

Smash Lord
If I try playing without using smashes at all for a while since I spam smashes A LOT will I get better? since I will know what skill to use instead of spamming xD

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Edit: Side B is Godly on Ps2 Ice stage
Thisx10, I'm starting to cp ps2 a lot just for the ice transformation. It's also fairly good on the windy pictochat transformation. Adding to Pitzer's list, angel ring does really well against olimar as it reflects his pikmin back at him and he can really only grab a poorly used angel ring. He won't be jumping over it either because olimars don't like the air.

P.S. explain this glide attack cancel into bair moar.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Hold down the jump button.

There's also something you can do with the control stick, but I have no idea what it is and do it accidentally all the frickin' time and I hate it.
You should probably use the other method, I'm pretty sure it allows for Pit to initiate glides quicker. Just double jump then push the stick left and right if Pit is facing right, or right then left if Pit is facing left.

My understanding of what Patriotic Zero said, is that when on a platform-stage like BF you can space your glide so that you will hit them, but land on the platform above them. Then you can use their knockback and your jumps to score a B-Air.

Abel, I'd suggest resorting to Pit's great tilts like D-Tilt if you feel like you need more stuff to use when boxing. And U-Smash is a great move when you work it into your game :cool:. Pit is a very balanced character with no useless moves that I can think of. If you work all of his moves into your game at the right moment, then saving your smashes will be easy.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Alright, when you Glide to bf angle your glide to where you land on the platform like this
Where the Arrow is pointed if you do it right you'll ledge cancel. You can also do this without glide attacking and get the same result's

D

Deleted member

How do yall deal with MKs juggling. I MMed sean's MK with pit (hes rank 2 in norcal) and wed go even for the most part but once he got the juggles going i was stuck, hed wait for dairs or airdodges and hit me, i tried mixing up with up b fast fall dairs and such but i always took way too much damage than i could afford, considering MK aint easy even once you land.

Esca

Smash Champion
How do yall deal with MKs juggling. I MMed sean's MK with pit (hes rank 2 in norcal) and wed go even for the most part but once he got the juggles going i was stuck, hed wait for dairs or airdodges and hit me, i tried mixing up with up b fast fall dairs and such but i always took way too much damage than i could afford, considering MK aint easy even once you land.
Honestly just wavebounce an arrow out or mirror shield!

D

Deleted member

Or if he baits the airdodge you get naired lolz and then you are in a terrible position.

Ty esca i cant believe i hadnt been pivot mirror shielding.

Esca

Smash Champion
Ty esca i cant believe i hadnt been pivot mirror shielding.
Dude yes, it's so helpful. It's like Snakes grenade stuff. Recover high and pivot mirror shields etc, mix it up idk. I do whatever there's so many options.

And Pitzer, I see what you mean since it's so fast, but I just use it when im falling, because it only has vertical range at frame.. 14? Frame 2 is on the ground so I do it after rolls or airdodges. It's just me, But I do use utilt as an "OH ****" move if you would.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Fair momentum cancels better than bair. Ends earlier even if it might seem longer because of the start up lag.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
thank you kuro. i will try and work that for horizantal for sure. i will say ive been living against fox's fresh usmash at 110%-117% by double stick-ing back and using back air so im thinking bair is the way to go on vertical.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Dair is actually the best option the whole time but i'm sure Fair is better than Bair. Bair's sex kick is actually quite long.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Why do start-up frames matter? Maybe I'm missing something. Isn't the reason we dont airdodge because even though it starts earlier it ends later?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Starting frames matter, The earlier it starts and the faster it ends means its the better momentum cancel like link's Bair, Falco's Bair, Fox's Nair, Wario's Fair, Peach's Uair, Snake's Bair or Uair, G&W Nair, Mario's uair, Luigi's Fair, Wolf's Bair, Marth's Fair, MK's Uair, and etc

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
Sorry your probably right but could you help explain it to me then. Isn't the idea that you use the shortest overall move to momentum cancel quicker. i.e. becuase the fair is finished a frame quicker than bair you can jump/fastfall earlier to reduce your momentum.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Because fair comes out later and ends quick means it not good you have to use the move that comes out early and ends early. Like for example I believe metaknight fair and uair come out on the same frames but you would use Uair since it ends faster Since also Fair last longer than Uair. You however wouldn't use Dair because it comes out later and thus you're in hitstun longer.

Point is you wanna use a move that comes out the fastest so you are out of hitstun faster. Dair and Bair both come out on the same frame But Bair ends a little later. Dair however is used for Vertical Momentum cancel cause if you dair with the c-stick you also fastfall it, unless you set your c-stick to tiltstick.

Top Bottom